• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Well, rather than bladed boomerangs and smoke bombs, he fashions contraptions out of whatever bits and bobs he can find. The most famous examples are the gun made from a slot machine that fires coins, the pedal-powered flying machine and the rock-serving catapult.

That said, he does have a Laytonmobile...~ ;3
So he's like a Batman who isn't rich AND recycles!
It's like removing my least favorite thing about Batman and also adressing an issue I find important.
Alright, you got me very curious.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Yeah all very ignorant, which is odd because if you're a gamer, especially a gamer that plays Nintendo games you should know how King K rool is.
Even after I became a Nintendo nerd, it still took me a while to figure out who "King K. Rool" was supposed to be. That's just me though.

Doctor3AM

Smash Apprentice
Let me know what you guys think of this
Instead of a Young Link with different masks...
YOU'VE MET WITH A TERRIBLE FATE, HAVEN'T YOU?
Happy Mask Salesman
Wasn't there that one message from Nintendo implying he might be in the new TLOZ

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
How many top DLC characters did you know before you played Smash 64 for the first time?

I grew up with my SNES/N64/PS1, So I was already very familiar with King K Rool, Dixie, Banjo and Rayman (hard ps1 game). I also had Ice Climber, so I was familiar with them when Melee came around. Actually, Smash 64 introduced me to Starfox, Metroid, Kirby, F Zero and Earthbound. I remember when someone told me Jigglypuff was in the game, then I played it for the first time and was so mad when I assumed this "Kirby" character was who he mistook for Jiggs. Then I unlocked Jigglypuff, and was very happy :)

I didn't play Starfox 64 until after Melee, so Wolf was still fairly newer to me when Brawl came around.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Let me know what you guys think of this
Instead of a Young Link with different masks...
YOU'VE MET WITH A TERRIBLE FATE, HAVEN'T YOU?
Happy Mask Salesman
Wasn't there that one message from Nintendo implying he might be in the new TLOZ
Not going to happen. Incredibly minor character in the series overall, major in only one game. I can't see anyone major in only one game getting into Smash. He's a decent candidate for Hyrule Warriors, but not Smash.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Oho, someone actually brought this up after all this time?

The Salesman using transformation masks has always been my ideal Zelda candidate.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If Mii Costumes are really a deconfirmation, then the 4 characters I want to see get in the game are Isaac, Bandana Dee, Paper Mario, and Wolf.

K. Rool not being in the game would suck but his deconfirmation would also mean that Inkling won't get in the game so that's a nice trade off for me.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Mii Costumes are really a deconfirmation, then the 4 characters I want to see get in the game are Isaac, Bandana Dee, Paper Mario, and Wolf.

K. Rool not being in the game would suck but his deconfirmation would also mean that Inkling won't get in the game so that's a nice trade off for me.
They claim he's deconfirmed entirely for the Mii costume, when there's ZERO evidence that's the case at all. We deconfirmed Toon Link for appearing on the Spirit Train stage, and look how that turned out.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Something interesting to note about Sakurai's criteria for a (1st party) character.
According to Sakurai the character must
1) Have personality
2) Unique moveset potential
3) How hard they would be to develop/balance
4) Number of reps the franchise has

In fact, nowhere does Sakurai say he chooses a character based on relevancy.
He states that characters from series that are unlikely to get sequels are low priority.

So characters like "K Rool, Krystal, Sylux, etc," even though they haven't been in a game lately, there series has had a game, so relevancy doesn't matter for them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Something interesting to note about Sakurai's criteria for a (1st party) character.

1) Have personality

He states that characters from series that are unlikely to get sequels are low priority.

So characters like "K Rool, Krystal, Sylux, etc," even though they haven't been in a game lately, there series has had a game, so relevancy doesn't matter for them.
Yes, because something he said about Brawl still applies. It's why Villager isn't playable

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

1) Have personality

I believe it was later retranslated and it said "characters or series" who haven't been in a game recently or aren't likely to appear in a game in the near future.

And even then, it does say "low priority." (Ok, you got that part.)

Yes, because something he said about Brawl still applies. It's why Villager isn't playable
Pretty sure he's said similar things more recently as well.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Shantae doesn't stand a chance of getting in. Why? Because she's a third party that isn't an icon, both out, and even in the gaming industry.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shantae doesn't stand a chance of getting in. Why? Because she's a third party that isn't an icon, both out, and even in the gaming industry.
Like if the RTC thread wasn't trash talking enough yet...

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3i2gq9/smash_ballot_results_are_here_for_the_smash_bros/
Shantae have high chances to be included in Smash Bros.

Deconfirmations:
Skull Kid
Zero (from Megaman)
Ice Climbers
King K. Rool
Waluigi
Inkling
Laughable.
A fan poll with hardly more than 2000 votes. It means absolutely nothing.
The rotten cherry on top of the burnt cake is that the comments on each character arn't well thought out at all.
It's written in an incredibly childish manner and is jumping to conclusions.

D

Deleted member

They called the Gematsu Leak "Famitsu Leak".

Yeah........that poll is full of Bull.

D

Deleted member

They called it the Famitsu Leak? What?!
Yes they did, and i quote:
from the early days of the Famitsu leak, these three round choir students have challenged people to imagine not one, not two, but three people fighting at the same time... just not enough to make them place any higher than 36 on the poll.
As if this poll wasn't silly enough.

D

Deleted member

Yeah i think we should stop talking about the Ninjutsu Leak before things get ugly.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
The Shih Tzu Leak?
Nintendog Confirmed

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Mitsubishi Leak.

Car fighters

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
We can go to some weird and wonderful topics in this thread.

On that tune, how would you react if a clone character turns out to be a ballot winner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom