• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dillon's Last Round Up. Dillon the AT (In glorious HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I admit, I said "S#!T" very loudly when I saw the PoTD
But he looks amazing

D

Deleted member

Dillon looks pretty damn good for an Assist Trophy! I'm sorry to the people who wanted him however. At least his series didn't go without recognition and there is always a good chance for next time!

Arteen

Smash Lord
His playable chances were slim, so an assist trophy appearance is still pretty good.

He's looking sharp.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
He looks really good. Now I'm kind of sad he's not playable, and I initially wasn't hoping for him. Sadness

Also, "RIP in peace" ... rest in peace in peace?
That's how much peace we need to deal with this tragedy.

In all seriousness AT LEAST he is in the game. And like most of you have said he looks flipping amazing. Heck even Sakurai comments on Dillon makes me think he wanted him to be a playable character just something behind the scenes didn't allow it. Though with this my hopes are a lot higher for the next game for him to make it to playable.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Woke up to a Dillon deconfirmation, it seems. A shame, really. He really looked "Made for Smash."

That being said, that model looks amazing! If his line of games continue, maybe he'll be the next Smash Bros.' Little Mac.
I just hope his inclusion will raise interest for more of his games. Which would in turn help his chances for SSB7

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
I'm not even mad! I just wanted his universe to be represented! He looks way too badass in HD to hate anyway! :D

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I'm with the majority here. He would've been a fun PC, but he's just too cool looking for me to be upset. What I'm hoping is that there's some way to control/alter what AT's show up, and I know I'm not the only one whose ears perked up during the Direct when Sakurai seemed to mentioned ATs having something to do with All-Star Mode. I'm wondering if Assists are going to actually play a bigger role this time around. The beauty of Dillon's model would almost seem to suggest that, no? Hopeful thinking, you say?

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
sorry guys ...
I know what are you feeling ....
I wanted Skull Kid, Waluigi and Ashley as playable characters
(especially Waluigi and SK)

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
(It's nice to finally log on after the death of my computer...)

Well, those if you who are taking the news negatively, I'm so sorry. I really wanted to see Dillon as a playable character, too. But I'm finding it hard to be too upset simply because of how gorgeous he's looking...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, I'm here to pay my respects to Dillon. A shame he didn't get it, but DANG, look at those polygons!

So... beautiful....

Also, It looks like 15+ other people had my avatar before me. I'll change it tomorrow...

Kon

Smash Journeyman
When I first saw the Picture of the Day of today, I immediatly scrolled down in hopes for him being revealed as a playable character(even if it was already clear because he wasn't shown in some kind of Direct with his newcomer trailer). Still he looks just amazing and I'm at least glad to see him in HD. He just looks already like the next Nintendo All-Star. I hope they will give DRW at E3 a new game to look forward to.

As already many of you have said: The inclusion as an assist trophy at least shows that Sakurai noticed Dillon and even his comment is raising my hopes for Dillon being playable in SSB5 or SSB6. I really hope Dillon will get in just the way Little Mac got playable.

We should also think about one important point: Why is Dillon an Assist Trophy and not a playable character? Has it anything to do with the fact he only appears in eShop games and has no retail game yet? The number of games can't be an argument as Olimar also only had 2 games when joining the Brawl roster. Still, no need to be sad. Dillon is a cool character and he at least got a character model that great.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Well, I'm here to pay my respects to Dillon. A shame he didn't get it, but DANG, look at those polygons!

So... beautiful....

Also, It looks like 15+ other people had my avatar before me. I'll change it tomorrow...
No keep it we need to honor Dillon and never forget!

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Another one bites the dust but atleast he went out gloriously.

Maybe this will promote more Dillon games? Maybe he'll make it next time then?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Real shame he wasn't playable, he was one of my most-wanted characters. But it wasn't meant to be, it seems. I'll just hold out for Smash 5.

peachy!

super princess
He looks freakin' amazing. I was really sad to see him disconfirmed this morning, but like someone else said, it gives me hope that he will become the Little Mac of the next Smash Bros.

Or, a patch in the future could remove him as an Assist Trophy and make way for a playable Dillon as DLC. One can dream!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My condolences. However, his model looks awesome! I was excited to see him myself!

Hopefully his series survives long enough for the next Smash. Here's hoping!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I didn't know who Dillon was, but hey, apologies for those who really wanted him in, and now I kinda want to see him in Smash 5 now.

On the bright side, he looks amazing right now, and basically confirms eShop elements might be added in!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I'm actually more disappointed that a stage wasn't revealed first. Things aren't looking *that* good in that category...

I was worried that this would happen since he was in a similar posistion as Isaac in Brawl. Welp. Let's at least hope for some music!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Dang, I wanted him as a character, BUT he looks awesome as an AT too.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I didn't post in this thread or showed any support for him but I'm going to be honest, I would have liked him as playable but the fact that he's assist is a good news.

First, I tough honestly to see disapointment only to realize that you seem to accept it happily enough (which I agree I like his model)

But, this is a great news why? because it shows how Sakurai is open to rep more other series or new ones. And you know what this means: More reps for underreped series. I like how Sakurai does acknowledge series that deserves reps, it gives me hope for other characters.

Now, I just can't wait to see him as an assist even if he could have been playable that was a great ideas and who knows maybe we haven't finished to talk about him (that was the case with city trial and now, it's in smash run)

Rip dilon, you had my respect.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I think the best thing we can do at this point is pray for music (and hopefully stages) and get the series or get other people into it; the nice thing about it being an eShop game is it's never going to leave store or be closed out to new people getting it.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I was always indifferent to Dillion, his AT looks amazing and I like how they put him next to sonic in the pic of the day.
His HD model for his trophy looks so good, that it actually made me want him as a character, because he looks so good, and I was once indifferent to the character.
Wow really nice.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
My condolence to the Dillon supporters. I would have loved to see him too, but oh well. At least he's a pretty cool looking assist trophy. ^_^

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'm just glad his brilliant character design is in the game. The art direction on the rolling western series is top notch. Hopefully his series has even more representation than the one very cool AT.

Glad he's in the game! This should motivate me to get the second one!

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
I'm joining the others in sending my condolences to Dillon's supporters. I actually rather liked him myself- he'd rep a new series and I like his design. Perhaps with this increased exposure, and hopefully another entry in his series, he might be able to pull a Little Mac next time around!
Stay classy Dillon fan base. You've taken it quite well, and that says a lot.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'd like to give condolences to all Dillon supporters for losing the Armadillo with No Name to the Assist Trophy this time around.

But he is, quite honestly, the best-looking Assist Trophy so far, considering the short end of the stick characters like Skull Kid and Waluigi got.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is a little disappointing that Dillon is deconfirmed... while I didn't actively support Dillon, I still preferred him over Nintendo's other notable cowboys: Sheriff and Wild Gunman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom