• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dillon's Last Round Up. Dillon the AT (In glorious HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Dillons chances are... exactly the same.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
So... with Greninja, a out-of-the-blue character, how fares Dillon?
As already said: It doesn't affect Dillon at all.

I mean Greninja has only an affect on the chances of 1) other Pokémon from the new Gen of Pokémon X/Y as probably no other new Pokémon from X/Y will now get in and 2) maybe some characters with Ninja-like moves. (especially as Greninja & Shiek are confirmed and both have a different playstyle for Ninja-like moves, a third character with Ninja-like moveset seems therefore less likely in terms of uniqueness)

Dillon however uses claws and rolling attacks. Dillon has a small similarity to Sonic in terms of 1 or 2 moves, but he would feel different with his focus on strength more than on speed. Next is his Western setting. Greninja doesn't affect this one, no one of the confirmed veterans does have an affect on this one.

Oh wait, Greninja does affect Dillon's chances in a positive way to be honest.

There was a time where some people were arguing Dillon was kind of too new to be in Smash, roster was already decided before and stuff like this. However people only know Greninja since 2013. Dillon is already known since 2012, right? Since then we have already seen a sequel released in 2013, quite some months before the Pokémon X/Y release. So after all, Sakurai notices Dillon's Rolling Western as a franchise, perhaps eShop exclusive 1st Party franchise. The sequel even introduced some interesting new characters, especially the rangers who can support Dillon in the fight. So Sakurai can use stuff out of two games with some quite interesting characters who would be perfect for assist trophies. And don't forget about the unique Western music DRW offers.

Thinking about Greninja, I feel like Dillon has still chances, maybe better than expected. Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina and Little Mac were characters we already know much longer than Dillon. However we know Dillon longer than we know Greninja, right? So at least one argument can now definitely thrown away. The argument of being too new for being included in Smash4.

I don't want people to get their hopes up too high, but at least Greninja has a positive influence on Dillon's chances to get a playable appearance.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
As already said: It doesn't affect Dillon at all.

I mean Greninja has only an affect on the chances of 1) other Pokémon from the new Gen of Pokémon X/Y as probably no other new Pokémon from X/Y will now get in and 2) maybe some characters with Ninja-like moves. (especially as Greninja & Shiek are confirmed and both have a different playstyle for Ninja-like moves, a third character with Ninja-like moveset seems therefore less likely in terms of uniqueness)

Dillon however uses claws and rolling attacks. Dillon has a small similarity to Sonic in terms of 1 or 2 moves, but he would feel different with his focus on strength more than on speed. Next is his Western setting. Greninja doesn't affect this one, no one of the confirmed veterans does have an affect on this one.

Oh wait, Greninja does affect Dillon's chances in a positive way to be honest.

There was a time where some people were arguing Dillon was kind of too new to be in Smash, roster was already decided before and stuff like this. However people only know Greninja since 2013. Dillon is already known since 2012, right? Since then we have already seen a sequel released in 2013, quite some months before the Pokémon X/Y release. So after all, Sakurai notices Dillon's Rolling Western as a franchise, perhaps eShop exclusive 1st Party franchise. The sequel even introduced some interesting new characters, especially the rangers who can support Dillon in the fight. So Sakurai can use stuff out of two games with some quite interesting characters who would be perfect for assist trophies. And don't forget about the unique Western music DRW offers.

Thinking about Greninja, I feel like Dillon has still chances, maybe better than expected. Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina and Little Mac were characters we already know much longer than Dillon. However we know Dillon longer than we know Greninja, right? So at least one argument can now definitely thrown away. The argument of being too new for being included in Smash4.

I don't want people to get their hopes up too high, but at least Greninja has a positive influence on Dillon's chances to get a playable appearance.
Thanks. That's what I thought, Greninja caught me by surprise.

But after the trailer, I was actually not extremely surprised... after all, just cause' a Mon gets an Anime movie doesn't effect it's chances, but it may increase it's popularity. Greninja is relevant, and popular. I just wish I'd seen him coming....

As for Dillon, he's maaaayyyybbbeee got a 6.5-7/10 chance?

Maikou

Smash Ace
I'm just gonna drop in and say I fully support the subject Armadillo :)
The latest Nintendo Direct was a dream come true for me. for one thing, Yoshi is reconfirmed (I love Yoshi). I love animals and Dillon here is a total boss among bosses among anthropomorphic animals so it's a little obvious for me to love the character.

I might have a moveset I can contribute if anyone's interested. (no pictures/images/videos/GIFs though, sorry)

in the meantime I think Greninja is awesome :)
Plus Charizard being on his own is pretty neat. (I like reptilians in general, and love Dragons/Dinos)

Consider me a full-on supporter! :)

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I'm just gonna drop in and say I fully support the subject Armadillo :)
The latest Nintendo Direct was a dream come true for me. for one thing, Yoshi is reconfirmed (I love Yoshi). I love animals and Dillon here is a total boss among bosses among anthropomorphic animals so it's a little obvious for me to love the character.

I might have a moveset I can contribute if anyone's interested. (no pictures/images/videos/GIFs though, sorry)

in the meantime I think Greninja is awesome :)
Plus Charizard being on his own is pretty neat. (I like reptilians in general, and love Dragons/Dinos)

Consider me a full-on supporter! :)
great^^
Welcome aboard ;)
---------------------------------
Let's have a quick look at pros and cons:

Pro:
+ Unique playstyle
+ moveset bringing something new to the table
+ interesting, adorable design(as we can see easily in this thread where many people didn't know about Dillon and still by looking at his design they liked him), perfect fit for Smash Bros
+ new setting(Western setting, Tower Defense) for Smash: important for music, stages and maybe even assist trophies
+ as Greninja is a pretty new character from the latest Pokémon games(which were released after both Dillon's Rolling Western games), "very new" characters aren't out for character choices
+ probably the best eShop rep after all in terms of moveset potential
+ one of the few Nintendo eShop franchise with a sequel(which was already released about a year after the first one)
+ developed by a 3rd Party developer, however Nintendo has the rights for the game -> seems like the character and setting and all has some importance for Nintendo after all
+ Games supported by Nintendo: DRW was listed with Dillon as one of the heroes of the eShop and DRW even got a puzzle in Mii Plaza!

Some Arguments In-Between Pro and Contra:
+/- we don't know how Sakurai will threat Nintendo's eShop franchise. He could easily say: "Yeah, from now on I will always put one eShop rep in the game just the way as I handle it with retros so far" or say: "Well, eShop games aren't very big titles for us after all, so I don't see a reason for a playable character from the eShop".
+/- Dillon is a character people may want but don't expect. This type of characters have a chance of getting in(Greninja was also a character people liked in the actual game but it wasn't the character they would have seen as THE representant for Pokémon X/Y until Sakurai chose to pick him). After all, Dillon's inclusion can be reasonably explained, while not including him could also be explained in some way. In order to surprise people(just as he did with Villager, Wii Fit Trainer and Greninja so far), Dillon would be a good choice.

Contra:
- as an eShop franchise Dillon's Rolling Western hasn't known the same popularity than big retail games

Sorry, I can't think of any other cons so far. Maybe some of you can think of more contra arguments.

The next step should be the following:
What increases Dillon's chances to get included in SSB4?
+ the announcement of a 3rd DRW game (maybe even finally a DRW retail game?) [maybe at E3?] -> possible and no matter if for 3DS or WiiU: it will increase his chances
+ again some sort of promotion for DRW/DRW:TLR like a price cut or "if you have one title, the other one will be -10%" -> possible but unlikely in my opinion

What decreases Dillon's chances to get included in SSB4?
- The inclusion of another eShop character as I don't believe we will get 2 eShop characters -> possible => "instant knock out" for playable Dillon
- the inclusion of another character with a western setting (there are possibilities such as the Sheriff) -> possible
- DRW and DRW:TLR aren't anymore in the eShop in the future -> unlikely but still not completely impossible

Did I miss something at some point? (Pro Contra or things which increase/decrease Dillon's chances)

Last edited:

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
great^^

The next step should be the following:
What increases Dillon's chances to get included in SSB4?
+ the announcement of a 3rd DRW game (maybe even finally a DRW retail game?) [maybe at E3?] -> possible and no matter if for 3DS or WiiU: it will increase his chances
+ again some sort of promotion for DRW/DRW:TLR like a price cut or "if you have one title, the other one will be -10%" -> possible but unlikely in my opinion
Actually DRW was an award on the Nintendo Club for a while and I actually saw people at my school who got it.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Actually DRW was an award on the Nintendo Club for a while and I actually saw people at my school who got it.
Thx, didn't know that. In Europa, we don't have these awards in the Nintendo Club. We only get all the physical stuff but no eShop games. This actually doesn't sound that bad for Dillon after all.

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
Hey, just wanted to say that I fully support Dillon for the next Smash :) ! I don't think he is that likely, but he would be such a cool addition to the roster. Not only does he look cool, but he has some really nice moveset possibilities. I would be okay if he'd only make an appearance as a trophy though, I just think his games deserve some kind of representation.

[Sorry if I made any mistakes, but english is not my first language ^^]

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Hey, just wanted to say that I fully support Dillon for the next Smash :) ! I don't think he is that likely, but he would be such a cool addition to the roster. Not only does he look cool, but he has some really nice moveset possibilities. I would be okay if he'd only make an appearance as a trophy though, I just think his games deserve some kind of representation.

[Sorry if I made any mistakes, but english is not my first language ^^]
Your English is quite a lot better than most the English Users on Miiverse.

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
Your English is quite a lot better than most the English Users on Miiverse.
Thanks dude. I may make some mistakes, but I still try to avoid them. I'd say that, even as foreigner, the spelling found in Miiverse and Youtube burn my eyes everytime.
It's not like my mother language was harder than english though..

[Again, sorry if I made any mistakes ô_o]

Last edited:

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I got it that way, was actually pretty pysched that such a cool looking game was a free club nintendo download...but I also haven't played it yet lol....That said he seems like he would be cool.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
While we are waiting for Dillon's announcement trailer for SSB4, here is some fanart I found on the Internet ;)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah well....

Still, he looks awesome! I wonder what he does.

andimidna

Smash Master
I was so surprised to see him right after the direct massacre...
But dang, he looks great.
Like... better than the Kongs, and they're playable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I REALLY hope this somehow leads to more Dillon in the future.

A Wii U title would be awesome

D

Deleted member

My condolences, but hey, least he's in the game in some way. Plus, he looks freaking awesome.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
He looks really good. Now I'm kind of sad he's not playable, and I initially wasn't hoping for him. Sadness

Also, "RIP in peace" ... rest in peace in peace?

Staarih

Smash Master
My condolences guys! He does look amazing though. I think he'll roll around on the stage attacking the players.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I AIN'T EVEN MAD, JUST LOOK AT HIM OH GOD.

HELLO NEW AVATAR FOREVER

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Damn, he looks cool in HD. Too bad he couldn't make it in this time. Better luck in the next game hopefully.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
A little sad, but he looks so damn cool that I'm actually okay with this... and as Little Mac shows, there's always next time, maybe when he has a few more games under his awesome hat!

Ascended

Smash Ace
Slightly disappointed that he isn't playable, but I'm happy that he at least made it as an AT, and his model looks great!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Sorry everybody.

He looks awesome!!! sakurai clearly cared about him, and hey maybe he'll pull a little mac next time.

D

Deleted member

As I was trying to say before maintenance...

It seems the dream I had a while back....meant nothing.

My condolences, guys.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
When I first saw the picture, I thought it was him as playable, but it turned out he was an AT. That's one hell of a cool model for an AT.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Damn! Dillon would have been cool!

He might be the most character-worthy assist trophy so far.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Eh, now that I think about it: Starfy and Saki put up pretty good competion in importance.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Damn it. I didn't know I wanted Dillon until after I saw him in glorious HD. I'm so sorry for his supporters. Hopefully he graduates to playable character in SSB5 like Little Mac did.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Woke up to a Dillon deconfirmation, it seems. A shame, really. He really looked "Made for Smash."

That being said, that model looks amazing! If his line of games continue, maybe he'll be the next Smash Bros.' Little Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom