• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dillon's Last Round Up. Dillon the AT (In glorious HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
I think Dillon would be a great addition to the roster. Sure has yet to become a household name but, including him in the ssb roster could get the new franchise some much needed exposure. I would love to see him as a playable character in ssb but, if he makes an appearance as an assist trophy that would be fine.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'd be severely surprised if he wasn't in SSB4 in someway. After playing the first game a while back when it was free on Club Nintendo I support him.

I can see him potentially only making Assist Trophy status though. Would love for him to be playable though.
As long as he gets an HD character model I'll be incredibly happy.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Get back to front page

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I can see this guy being a collective rep for eShop-only titles. Though my potential fear is that he'll have a moveset dangerously close to Sonic's, just with claw attacks.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I can see this guy being a collective rep for eShop-only titles. Though my potential fear is that he'll have a moveset dangerously close to Sonic's, just with claw attacks.
Extremely Unlikely.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I also have a question:
When do you believe is the best time to reveal Dillon?

Should he be(just like long-awaited Little Mac) the star of a Nintendo Direct where he would be revealed right at the beginning of the Direct?

Or perhaps be shown at E3? Maybe even with big newcomers like Ridley or King K.Rool? Or would this give him less attention?

Maybe even a hidden character not revealed before release?

Would be interesting to hear your opinions on this topic ;)

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I also have a question:
When do you believe is the best time to reveal Dillon?

Should he be(just like long-awaited Little Mac) the star of a Nintendo Direct where he would be revealed right at the beginning of the Direct?

Or perhaps be shown at E3? Maybe even with big newcomers like Ridley or King K.Rool? Or would this give him less attention?

Maybe even a hidden character not revealed before release?

Would be interesting to hear your opinions on this topic ;)
He sounds like a character that would be revealed during a Direct where nothing is going on with anniversaries or release dates of other games, i.e. a random out of the blue choice. Either that or nobody finds out about him until launch.

Regardless, Dillion is a rather low profile character, so I don't see him fitting anywhere with bigger names like Ridley or K. Rool.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
He sounds like a character that would be revealed during a Direct where nothing is going on with anniversaries or release dates of other games, i.e. a random out of the blue choice. Either that or nobody finds out about him until launch.

Regardless, Dillion is a rather low profile character, so I don't see him fitting anywhere with bigger names like Ridley or K. Rool.
Your points are completely understandable. Still speaking of low profile characters, at E3 2013 we got the Villager, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer. Wii Fit Trainer seems to me also more like a low profile character and it's even difficult to say that Villager was a big deal. Villager and Wii Fit Trainer were both surprises while Mega Man was the long-awaited confirmation.

I think showing Dillon alongside with K.Rool or Ridley, people would ask themselves: "Why is a pretty unknown character revealed the same day as big newcomers?" Of course, this would fit for every less known character.

A reveal at a Nintendo Direct would however give Dillon more spotlight because he would be the Smash highlight of a Direct. Also Little Mac shows there doesn't have to be a game related character reveal.

Dillon as a hidden character wouldn't be anything he could benefit in terms of rising popularity as big names always keep the smaller ones in their shadows. Not even knowing about the smaller names wouldn't make anything better.
And after all, we know Sakurai wants to give every newcomer a special trailer. Therefore we can at least expect to know almost every newcomer before the release.

In my opinion, both, an E3 reveal as well as a Nintendo Direct reveal would be good in order to make sure, people will notice Dillon. However a Nintendo Direct would be the right way to give him the full spotlight as we wouldn't be one of the newcomers shown at an event but be more THE newcomer of a certain Direct. Revealing Dillon after release seems to me to be a bad idea. It would be like revealing Olimar in Brawl after the release of the game.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I think he could squeeze in with some other newcomers revealed at E3. It might help him if he is also playable for the demo that Nintendo should have at the event.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Your points are completely understandable. Still speaking of low profile characters, at E3 2013 we got the Villager, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer. Wii Fit Trainer seems to me also more like a low profile character and it's even difficult to say that Villager was a big deal. Villager and Wii Fit Trainer were both surprises while Mega Man was the long-awaited confirmation.

I think showing Dillon alongside with K.Rool or Ridley, people would ask themselves: "Why is a pretty unknown character revealed the same day as big newcomers?" Of course, this would fit for every less known character.

A reveal at a Nintendo Direct would however give Dillon more spotlight because he would be the Smash highlight of a Direct. Also Little Mac shows there doesn't have to be a game related character reveal.

Dillon as a hidden character wouldn't be anything he could benefit in terms of rising popularity as big names always keep the smaller ones in their shadows. Not even knowing about the smaller names wouldn't make anything better.
And after all, we know Sakurai wants to give every newcomer a special trailer. Therefore we can at least expect to know almost every newcomer before the release.

In my opinion, both, an E3 reveal as well as a Nintendo Direct reveal would be good in order to make sure, people will notice Dillon. However a Nintendo Direct would be the right way to give him the full spotlight as we wouldn't be one of the newcomers shown at an event but be more THE newcomer of a certain Direct. Revealing Dillon after release seems to me to be a bad idea. It would be like revealing Olimar in Brawl after the release of the game.
You make good points as well. But should there be some characters that won't get revealed pre-launch, Dillion will likely be among that group. Due to the purpose of Directs being hype generators, the spotlight for Smash will be newcomers with a big following (Mega Man), and/or shock factor (WFT). Dillion doesn't really fit into any extreme end of either category.

One could say the Villager also has this distinction, but in the Brawl era Sakurai made it known that he didn't think an Animal Crossing character was feasible, so the shock was still there. Rosalina and Little Mac both have a sizable fanbase, so they had a reason as well.

That said I do think that all newcomers will probably be revealed, but who knows for sure...

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
If Dillon gets in, we need an Event Match where Dillon faces off against Ganondorf, Pit (With Dark color swap) and Luigi.
Why?
Battle of the Spanish music characters!!! :awesome:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
If Dillon gets in, we need an Event Match where Dillon faces off against Ganondorf, Pit (With Dark color swap) and Luigi.
Why?
Eh, I'd swap out Luigi for Meta Knight, if his theme in the Kirby anime is anything to go by.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Why?
I consider Dillon more of a USA character than Mexican, if you want a Mexican character in smash you should support Hawlucha :p

.n_n.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I consider Dillon more of a USA character than Mexican, if you want a Mexican character in smash you should support Hawlucha :p

.n_n.
I see Dillon more as a Southern US character too, but the resemblance is still there for it to work.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think Dillon would be a great addition to the roster. Sure has yet to become a household name but, including him in the ssb roster could get the new franchise some much needed exposure. I would love to see him as a playable character in ssb but, if he makes an appearance as an assist trophy that would be fine.
Who said a character had to be a household name to get in Smash?

Ice Climbers are not a household name, before/during/after Melee and Brawl.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Dillon is one of most wanted because Smash is lacking of claw character and we need more cowboy, Yep would be like sonic but slower version. I hear he have good sell in the e-shop very well and he was the firts e-shop character to have a puzzle swap along side with Xenoblade, Rhytmin Heaven and even Brain Age.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Dillon is one of most wanted because Smash is lacking of claw character and we need more cowboy, Yep would be like sonic but slower version. I hear he have good sell in the e-shop very well and he was the firts e-shop character to have a puzzle swap along side with Xenoblade, Rhytmin Heaven and even Brain Age.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
You know, every time I see a roster - even one with Chibi Robo, King K. Rool, and Ridley on it, which are my three most wanted, now that Little Mac has been confirmed - but no Dillon, it feels a little...empty. I'm not going to say he's an absolute shoe-in, since no character is, but Dillon is a character that brings something no other character can. He's this awesome blend of Western, but with an awesome art style and a nice pool of potential for Sakurai to pull from.

I'm simply hoping that Sakurai sees Dillon like this. Even though he's extremely recent and isn't a household name, by any means, he has so much to pull from that excluding him would be potential wasted.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Dillon is one of my "Most Wanted Characters". You know, those characters that you love so much, that if only one or two of them got in the game, you'd be happy.

Little Mac was one... so was Mega Man.... come on Dillon!

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I'm just afraid Dillon will be an AT...
He even LOOKS like AT material :/

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I'm just afraid Dillon will be an AT...
He even LOOKS like AT material :/
If you think that then you haven't played or seen Dillon in action. Check out page 8 or 9 and forward for some good moveset potential he has.

I get so irritated when people say this. He is not a slower sonic for god sake he is not. In my mind, he would have his roll on one move and that is it. The rest will comprise of his claws, burrowing, and some item usage.

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
If you think that then you haven't played or seen Dillon in action. Check out page 8 or 9 and forward for some good moveset potential he has.

I get so irritated when people say this. He is not a slower sonic for god sake he is not. In my mind, he would have his roll on one move and that is it. The rest will comprise of his claws, burrowing, and some item usage.
Funny, I OWN Dillon's Rolling Western.
Both.
And I support him.
And I came up with a moveset for him.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Funny, I OWN Dillon's Rolling Western.
Both.
And I support him.
And I came up with a moveset for him.
My apologies I went back after I commented on the recommend pages just to check they were the right ones and saw your stuff. (been a while :p)

I can see where your coming from but he will be wasted if he is a AT, I'm sure you agree too. I'd just rather not have doubt in the thread. (not like it matters mind you, express your opinion).

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I think Dillon's inclusion as a full on character would make me the most happy out of anything speculated for Smash 4 (him or Knuckle Joe of course), just because of his presence as a character, and with the eshop being vital to Nintendo's commerce, I feel he won't be left out of the game, just hopefully he won't be an AT..

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Da Faq did I say about being on the Front Page!

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Just imagine this happening at the Smash Direct:

Wouldn't that be awesome? I have a feeling like Dillon has a chance being revealed at the Smash Direct next week.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I would like that a lot, but I'm not sure about next week

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
I'm secretly hoping for the same thing my friend. This Direct is such a mystery and revealing a character like Dillon would be great.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So... with Greninja, a out-of-the-blue character, how fares Dillon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom