• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

.L-

EEOS
This was super fun to write to this song so I'm gonna assume this translates over to reading it, just seems funnier to me)
Xonar said:
how did you even get EE to agree to that
It seems that Xonar has made several categorical assumptions about this situation based on what he knows, or presumes to know, about "EE"

1. Assumption: Overswarm could not have made the account without EE's permission

Basis 1: "Evil Eye is too strong-willed to agree to a hydra theme into which he has put no input"

Basis 2: "Overswarm has assumed this and decided that he will yield to it rather than chance a lack of participation by EE"

2. Assumption: This theme could not be Evil Eye's idea, and he could not have made the account himself

Basis 1: EE hates anime

Basis 2: EE makes fun of Xonar for allegedly desiring all of the anime in his butt

3. Assumption: Overswarm must have cajoled Evil Eye into agreeing to this somehow

Bases: All those listed above.

Note: Herein lies a curiosity. Xonar presents something paradoxical here, as he asserts the unlikelihood of EE agreeing to this based upon what he thinks he knows about EE -- and yet, here is the hydra, standing in the face of that. What this says about how Xonar thinks!

4. Assumption: Overswarm probably made the post

Bases: All of the above

From these points I can conclude that Xonar has an already formed opinion of Evil Eye and his capacity for tolerance to certain kinds of entertainment media -- an opinion that must be incorrectly calibrated, because the hydra was, in fact, EE's idea. Xonar is not unintelligent, and thus likely understands the concept of statistical outliers, and yet formed the opinion just the same.

This is interesting, as Xonar has a very "kawaii-desu-san" identity, and yet claims with sturdy fervor that it is a satirical joke and that he is no logner a weaboo. And yet, he holds out the possibility of such an exception for Evil Eye despite that his identity could just as easily be seen as played for humor and jest. Very interesting.

What else could Xonar be taking for granted? Why does he do so?

Or can I deduce from this that his claim of having shed the weaboo mindset -- and having fallen into it, instead, for humorous purposes -- is a falsehood? Could this actually be a way to indulge his true personality in plain sight, under the guise of humor? Do we know the real Ksonar?

If not, why does he not see the parallel between his false weaboo persona and EE's macho fraternal persona? Why does he associate such a similar paradigm with total truth in which he instills such confidence?

I must conclude that Xonar is a likely secret weaboo. I am ten... no, twelve percent certain.

.L-

EEOS

He thinks I am Overswarm.

I've done it! I have exposed you, weaboo Kira! Justice WILL prevail!!!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So... has there been any 'confessions' since the day might have been our last? :troll:

.L-

EEOS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTGlrcReWrk

Amazing that you tipped your hand so easily. EE gave himself away in his first line. While Near's theme is part of Death Note we are obviously not Near. While neither OS nor EE are huge anime fans, you've seen Overswarm's avatar change to something Death Note related recently, followed by the creation of this hydra.

If you have paid attention to Overswarm, you know that he believes impressions are important and accuracy is paramount.

This information should have been enough for you to question the use of Near's theme.

This questioning could only lead to two paths:

1. Assuming the creator of the post

2. A trigger to look for more information

One should always look for more information where it is available. Even the slightest glance should have shown you that Evil Eye had made a post in this very same thread at 4:35 a.m., EST on his main account followed shortly afterwards by a post at 5:31 a.m., EST in response to you.

With no more immediate information it is then the logical course of action to assume the creator of the post was EE.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
V/LA From December 27th to January 7th

Disney World and 8-12 hour band practices for the other days lol.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
man have I been using "weaboo" this whole time or was that just a 5am thing

weeaboo

yeah I think it was probably a 5am thing

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
(also in my defence I used Near's theme because it's the song I was listening to and I like it, I was actually well aware it's not L-related. ReLated?)

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
love you too, wash

Rake said:
oh god.

That EE/OS hydra
Just so you know, my post in reply to your "can only be scum" post in signups was dead serious despite the L-factor, unlike the extended (and imo hilariously trivial) analysis of Xonar. I know you're gonna say you're joking and you don't really think about things in those terms...... but you do. ME was my first game with you and now I 100% understand what people are getting at when they talk about janky Rake reads, and in this case it's not the "my reasoning is all wrong but I still am right!!" thing you've said in the past.

You dropped the "if you weren't scum you'd be dead" bomb on Jerkus hard in ME. It may not have been much of your total case if you were to lay it out on a pie chart, but you were dead serious nonetheless and it was absolutely influencing your judgment, and possibly polluting the strength of your other many false positives (I've had that before when I was a scrub -- a "it FEELS right!!!" fallacy at the core of your thinking that pollutes and poisons your actual earnest attempts to read someone).

And of course, where did this lead? Jerkus was town, and you were wrong.

You also said (possibly in the same post) that the same would apply to Mastermind, but we hadn't been around enough and/or made ourselves a threat. ...and we were scum. And this would still be bad if we were town, because our intermittent presence could have been the very reason scum would be keeping us alive.

It's not just empty rhetoric when people saying "being right for dumb reasons is as good as being wrong". Sure, causally it can lead you to good places.... when you ARE right. But Mass Effect proved quite nicely that this "right for the wrong reasons" thing isn't being right at all... it's just being wrong and, by lucky coincidence alone, orienting yourself in the right direction. It's only a tiny shave above flipping a coin on someone's alignment and getting the result that points you in the right direction. Actually, that's pretty much exactly what it is.

Again I know the "CAN ONLY BE SCUM" thing is meant to be humorous -- after all, after spouting that a few times prior to ME you guys townreaded MM -- but all that meta-silly analysis clearly influences the way you think, and you need to make a concerted and acknowledged effort to get rid of it. I know diving into the act of discarding persona, reputation, meta jank etc and relying completely (or 99%) on thread content is a scary notion but everybody has to do it and they will invariably improve as a result.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
also OS you shouldn't have L say "we" he should say "I". He's one entity, man, not like, Legion or something

I mean you can use "we" and "OS" and "EE" when people are specifically talkin' about the individual halves of the hydra, but "we" and "us" for L just weirds me out

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
love you too, wash

Just so you know, my post in reply to your "can only be scum" post in signups was dead serious despite the L-factor, unlike the extended (and imo hilariously trivial) analysis of Xonar. I know you're gonna say you're joking and you don't really think about things in those terms...... but you do. ME was my first game with you and now I 100% understand what people are getting at when they talk about janky Rake reads, and in this case it's not the "my reasoning is all wrong but I still am right!!" thing you've said in the past.

You dropped the "if you weren't scum you'd be dead" bomb on Jerkus hard in ME. It may not have been much of your total case if you were to lay it out on a pie chart, but you were dead serious nonetheless and it was absolutely influencing your judgment, and possibly polluting the strength of your other many false positives (I've had that before when I was a scrub -- a "it FEELS right!!!" fallacy at the core of your thinking that pollutes and poisons your actual earnest attempts to read someone).

And of course, where did this lead? Jerkus was town, and you were wrong.

You also said (possibly in the same post) that the same would apply to Mastermind, but we hadn't been around enough and/or made ourselves a threat. ...and we were scum. And this would still be bad if we were town, because our intermittent presence could have been the very reason scum would be keeping us alive.

It's not just empty rhetoric when people saying "being right for dumb reasons is as good as being wrong". Sure, causally it can lead you to good places.... when you ARE right. But Mass Effect proved quite nicely that this "right for the wrong reasons" thing isn't being right at all... it's just being wrong and, by lucky coincidence alone, orienting yourself in the right direction. It's only a tiny shave above flipping a coin on someone's alignment and getting the result that points you in the right direction. Actually, that's pretty much exactly what it is.

Again I know the "CAN ONLY BE SCUM" thing is meant to be humorous -- after all, after spouting that a few times prior to ME you guys townreaded MM -- but all that meta-silly analysis clearly influences the way you think, and you need to make a concerted and acknowledged effort to get rid of it. I know diving into the act of discarding persona, reputation, meta jank etc and relying completely (or 99%) on thread content is a scary notion but everybody has to do it and they will invariably improve as a result.
True, but in all actuality i was scum reading Jerkus because of the case i laid out in detail on him in thread, him being alive never actually played a major factored into that case, it was meant to be a light jab at Jerkus, I now know Jerkus was town , but i still stand by what i laid out there. I also slightly scum read you, not because you were alive, but because you waved your Hando banner, but when push came to shove , whether by design or coincidence , you never made a real "move" on him, I also wasn't crazy about your hydra johns thing that Jerkus laid out in thread pointing out how you and Ryker seemed to be scum reading Hando for 2 completely separate reasons.

I also have no doubt you and OS could or can role town , if you actually think I'd let silly meta like that heavily play into a read, you'd be wrong , I was scum reading Jerkus because i found what he was doing scummy. It's funny because i actually only have ever made legitimate reads based on content and what i am reading of the player's intent any silly meta i throw into the mix is usually more of a "let's poke this out here and see what happens", I am in fact only ever joking, I will admit my Deitz meta bit me in the *** in that game, honestly of all the scum , I was most surprised to see Deitz, i just read him wrong flat out , and when i started being weary of him, it wasn't because "he wasn't scum reading J" it was because i went back and read through him and soup's head to head, and at points I found myself going "I think deitz is antagonizing soup, but why ? " and i wasn' table to make the connection from it.

Now, in response to my " janky reads" as this term i believe is actually totally inaccurate and it needs to stop as well, I'll admit my reads aren't always laid out in a point on point basis or my cases aren't always the killing stroke to the day, my issue lies in the fact that people associate all my reads to "It's just Rake being Rake" and thus don't give them any serious attention, it's even more of a shot to the nads, when I'm putting serious effort into a read, showing the development, all of the details, but then am met by "my own meta" of having all the oddest reads, so they can't possibly be right.

It's ridiculous to me , especially in lue of games like BAM or and in particular Utrik'd that people think i just pull my reads out of thin air, so hey why pay attention to them, right ?

Incorrect on all levels, it's bad reasoning and people who let it effect how they read me, or what i'm pushing need to take their head out of the sand.

Also , i chortled at the analysis and am looking forward to butting heads with you or OS in the upcoming small, regardless of which of us draws what alignment.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
wha

I preempted, like, half of the rebuttals you just used -_-

You dropped the "if you weren't scum you'd be dead" bomb on Jerkus hard in ME. It may not have been much of your total case if you were to lay it out on a pie chart, but you were dead serious nonetheless and it was absolutely influencing your judgment, and possibly polluting the strength of your other many false positives
You then said...... that you were scum reading Jerkus based on the case you laid out. Uh. Yeah? Yeah, I acknowledged that ahead of time. Maybe I should have made that more clear. But no, I said that while it may not have made up a big chunk of your suspicion if you were to lay it out on a pie chart (ie: 99% in-thread play, 1% "why is he alive") but that it was totally influencing your thinking. I don't know how you can try to insist otherwise... this is total hindsight revision. Unless you're just misunderstanding me.

I could dig up the posts right now and it would be neon freaking obvious that you were completely serious. Yes, it was meant to be the "last nail" in the coffin, and not the case. I never said that it was the case. You're responding to an argument I not only am not making, but preempted in the first place. I'm not pushing "Rake makes bad reads that he pulls from thin air", I'm responding to that common notion -- which you yourself have indulged by saying you have "correct reads but off reasoning" in the past. I've never read BAM, UTrick'd, or for that matter any game ever that you've been in other than the one we shared.

I dunno, you seem to be completely missing or shirking my point. For example, you're talking about how you stand by your Jerkus case. Well, okay? But you were wrong. Guess what? The most credible false positive is still a false positive. Which is why I'm bothering to to have this conversation -- you can insist otherwise, but it was really obvious that you were completely serious about that jab, and the prevalence of these jabs and "jokes" and whatever else shows that they are something that is on your mind. It is a reasonable supposition that this is bleeding into how you're reading a slot, given that, y'know, Jerkus was town. False positives get bolstered by unconscious things like this.

I mean I don't know how this isn't clear, but I'm pretty obviously not saying you think OS/EE couldn't roll town. That's just... not possible for someone that even understands what "rolling" in mafia entails, which obviously you do as you're no scrub. I'm saying that the way you talk about things like this in and out of game makes it really obvious that it influences you at some level, even if you refuse to accept that.

I don't know if that clarifies what my point was or what, but I guess you can just reply by saying "no you don't know what you're talking about", and if so, okay then. But that whole post is either replying to an argument I'm not making or bold-facedly denying something that's right there for anyone to see. If people don't value your opinion because of some unfair assumptions then that's a shame, but it's not what I'm getting at.

EDIT: Like, you insist fervently that you "only ever are joking", and then immediately after concede a like 99-100% meta read of town on someone that was scum -- the only one where you can't deny the influence of meta after the fact -- and you expect me to just accept "no, these things don't influence my thinking at all". Really? Come on, duder. ****, even I gambler fallacy'd my way through more than a few Epic Mafia games, including on my short-lived trophy runs. Hopefully it's clearer what I'm saying since I'm trying to divorce what I'm saying more clearly from the folk opinion of Rake or whatever

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
unrelated but if you enjoyed the deductions then definitely watch Death Note, as L does that all the time, albeit on subjects that are not as hilariously trivial

...although he often broaches these important subjects through hilariously trivial details, so hey

EDIT: by "all the time" I mean to say that I really think about 33% of the show's total run-time was L doing crazyass logic rundowns n ****

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've gotta side with EE on this one.

I just won a open setup as the serial killer and did so relatively flawlessly due to KevinM being a bro and town being very weak. The only suspicion cast upon my slot that I didn't actually want was a result of people literally saying "well you've been playing town, but at the same time you're OS".

It's been such a big factor into my game that I had a "die or fake claim by Day 3" rule as scum, because that's about as long as I'd last as town without being a killed. People would say "wait a minute, OS is still alive" and flip the hell out, so I had to start setting myself up for a lynch as scum or get an awesome fake claim while letting my partners do all the work.

I took a brief break and now I'm able to play whole games (yay), but people still refuse to listen to me on the basis that I'm OS.

Which actually is pretty funny, because in that SK game I started off by telling them the best way to find me so they'd refuse it openly, and then they did.

But really, judge people based off of how their talents have interacted with the game. It works better than unfounded skepticism.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
V/LA for the Holidays. I won't be super inactive but just not nearly posting as much. This is to RR mostly so he doesn't worry about me.

Top Bottom