• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Actually, depending on the time of year, it is always the same. Even at different times of year, it basically still stays the same. It just rotates. Certain things are only visible at certain times, but it's not like it rearranges the sky as a result, and it's not like a dozen new things appear at a time, either.

I guess still technically false... but mostly true.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The "boring" part is what I think BSL was calling false :p.

That's what I would be calling false, anyways.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Well, if he finds it boring due to it always being the same, you can't really fault him for that other than to say he's overstimulated, and unable to appreciate the simple beauty of a starry night sky.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
No I was referencing the fact that the stars are actual objects that are burning and moving. You know, the universe expanding thing.

Also the fact that if you get a bigger telescope, you see more things.

:phone:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
The universe is not expanding fast enough for you to see a noticeable difference over your lifetime :p I doubt you could see a difference over the course of human history

unless you had some crazy powerful instruments... which the average stargazer does not have.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
The universe is not expanding fast enough for you to see a noticeable difference over your lifetime :p I doubt you could see a difference over the course of human history

unless you had some crazy powerful instruments... which the average stargazer does not have.
i know. it was merely a technicality.

but i did include the second reason which is also true in an attempt to appease your simple minds.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Xonar can look at the northern lights. Most entertainment he can get from the sky.

But this doesn't invalidate it's beauty. I think it's more of us being here on the ground and the sky being above us, is why it's so beautiful. It's far away, and you and I can be looking at the same sky from miles away from each other. You just look up and go "whoaaaa", (and your head stays up for a second or too) the sky is something so simple that can just make us go whoaaaa, because it's so high up and out there.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
So hey DGames, what is best in life?
Being with someone you truly care for and who truly cares for you

To spend time with that one other person in your life who's never a strain, be they family, friend or lover, and to be reminded that you can just. Be.

Hey DGames, what is second best in life?
Short List: (No particular order)

Hand Shake from your dad(after any hard gained victory)
A hug from your younger siblings
Having a sibling / relative telling you they look up to you
Finding peace with yourself

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I can't believe nobody else thinks as highly of food as I do. Though I heard somethin about tea which may as well be food. To rephrase my answer. The best in life is being with friends or family, somewhere nice and comfortable, enjoying a good meal and good drink.

I'll say the next best is being somewhere not many people have seen before and is largely untouched by humans. I learned this from my time in some of the odder sections of Alaska. Entirely clear bodies of water, wildlife abuzz, that kind of thing. Hard to describe and pictures don't do it justice.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nah, I totally agree with you @food. It's actually a big part of what I consider "living".

:059:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I can't believe nobody else thinks as highly of food as I do. Though I heard somethin about tea which may as well be food. To rephrase my answer. The best in life is being with friends or family, somewhere nice and comfortable, enjoying a good meal and good drink.

I'll say the next best is being somewhere not many people have seen before and is largely untouched by humans. I learned this from my time in some of the odder sections of Alaska. Entirely clear bodies of water, wildlife abuzz, that kind of thing. Hard to describe and pictures don't do it justice.
It's not that I don't appreciate food that much, it's that the feeling of seeing your enemies driven before is just... amazing. Gotta try it bro

BarDulL

Town Vampire

Ooooh man, don't get me started on this. There's nothing like eating a tasty and well-cooked meal. I also love sushi to death alongside pizza with anchovies...and double cheeseburgers...especially an In-N-Out Double Double animal style cheeseburger...ahmahgawd.

Aside from that, I think one of the best feelings is being with someone you're not only really attracted to, but also when that person reciprocates your attraction. :3!

Victory/success, power, and security are also pretty good feelings.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I might have to change my answer of the best thing in life to "Being American, as opposed to being Raz." Capitalism does feel good.

Orboknown

Smash Hero

Jake knows what's up.
Circus said it best.

TBG

Smash Cadet
Darius OP QQ, ***** and moan.

~

In other news agreeing to fill in for a no show at 7 AM sucks a lot.

Soloq opinions are stupid as a rule. My teammates were really really worried when I told them I was building Muramana on Ryze today. It's just lol.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Geographically, yes, I am North American.

My nationality is Canadian, and that's what matters.

Still American, teehee :smirk:

Glad to see you're accepting it now, rather than outright vehemently denying it.

Top Bottom