• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social DGames Social | V/LA |

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
y'won't catch me fightin' it. OS is down to hold the L slot (sLot?) without me until I get back from vaca tho, dunno if he'd prefer to just start later though

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I think I should wait until after Christmas to start my game. Talk to me.
Yeah, I'm good with starting it until after Christmas. I wouldn't want to be inactive for the start of the game, and I know I'm busy.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Watch swiss get recruited into the L hydra, that way all the people I really wanna hydra with that promised to hydra with me are in a single hydra.

[/salt]

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
wha

I preempted, like, half of the rebuttals you just used -_-
True.

You then said...... that you were scum reading Jerkus based on the case you laid out. Uh. Yeah? Yeah, I acknowledged that ahead of time. Maybe I should have made that more clear. But no, I said that while it may not have made up a big chunk of your suspicion if you were to lay it out on a pie chart (ie: 99% in-thread play, 1% "why is he alive") but that it was totally influencing your thinking. I don't know how you can try to insist otherwise... this is total hindsight revision. Unless you're just misunderstanding me.
Highly possible as i wrote that very early (much earlier than i should be responding to things probably). You may not believe me but "Why is he alive" was not even 1% of my reasoning, wrong as it was, it was all die to what i laid out, whether someone is alive or not is irrelevant , look at Ryker in FF8.

I could dig up the posts right now and it would be neon freaking obvious that you were completely serious. Yes, it was meant to be the "last nail" in the coffin, and not the case. I never said that it was the case. You're responding to an argument I not only am not making, but preempted in the first place. I'm not pushing "Rake makes bad reads that he pulls from thin air", I'm responding to that common notion -- which you yourself have indulged by saying you have "correct reads but off reasoning" in the past. I've never read BAM, UTrick'd, or for that matter any game ever that you've been in other than the one we shared.
yes, i indulge it jokingly, I kniow my reads don't make a lot of sense, it's the biggest thing I'm trying to work on in my mafia games, when i'm right, i want to be right for the right reasons, not right by proxy(as is usually the case) , the mention of BAM or Utrik'd was not directed in opposition to your point, but as an example of how i want more of my games to go(I have the right reads, for the right reasons)

I dunno, you seem to be completely missing or shirking my point. For example, you're talking about how you stand by your Jerkus case. Well, okay? But you were wrong. Guess what? The most credible false positive is still a false positive. Which is why I'm bothering to to have this conversation -- you can insist otherwise, but it was really obvious that you were completely serious about that jab, and the prevalence of these jabs and "jokes" and whatever else shows that they are something that is on your mind. It is a reasonable supposition that this is bleeding into how you're reading a slot, given that, y'know, Jerkus was town. False positives get bolstered by unconscious things like this.
True, i was wrong , but i want to hear more of what you did here, which is see someone actually lay out "what is wrong " rather than just "well your wrong and you should feel bad".

And i think i get more solidly your point now, originally i thought you were suggesting that my jerkus read had "only ever stemmed" from pointless wifom, which wasn't the case, there was light hearted jabbing and your probably right in saying that on some level i was allowing my own wifom to increase my tunnel vision on him

I mean I don't know how this isn't clear, but I'm pretty obviously not saying you think OS/EE couldn't roll town. That's just... not possible for someone that even understands what "rolling" in mafia entails, which obviously you do as you're no scrub. I'm saying that the way you talk about things like this in and out of game makes it really obvious that it influences you at some level, even if you refuse to accept that.
Ahh okay, then i did misunderstand, i thought you were making the broader assumption that it was "all of the levels" as it were, At some level i do indulge in considering my own wifom, although were that is i have no idea, as with most things i'm not liable to fins it once i'm looking for it. Although there have been games like BAM where i don't use that sort of jokey meta, which i think was a sidetrack to my point on that being that i wanted to have more games like that, to the effect of " i had the right reads, for the right reasons" , which also occured in U'trikd

I don't know if that clarifies what my point was or what, but I guess you can just reply by saying "no you don't know what you're talking about", and if so, okay then. But that whole post is either replying to an argument I'm not making or bold-facedly denying something that's right there for anyone to see. If people don't value your opinion because of some unfair assumptions then that's a shame, but it's not what I'm getting at.
No I'm pretty sure i'm picking up what your putting down, and i do appreciate it as i am trying to get better at this lol, it bugs me endlessly when i am right on a read , but i can't explain it well or it gets a hand wave for not making any sense(which i won't deny , some of my reads don't )

EDIT: Like, you insist fervently that you "only ever are joking", and then immediately after concede a like 99-100% meta read of town on someone that was scum -- the only one where you can't deny the influence of meta after the fact -- and you expect me to just accept "no, these things don't influence my thinking at all". Really? Come on, duder. ****, even I gambler fallacy'd my way through more than a few Epic Mafia games, including on my short-lived trophy runs. Hopefully it's clearer what I'm saying since I'm trying to divorce what I'm saying more clearly from the folk opinion of Rake or whatever

I keep spelling meat whenever i write meta, anyways:

Yes meta was involved in my JD read, not so much as to my read on Jerkus though, regardless, and the more i read if this the more i realize i need to not respond to things at ungodly hours , initially i thought you were saying that: All you do is meta, so all your base
are belong to me(to some extent) , which isn't true, meta isn't all i do, it is there though, i will concede that point easily , i regret being wrong about Jerkus and about JD , but i can't do anything about those reads, all i can do is take what you've said(and likely copy pasta it to a notepad to read many times XD)

It was clearer and i appreciate you taking the time EE :D.

I'd offer you a brofist but i'm canadian so...handshake ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

unrelated but if you enjoyed the deductions then definitely watch Death Note, as L does that all the time, albeit on subjects that are not as hilariously trivial

...although he often broaches these important subjects through hilariously trivial details, so hey

EDIT: by "all the time" I mean to say that I really think about 33% of the show's total run-time was L doing crazyass logic rundowns n ****
I used to watch Death Note actually , i lost touch with the show due to stress and other RL johns. Has the show "ended" or is it still going , I actually wouldn't mind watching it again.

I'd probably have to start over though, as most of what i remember seems to be broken peices of multiple episodes XD.

How would you rate the show now EE/OS ?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
How's your DN game coming along?

:059:
Coming along well. I'm tweaking it at the moment to make it entertaining. As much as I would enjoy a longer game that required more thought, most people would get bored with such a thing.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Well that's probably all i need to know.

I vaguely remember liking the premise behind the show, maybe i'll have too find some DVD's or online and check it out

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Rake said:
True, i was wrong , but i want to hear more of what you did here, which is see someone actually lay out "what is wrong " rather than just "well your wrong and you should feel bad".
aight homie now we understand each other. Yeah I didn't mean for a "you're wrong and you should feel bad". I have that reaction to two types of things -- cheating (coughFLCcough) and daykilling EE for no reason at the start of D1 :hulk:

Don't know if it helps but the best way by far to figure out what is wrong is to just run through a mental checklist of all misfires in either your actions, scumhunting, or reads (or actions, fauxhunting, and tells, for scum) and just reread a game with that in mind. No performance is truly perfect because no one is 1:1 on being right every time, at all times as town, and any other alignment requires an inherent dishonesty even if you observe and play to your town game well. That means the best critic is yourself. I do this after every game I play and I always learn something. In my earliest games, it was a lot of things. If you started to scumread someone that was town, try to isolate the things that led you astray and why, then reverse-engineer how and why they ended up doing what they did as town. Apply that, not "meat", and you're getting somewhere. As scum look at what started to tip people off at some point(s) (it's inevitable, 99% of the time), and also what would have if someone had a perfect understanding of how you think.

Simple things can be ironed out really quickly too. I puzzled out Bioware Gheb in endgame as a recruited former-townie, but was outright wrong about when, owing to that I assumed the role in play was a standard recruiter but had flipped with a more exotic and flavor-y name (Indoctrinator). Mentos (host) said that title was meant to tip off that it would be an unusual recruiter (recruits in confirmation stage, not N1). Had I noticed that every other flip was a standardized name or spoke for itself (post-restricted townie), it should have been easy to deduce that and have another clue. I lucked out in getting enough of the rest of the picture deduced to make the right call, but that one misread (in an otherwise dead-on analysis/read) could have ****ed up the call in worse circumstances.

Hope that is all of some use. TLDR: Be humble, determine your ****-ups, then go back through the game to figure out why you made them and how to not make them. You'll improve a little every time.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'd offer you a brofist but i'm canadian so...handshake ?
Tag-team match with two bears

god what kind of Canadian ARE you to not know this :mad:

(yes, you can bring your shiv... can't fight a bear without a nice sharp Manitoba Machete)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
How would you rate the show now EE/OS ?
Death Note has ended, it's pretty short.

My rating is pretty much the same as OS's. DN confounds me because the majority of it is dark (not in a stupid, shallow way), intelligent and mature drama. And yet, it indulges itself in some of the weeaboo nonsense stuff that is in a lot of animes and goes completely against the tone of the rest of it, which is surprisingly subtle sometimes.

Chief Yagami, Light, L, Matsuda, Aizawa, Teru, that reporter chick in the later seasons, ryuk, rem -- ****in awesome characters, tons of depth

Mogi, Watari, Ukita, Ide, the Yamagato jerks -- Solid characters that serve smaller purposes very well

Mello -- Terrible one dimensional vamp that walked out of a Final Fantasy game and whose only characterization is eating chocolate at the worst possible times

Naomi, Near -- Missed opportunities. Naomi wasn't used enough and had a kind of (seemingly accidental) misogynist overtone to her character arc. Near was just kind of sucky and over the top but had potential to be a great character if the same concept was handled a bit differently

Amane Misa -- A total ****ing abomination to both the show itself and what could have been one of the most interesting characters if the writer could keep his hand out of his pants while writing the damn thing. One of the most grating characters I've ever seen in something that is otherwise good

I don't really rate TV shows, but I'd say 7.5-8/10 It had potential to be a lot higher than that but was still a very pleasant surprise as the second anime I've ever watched (first was, what a surprise, Batman Gotham Knight)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
holy ****, after literally like almost 30 years of ****ting on my favorite villain with bad characterization and writing, Marvel is finally doing him justice

There aren't words, I didn't think comics could ever make me geek out the way I could as a kid ever again, but it just ****in happened

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Well, nowadays it'd be Two-Face.

But if you're going to tether in childhood and nostalgia and junk, it's the Spot, which is who I was talkin bout there

EDIT: Plus he made spiderman punch HIMSELF in the face and break his own nose

god that was awesome

Swiss

Smash Lord
Watch swiss get recruited into the L hydra, that way all the people I really wanna hydra with that promised to hydra with me are in a single hydra.

[/salt]
I did agree, didn't I?

/in a game for us. Don't make it a game I will dislike.

If you don't have hydra privileges let me know and I'll make us a slot. Don't pull a Ryker on me and go AFK for the entire game.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I did agree, didn't I?

/in a game for us. Don't make it a game I will dislike.

If you don't have hydra privileges let me know and I'll make us a slot. Don't pull a Ryker on me and go AFK for the entire game.
Well for right now, there's no games I actually wanna /in. So /salt. Gonna be more discriminatory this time cause when I finally got to play with OS... well not the type of game I enjoy. I'll leave it at that.

Could you make one? I'd appreciate it.

Swiss... that was exactly what I was referencing and I've been trying to find that pic again for a while. You're da man, *brofists*

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Tag-team match with two bears

god what kind of Canadian ARE you to not know this :mad:

(yes, you can bring your shiv... can't fight a bear without a nice sharp Manitoba Machete)
Whoa whoa whoa... Did EE just suggest fighting something with NOT fists? My life is a lie.

:phone:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
''Whoa whoa whoa... Did EE just suggest fighting something with NOT fists? My life is a lie.''

Who said I won't be? Just acquiescing to Rake's needs in the octagon dawg

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Oh ok, I was worried. When I read it, that understood "you" got applied to the collective "you" that is humanity, rather than the direct application of Rake. My mistake.

I'm so glad you cleared that up.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Whoa whoa whoa... Did EE just suggest fighting something with NOT fists? My life is a lie.

Winnipegger's cheat.

I'd probably lace the bears food with drugs or something too.

I'm only slightly offended that EE thinks my fists wouldn't be furious enough on their own, after all, I did grow up in Stabitoba

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Actually, I'd just not seen it yet. And also I don't really think it's infraction-worthy so long as it doesn't repeat itself within a timespan of "since the last time I can remember issuing this warning." Remember, you can hyperlink to images like that so long as they're appropriate. As far as I'm concerned, at least.

Top Bottom