• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DFW Melee Thread! 10/20 Little Rock, 10/27 San Antonio

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Posting this here before I put up the tourney thread for anyone who isn't part of the facebook group. I'm holding a melee tourney on what looks like the 25th, so clear your calender and come out for it. Same venue as BR. I'll put up a tourney thread soonish.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
It's pretty simple; all you need is a 2gb SD card. Get that, and I could run you through the process online or something.

Oh, and a copy or Brawl is necessary.

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
man sethlon been awhile... i think i have a 128mb sd in one of my old phones, will that work? the other ones I have are way bigger than 2gb... and I could just come over. you still at the same place? we could smash. and yea I just got Brawl again recently for PM. didn't think I would ever need that again LOL. ill text/call if your # still same. just pm me your info if changed

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, I don't even remember when it was we last ran into each other lol.
Stuff you need is at least 221mb, so unfortunately you'll need a bigger one. My number is still 832-482-5588.

Have you joined our DFW Facebook group? A lot of our activity is there nowadays

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
Just something of a heads up for Melee players, GCX is going to hold a Melee tournament sometime on Memorial Day weekend. This is first hand information from the manager of the Collin Creek Mall location. As things go currently with equipment, they think that the TV situation is under control, but they have no Gamecubes/Wiis.

I will be heavily involved in its promotion on Smashboards, so I will have a thread out when I have final information in hand.

Now I will head over there tomorrow most likely and find out what the situation really is and to exchange some information about miscellaneous information about the tournament. Do not expect to see me post new information about the tournament until after 5:30pm give or take.

EDIT: Forgot that there was a tournament scheduled on the 25th, so I will convince him to pick a different weekend.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
No definitely in forth worth.....

Every time I'm here I'm in Plano goddamnit. Yes. Tell me when you want to get *****. Already ***** mew. #kidding.

Jesi

Smash Ace
After watching smash at EVO I got a little nostalgic... any melee gatherings going on any time or do I have to throw something together? ...and would anyone show up? lol anyone alive out there?

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
see my post in the facebook group about our event out here next month (Can't remake the thread because smashboard's topic creation system is bupkis). Hope you guys can make it out, as I wanna try topping 30 entrants for P:M and Brawl singles (I know some of you play it secretly :D).

Tesh

Smash Hero
MEGABUS TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE FOR WHOBO WEEKEND.

You know you wanna go, so go to http://us.megabus.com/ and buy your tickets for 1 dollar each RIGHT NOW.

If you act now, the change in your pocket could get you across the country to WHOBO V!

Tesh

Smash Hero
up until a day or two ago, you could only buy tickets up uptil the beginning of september, i just meants they are now on sale/up for sale

actionherokthx

Smash Rookie
I am SOL right now because my little brother lost my memory card and broke my controller, so I am currently on the hunt for both plus a save. I'll probably end up buying the parts, but is anyone here willing to play a bit and also share their file with me?

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
hey, wanted to drop word in that we are having a Melee tournament at the next Fight Club out in Lindale on the 7th of September. Bring a complete setup, you get in free!

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Welp, I'mma pretty new player, went to DIME 3 to see what it was like, but didn't actually compete. Pretty legit stuff.

Anywho, I joined the Facebook page, and I really need some tech skill refinement. So I'm down for anyone in the Plano area wanting to Smash!

Just gonna leave that here with my gay little avatar.

felix45

Smash Lord
man I miss this game. Saw rankings for melee, poot in 3rd whaaaa

Haven't played pretty much at all since college and once at quakecon 2012. Would love to get beat mercilessly again to be put back into shape.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
I'm stuck using a wii for melee and have homebrew/bootmii. After powering up I only have the option to go straight to homebrew or to the dumb Wii menu and have to use the wiimote to click on disc channel. Any way I can start Melee without the need of a wiimote or maybe even without homebrew application?

Not that I know of. You kind of need a Wiimote to start ANYthing from a Wii. :/ I feel like it's something the designers should have thought through a little better.
I can get straight to homebrew without using wiimote but I can't access the vanilla disc channel. I'd rather not have to navigate through homebrew to play melee but if that is the only method I'd be glad to do that instead of having to use the sensor bar/wiimote

Paranite

Smash Rookie
Not that I know of. You kind of need a Wiimote to start ANYthing from a Wii. :/ I feel like it's something the designers should have thought through a little better.

Top Bottom