• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Deleted

infomon

Smash Scientist
havokk, gg about the Zamus stuff.. I look forward to whatever further experimentation you're able to perform. Take your time, of course.

Question concerning Fox:

Because his down-B stops his momentum completely, so much so as to induce a small rise from it, would it be 'smarter' to DI slightly more down then usual, use your quickest aerial (is that uair/bair or nair? I think uair...I need to see some frame data) then use down-B, then continue to recover from there (eg; jump from the shine then side-b or up-b)
I'm preeeeetty sure that there's no situation in which his down-B gains you anything. Fox' saving grace is that his fastfall is fast, and I think his jump is useful for horizontal survival... but Shine should never help. All it does is boost you away (really: it just negates the amount that his fall speed helps fight knockback), and that includes the amount his horizontal "air speed" helps fight horizontal knockback lol. So I think Fox has to fastfall fastest-aerial (whatever it is), then maybe jump towards the stage. If his jump is good enough, he might actually want to DI lower than normal to let the jump help him; which is sort of what you wanted to do with the down-B.

Of course, I might be completely confused.

:054:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
havokk, gg about the Zamus stuff.. I look forward to whatever further experimentation you're able to perform. Take your time, of course.

I'm preeeeetty sure that there's no situation in which his down-B gains you anything. Fox' saving grace is that his fastfall is fast, and I think his jump is useful for horizontal survival... but Shine should never help. All it does is boost you away (really: it just negates the amount that his fall speed helps fight knockback), and that includes the amount his horizontal "air speed" helps fight horizontal knockback lol. So I think Fox has to fastfall fastest-aerial (whatever it is), then maybe jump towards the stage. If his jump is good enough, he might actually want to DI lower than normal to let the jump help him; which is sort of what you wanted to do with the down-B.

Of course, I might be completely confused.

:054:
I'll be testing it all later today, don't worry. :psycho:

Top Bottom