• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Defend the Title - Little Mac Main Social Thread

NNID
MasterHavik
Yo gang.:) Any here have showtime or HBO? I watch some of the boxing matches from time to time. Anyway I have been working on perfect pivoting with Mac since I feel if you don't do it with him you're pretty much ****ed. So just wanted to show how have yo guys worked perfect pivoting into your game with mac. I like to perfect pivot dsmash or ftilit myself.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
I don't think anyone answered my last question, but is there a Little Mac Skype group? I can't find a thread for it.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
I don't think anyone answered my last question, but is there a Little Mac Skype group? I can't find a thread for it.
There was an attempted skype group and a thread for it, but it died out very fast. I tried to see how much interest there was for one here in the social, but only one person ever showed any interest. I'd be glad to start one up if I know there will be enough people who want to join it :/

Ace Skullington

Smash Rookie
I'm Still learning a couple of things but i just want to know what i could do to get better, or some tutoring might be nice.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
@ Ace Skullington Ace Skullington I merged your thread into the Social because you are more likely to get to know the other Mac players in here, rather than in a new thread. Often small threads can get buried and overlooked.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
idk if i posted this before in this thread but jolt haymaker is legit for setting up tech chases.

dtilt > jolt haymaker is a boss combo. you can chain the dtilt then hit them with the jolt haymaker when they are around 30%. you need to hit them when theyre near the ground however. if you JH them while they are too high, they can jump out of hitstun. this is perfect because JHs trajectory sends you and your opponent flying off together. theyll land right in front of you. if they tech, then chase them (duh) if they miss tech you can once again chase and punish. i like using straight lunge to punish standup, getup attack (SL eats it), and roll away. depending on the character you can actually dtilt > JH again as they bounce from the missed tech, but dont do it too close to the ledge of course or dsmash. if you don't care about quick raw damage, you can attempt a forced getup with dair and go to town from there.

heres a combo i found
so this one is dependent on character weight (# of u/d - tilts can vary) and whether or not they tech.

so on a char like capt falcon for example who missed techs this is the longest string i could come up with: underlined italics = true /inescapable combo > = missed tech

utilt > utilt > dtilt > dtilt > side b > dtilt > dtilt > nair > footstool > dair > dtilt > nair > footstool > dair > dtilt > nair > footstool > dair > dtilt > nair > footstool > dair > dFsmash > side b = (without staled moves/ in training mode) 148%

for stringing dtilt, you need to time them right otherwise they could airdodge/jump

Beets

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! Little Mac is great, love his hair. Here's a story!

I was fighting a Sheik For Glory and the stocks were one-to-one. Sheik knocks me far off and to the left side of the screen. I cannot see my character, I am beyond the corner of the screen. The Sheik jumps up and tries to fair me (I assume that he assumed I was going to expend my double jump to dodge above him and attempt to recover). Instead I pull a Slip Counter. Since we were so close to the top of the screen Sheik actually died and I won the match :laugh:.

I probably wouldn't have won if Sheik had just sat there and waited for me to not make it back to the stage but oh well! you take what you can get.

Vincent21

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2595-3155-0496
Hit Em', Baby!

Yeah I'm new here, hi. I play LM with Blonde hair, and affectionately call that version Dolph Lundgren because he resembles the one and same as he appears in Rocky IV. Fun Fact of the day, I guess.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Hit Em', Baby!

Yeah I'm new here, hi. I play LM with Blonde hair, and affectionately call that version Dolph Lundgren because he resembles the one and same as he appears in Rocky IV. Fun Fact of the day, I guess.
All the dogs in the world...
Welcome man! Always nice to have another LM main join us :) I tried to play blonde mac once...and everything seemed off for me ><

Last edited:

Vincent21

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2595-3155-0496
I have more dogs! Don't make me use them! >:0

I've made a sick game out of practicing super armor in more and more dangerous situations now :v

I've been purposefully UpSmashing Lucy/Marth counters to armor them, purposefully risking Fayore's Elevator and Naryu, and all sorts of things. This is becoming an unhealthy game but I'm not losing so I feel like punishment isn't swift enough

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
So, I wanted to make a point of posting this here. I've been trying to think of a few ways to help the LM board grow a bit more. My first work towards this is having a regular Matchup Discussion. I was actually planning to put that in place tomorrow, so I figure announcing that now is a good idea.

Earlier today, a user suggested a section in the moveset thread depicting what moves combo/string well into one another. I think this is a really good idea, and I'll start making a plan to work on this soon. This also lead me to realize that I'd love more ideas and suggestions from my fellow LM players to help this board grow. As for how to start working on the move-string section, I'd like to have people in the LM community (myself included) test these combo's and string's thoroughly and to post your findings. That leads me to my next project.

I'd like to also start up a research thread in the near future. I think this will help with creating the combo/string section of the moveset thread, as well as other parts of the moveset thread, matchup knowledge, and possibly the growth of LM in general. I was unsure if I should make this before now because of how different everyone's views were regarding LM in the board, but we seem to be at a point where it will really benefit us. Thinkaman accurately got all of the frame data from the game, so we don't need to worry about that thankfully. I'll sort through that/edit that into the moveset thread asap.

I just wanted to let this be known to my fellow LM mains in the board, and it also doubles as a project to do list. It would be great if we can all work together for this, and I'll put as much effort as I can into making things work. We may not all agree on everything regarding how we play mac, but I'd still like us to work together with our opinions and findings.

I have more dogs! Don't make me use them! >:0

I've made a sick game out of practicing super armor in more and more dangerous situations now :v

I've been purposefully UpSmashing Lucy/Marth counters to armor them, purposefully risking Fayore's Elevator and Naryu, and all sorts of things. This is becoming an unhealthy game but I'm not losing so I feel like punishment isn't swift enough
I really understand you in that. I have a habit of making a read on an attack, but instead of shielding or dodging, I just super armor through it. My brother points that out all the time... It works rather well for me though! It may not be the safest or smartest thing to do, but it works well for my playstyle at least. I fear the day people catch on to it though >.>

Last edited:

Vincent21

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2595-3155-0496
Reseeeeearch? I like where this is going.

Also it's not an incorporated part of my playstyle in the most legitimate sense. It's a styling/joking gesture. If someone punishes me for it I stop after the first punish. It's a practice to improve your options on reaction and it's a way to build meter toward KO during projectile storms without giving the opponent a hitstun opening. It probably has it's uses but I mostly do it to be funny. x5 or more punching Flare Blitz and stuff like that are just satisfying.

Browny

Smash Hater
Went Little Mac in my first proper tournament for smash 4
I have KO punch ready, final stock and Mario tries to read my roll behind him with a usmash but I didn't fall for it
Wait for usmash to come out, get impatient, KO punch
Game does the whole KO punch animation, back of marios head is invincible, attack does nothing
I die instead

THIS BLOODY GAME

Last edited:

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Waddup Macboards! Something quite interesting/epic happened to me today (actually just now) in For Glory. I was having a Little Mac ditto :4littlemac: vs :4wiremac:(Not even kidding) and we were both at a high damage percentage, I (LUCKILY) got the K.O. punch and my opponent decided to use F-smash. So, the two connect.. But what happens? At first it looked like I lost the match (considering the super armor and such) but then something strange happened. The K.O. punch went right through the F-smash and launched my opponent which meant.. I won! But what the heck happened? Sadly I couldn't save the replay but I think my opponent did. Although I have no idea to to contact him, obviously.

As far as I know K.O. punch doesn't or only has a few frames that grant him super armor, I suppose my opponent just let go off his F-smash later than I used the K.O. punch? It's all kind of vague to me. But the first thing I thought when the match was over was; "I GOTTA POST THIS ON THE LITTLE MAC BOARDS!"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As Son-In-Law stated, we're trying to increase Little Mactivity here. :D

He's mainly doing research stuff, and I'm here for bad puns/morale.

In all seriousness, we have things in store for you guys. :D

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Did a few rounds as Little Mac the other day and all I can say is it definitely feels good executing the K.O. Uppercut on Peach and Palutena for the instant kill. Really, nothing beats those as the most satisfying moment ever as him. lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hi guys. I'll be sitting around over here.
Picking up Mac as a dedicated secondary. He's too fun. :applejack:

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
As Son-In-Law stated, *HE IS* trying to increase Little Mactivity here. :D

He's *DOING ALL THE WORK* stuff, and I'm here for bad puns/morale.

In all seriousness, *HE HAS* things in store for you guys. :D
Yup

Last edited:

Vincent21

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2595-3155-0496
Anyone for 3DS rounds? Full disclosure, I have a pretty expansive wheelhouse, so you may not see as much Mac as befits a person in this thread. I guess this forum was dead when I put this here, but I struck out, clearly *shrug* next time perhaps.

Did a few rounds as Little Mac the other day and all I can say is it definitely feels good executing the K.O. Uppercut on Peach and Palutena for the instant kill. Really, nothing beats those as the most satisfying moment ever as him. lol
You know what feels really good? KO Punching a counter.

"I've got your hard read riiiiight here!"

Last edited:

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Anyone for 3DS rounds? Full disclosure, I have a pretty expansive wheelhouse, so you may not see as much Mac as befits a person in this thread. I guess this forum was dead when I put this here, but I struck out, clearly *shrug* next time perhaps.

You know what feels really good? KO Punching a counter.

"I've got your hard read riiiiight here!"
It's also fun when playing against someone mid tournament, you get a K.O. punch, and they try to stall it out by platform camping because they think it ends eventually. I just sit there like "Ik something you don't!".

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People who think it just dissolves after time are the best. :p

I hope people keep thinking that. :laugh:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey guys! I just realized...

Today marks the one year anniversary of Little Mac's official reveal! Time sure does fly, huh?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Friday the 13th...this can't be good...
Meanwhile New 3DS and Majora's Mask....
Oh wow...I just realized that MM came out today of all days. Kinda fitting, really.

SaikyoBro

The One Who Knocks
NNID
SaikyoBro
Hey, any word on a Little Mac Skype social group? Would really love that to help stay on top of stuff. If no one's made one I'd gladly start one up.

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Hey, any word on a Little Mac Skype social group? Would really love that to help stay on top of stuff. If no one's made one I'd gladly start one up.
I've tried multiple times to see who would be interested in making a skype group chat, but never got any feedback on the idea. If you make one, I'll gladly join, but there doesn't seem to be much interest from what I can tell...

SaikyoBro

The One Who Knocks
NNID
SaikyoBro
I've tried multiple times to see who would be interested in making a skype group chat, but never got any feedback on the idea. If you make one, I'll gladly join, but there doesn't seem to be much interest from what I can tell...
Ah, lame. If anyone wants to add me and see if we can throw something together my Skype name is Loggo89 (the only two places I still use that name are Skype and Smashboards lol)

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
did you know that a nonfully charged midair straight lunge will inch you forward about the same distance as the 123 jab combo.

this is good to keep in mind, if you get knocked back real high up. that little inch forward could make it or break it

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
did you know that a nonfully charged midair straight lunge will inch you forward about the same distance as the 123 jab combo.

this is good to keep in mind, if you get knocked back real high up. that little inch forward could make it or break it
Neat. that could also help with wall jump recoveries, inching you to the wall.

I'd be game for a skype group. I'd love one for each of the 3 character I use. We could discuss Smash 4! No one in my smash group discusses smash 4.

Top Bottom