• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Defend the Title - Little Mac Main Social Thread

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
I just want to put out a montage of me beating up Marths everywhere

That needs to happen, haha!

So about a week ago, a user made a thread about a Little Mac skype group. I joined the group, but not many others showed up and I think it's dead now. What are yalls thoughts about trying to set up another Skype group chat? Is anyone for it? Or perhaps there's not much of a point for one?

Last edited:

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
That needs to happen, haha!

So about a week ago, a user made a thread about a Little Mac skype group. I joined the group, but not many others showed up and I think it's dead now. What are yalls thoughts about trying to set up another Skype group chat? Is anyone for it? Or perhaps there's not much of a point for one?

I'll join, Back in the Brawl days I was active in the Pikachu Skype group, we posted vids and smash theory and joked, twas fun.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I changed my X to Shield so I can slide my thumb from X to A quickly for a Roll Cancel Grab. It's a lot easier that way, IMO.

Last edited:

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
does anyone even use Blonde mac?

of all the macs i see online or in videos, i've never seen anyone pick blonde mac as their costume choice

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
I play White Shirt Mac. I completely forgot about blonde Mac, lol.

Also, just to throw this back out there, if enough people are interested and want a Little Mac Skype group, I may make one tonight or tomorrow. I want to be sure enough people would join though.

Last edited:

Noventia

Smash Cadet
I've recently decided to main mac. I have a lot to learn, and I have to get used to having the worst recovery in the game. His power on the ground is unbelievable though. He hits as hard as falcon and is faster than fox. His major weakness is his airgame. I imagine people like ness with insane air combos will be a nightmare.
I'm also looking for a secondary to back him up. I'm thinking ness or samus.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
does anyone even use Blonde mac?

of all the macs i see online or in videos, i've never seen anyone pick blonde mac as their costume choice
I exclusively play Blonde Little Mac. In all my time playing the game since its Japanese release on 3DS I've only met one other player who plays Super Punch Out themed Little Mac.

This has worked out in my favor. I was at a local scene playing some matches and caught the attention of a online TO who was visiting the area. He recognized my blond Little Mac from the tournaments he had hosted. Was a fortuitous happenstance. xD

Last edited:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I changed my X to Shield so I can slide my thumb from X to A quickly for a Roll Cancel Grab. It's a lot easier that way, IMO.
I don't see the value in this. You can do R/L -> A just as easily. I guess it's your preference, but assigning X to special is more useful for KO punch OoS and KO punch out of dash.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I have historically had trouble dealing with pressure-sensitive triggers because I don't reliably "know" when the button actually activates on the trigger. I struggle to do Vega's Kara Throw with a Roundhouse in Ultra SFIV on a PS3/360 pad, but it's much easier for me when mapped to an actual button. It's the same principle here, since light presses on L/R activate the shield.

Last edited:

Noventia

Smash Cadet
I exclusively play Blonde Little Mac. In all my time playing the game since its Japanese release on 3DS I've only met one other player who plays Super Punch Out themed Little Mac.

This has worked out in my favor. I was at a local scene playing some matches and caught the attention of a online TO who was visiting the area. He recognized my blond Little Mac from the tournaments he had hosted. Was a fortuitous happenstance. xD
Speaking of which, does anyone use the wireframes? I don't really have a fave costume yet.

Noventia

Smash Cadet
I like his orange shirt costume now.

I also got a losing streak against a shulk in fg. I feel like I'm getting the feel for mac though

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I use normal Mac because why not. :p

Is the White one supposed to be Honda/o? I thought it was supposed to be like the glitch in NES Punch-Out where Mac's green shorts and gloves would randomly turn white at times. :laugh:

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
I either use Green Sweatshirt Wireframe Mac, or the one from the Multiplayer costume. (Orange boxing gloves)
Last named is the one that reminds me of Ippo, from the anime Hajime no Ippo. Love using that one! :]

Noventia

Smash Cadet
Would talking about your best little mac moments warrant its own thread? Or should we do it in here?

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Would talking about your best little mac moments warrant its own thread? Or should we do it in here?
My best little Mac moment was when I three stocked a local captain falcon player in tournament. I had never won a match against him before that day. I had lost every friendly we played. I was so proud of myself xD

Noventia

Smash Cadet
My best little mac moment: A greninja on fg was about to two stock me, but he messed up his dair and died. I was already at 50%, so I played it safe. I didn't think I was gonna win, but eventually I got the ko punch and I knocked him off with an fsmash. He tried to revover low but I time the ko punched just right and KO'd him off the top of the screen.

I've picked up diddy and marth as mains as well, if anyone would like to talk abot those on their boards. Marth i'm working on, I just like him.

Last edited:

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
My best Mac moment:
I'm playing this Ganondorf on FG and after I send him off the stage I decide to go ahead and try to dair spike him. Somehow he air dodges and I miss, but we're both already too low to recover, so we start falling together to the point where I couldn't see him anymore. In a moment of desperation I start mashing jump and somehow footstool him and then uppercut to the stage! I couldn't believe it, it was really low on the stage! I saved the replay, too :)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I recently started using Little Mac, who's one of my secondary mains, for some For Glory action and I managed to get a decent amount of wins with him. I still need some work on improving my skills.

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
My best moment was actually quite random!
I was playing online For Glory (4 player) and I got sent up in the air, while trying to use the K.O. Punch. Ended up hitting another player way up in the air where you can't even see each other anymore (you know; the very top of the screen), I couldn't believe I actually even hit my opponent. That Kirby got sent to infinity, lol.

FlipFlopMist

Smash Cadet
So this Ganondork is disrespecting me and just sitting at the edge, blocking and dodging my blows and just going for a grab instead of fighting me-so I grab him and just start pummeling him.

Eventually I release him and he plummets like a rock, he tries to B-UP back to the stage but no dice.

People who just try to treat you like a scrub are the best to destroy.

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
So guys, I was thinking.. Wouldn't it be awesome if a Little Mac main won a big smash tournament and said person gets to wear the championship belt? Lol. Maybe I think too much..

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
What if I told you that I killed a Jiggly with KO punch wind while simultaneously getting
hit by rest and dying?
damn i would have thought mac had armor even on a whiffed KO punch.

anyways that reminds me of a time where i broke a dudes shield near the ledge, tried to KO punch him while he was still tumbling from the shield break (hitting them is actually impossible btw) and the whiff wind blew him an inch away and he tumbled to his death!

FlipFlopMist

Smash Cadet
We should record all the weird stuff that happens with wiffed KO punches and someone should combine all the clips together into a silly montage.

I've done a KO punch and caused someone to go sliding all the way across the stage, and I've done a punch where I killed all of an Olimar's pikmen, it's hilarous how it still zooms in on them... It's a real nail biter for both sides when it zooms in and you don't know if it hit Olimar or not. XD

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
Is there a Little Mac Skype group I can join? I can't find any threads about it.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
damn i would have thought mac had armor even on a whiffed KO punch.

anyways that reminds me of a time where i broke a dudes shield near the ledge, tried to KO punch him while he was still tumbling from the shield break (hitting them is actually impossible btw) and the whiff wind blew him an inch away and he tumbled to his death!
Er, actually the rest Star Koed me.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
Er, actually the rest Star Koed me.

er, yeah. maybe you misinterpreted my comment.

I know you got KOed by the rest, which I was curious about seeing as Mac has superarmor on most of his moves. I would have assumed even a missed KO punch had super armor.

Ok look at it like this

"KO Punch has superarmor on hit"
- Me : Ok sure yeah

"KO Punch has no superarmor on whiff"
- Me : Oh wow srsly wat

i can make a visual diagram if it helps

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
Hey Guys, I have some videos of my matches that were streamed at a tournament Saturday, and I would love some advice/critisizm on my Mac. This is my first time having my matches recorded, or else I would have done this much earlier. I posted the videos in the video thread if anyone is interested. I ended up placing 17th out of 87 people, which is a small improvement from my last tournament.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
er, yeah. maybe you misinterpreted my comment.

I know you got KOed by the rest, which I was curious about seeing as Mac has superarmor on most of his moves. I would have assumed even a missed KO punch had super armor.

Ok look at it like this

"KO Punch has superarmor on hit"
- Me : Ok sure yeah

"KO Punch has no superarmor on whiff"
- Me : Oh wow srsly wat

i can make a visual diagram if it helps
I don't think Mac has armor on KO punch hit either, but I have seen a weird
effect where hitting him in the middle of the freeze frame has him look to tank the hit,
enter a frozen launch animation and then finally get launched when the freeze frame ends.
I got this when he punched a white pikmin as Olimar Dsmashed him.

Top Bottom