• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
It's more of me wanting them not back in stage. Sure I can chain grab characters but playing against good people they know better to not get grabbed. Thought you would know better :/

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Dude, youre playing ddd. This means that

1. Getting the grab is probably the reason they are offstage to begin with.

2. You might have to rethink playing the character if youre playing if youre against people that arent getting grabbed.

Its free damage and a lot of the time they are at a high enough % that you knock them offstage on the other side anyway

:phone:

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Uhh, actually that is not a good paradigm for DDD. But Bair is really good at this. It depends on the character but just try to hop where they could go, and out of their burst range of stage. Which is usually like adjacent to someone and just hop and wait for them to do something then bair, grab the ledge to regain jumps and go from there. A lot of DDDs seem to forget about U air and Dair. And they are awesome. so if someone jumps over you, U air is an option.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Using Bair/weak Bair as a zoning/timing mix-up is effective. That is, putting a Bair hit box so that they can easily react to it coming, and trying to air dodge through it as though it were a strong Bair. Late air dodge vs. weak Bair gives a significant frame advantage to :dedede:, and the amount of space that they have to cover ensures that :dedede: edge guard is essentially reset vs. characters who aren't, say, :yoshi:.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
Also, F tilt, Grab, Full hop Fair, and just empty jump to react to their get up Bair is **** for when someone is holding on the the ledge. They are all tools that shut down characters like Marth and peach. (Just make sure to stay out of their get up attack range) and if they get up and shield, push them back on the ledge.

Edit: Like Exdeath said.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I don't have a problem with characters on the ledge. Its just them trying to get to the ledge from the air. Maybe its because peach has a awful airdodge is why I don't understand lol

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i lyke to grab ppl back throw does 30 life points lol so easy 2 win just grab them like 8 times in a row!!!! why don't ppl do that?!! lol :D

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
So my usual training buddies came over and we played Minus and **** for the most part, but another wanted to play Vanilla, and of course, Vanilla is so much more frustrating to play. The characters I like in - are actually GOOD and it's actually fun playing against other characters

It's irritating playing as Dedede, even when I win I still feel kinda pissed off, but Dedede is the only character I feel is right for me. When your friends play Falco, Snake, and MK, ****'s just...Too much sometimes

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
the other day I was playing the adventure mode in Brawl, my brother in law didn't have all the characters so I had too. I was in the part where you get Luigi, Ness and DDD, I got into a 1 on 1 match of DDD vs a dark counterpart and I finally saw why DDD is such a good character, I'm picking him up as a secondary........WHO AGREES THAT THIS IS A GOOD THING?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It is too stressing to learn, maybe?

Anyway, We had a tournament yesterday.
10 people, all nice and stuff.

I had to face local PR #1, a Wario main.
For game 1, he picked GnW to try to counter my DDD, but I won.
Then he returned to Wario, we played in Japes and I missed the timer and a Klaptrap killed me at like 30%.
Game 3, Smashville, I fished the grab too hard/recieved a lot of little damages and lost on last hit.

Then I had to face an Olimar, I picked GnW and almost timed him out on Delfino game 3, but he somehow hitted me in the last second.

Then, in WF and GF, local #2 ***** the Wario main with a Pocket DDD.
He just made me realize (again) that I'm bad at this game.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
DDD is such a weird character.
Use him if you feel comfortable with him, not just because he'll earn you easy matchups, or else people will eventually figure him and give you hard times.

In any case, it's just a game, try to enjoy it while you play it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Honestly Coney, I think you should just quit / enter doubles only and hang out with the com. I don't even know you in person and it's painfully obvious that you're not playing because you like the game. Picking up MK won't change that.

:059:

Coney

Smash Master
well the issue is that the game LOOKS so fun and it's fun when i'm playing it for a bit. but when i get gayed out and people run from me the whole game and it turns into a stacked guessing game against my favor it's really exhausting

tired of doing A when i want to have the option to A, B and C. if mk isn't fun or if it doesn't work out i'll be done, but i'm confident i'll do at least okay (doubt i'll DROP in placings, anyway)

if i don't rise though, i'll probably do what you said

Last edited:

Jrugs

Smash Ace
well the issue is that the game LOOKS so fun and it's fun when i'm playing it for a bit. but when i get gayed out and people run from me the whole game and it turns into a stacked guessing game against my favor it's really exhausting

tired of doing A when i want to have the option to A, B and C. if mk isn't fun or if it doesn't work out i'll be done, but i'm confident i'll do at least okay (doubt i'll DROP in placings, anyway)

if i don't rise though, i'll probably do what you said

do what I said or what some else said? Cuz coney the snake would be pretty cool.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I cannot seem to make myself post on these boards consistently these days lol. Trying to cut back on my SWF usage. I've had..moderate success.

Top Bottom