• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD Social: we livin' in smash 4

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Soooooooooooo.....who wants to go to New York?
Opening up a carpool for Impact in New York Tell your friends

(disclaimer one way trip)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
You realize you played me at Apex right? the tournament I didnt even make it out of first round pools in?

Im actually going to be training this time. You going to be fighting after i surpass the level I was at for pound 5, when I got 33rd, out of 300 people. You know nothing of my true strength.
It won't be as fun if you're at not at your best. I don't care. Bring it. I am playing with the intention of beating you. You also do not of my own true strength as a player. I'm just now starting to bring it out consistently. But I've got a while ago. But my hard work will get me there!

:denzel:

White91

Smash Apprentice
Just won a tournament, beating 1st,2nd,3rd, and 4th around. Including raziek and croi a ics main and a diddy/game and watch

so there's that

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
now i feel a lot better about losing WFs in ammies :p

Exdeath

Smash Master
It would be a good idea to start looking at frame-by-frame flow chart follow-ups. For example, I was thinking that most players who play a CGable character tend to have a predictable option-select in case the :dedede: player drops the CG, which allows :dedede: to kill an otherwise difficult-to-kill character if they automatically jab or spot dodge (e.g. Diddy) and what can punish that, for example if Ike tries to attack, he can be hit with a charged Dsmash/Usmash. If Ike tries to spot dodge or roll into DDD, charged Dsmash until reaction.

It's worth it.

I get sucked back into DB and DBZ every so often lmao.
I was referring to the thread.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
I've been doing this forever already.

Its really effective on Peach and LOLzy on Yoshi.

Yoshi's option select is either Jabs or stutter step F smash. and you can F smash his F smash. and squash his little head. LOL. Other than that, pretty much any character that spams jab, you can do the JC Usmash on and trade.

Also running up and charging u smash at the ledge is pretty good. If they shield, it pushed them off. If the spot dodge or roll they eat it.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I've been doing this forever already.

Its really effective on Peach and LOLzy on Yoshi.

Yoshi's option select is either Jabs or stutter step F smash. and you can F smash his F smash. and squash his little head. LOL. Other than that, pretty much any character that spams jab, you can do the JC Usmash on and trade.

Also running up and charging u smash at the ledge is pretty good. If they shield, it pushed them off. If the spot dodge or roll they eat it.
I've also been doing it for a long time, but I'm suggesting a more formalized database (mainly with Fsmash in mind). I prefer Fsmash at the ledge and I usually land at least one per set with a Dthrow set-up. I hadn't thought of the Usmash set-up as more than an option to knock someone onto the ledge, though. I'm going to try and incorporate that. On that note, I'm working on the Falco MU (I'm very bad at it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wByF5yaDnD4&list=UUO_kz8GcAxBFy7-bY8wcsng&index=2&feature=plcp

Criticism please?

ZTD | TECHnology

I play the MU differently than say....4GOD. But I guess I can help if you want. I'm apparently good at this MU.

EDIT: Also pretttttty sure Aero and I could whip up that project.

ZTD | TECHnology

Well.

One way or another, I end up working on a project and finding something to look at lol. I shall be in touch Aero. I'm working on something. I'm waiting to see if there's any substantial leads before I go further in.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
No problem. I've been lazy as of late, there's one thing I wanna restart for the smash lab, but I've been working on a video about priority and the various factors that can affect a move beating another, but I've mostly put it on hold. lol

So I'm pretty free.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I hope the two of you are coming to BAM.
Then we can do... whatever the hell happens when three nearly-strangers suddenly meet each other.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I really, really want to go to BAM, but it's all dependent on if Toki goes.

I've never been out of state so it's kinda scary if I just up and go to Melbourne for a tourney. lawl.

Plus I wanna meet that other dude.

ZTD | TECHnology

I have decided.

I'm starting the new D3 guide tonight. I have all the data I need. Its just a lack of motivation that held me back.

But my last class of the semester is tomorrow and I already took the final so I'll have some extra time for the next 3 weeks. Should be enough time to get it all done!

Also... when this is done Aero you'll probably end up getting rid of a few stickied threads. This will contain everything. It will be complete and sexy.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
does anyone else play dedede by only shutter stepping or w/e its called... like when you just tap forward or back on the control stick. anyways, yeah I've been only doing that and never holding it down to run and it helps me to see my options more clearly at basically every position.

i figure its really good with DDD because he isn't suppose to move that much anyways.

idk. i like to play him like this. not sure if it gets predictable or not though i haven't played with it enough honestly. i usually just get impatient and try to run and just play normally.

but yeah, just shutter stepping to see your options. you end up doing more turn around grabs and reverse bars and stuff you normally wouldd end up missing just dashing around. do i need to go more in depth or am i showing you guys the picture of this play style?

ZTD | TECHnology

Update:

Hours Spent on New Guide Thus Far: 11

Things are really looking sexy! Currently finishing off the new Moveset portion of the guide. Because of how much detail I am putting into this, I am guessing its going to take a few weeks at the max to complete. But it's looking super sexy thus far. So much work though. I've been on this laptop ever since I got out of school today lmao.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
This guide doesn't really help me! afaik

Does it include any new information or it just a refurbished guide that is easier to follow than the old one?

ZTD | TECHnology

Well....

Its more or less a rehashed version of the old guide because the old guide is unbelievably outdated. And its messy. Its basically a copy and paste job of 5 outdated guides. And so I am re writing EVERYTHING. And in addition including all the newer findings.

A majority of the new stuff is mine anyway. Without realizing it, I created enough new content and expanded upon some older stuff to the point where I could make a new guide anyway. And with other cool stuff like Aero's full frame data its a must.

However, there is a new project I'm working on...if it proves conclusive, it could go in the new guide. But this is just intended to be a general guide. I'm tired of looking at that archaic thing on the main page. Its going to be huge though. Probably bigger than any other character guide on this site.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hooray! <3

@Zekeishere, generally guides won't help experienced players such as yourself. lawl

But it will be of great help to those who are new and/or inexperienced. Our guide here is from 2008 lawl. Probably the most outdated of all the character boards; so it's fantastic that we have someone willing to diligently work on it now. :D

C.J.

Smash Master
Why is DDD's nair so hard to use ._.

It's one of my favorite moves in the game. Siiggghhhh

On a related note, I know the weak hitbox stays out for years- does it beat Olimar's non-purple usmashes like Fox and Sheik's weak hit nair do?

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
So I'm gonna start to play this character a ton more because I realized that he's still my best character and why not play your best character? lmfao. So I would like to know has anything changed recently regarding this guy? Or have you guys thought of any new mixups/frame traps(**** like that)? Also what style do you feel fits DeDeDe more, Conditioning or downloading? I'm mostly a conditioning player in case y'all haven't taken notice of it. So yea, that's about it. I thought up some mix up thingies against falco near the ledge, but it's probably **** people already knew.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Why is DDD's nair so hard to use ._.

It's one of my favorite moves in the game. Siiggghhhh

On a related note, I know the weak hitbox stays out for years- does it beat Olimar's non-purple usmashes like Fox and Sheik's weak hit nair do?
10% priority rule applies, so usually.

Also what style do you feel fits DeDeDe more, Conditioning or downloading? I'm mostly a conditioning player in case y'all haven't taken notice of it. So yea, that's about it. I thought up some mix up thingies against falco near the ledge, but it's probably **** people already knew.
Consider the former is an extension of the latter, but DDD can't kill a lot of top tier characters without conditioning. Also, even if the information is redundant it still doesn't hurt, where as the other possibility is that it's helpful.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
10% priority rule applies, so usually.

Consider the former is an extension of the latter, but DDD can't kill a lot of top tier characters without conditioning. Also, even if the information is redundant it still doesn't hurt, where as the other possibility is that it's helpful.
It's just a lot of conditioning ****. Example: like Bthrowing falco at low percents and baiting him to the ledge cause you conditioned him to expect you to ftilt or waddle him out of it and you grab the ledge and he dies at like nothing.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I know what conditioning is, however I don't believe that it's possible to effectively/consistently control another person's behavior without understanding them beforehand, hence conditioning being an extension of "Downloading."

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It's just a lot of conditioning ****. Example: like Bthrowing falco at low percents and baiting him to the ledge cause you conditioned him to expect you to ftilt or waddle him out of it and you grab the ledge and he dies at like nothing.
That's how we do.

I know what conditioning is, however I don't believe that it's possible to effectively/consistently control another person's behavior without understanding them beforehand, hence conditioning being an extension of "Downloading."
HA.

HA.

My only possible response.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Atomsk, if your seriously trying to play ddd again, at your level i think you would be better off talking to Vex one on one about ddd stuffs rather thantalking to people here.

No offense intended to anyone here

:phone:

∫unk

Smash Master
ya I would talk to vex

I still think the most important skills with DDD are blocking and dodges but you already have a good grasp on that

maybe practice/master grab followups, ex. knowing if its better to jump and f-air them or maybe dash f-roll to get under them asap.

if i played again that's what i'd work on just knowing their %/air movement/weight/options knowing what the proper followups to grab is.

ZTD | TECHnology

So I'm gonna start to play this character a ton more because I realized that he's still my best character and why not play your best character? lmfao. So I would like to know has anything changed recently regarding this guy? Or have you guys thought of any new mixups/frame traps(**** like that)? Also what style do you feel fits DeDeDe more, Conditioning or downloading? I'm mostly a conditioning player in case y'all haven't taken notice of it. So yea, that's about it. I thought up some mix up thingies against falco near the ledge, but it's probably **** people already knew.
I think you should look up some of the archives. Like, recently I'm discovered extensions of D Throw follow ups. Like I found that Down Tilt from D Throw is guaranteed on a lot more characters than we originally though. Also check out the Back Air from Down Throw thread if you haven't looked at either yet. Master those follow ups if you havent . Freebie kills are the best.

And yes conditioning is very important. I've found also that its kind of a requirement in those difficult top tier MUs since our options are stupid limited.

Exdeath

Smash Master
If you know that someone is going to try to punish your landing with a shield grab, FFDair will cause early/otherwise guaranteed shield grabs to whiff and Inhale or, to a lesser extent, land>spot dodge beat delayed/reactionary shield grabs.

Top Bottom