• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cut Veterans: Who do you think WON'T make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I believe rather firmly in the 40-character limit, so I guess I should explain both why and who.

View attachment 15149

So, looks kinda limited(and it is, honestly, but thems the breaks). I guess I'll do the rundown of why these specifics are such. I could have probably scooted some things around a little better placement wise, but you get the gist.

Mario 5, Zelda 5, Pokemon 5. Nintendo's top three series as far as recognition and sales, and each would be represented equally(considering Yoshi and Wario are counted separately).

No Mewtwo? I believe Mewtwo had his time to shine and then he got pushed out by new talent. The only X-factor is his Mega Evolution, though with Greninja's reveal and Jigglypuff's very likely return(perfect attendance, mind you), I don't see Mewtwo making the cut unless he's a boss(which could work well with his Mega Evolution, either X or Y depending on various factors). Hate it all you like, but I think Mewtwo's officially playable status is dust in the wind.

No Ridley? Stage boss. People are torturing the logic and context behind "other boss characters appear" along with the Shadow. This is equivalent to hyping up Mr. X when any Mega Man fan knows it's Wily behind the facade. Newbies and people who get pumped up by seeing intimidating bosses get to salivate over what the dragon they'll be fighting might look like, but fans rooting for his playable status are likely to be disappointed.

No K. Rool? K. Rool hasn't been relevant in nigh-on a decade. Now, yes, you could say "Pit! Pit got in and he totally was dead for decades too!" but the things Pit had going for him was Sakurai's affinity toward Kid Icarus, an overall company interest in reviving older IPs(Punch-Out, Kid Icarus, Pilot Wings), and the fact that Pit is aesthetically pleasing to the eye(K. Rool's crazy pinkeye is.. Disturbing to say the least). K. Rool sports none of that(DK's revival was handled with Tropical Freeze), so he's incredibly unlikely.

Hey, you've got a Wolf icon in both your sig and your avatar, but he's absent from your roster? Let me clear this up right now. I like Wolf. I really do. He's a lot of fun for me to play and he's the only spacie that I play. That said, I consider Wolf to be one-and-done. He, like Mewtwo, had his time in the sun but I think he'll be put on a bus and shipped out somewhere. Either stage hazard, maybe a boss(fighting Star Wolf's Wolfen while atop the Great Fox or whatever), or only a trophy appearance. Now, common counter-arguments include "but Ike made it back, have hope for Wolf!" FE is a rising star and is also 'anime fantasy' which seems to have near-universal appeal. SF is an on-rails shooter whose most recent game is essentially a redo of the 64-era title, whose lack of popularity is further compounded by furry hate(see ANY Krystal thread). Falco gets in due to competitive popularity and tradition. Wolf has neither, so I don't see him returning.

ROB? I liked ROB. I never actually had one in RL, but I thought the idea of a robot that helps you play games was hella sweet. Maybe he can cut the mustard again ala G&W, but the peripheral's representative in WFT might knock him out.

Snake? Snake?! SNAAAKE!! He's dead, Otacon. If Kojima's claiming at this point that he hasn't been contacted for Snake, there's just no way unless Kojima is flat-out lying. Nevermind that they'd have to work with a new VA and fans of the character may be put off by it.

Chrom? Hey, I just read the trends. Blue hair, swordsman, main character of the most recent FE game. Ike's reveal shakes the theory up a bit, but I still think Chrom is sadly a shoe-in. Granted, I'm not a big fan of FE in general, so my bias is present.

The Sal Leak? I can't dispute it entirely, and WFT's prediction is definitely uncanny. That said, various characters seem... Unlikely. Palutena just doesn't strike me as playable. You'd essentially be bringing a goddess to the arena, and fans of her character might be dismayed with her lack of omnipotence were she set forth. Chorus Men look rather odd, but I'm unfamiliar with Rhythm Heaven so I lack the credentials to speak on their viability as far as a character goes. Mechanically, controlling three at once would be utterly bizarre unless they worked like IC, Rosa, or Olimar, and something tells me that's not what they're about. Shulk... I've not played Xenoblade, nor do I have any real plans to. That said, from observation, Shulk comes off as yet another anime swordsman with improbable powers and a 'cool sword'. While I feel XB is a bit too recent and obscure to warrant a playable slot, I have to concede that Sakurai did make a deal out of W101's trophy. My own preference is he not receive his invitation as well, but that's just me talking. Can you tell I'm not really an anime fan yet?
You do know that we are getting more than 40 characters since SSBB had 39.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm starting to think the only cuts will be Squirtle & Ivysaur.

Snake
http://jake-plissken.blogspot.com/2014/05/snake-in-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and.html

R.O.B.
Its sad that people even put him with possible cuts, he is important, he was playable in brawl, unique, important in brawl, is a console rep just like G&W who wasn't cut in Brawl so why would R.O.B. get cut now?

Wolf
He is a pretty important Star Fox character and even calling him a semi-clone is a stretch

Lucas
He was the main character in the most recent Mother game and Sakurai is clearly a big fan of the series.

And honestly, it would be just weird for a series to go down in the number of reps it has unless it had the most in the last game. So basically I don't expect any series to go down in reps besides Pokemon.

I guess we will see at E3 and we get the 3DS versions release date.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm starting to get more faith in everyone except :ivysaur::squirtle:.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I'm still iffy towards Lucas. He could easily become a costume if they didn't have enough time to add or edit him.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Since Lucario and Ike made it back, it gives me hopes of less characters getting cut.
I firmly believe that the roster limit will be around mid or high 40s. Any way you see it, less characters than Brawl would feel like a downgrade since even a 3DS card can hold more memory than a Wii disc.

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
Since Lucario and Ike made it back, it gives me hopes of less characters getting cut.
I firmly believe that the roster limit will be around mid or high 40s. Any way you see it, less characters than Brawl would feel like a downgrade since even a 3DS card can hold more memory than a Wii disc.
Especially when you consider how much disc space and development time went into the Subspace Emissary. Without that being in Smash 4, think of the room they have for more resources! I hope this extra time goes into balancing the roster and fine-tuning mechanics and polishing presentation.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Besides Ivysaur and Squirtle, I fear Wolf might not come back. I am not a Star Fox fan, but I will miss Wolf if he was cut.

"What is the matter, scared?

"Howls"

;_;

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Especially when you consider how much disc space and development time went into the Subspace Emissary. Without that being in Smash 4, think of the room they have for more resources! I hope this extra time goes into balancing the roster and fine-tuning mechanics and polishing presentation.
Not to mention that cutscenes and music combined probably take even more than the characters themselves (it might explain why the 3DS version will have only 2 songs per stage).

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
I'll go ahead and toss this thread back up using the same info I'd dumped in the "Who's Comin' Back" thread, since it's relevant to both. Here you go:

I don't think we'll see many more characters in general. I think we've got one newcomer left to reveal(Chrom) and then that's that. Out of the veterans, here's who I think's slinking back in and why..

:falcon: Captain Falcon: Goroh's assist trophy lends a great amount of credence to his return. O12 status and sheer popularity aren't hurting him either. It's not a surefire shot, but it more likely than unlikely.

:ness2: Ness OR :lucas: Lucas: If the Mother series gets a rep(likely, given the Franklin Badge's presence), it will only be one or the other, not both. They've got too much overlap and not enough diversity, especially since most regard Lucas as Ness-Plus. Ness's edge comes from O12 status.

:gw: Mr. Game & Watch: The original WTF. He's stuck around longer than most, and it would seem unlikely that he'd leave now. If anything, it'll be him OR R.O.B. I strongly doubt both. That said, G&W has the edge in my opinion.

:ganondorf: Ganondorf: No real reason to cut him. He's the villain of one of Nintendo's most popular and oft-made series. Decloned and changed likely, but he's probably back.

:falco: Falco: The competitive scene would have a collective aneurysm should the blue bird not make it. Combined with SF's sun continuing to set, Falco will be the one to get in just due to popularity.

:popo: Ice Climbers: Rosalina's presence is both a plus AND a minus for these guys. Plus in that if the 3DS can handle her, it should be able to handle IC. Minus in that she treads on their territory a bit, though how much that matters remains to be seen.

:jigglypuff: Jigglypuff: Sorry Mewtwo fans. The puff has not just seniority, but favoritism as well given she's one of Japan's and Sakurai's most popular pokemon. O12 status and a straightforward and unique moveset and combat style just ice the cake to celebrate her return.

:wario: Wario: One of the most unique characters of a promising spin-off series that has arguably gotten more popular than his home series. Wario's quirks and charm make him impossible to overlook, and he's easily a unique addition with no need to be cut. Ashley as an AT with his symbol also doesn't hurt his chances in the slightest.

:metaknight: Meta Knight: Halberd is back, and it'd be very unusual for Meta Knight's ship to return to action without its captain at the helm. I'd say he's all but assured.

Comes up to about 40. 40? Wow, that's tiny. So who's gone then, and why?

:rob: R.O.B.: May a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest, o fallen icon. He may have saved gaming as we know it in the States, but WFT's presence as the 'peripheral mascot' this time around threatens his participation's chances greatly.

:squirtle::ivysaur::pt: Squirtle/Ivysaur/Pokemon Trainer: All in the same bag, as far as I'm concerned. With Charizard, arguably the most important and iconic of the trio going solo, Greninja taking a slot now and being a water starter himself, and PT's whole transformation mechanic having been universally scrapped, these three have been put out to pasture.

:snake: Snake: I don't see it. Kojima might be a bit of a jerk sometimes, but his statement was pretty direct. I very strongly doubt Kojima would have allowed Sakurai free reign to work with Snake in future titles, especially since Konami would probably have his head for it. Sheik's new Burst Grenade further proves worrying for his chances.

:mewtwopm: Mewtwo: His playable days are done. Everyone may think he's a shoe-in, but he holds a massive black spot on his resume as the only non-cloned character in the history of Smash Brothers to have been cut. This is more important than most are willing to admit, given that even Toon Link made it in over him. If he is in Smash 4, I think it will be as a boss character.

:drmario: Dr. Mario: There're holdouts for this guy? If anyone's really thinking he's coming back, they need to see a doctor themselves. Of the shrink kind.

:roypm: Roy: With Chrom's imminent arrival, I don't think FE has the muster for four reps. Three's already pushing it in my opinion, but then I'm not a fan of FE(or anime swordsmen) to begin with. Ike getting Eruption doesn't help Roy's chances either.

:younglinkmelee: Young Link: I'm not even dignifying this with an explanation beyond 'lol toon link get rekt scrubs'

:pichumelee: Pichu: See Young Link, but add 'who wants pichu?'.

:wolf: Wolf: It pains me to say it, but Wolf was one-and-done from the start. Identical FS, identical B-specials, there's nothing there to set him apart from the rest of the pack as far as getting the nod for playability. Falco's relying on the competitive scene to essentially push him through. Wolf has no such support, so I must sadly mark his personnel file as 'deceased'. Maybe he'll get in as a stage hazard on the Star Fox stage, but the roster's just not large enough to accommodate him as a playable character.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Who came up with the stupid idea that we can't have both Mr Game & Watch, R.O.B. and Wii Fit Trainer?

They represent to completly different things and their moveset have nothing in common.

You may as well say we are not getting a DK newcomer since there was two in Brawl, we are not getting a Mario newcomer since there was 4 in Brawl, we are not getting a Fire Emblem newcomer since there was two in Brawl, we are not getting a Punch Out newcomer since there was none in Brawl.

I swear people are just making stuff up now so they can cut R.O.B.

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
I don't consider ROB a likely cut by any means, but I also have a hard time considering him a 100% lock. There's good reasons to keep him around and not really any clear-cut strikes against him, but the same could easily have been said for Mewtwo in Melee. It all just comes down to priority and time constraints. Depending on how Sakurai feels about him, ROB could feasibly be a low-priority character, putting him in a bad position if time constraints are an issue. Honestly though, I'll be surprised if he's gone. Other characters will probably be axed before him if cuts have to be made.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, my thoughts:

:snake:: I'm absolutely positive he's gone. Kojima's statement was quite clear and wasn't obvious trolling. (I think an Advance Wars character, probably Sami, will replace him and get most of his moveset, with some minor differences so she's not exactly the same.)

:pt::squirtle::ivysaur:: Greninja basically replaced Squirtle and both Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are more popular than these guys. I think Mewtwo will be back with a significant buff/overhaul and these guys are just plain out.

:falco: OR :wolf:: Custom movesets makes Falco completely redundant. They'd have to SERIOUSLY improve him, or just drop him to make him not feel that way. I think Wolf would be more likely to get kept. And no I don't think either one will be replaced by Krystal, if either are dropped, they'll just have two Star Fox characters. Wolf was planned before Falco, anyway. Unless Star Fox gets a new game, I really think one of these two might be dropped.

Unlike the above, I don't think there's a guarantee one will be dropped, but I think its a strong possibility.

:lucas: OR :ness2:: Like with Falco/Wolf, custom movesets makes their Special attack differences completely redundant. Literally any of the special attacks they have can be changed around just using custom movesets. I think there's a high chance of one getting dropped, but Lucas I think is more popular. Ness is simply more relevant to Smash and is the face of Earthbound, so unfortunately, I think Lucas would get cut before Lucas.

I've heard Lucas' regular attacks are different from Ness', but I've never noticed them being all that different when playing as them. If this is the case, that might be Lucas' saving grace, but they'd still need to heavily switch around their specials to make them feel truly different and not have custom movesets make them redundant.

:rob:: I'm fully mixed on him. ROB's appearance was for the most part hated, but who knows? He might get in. I don't think he's a lock, I do think there's a strong chance he may get dropped. On the other hand he might not, but on my previous roster speculation I did on Youtube, I just barely cut ROB from my predictions.

:jigglypuff:: My least likely suggestion, but I don't think its out of the question she'll be dropped. Out of all the original game's characters, she's the most likely to be dropped, she's not particularly popular anymore and barely appears in the anime, and she only BARELY made it into Brawl. With Mewtwo becoming much more popular once again, I think Mewtwo might be given higher priority.

I don't necessarily think Jiggly will be dropped all-together, but there's a good chance she might have a lower priority than bringing Mewtwo back which could get her cut. I don't believe she'll be cut, but I included her just because I think there might be a slight chance of her being dropped.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Actually, the cannot be said for Mewtwo, He comes from a series that already had alot of playable characters from it and even Jigglypuff ot pretty low priority because of it.

R.O.B. on the other hand is the only character from his series and Sakurai has said he wants to avoid cuts and we have already seen a couple of characters confirmed who would logically have lower priority then him like..

Ike who could have been given lower priority since Chrom was coming and Sakurai might not any series to go down in the number of reps
Toon Link, a clone
Lucario, although Pokemon doesn't appear to be getting as many characters as it did in Brawl that got Mewtwo cut and Lucario is very important to Pokemon now.
Zero Suit Samus, with the removal of transformations, She could have easily gone the same route as Squirtle and Ivysaur and treated as a noble sacrifice that wouldn't make the roster look like its actually gone down while bringing others back, And Ridley looks like he might be playable thanks to the size of him in the Direct.

And I have arguable evidence that R.O.B. is back.

What was his stage in Brawl? A stage that looks like you are playing an old school styled NES game.
What new stage in on the 3DS version? A stage that looks like you are playing an old school styled NES game.

Shroob

Sup?
It always surprises me that the majority of people always forget some of Lucas' more interesting traits, like his own tether recovery, which Ness lacks.

Regardless: :squirtle::snake::ivysaur: is my guess.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It always surprises me that the majority of people always forget some of Lucas' more interesting traits, like his own tether recovery, which Ness lacks.

Regardless: :squirtle::snake::ivysaur: is my guess.
Yea i'm really close to only them cut in this.

I starting to think lucas and wolf will be fine as well.

Including R.O.B hes coming back for sure its like everyone forgot what happen with the ice climbers and mr game and watch in brawl.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Who came up with the stupid idea that we can't have both Mr Game & Watch, R.O.B. and Wii Fit Trainer?

They represent to completly different things and their moveset have nothing in common.

You may as well say we are not getting a DK newcomer since there was two in Brawl, we are not getting a Mario newcomer since there was 4 in Brawl, we are not getting a Fire Emblem newcomer since there was two in Brawl, we are not getting a Punch Out newcomer since there was none in Brawl.

I swear people are just making stuff up now so they can cut R.O.B.
There's logic here. G&W doesn't enter the equation, because he's an entirely different console. WFT represents a Nintendo peripheral that's important to their history. R.O.B. represents a Nintendo peripheral that's important to their history. Considering WFT is in the game, and roster space is extremely tight right now, I just don't see R.O.B. getting in again. AT most likely.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I think the only cuts will be Squirtle and Ivysaur, with a high possibility of Snake as well.

Shroob

Sup?
There's logic here. G&W doesn't enter the equation, because he's an entirely different console. WFT represents a Nintendo peripheral that's important to their history. R.O.B. represents a Nintendo peripheral that's important to their history. Considering WFT is in the game, and roster space is extremely tight right now, I just don't see R.O.B. getting in again. AT most likely.
I really, REALLY doubt we're only getting 40 characters, especially with 30 shown already and E3 coming around the corner...

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Wii Fit Trainer has nothing to with R.O.B.s chances. She represents Wii Fit, not he balance Board.

And I'm pretty sure its either representing an entire console or an era of gaming.

Thats would be why R.O.B.s signature stage in Brawl was Mario Bros. Because he represents that era of gaming, like how Game & Wacth would represent the era before that and Miis would represent todays era.

And speaking of Mario Bros, don't you think it has strong resemblance to the new Balloon Fight stage? I wonder why they decided to make it look 8-Bit? can't be because its going to belong to a certain character who had a similar stage in Brawl, the same character who represents that era of gaming.

Also Sakurai said he wants to avoid cuts and space isn't as tight as you say it is.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Wii Fit Trainer has nothing to with R.O.B.s chances. She represents Wii Fit, not he balance Board.

And I'm pretty sure its either representing an entire console or an era of gaming.

Thats would be why R.O.B.s signature stage in Brawl was Mario Bros. Because he represents that era of gaming, like how Game & Wacth would represent the era before that and Miis would represent todays era.

And speaking of Mario Bros, don't you think it has strong resemblance to the new Balloon Fight stage? I wonder why they decided to make it look 8-Bit? can't be because its going to belong to a certain character who had a similar stage in Brawl, the same character who represents that era of gaming.

Also Sakurai said he wants to avoid cuts and space isn't as tight as you say it is.
Wanting to avoid cuts doesn't mean there aren't cuts, and WFT's inclusion is damning I'd say. Balloon Fight's inclusion as a stage may just be a bone thrown to folk that were going nuts for 'Balloon Fight in Brawl/4!'

Shroob

Sup?
Wanting to avoid cuts doesn't mean there aren't cuts, and WFT's inclusion is damning I'd say. Balloon Fight's inclusion as a stage may just be a bone thrown to folk that were going nuts for 'Balloon Fight in Brawl/4!'
You have a weird concept of 'damning'. :p

I agree that cuts WILL happen, but I have a feeling that E3 will open your eyes some. We're already at 30 characters, and then we'll most likely get some at E3... I really, really doubt that Sakurai will show EVERYONE before release, or only have a small, small handful of characters not shown.

40 characters is literally only one more than Brawl.

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
You have a weird concept of 'damning'. :p

I agree that cuts WILL happen, but I have a feeling that E3 will open your eyes some. We're already at 30 characters, and then we'll most likely get some at E3... I really, really doubt that Sakurai will show EVERYONE before release, or only have a small, small handful of characters not shown.
I will admit, I'm surprised at Ike's re-entry into the series, but it doesn't cause me to budge on my opinion that there will be 40 characters, maximum. I believe a large amount of characters will be shown at E3, just like everyone else here. Mainly veterans, along with a single remaining newcomer, Chrom. Any vets that don't get revealed during E3 would be trickled out over POTDs until release.

Shroob

Sup?
I will admit, I'm surprised at Ike's re-entry into the series, but it doesn't cause me to budge on my opinion that there will be 40 characters, maximum. I believe a large amount of characters will be shown at E3, just like everyone else here. Mainly veterans, along with a single remaining newcomer, Chrom. Any vets that don't get revealed during E3 would be trickled out over POTDs until release.
Will your opinion change if say, 2 or more newcomers are shown? Because let's face it, if Nintendo has any time to prove it's still viable after the failure of the WiiU, it's now, so they most definitely better come in guns blazing.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Any additional newcomers aside from Chrom would certainly surprise me(and likely result in my wager being collected). I strongly doubt it though, and Nintendo has certainly done poorly by the Wii U, but they're by no means in danger of falling forever. The same was said of the Virtual Boy, and yet they bounced back stronger than ever.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Wii Fit Trainer has nothing to with R.O.B., Its like saying Ice Climbers will be cut in Brawl becasue we have Pit.

Yes there will be cuts but look at every character who would almost certainly get lower prioity.

Squirtle
Ivysaur
Snake
Lucas
Wolf

Now lets look at other characters who would have been assumed to have lower priority?

Ike
Toon Link

You have to remember Namco is working on the game and they have experience with larger rosters

Take that into account with Sakurai wanting to avoid cuts and the Balloon Fight stage having alot in common with R.O.B.s stage in Brawl, it becomes obvious R.O.B. WON'T even come close to being cut.

No series has ever been completely cut from Smash and the only non clone cut from Melee was a character who had to compete with 6 other characters from his series. R.O.B. being a first party, non clone character fromm a series with only one character should be reason enough to believe he will be back

Shroob

Sup?
Any additional newcomers aside from Chrom would certainly surprise me(and likely result in my wager being collected). I strongly doubt it though, and Nintendo has certainly done poorly by the Wii U, but they're by no means in danger of falling forever. The same was said of the Virtual Boy, and yet they bounced back stronger than ever.
To be fair though, there wasn't as many competitors in the long run then as it is now.

I have a feeling that E3 will open your pessimistic eyes... Let us wait and see.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Well, it's all we can do until E3 ends(and in my bet's case, until the 3DS version is launched).

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
My chopping block is:
- Jigglypuff (last minute roster padding keeps her safer than most on this list but still at risk)
- Wolf (uniqueness is a huge deal this time around but no one seems to be getting drastic moveset overhauls except for Bowser and Pit)
- Falco (see above)
- Lucas (see above)
- Nana (I doubt the Ice Climbers will get cut but 3DS limits might force Sakurai to turn the two characters into one character with the other as an alternate costume. Nana's AI is much more complex than Luma's.)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My chopping block is:
- Jigglypuff (last minute roster padding keeps her safer than most on this list but still at risk)
- Wolf (uniqueness is a huge deal this time around but no one seems to be getting drastic moveset overhauls except for Bowser and Pit)
- Falco (see above)
- Lucas (see above)
- Nana (I doubt the Ice Climbers will get cut but 3DS limits might force Sakurai to turn the two characters into one character with the other as an alternate costume. Nana's AI is much more complex than Luma's.)
I disagree with Wolf because he doesn't really need much to make him unique, in fact, with no other changes he's just fine the way he is. Agreed on Falco and Lucas, though.

Speculator

Smash Ace
That's the most preposterous and insubstantial connection you could have chosen to make between the two - and it's not even correct. Wii Fit Trainer does not represent a peripheral, and even if she did why would two totally unrelated Nintendo perihperals for systems two decades apart from each other somehow become mutually exclusive for SSB?

You're also taking Sakurai's pre-development musings far too literally. "We got the roster size about right in Brawl" does not equate to "the SSB4 roster will be Brawl size +1". I highly doubt they'd make a Smash Bros game with just seven newcomers.

I don't think Nana's AI is more complicated than Luma's. Nana just has to follow Popo around whereas Luma needs to be able to operate independently to some degree. Either way the twin character mechanic is the Ice Climber's defining feature so I don't think they'd take it out.

Also, the arguments for cutting Lucas are getting weaker and weaker. I think there's a poor understanding of why he's there in the first place and of just how little he actually shares with Ness.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I find no relation between customizable movesets and the possible (implausible) cut of Falco or Ness. Don't know why people bring it up when discussing about them; it provides no points against their inclusion.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
So many people are unassumingly content with some of SSB's most unique characters.

This makes me all sorts of sad :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom