• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connor's House Tournament: 12/05/09 This is still happening!

porc

Smash Journeyman
I think Doraki, Slhoka, qlex and me (the Frencheese oh) can maybe come to this. It's not too late to say ?
We need to register or something ?

Or should we just show up on the 5 ?

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
please do come! I would love to play Doraki and other french players. no need to register, just show up on time.

porc

Smash Journeyman
That's cool.

I've not talk to the other yet but I assume they'll be up for it. We only need to figure out the cheapest / simplest way to come from LA.

Lovage : yeah we do speak English ;)

Kira-

Smash Champion
yessss international players

Are any of the French players used to NTSC melee? Or will it be a difficult transition from PAL lol

bbb

Smash Champion
I took French in highschool

I predict this will not help me at all as far as communication goes

Slhoka

Smash Lord
yessss international players

Are any of the French players used to NTSC melee? Or will it be a difficult transition from PAL lol
I've got one NTSC 1.0 disc myself, and I think porc may have one too (or it belongs to his friend Salepate, but it doesn't really matter as they're always together, safe for this trip). We're more used to PAL of course, but we play NTSC too. We do know the pro and cons of each difference for most characters, though we sometimes forget about it and screw up what we're trying to do.

As for speaking English, we're not perfectly fluent, but all four of us speak english well enough to avoid comprehension problems. At least, we didn't have that much problems understand Cash Mooney at ESA3, so I think it will be ok in Cali. Prepare yourself to bad accents (not to say awful for me) =p

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
As for speaking English, we're not perfectly fluent, but all four of us speak english well enough to avoid comprehension problems. At least, we didn't have that much problems understand Cash Mooney at ESA3, so I think it will be ok in Cali. Prepare yourself to bad accents (not to say awful for me) =p
Welcome! Although I can't make it to this tournament :gw:, I would enjoy meeting your group of friends. :)

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, c0nn0r, I should have planned our tourney a little better. Ours is on the same day. But, I have a nice idea that I'm sure you'll love, and all you have to do is talk to me on AIM.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
okay so Oats and I talked. here are some new changes:

Oats and I have decided to change the doubles prize pools.

1st place: 1/2 off Genesis bus ticket per person on winning team
2nd: you get your entry fee back
3rd: you just get a pat on the back, sorry!

The rest of the money will go towards the Genesis bus which will make the bus cheaper for everyone.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
k i won't be coming anymore

well maybe if i get enough mms

who wants to mm me

jkun
bizzarro flame

who else

smoke2jointz?

anyone from france?

ps connor isn't that a gay thing to do to the french

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
okay does anyone have a problem with the doubles prize pools besides P? if majority don't want it, I won't have it. simple as that.

D

Deleted member

k i won't be coming anymore

well maybe if i get enough mms

who wants to mm me

jkun
bizzarro flame

who else

smoke2jointz?

anyone from france?

ps connor isn't that a gay thing to do to the french

sure

i was pretty bummed out when you said you quit to be honest, you making a comeback?

joeplicate

Smash Master
honestly, I think that's a really cool idea

or if the team who wins isn't going on the bus, then they get the normal amount of $$

joeplicate

Smash Master
especially if it's more of a deal to halve the ticket price (40 dollars or whatever) than to get a smaller amount of money for winning doubles

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Top Bottom