• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

That's inaccurate, assuming that it's that one from the French magazine...it's old as balls too, making me wonder why WiiZone didn't pick up on it earlier.

Weird.

bottom teir yes, but only cause not many ppl know how to use him right
Nope,because he is a crap character,and get's ***** by Marth's,Shiek's,Fox's,and Falco's(SHL is scary).

There is a certain line of boundry between smash to the point in which skill must be equivilant with your character.If you play With a Yoshi against a Shiek,if you don't have the ability to dodge almost every attack and not get hit,I don't know how you can do it.

(Even though their are good Yoshi players,they don't rank high when playing with them anyway)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
According to one RawmeatCowboy, Nintendo's stuff doesn't start until Wednesday, though, we might get something (something as in anything from Nintendo pertaining to anything) tomorrow.

Also, to answer shadenexus18's question: Nintendo is on Nasdaq: http://quotes.nasdaq.com/asp/SummaryQuote.asp?symbol=NTDOY&selected=NTDOY.
Finally someone answers my question! It's nice to know that you're always lookin out for me Devastlian. Your A-ok in my book.

And now we wait for Wedsnesday for news hopefully pertaining to Brawl. Something.......juicy.

Uber

Smash Rookie
I'm hopeing he is at least decent.. if not good. because i'm very interested in him. and wana play as him ^^

Sensai

Smash Master
I look forward to beating the **** outta Snake. No, I will not be playing him. Just rockin' his ****.

Eternal phoenix Fire: I disagree with your statement about tiers. They're there for a reason, obviously, but it's not the end all-be all. YouTube Taj and look for his Mewtwo against Omar's Sheik. It's absurd.

...that being said, I don't think Yoshi's all that good. But Fumi, the man behind the Yosh, is incredible!

And Devas: Thank you friend. I was wondering what the hell was going on concerning Nintendo news.

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
Kirby

I have a new idea for Kirby's swallow. It goes like this:

After you swallow, you can hit B, UpB, DownB, or SmashB to get the correlating move from your absorbed character.

Now's where I'm unsure. Do you think it'd be better to have this move mapped to the B button, or the button it's on for the other character?

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I have a new idea for Kirby's swallow. It goes like this:

After you swallow, you can hit B, UpB, DownB, or SmashB to get the correlating move from your absorbed character.

Now's where I'm unsure. Do you think it'd be better to have this move mapped to the B button, or the button it's on for the other character?
I kind of like this idea. To make it work though it'd have to be mapped to the b button, leaving Kriby's other b moves available.

Braderick

Smash Rookie
Personally, I'm kinda hoping they drop in Raiden as a Snake clone. I know that may sound gay but me and Raiden go way back. They could give him the sword or something.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Raiden most likely won't be in because he's third party and only 2 other third party characters are getting in, which means Raiden's chances are extremely low.

Braderick

Smash Rookie
I know but a man can hope. I don't expect it either but it would make my day. If he were there then I'd use a MGS character because I'm not feeling Snake right now. Just a little wishful thinking.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
About Raiden...he wasn't in any of the Metal Gear games that were on Nintendo consoles, either, which does count him out. Also...I liked Raiden before it was to. :/

Braderick

Smash Rookie
You're right i forgot about him not being on the GC. I still would prefer him to Snake but i guess I'll just have to find something else to hope for. Good catch Devastlian.

Depster

Smash Champion
I look forward to beating the **** outta Snake. No, I will not be playing him. Just rockin' his ****.

Eternal phoenix Fire: I disagree with your statement about tiers. They're there for a reason, obviously, but it's not the end all-be all. YouTube Taj and look for his Mewtwo against Omar's Sheik. It's absurd.

...that being said, I don't think Yoshi's all that good. But Fumi, the man behind the Yosh, is incredible!

And Devas: Thank you friend. I was wondering what the hell was going on concerning Nintendo news.
Thanks for the part bout tiers being overrated and that Yoshi can be good.

I dont see snake as being a good, character, but who knows what sakurai is planning

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm interested in that Kirby idea, but I'm not really seeing it happen. Dunno why, but it just seems that they're going to stick to the same old thing that they've always done.

Now that I think about it, I want Kirby's super move thing to be the bomb from his old games.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
I think snake is going to be a power special char. (cuz he's only allowed explosives), with moderate fighting moves.....

The real characters I'm driving for are Pit and Zero Suit Samus. I like snake and all, but he seems a little out of place, even if his character will be great in my opinion.

about tiers, I dont they apply to real gamers. What we have to understand is that if they were on the same lvl playing each other, they'd tie......and tiers are supposed to be about that. Each character has disadvantages, some more than others, but ranking them is real stupid. all we're doing is confusing noobs, and we'll have a bunch of fake falco's, sheiks', and such running around not knowing about the essentials of those characters. The real ranking system should be on the level of play required for that person to be moderate (I.E. being able to beat a level 9 comp at the least)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
As for the Kirby idea, I've heard about that before, maybe a few months ago? I forget, someone introduced it into the thread "Choose what move Kirby steals" or something to that effect. I highly doubt Nintendo would do that, but if they did, it would moveswap his NeutralB. The main reason Kirby can't do that: shinespiking.

We haven't gotten any real info since like, November. We need info, and were overdue
Yes we are overdue. If I can remember correctly, June 6 was the first trailer, then November 2nd was the NWT. Another 4 months puts us right at the start of March, which is where we are. I WANT INFO!

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
rhyme I believe the 1st trailer was shown in may, so yeah where very close to the year, and just 2 trailers? wtf?...
Why would they kill their hype so soon when Brawl isn't being released until Q3 or 4 of this year. That's what a steady stream of information would do to the game so far ahead of a projected release date

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude there are gonna be about 40-45 characters in brawl, sakurai STATED he wants to show all the characters b4 the game is released, cause thanx to the internet and stuff, 2 days after brawl is released all the info will be revealed including characters, so he would rather suprise us with trailers... and snce the game is due 07, I say show us at least 1 more trailer b4 the 1st year the 1st trailer was shown...

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to Metaknight, i had hoped he would be in melee, and and to see him finally is great. I'm a Kirby fan so naturally he appeals to me, at the same time I big sword user so it's gonne be interestign to use two of my favorite styles combined.

as far as the rest i can't really say until i play with them.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
even if there were 50 characters, minus those already shown, that can be taken care of in two months time

So why make another trailer so soon, there's no real reason for tehm to do that. as it stands now, even with just those two trailers, you've got a mix of internet speculation, false rumors, and those who would crucify this game before it's release. While another trailer may help alleviate some of this, the only way they would is either when they're ready to divulge a decent amount of info (further along in development) or it's just a rehash of what we already know, and maybe a new character introduction (either a recurring or Newcomer most people expect as a given, like DK, Luigi, or Sonic). THe simple fact that Brawl has not been mentioned at all means it's not due out yet, and probably wont be until Q4 (Oct-Dec) or late Q3 (September maybe?). They'll probably start the trickle again in Q2, leading up to a finalized release date.

All this being said, if another trailer does show up i'll be pleasently surprised

Wrath`

Smash Master
Brawl will probably come out in summer.
If brawl is online.Will tournys still be held at event senters or online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom