• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensai

Smash Master
The wrath of Koarin said:
If brawl is online.Will tournys still be held at event senters or online?
Event centers, definitely. Regardless of how good Smash online is, it will

a) lag at least a little
b) not be as good as in-your-face Smash.

And no one should count on any Smash info from GDC. It's probably just not going to happen.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
then again, many people trash talk alot more when the person isnt in your face, which will be a downfall of net play

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Well, sure. But it's just like saying 'sticks and stones don't break my bones.' It's just not true.

Oh well.
Wasn't it "may break my bones?" Maybe not, I've been wrong all day today. :psycho:

It was May, Stryks. Just to get an idea, May 10th for the first trailer and November 3rd for the second one. I thought I saw information for NWT on the 2nd, but maybe I was wrong...anyway, those are the post dates for IGN's movie section on Brawl. However, if the same timespan passes before the next trailer, that means the 3rd one should be released...last week of April? Bummer, let's hope we get more info before then.

Nono

Smash Rookie
Wasn't it "may break my bones?" Maybe not, I've been wrong all day today.
yea it's "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" lol normally i wouldn't have said anything but it was used totally out of context >.> lol

Also tourneys will def be at centers for another reason, that being the possible chance of cheating from home.

Lastly, someone mentioned the trash talk from behind your screen being the downfall of online play. Now this is normally true, but in this case you know exactly who you are playing as you have to have accepted them as a friend on your wii. Also how is communications going to work? cause i don't really feel like stopping for 5 min to type out a couple of sentences with the wiimote.

fox94

Smash Rookie
Is Sonic goin to be in ssbb or will saga say No because i hear they r tryen to get sonic

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Link should be able to transform into W.Link, that would be THE SHIIIIT. I can't wait to see how he turns out! Maybe W.Link would be a surprise character, only show his moves in the trailers that don't involve him transforming or something.

Sensai

Smash Master
Sonic will probably be in. Sega needs some help, and Nintendo would love that guy in.

The 'don't break my bones' thing was NOT out of context, and yes, I know the phrase. I modified it so that it made sense in the sentence.

And Nono and whoever is thinking of 'bad online talk' or what not. Assuming that it evolves into a network for serious smashers, or something that is like that, then there won't be much trash talk at all. Compare the Halo 2 scene vs the Smash scene; we're MUCH more mellow.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Smashers are FAR more level headed compared to Halo fans. Last time I was over my friend's house, there was one kid playing Halo 2 online who must have used every profane word in the book, and I'm not even kidding. Some people just get way too emotional while playing, not like us crazy Smashers.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah guys playing halo, CS or any other FPS online game get way to crazy if theyre killed or anything...

Unlike us, us smashers are calm *well at least me and my friends are when were playing*, sure when I meteor smahs someone or dodge a spike or something awesome I do go like "Holy ****! or *** yeah!"... but thats it, never do I swear at my oponent, and after every battle, I say good game...

Why cant other online guys just act normal? XD

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Yeah guys playing halo, CS or any other FPS online game get way to crazy if theyre killed or anything...

Unlike us, us smashers are calm *well at least me and my friends are when were playing*, sure when I meteor smahs someone or dodge a spike or something awesome I do go like "Holy ****! or *** yeah!"... but thats it, never do I swear at my oponent, and after every battle, I say good game...

I'm guessing it's an ego thing. Most people think they're the Top dog of [insert FPS or MMO here] so when they hit reality, instead of accepting theres someone better, they fly into a murderous, vulgar fit of denial and need to be put down...

on an unrelated note: How many females do expect on the roster this time, aside from the confirmed and the obvious (Zelda, Peach)?

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
It took Nintendo THAT LONG to confirm Fox????Stupid people....

Snake is probably the biggest question mark in the whole game. There was no indication whatsoever of what kind of moveset he'd have, he just popped out of a box and yelled, "It's show time!" a catchphrase that isn't even his.

Pit....where do I begin? They hinted at Pit being in Brawl in Pit's trophy description in Melee, "Will he ever fight again?" was the closing line I think. That's the only character I see being fun to play with on a Wiimote considering he has both arrows and duel swords.

Meta-Knight is just freakin cool. He's got the speed of C.Falcon and the Swordmanship of Link. The thing that makes me worried about him is his possible lack of B-moves. Note: I haven't played anything off the Kirby series except for Air-Ride in which Meta-Knight wasn't referenced to a large degree.

Wario was an obvious choice. I have a friend who sobbed when he saw the traier. At least they hinted at Wario's fart power which shows a promising future for him.
Z-Suit Samus: Just the fact that she was in the game made me want to smack myself in the forehead. Never EVER can they manage to make a good character out of Z-Suit Samus. She's probably weak and insanely light.

Yoshi is only SEMI-CONFIRMED? Hot digidy dog! I liked it back when melee came out and it was obvious that the original characters were confirmed and then all the suspense came with the secret characters. I honestly think that Brawl is a fruitless project and its development will be cancelled due to an insane deadline.

That is all (pours gas on self) proceed with the flaming

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I'd have to disagree a little bit. Zamus could potentially be really busted. Trailer play shows her moveset to be similar to Sheik, and add to the fact that she gets a beam sword, you've got speed and power. But yea, she's likely to be light, and I don't know how her recovery would play out.

Nono

Smash Rookie
The 'don't break my bones' thing was NOT out of context, and yes, I know the phrase. I modified it so that it made sense in the sentence.

And Nono and whoever is thinking of 'bad online talk' or what not. Assuming that it evolves into a network for serious smashers, or something that is like that, then there won't be much trash talk at all. Compare the Halo 2 scene vs the Smash scene; we're MUCH more mellow.

you're right about the sticks and stones thing lol, i went back and read it again, my appologies! lol. And i know smashers are more mellow, i'm not a tourney goer myself, but i have seen and heard clips of them. My point was more or less agreeing with you as someone else said online play will be the downfall of play because of the trash talk.

Depster

Smash Champion
yoshi ftw, wifi brawl will be awesome, i'll get to prove to people that yoshi is an amazing character while being funny and out of place at the same time =P

KalimariDark

Smash Apprentice
Snake is probably the biggest question mark in the whole game. There was no indication whatsoever of what kind of moveset he'd have, he just popped out of a box and yelled, "It's show time!" a catchphrase that isn't even his.
Have you seen the newest trailer? It shows a number of Snake's possible moves, including what looks like a either a down B or tilt where he brings out a RPG @_@ Holy ****, lol. And silly Sakurai said no guns~what a trickster ^_^

Nono

Smash Rookie
Have you seen the newest trailer? It shows a number of Snake's possible moves, including what looks like a either a down B or tilt where he brings out a RPG @_@ Holy ****, lol. And silly Sakurai said no guns~what a trickster ^_^

i think he was trying to refrain from bullets. He did say he was going to use explosives.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The hybrid is back

Smashers are FAR more level headed compared to Halo fans. Last time I was over my friend's house, there was one kid playing Halo 2 online who must have used every profane word in the book, and I'm not even kidding. Some people just get way too emotional while playing, not like us crazy Smashers.
I'm a Smasher and a Haloer. I guess that means I'm a hybrid awesome!!

Well I can't play online, but when I get killed I just say "what the heck" depends on how dumb the kill was, like if someone is taking longer to die than they should >.>

I'm guessing it's an ego thing. Most people think they're the Top dog of [insert FPS or MMO here] so when they hit reality, instead of accepting theres someone better, they fly into a murderous, vulgar fit of denial and need to be put down...
Probably, online is probably a gateway for people to show skill, and when their skill isn't good enough they just get mad lol

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Well guy, I'm going on vacation, so I won't be seeing y'all for a while, 'sobb' srry I'm a little choked up.

Anyways, wadduya mean Brawls going to be canceleed, they haven't even announced a release date yet! They have lots of time to make Brawl (if possible) better than melee.

Depster

Smash Champion
i doubt it will be canceled, look at Twilight princess, nintendo postponed it for like a whole year and it still came out, same with metroid prime: hunters, but months instead of a year

Stryks

Smash Hero
haha so fake, that footage of sonic os from the sonic and the secret rings trailer, hell I was just watching it rite now, tough props to the guy who made the gif, the end of the gif is kinda cool...

saud

Smash Lord
Ic, thanks for clearign that up, I wasn't able to tell, lol :p

and for a split second, on the bottom left of the image is the ign logo so....I had hope in it xD

Sensai

Smash Master
Zamus looks to be the new Sheik, for whoever said it looked like she would suck. Just letting you know...

And I think that we can expect to see quite a few more female characters, as Nintendo wants to bring in the casual gamer.

Sensai

Smash Master
Looked cool, haha. I didn't even see all those posts before mine when I posted last night...

Y'know something I want back? Custom entrances. Remember, from Smash 64? Those were the ****.

Stryks

Smash Hero
No kidding, the entrances was one of the best parts of the original smash, I have SOME ideas for entrances:

midna/link/zant/ganondorf: In tp, when u warped or something, u were transform into little black squares, well this will happen here, the black squares will form the model of the character, and then they do like a pose or something...
Mach rider: Simple, he rides his Motorcycle trough the stage, then jumps off it when the cycle is still going...
Dark samus: A small phazon meteor craches to the stage, and then dark samus appears...
Wolf: jumps off the wolfen, 'nough said...

man I had mor eideas, I just cant remember them XD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom