• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I still play Smash 64, and I'm sure other people still play it as well. With that being said I'm sure not everyone is going to let Melee die. Especially for tournaments.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Do U think people will still play Melee after brawl comes out?
Of course people will.

I still play Smash 64, and I'm sure other people still play it as well. With that being said I'm sure not everyone is going to let Melee die. Especially for tournaments.
I would like to play Smash 64, but my entire crew has appreantly classified it as heracy and refuses to play, I grow tired of owning CPUs. I plan to continue playing Melee even after Brawl comes out, but only after I determine a person to main.

Devastlian, I understand what you were saying now. I just figured that Wario never really did anything which would warrant him a Luigi missile, while sitting on someone seems completely within the realm of his personality. No sense in worrying anyway, I have faith in Nintendo to design his character, complete faith.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Of course people will.

I would like to play Smash 64, but my entire crew has appreantly classified it as heracy and refuses to play, I grow tired of owning CPUs. I plan to continue playing Melee even after Brawl comes out, but only after I determine a person to main.

Devastlian, I understand what you were saying now. I just figured that Wario never really did anything which would warrant him a Luigi missile, while sitting on someone seems completely within the realm of his personality. No sense in worrying anyway, I have faith in Nintendo to design his character, complete faith.
Hi Rhyme!!:)

After they designed Fox, I don't entirely have that much faith in Sakurai and his developement team. I know that's only one bad character design, but Fox is pretty popular and for them to use his DS design over his Assault design speaks volumes......in a negative sort of way.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Um...hi?:p

*Does some research on the matter*

It is entirely possible that Fox's Command design was used over his Assault design because Starfox Command is over a year more recent. I'm not entirely sure, but I liked the new design Nintendo gave Fox so, as far as I'm concerned, Nintendo still has my support.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
From Dante's Wikipedia article:

Dante was also included as a character card in SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighter DS

So...That makes his chances the same as Cloud's, I guess...As small as those chances are. :/

Also...they're making a DMC anime? That sounds rather cool...

Sensai

Smash Master
People still play 64, so it's safe to say that Melee will still be played. ESPECIALLY if Brawl isn't as good, competitively, as Melee is.

And even though Devas beat me to the punch, the GC controller was never confirmed. And, IMO, the CC is a much better choice for the game anyways. Seriously, if I could play Melee with that thing, I would.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Yoshi is only semi-comfirmed because we have seen a Yoshi's Island based stage but haven't seen or been told of Yoshi's return. So...we know he's there it's just not confirmed.

Darnit, Stryks.

blackmagicmoe

Smash Rookie
is Donkey Kong confirmed?? He is my fav character and if he is i also hope he gets some new moves... however the power up b move where he punches can stay.. also the other power ups possible

MajiNfraze

Smash Apprentice
I heard zero suit samus was to replace sheik, because no one uses Zelda and that isn't the intended functionality of the character zelda- a vehicle for sheiking. That being said, I can't see them taking sheik out of the game entirely. In any event, I imagine the laser whip will be much stronger than the chain- probably have several moves where it "lashes" like a smash attack, and maybe even whip combo's like Marth and Roy's Sword Dance. That'd be uberneat. I hope they fix fox's shine (c'mon we all know its broken), and shore up some of the lesser played characters.

blackmagicmoe

Smash Rookie
yeah well... for the most part he is my main character and roy is my second... although dk is my favorite.. i still think they should improve some of him

Rhyme

Smash Lord
The best thing about DK is his smash attacks
If playing CPUs counts, then I still play Smash 64. No one around me likes that game anymore. :ohwell:

As for DK, he does need improvement. His Uair in Melee had much less lag and knockback, making it combo better. I don't recall the upB in Smash 64 having any initial knockback and it does in Melee, with some additional super reach, especially vertical. Other than that, I would agree that Nintendo could have done more to improve him. I just hope he doesn't get the huge improvement given to Fox.

Depster

Smash Champion
Yeah, Yoshi is the punching bag of Smash. A reptlian pinyata even! He's not goin anytime soon.

As for DK, I hope he comes back!
um... im gonna disagree with that, i have dealt WAY more KOs with Yoshi than received, and tho yoshi can withstand a crudload of damage before getting koed, i wouldn't call him punching bag lol, but i hope they make his jumps a bit higher since he doesn't have a third jump, and i hope they make his b^ egg throw stonger and any of u remember how when yoshi would be in the air on smash 64 how when u would smash backwards in the air and he would kick behind him with both feet and KO the sucker trying to hit him midair? they replaced that with a tail flip deal that is the same but weaker than his midair a down (flutter kick attack thing) so i hope they bring is midair back kick to brawl

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Yoshi has a better chance to come back, since we saw some of his stage in part of the trailer, unless that was someone elses stage, like baby mario or something, which I doubt. Yoshi is one of the major Mario characters, and was in the past 2, so why does he have to leave?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I can't play as Yoshi, all of his moves are too short ranged and weak. I only want him because he's a classic character. I hope he gets better moves this time around.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I can't play as Yoshi, all of his moves are too short ranged and weak. I only want him because he's a classic character. I hope he gets better moves this time around.
It doesn't matter what happens to Yoshi for me, because I despise him...

For his popularity!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
There's already a third trailer, but it's only 6 seconds long:

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=41546
Not to be rude, but that is hardly a new find. Way back when, after the first Brawl trailer was released, Nintendo released another video showcasing all of their upcomming Wii titles. The video was roughly 2 minutes long if memory serves, and Smash Bros Brawl got a quick segment immediately following Super Mario Galaxy. If you want to consider that a new trialer, feel free, but I for one do not. Sorry Brawlmatt. :ohwell:

Not to say it isn't a trailer, it's just not all that new, unfortunately.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Think we'll still have tropys?Or could they be plaqes or somthing else.

Wonder if you can get an oscar or a bafta tropy?:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom