• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
he has brought shame to your avatar.....
o yea, urban with the off topic steal

but really, how could you think that. HOW. Master Chief is more of a long shot than snake was, not because he sux or anything, just because he is on XBOX. The PS2 and nintendo seem more.....chummy than we American.....most of us anyway.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Nobody's sure about Snake...neither am I. I'd have atleast put master chief in instead of Snake. And what's with Luigi and Peach missing??
Master Cheif?! No, no, and double no!

They probably want Luigi and Peach to be a surprise. After all, Luigi has been and unlockable character in the past two games.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
MS is closer to Nintendo than PS2, I recall a MS sales exec. saying "Why buy a PS3 when you can buy a Xbox 360 and a Wii for the same price?".

I like all 3 contenders. I'd have all 3 consoles if I could.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Master chief, also snake aint a sony character, dont know why ur saying ps3 is closer than nintendo than master chief, maybe u were referring cause snake is in brawl, snake has 2 appearances in a nintendo console, maybe even more, how many does master chief have??...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Master chief, also snake aint a sony character, dont know why ur saying ps3 is closer than nintendo than master chief, maybe u were referring cause snake is in brawl, snake has 2 appearances in a nintendo console, maybe even more, how many does master chief have??...
Exactly!

I'm actually growing a liking for Snake! I might start playing Metal Gear Solid...

Sensai

Smash Master
Sony is not close to anyone, as they tend to be more arrogant any believe they don't need anyone at all.

MS and Nintendo are definitely closer to being mates, but I wouldn't exactly call them chummy. MS just respects Nintendo a lot, and wants to take down Sony at all price.

Even if it means Rare working part-time for Nintendo.

And Snake started on the NES.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
Sony is not close to anyone, as they tend to be more arrogant any believe they don't need anyone at all.

MS and Nintendo are definitely closer to being mates, but I wouldn't exactly call them chummy. MS just respects Nintendo a lot, and wants to take down Sony at all price.

Even if it means Rare working part-time for Nintendo.

And Snake started on the NES.
i dont see rare working for nintendo again. microsoft swallowed rare up for a reason

Sensai

Smash Master
And DKR on the DS is what, then? MechAssault?

MS's Peter Moore saying that a Viva Pinata on the DS is a 'definite possibility' is a sure fire sign of it too: MS would do ANYTHING to knock Sony down a notch. Even if it means sharing the market with Nintendo.

[Edit:]

So no, not literally part time. But they're still doing projects for Nintendo systems.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
For wario's down grab move he could sit on the opponet and fart on them.

Warrios side B could be:He charges up gas and then launches himself foward like luigi.
That would be a no-no. We don't need a luigified Luigi-missile, that's just stupid. Peach sits on people, so I suppose Wario could as well.

I think Wario's sideB should be a punch where he launches fowards and, if he strikes you, hits you away at an angle(similar to Ganon's downB in power and knockback) but he doesn't punch downward in midair.

Sweetness, you made me think of something else that I really REALLY want to see in Brawl: recordable videos.

Yes, you heard me. I want a 'play of the game' thing or maybe even a way to record a match and send it to someone.
YES!

Plus, Wii's hook up to the internet wirelessly anyway. Put it straight to your computer, or let people watch the matches from tournies in Real Time from home! *jaw drops*

If I recall, some guy from IGN saw a Halo DS game... so yeah MS wants to take down Sony BAD XD...
That project was canceled last I checked. It does show however that M$ considers Nintendo less of a threat than Sony.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I had a thread about spectator mode, it died though. A lot of people seemed to like it but it wasn't good for discussion.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
And Snake started on the
MSX.
when u say dkr are u referring to donkey kong racing?

becasue donkey kong is not owned by rare. its owned by nintendo
He's referring to Diddy Kong Racing DS which was indeed developed by Rare.
That would be a no-no. We don't need a luigified Luigi-missile, that's just stupid. Peach sits on people, so I suppose Wario could as well.
That's kinda contradicting...Kinda.
I think Wario's sideB should be a punch where he launches fowards and, if he strikes you, hits you away at an angle(similar to Ganon's downB in power and knockback) but he doesn't punch downward in midair.
I think it should be an elbow rush move like in the Wario Land games. :/

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I wish I could go back to my GB playing days, then again I cheated Wario Land when I was 5. I did eventually beat it normally but I was a smart*** in my childhood. Also does anyone think Tiny Wario may be a part of Wario in Brawl?

Wrath`

Smash Master
OFF TOPIC,but do you think on scertaint stadiums you should be able to choose time of day/weather?

Match recordings?
YES

P3L!C@N

Smash Cadet
Match recordings would be so tight.

Like what was said earlier, it would be even better if a spectator mode was available.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Fox's new look is awesome! I can only imagine what Captain Falcon and D.K are going to look like.. and it scares me a bit.. lol. -.-;;

Match recordings? Yes! I really wish they will add match recordings, so if you find a glitch or something, or do something really cool in a match, it will record it for you, so you don't have to go back to try to debunk how you did it, or whatever. Maybe it could be a special Melee? Like camera mode?

Online tourneys? Sounds cool, but you couldn't have money matches. Not that it really takes away from anything..

Sensai

Smash Master
RVD, I doubt that they're going to include video editing software with Brawl, but I know what you meant.

I had no idea Snake was on the MSX first. Does that mean that when the MSX comes to the VC (this has been confirmed, BTW) that we'll be seeing Snake for the first time EVAR?!

DKR = Diddy Kong Racing. Yes, DK and co are IP of Nintendo, but the game itself was done by Rare.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
That's kinda contradicting...Kinda.

Was my statement contradicting? I was just referring to an attack being slightly altered from its original to fit a different character, almost like the attack was being Luigified. Perhaps it would have been more correct to say "a slightly altered Luigi-missile"?

I was lucky enough to get roughly 3 minutes of familiarity with an old Wario Land GBA title several years ago. From what I managed to recall, Wario had one attack where he lunged fowards, destroying many obstacles and clearing a path for the player. The attack looked to me like a punch, but if you are fairly confident that it was an elbow then that's even better. I would much rather preserve likeness to his game.

Fox's new look is awesome! I can only imagine what Captain Falcon and D.K are going to look like.. and it scares me a bit.. lol. -.-;;
Online tournaments would be a nice idea so long as there is a way to prevent people from cheating. I.e. assuming someone else's identity so that person can win, because you might just be surprised at how competitive some people are.

As for DK's new look, overtoned uber buff DK = sexy. ^_^

I'm fairly confident that Nintendo will catch us off guard, in the nicest way possible, with a character makeover we hadn't expected. Think of it this way; we were all shocked with awe at Pit's new look, imagine what Megaman would look like if he were in. Even a standard character like Luigi or Bowser might get an overhaul and look awesome.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It's an elbow, I got me a copy of Wario Land 3 [this game is screwed up, Wario can't die [no health bar or anything] so bosses 'push' him away from them which resets their health] it's kinda cool but I prefer the older versions.

CoquiMan

Smash Rookie
OHH,MAN.... It would really suck if cheats were available for this game, or Hackers made them available... It takes away all the fun. ALL of it. It's all about the player's skill.
How about the controller!
Do you think the game will play with the Wii-mote or the classic game one, or game cube? It would be really weird playing it with the Wii-mote.

Just to talk about characters.
Wario's Air down-B better be bad "buttox" LOL!!

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
How about the controller!
Do you think the game will play with the Wii-mote or the classic game one, or game cube? It would be really weird playing it with the Wii-mote.

Just to talk about characters.
Wario's Air down-B better be bad "buttox" LOL!!
It's already been announced that SSBB will be played with the Gamecube Controller. I don't think we will be using the Wii remote.. rofl.. but maybe the Classic controller..

Wario is going to be weird..

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Maybe it could be a special Melee?
Special Brawl. This game is called Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
I had no idea Snake was on the MSX first. Does that mean that when the MSX comes to the VC (this has been confirmed, BTW) that we'll be seeing Snake for the first time EVAR?!
The MSX versions of the first two were included with MGS3: Subsistence.
Was my statement contradicting? I was just referring to an attack being slightly altered from its original to fit a different character, almost like the attack was being Luigified. Perhaps it would have been more correct to say "a slightly altered Luigi-missile"?
No, I meant saying that giving him a modified Luigi's missile was bad but giving him a modified Peach's downthrow was good was slightly contradicting.
Sakurai, check IGN.com
There is no such confirmation on IGN.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yeah I agree, they definately don't care about the customer for they put the Playstation 3 at a real unoffordable price. $700 Bucks! C'mon on now that's bull! Furthermore, all you get is the system, plug-in's, and controller. That's it! They suck big time.:mad: :mad:

Devastlian

Smash Lord
It's not confirmed in that article, though. He says the Wii can use GCN controllers and says you may not want to throw away your GCN controllers. He says it like it he doesn't want to commit to anything except that you won't use the Wii Remote's motion sensing; just buttons and control stick(s). IGN even makes sure to say "GameCube-style control".

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, it depends on if it's a Madden style update where they're so similar the new version makes the old one simply obsolete or if it's different enough to be considered an entirely different entity and for people to play both. People still play SSB, they still play Halo, CS 1.6, and SFA3 despite there being newer versions available. They just are kept alongside as staples and classics of competitive gaming. Or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom