• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Lol a 6 second trailer. That's more like a clip, probably something recorded by someone with a camcorder.

Sensai

Smash Master
It looks like it's just the thing outta the 2 minute compilation from early on....

Either that, or (since it's fan made), a 'best of' type thing...which is only 6 seconds long....

Dunno.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol ive already seen that fottage b4, its was on a trailer showing 06-07 games for the wii on the nintendo world tour (think thats what its called)...

Depster

Smash Champion
why does everyone despise yoshi? is he too good for you all? I gotta admit tho, a few of his moves do need to be a bit stronger, and his range is better than say like kirby or mario

Rhyme

Smash Lord
why does everyone despise yoshi? is he too good for you all? I gotta admit tho, a few of his moves do need to be a bit stronger, and his range is better than say like kirby or mario
No, I'm to good for him.:)

I tried playing Yoshi for about a week and had little luck. My game had improved durring that short period of time, but not substantially, so I gave up. I have read online guides on how to master the character, but there are numerous inconveniences which make him less appealing. So many easy gimping opprotunities, the djc ariels strategies means that if you get hit out of it you have no recovery, he is fairly heavy and easy to combo, he can't jump out of a shield and his shield grab is uber slow, etc. He is strong, but his moves require strategy to use effectively and the character itself moves awkwardly. I wish I was good with him, but alas, I am not.

Depster

Smash Champion
Too bad, he is really fun to use when ur good with him. He is awesome at juggling and meteors and has a huge Dair that his for about a 40 when done right (it is his flutter kick attack)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Don't worry, I have already found the solution. We kindly convince Chu, a Melee god among men, to start playing Yoshi. IC's were low tier before he began using them; now he is using Pichu and beating reputable people with the small rat. I'm convinced that Chu can raise the tier ranking of any character, including our little colorful dinosaur.

Depster

Smash Champion
Just what i mean, if ur good with yoshi, anything is possible (i hope he doesnt give up on yoshi like many ppl) btw, are we just spamming now since this topic IS just for new brawl characters or something liek that?

blackmagicmoe

Smash Rookie
i know this has absolutely nothing to do with the thread .. but in melee i dont know what the frigg a smash attack is.... can someone help me out... i can own with dk to all people but smash attack i dont know what it is.... what ive heard is that it has something to do with the control stick and a ... but all that happens is when i hold them dk powers up with his hands about to clap is that a smash attack..?

yeah yoshi needs to return like everyone said he is a punching bag... but hes pretty much in every mario franchize game.. but yes he needs to return with diff moves hopefully like dk.... the only character that i dont think deserves to return is pichu... just a smaller version of pikachu... but everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is mine

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
o_O !!!!! @A@CKCKCK t3l-l l\l00l333rz

how long.....have you....been playing smash.... I know I shouldnt make a fuss (sry i have absolutely nothing better to do) but dont have the manual...........ehhh. it's cool. I'll tell you. When ever you tilt the control stick in a direction and press "a" an attack happens. If you pres hard and hold "a" then that is a smash (i dont do so well with explanations). If you do it right....your character glows like yellow or sumthin for a few seconds, and then does an attack that is over double what the normal attack would be (or sumthing)(blackmagicnoob...erm *cough* moe)jk.lol.roflmao.hf.gg.oyea

I really hope this keeps us off topic for as long as possible...becasue really this thing is off topic about 75% of the time (Depster)

Sensai

Smash Master
A Smash attack is one of those attacks that happens when you hit the C-stick over while being on the ground. It can also be performed by hitting the direction and the A button at the same time.

And GDC starts TOMORROW. Even though Nintendo can't really give us any more 'big' information (if you don't know what I'm talking about, ask and I'll explain it), I expect a new character this week sometime.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
just Ignore him, u'll live longer...
Haha. :rotfl:

And GDC starts TOMORROW. Even though Nintendo can't really give us any more 'big' information (if you don't know what I'm talking about, ask and I'll explain it), I expect a new character this week sometime.
Finally! Nintendo has been drawing out their release of information to the extreme, so I'm glad to hear we will finally be getting something new to obsess over for the next 2 days, give or take a week.

I'll let you in on a little secret: this news will be so big that we will be able to obsess over it for up to 5 days before it was given to us. :psycho:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
It's not that some people despise Yoshi, it's just that he is just what you would call a "comic relief" character. I mean c'mon lets face facts, his grunting and his agony when he is in pain are pretty funny.:laugh: Then there's those serious characters that you can select from when you want to take your Melee game to the next level and achieve God like status (like me) such as the space animals. Believe me, you don't want to take a character like Yoshi and compete in tournaments unless you've improved all aspects of your game. Nevertheless, if you just like to play for fun then you need not worry bout that problem.:)

Say what? New Brawl news?! I'm estatic......really! Sweetness!

Sensai

Smash Master
Ah, it seems you people actually DON'T know the news...

You remember a few days ago the Japanese government sold their shares of Nintendo's stock? That's because Nintendo asked them to, as the stock price was too high (supply/demand). Well, the thing is, it's against the law to influence stock prices. So, they can't announce anything HUGE at the conference, due to that possibly being seen as driving up the price.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Wow, I haven't thought about comparing Wall Street to Nintendo. You sure have done your homework and some extra credit to boot Sensai! Great job bro!

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
if you know that ninntendo influence their stock (some random person on a comp) why cant any govt. find out and bust them. I'm not trying to bring doom to nintendo.....but I mean really, if a person on with internet connection can find this out cant other govt officials.

Bino

Smash Rookie
gogo metaknight

all i know, is metaknight is gonna be a tight character and thats the first one im going to play, after i unlock him of course.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hmmm.....now I'm curious. Does Nintendo use Dow Jones or Nasdaq? Heh, heh, I call Ness Nasdaq. Yeah yeah, I know randomNess. No pun intended.

Depster

Smash Champion
off topic lol? BUt what is so bad about yoshi being in a tourney? he has a meteor attack and his yoshi bomb (b down) is a good counter. He also has two airials that are VERY good counters when ur getting back on stage ( Dair and Bair) fairly easy to wavedash. only bad thing is the slow grab, but u can use the grab to start his amazing juggling combos. Not to mention his powerful smashes, my favorite being down smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom