• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Silliness: Smash Shipping

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Remind me how old Pit is before I immediately blurt out "THIS IS WROOOOOOOONG".
12-13 physically, unknown for angel times, but it's implied over 25 years. It aint wrong if you ask me. If it helps, imagine big sis/little bro.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
12-13 physically, unknown for angel times, but it's implied over 25 years. It aint wrong if you ask me. If it helps, imagine big sis/little bro.
Anyone with no knowledge of fictional video game angel biology(like me) would immediately assume he's still a teen. And he looks the part.

I mean, that is just me, but if he really is 25, sure.

ewww mixed interspecies romance :drshrug:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Anyone with no knowledge of fictional video game angel biology(like me) would immediately assume he's still a teen. And he looks the part.

I mean, that is just me, but if he really is 25, sure.

ewww mixed interspecies romance :drshrug:
Well, he looked 5 or 8 in the original KI in 1986. Kid Icarus Uprising was set 25 years after the original game though, yet Pit still looks like he's 13. Also, there's a little... spoiler...
A 3-year time-skip in the game and Pit still looks the same

So yea, it's perfectly fine for Pit and Samus to me.

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
I love Little Mac with Samus ever since their trailer. That ship is just too much, and all the pictures I've seen are just adorable.
Alph (Even as an alt he counts) with Samus would be fun too. Two space travelers fighting dangerous monsters together...
Also Ness with the default female Villager. Kid has a thing for pink, and since Paula never gets invited...

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who thinks of this video every time I enter this thread?
Oh man, the comment:
"...
Hey.... How do you sink a ship?

WITH A CANON!!!! XDDDD"
^ I lol'd

Last edited:

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
And now for something completely different...Bromances!

Luigi and Falco

Marth and Captain Falcon

Robin and Snake

Ganondorf and Ike

Mario and Pit

i am prepared to explain my reasons for the bromances.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And now for something completely different...Bromances!

Luigi and Falco

Marth and Captain Falcon

Robin and Snake

Ganondorf and Ike

Mario and Pit

i am prepared to explain my reasons for the bromances.
Which Robin are we talkin' 'bout here? 'Cause it could get a little awkward and funny if Snake thought Robin was the opposite gender.

Also, why not Falco and Capt. Falcon? Oh, and who's the uke and seme of the pairings? :p

Last edited:

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
Which Robin are we talkin' 'bout here? 'Cause it could get a little awkward and funny if Snake thought Robin was the opposite gender.

Also, why not Falco and Capt. Falcon? Oh, and who's the uke and seme of the pairings? :p
Its Bromances so they're naturally the same gender.

Luigi and Falco are both considered as sidekicks to the heroes of their respective series. Luigi is often jealous of Falco for speaking out of his mind all the time, but Falco really appreciates how much Luigi puts up being inhis brother's shadow. Hell they're some if the best tourney commentators ever.

Marth and Falcon are an odd pair. You never expect them to be such great friends, but it happened. Both of them have huge respect to one another, as both fighters and people. in fact, Falcon helped out Marth's army in FE3 because his friend was in danger. Marth didn't see Falcon as this amazing warrior, or as the Falcon Punch guy when he was getting popular in melee, or anything like that. He just sees a really great friend in him.

I'll post more later.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Its Bromances so they're naturally the same gender.

Luigi and Falco are both considered as sidekicks to the heroes of their respective series. Luigi is often jealous of Falco for speaking out of his mind all the time, but Falco really appreciates how much Luigi puts up being inhis brother's shadow. Hell they're some if the best tourney commentators ever.

Marth and Falcon are an odd pair. You never expect them to be such great friends, but it happened. Both of them have huge respect to one another, as both fighters and people. in fact, Falcon helped out Marth's army in FE3 because his friend was in danger. Marth didn't see Falcon as this amazing warrior, or as the Falcon Punch guy when he was getting popular in melee, or anything like that. He just sees a really great friend in him.

I'll post more later.
This should become a fanfic. Each chapter deals with a bromance and how they became so. Maybe sismance or whatever the term is for girl-girl strong friendships too?

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
Shipping Sonic with people is hard because Sonic just ain't interested in ANYBODY. Sonic and his games aren't about falling in love or rescuing damsels, at least they aren't SUPPOSED to be anyway. Sonic loves adventure and isn't interested in settling down with anyone because it just doesn't fit his nomadic lifestyle. You could say he was in love with Princess Elise but THE GAME DIDN'T HAPPEN.

I've had some pretty crack ships before, but none of them involve Sonic. I just can't find a character that complements him. The only female Smash Character I can think of could possibly be a good match for him would be....Wii Fit Trainer I guess?
Because they both enjoy running and physical activity? I have a hard time with this. If anybody can help me figure this one out, I'd be willing to hear some ideas.

But for now, I guess I'll just ABANDON SHIP. ;)

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
and now...the continuation of my bromances!

Ike and Ganon are actually work out buddies. Ike was surprised the King of Evil actually works out, and is even more surprised on how...chilled Ganon is. Ganon assumed ike is an idiot, but Ike is way smarter than he gives out. However what really cemented their bromance is that Ganon admits that he's feeling older and us afraid that he'll be obsolete as the series'villain, but Ike told him.
"I don't know much about your world, but i highly doubt you will ever go away. Every story has to have a hero,a goal, and a villain. And i can't think of anyone else as a better villain than you." As a result Ganon asks Ike for sword training because...he wants to make sure the next Zelda game is spectacular and that people will be satisfied when they fight him.

Robin is sorta insecure, both on what he is suppose to be and what kind of tactician he is. Snake (let's go with old Snake from mgs4) listens to Robin's worries. He understands that Robin is
Grima's vessel that will end up destroying the world
Snake told him that just because Robin is fated doesn't mean he has to be one. He said this isn't the Gods' decision, but ROBIN'S. Robin should be the one to decide how he wants to live out his life and no one else. Snake also told Robin that he's one of the most humane tacticians he ever heard simply because he treats the army as more than soldiers. They're like family to Robin.
Robin is...amazed at how wise this man is, and thus he gets Robin's utmost respect.

I'll do Mario and Pit later.

Totally Casual

Smash Cadet
OTPs:
Mario & Peach
Samus & Falcon

BroTPs:
Link & Toon Link
Mario & Sonic
Fox & Samus
Kirby & Yoshi
Wii Fit Trainer & Samus
Zelda & Marth
Ganondorf & King Dedede
Palutena & Peach

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Best friends:
Marth and Falcon (High tier buddies and occasional partners)
Ganon and Falcon (Training buddies)
Luigi and Wario (good friends when Luigi finds himself in a slump)
Zelda and Peach
Samus and Megaman and Pet Pikachu (good friends)
Link and Roy
Ness and Lucas (Lucas spoils the future for Ness)

Pairs (Obv not canon):
ZeLink (Twilight canon I can ship, but never OoT)
Marth and Peach (She's kind of like Caeda)
Mario and Pauline
Falcon and Samus
Jiggs and Kirby

SmashBroPlusB

Smash Cadet
NNID
smashbroplusb
3DS FC
3136-6824-7861
... tourney commentators?

/me raises eyebrow

Okay. Now I'm curious.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If we're talking BroTPs here, I'd say I can imagine Shulk and Little Mac having a strong friendly bond.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
My bro pairings:

Used to be :snake: & :4myfriends: in Brawl. While this mostly stemmed from having these two together in team matches, I could totally imagine them being chill with each other. Plus bandanas! : D

EDIT: I'm not done yet darn it! For Smash 4:

:4littlemac:and male WFT
:4myfriends:and :4robinm:
:4link:and :4marth:(this came from Shulk's reveal)

And last, but not least:
:4pit: and Dark :4pit:

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Oh how I remember browsing DeviantART and seeing IkeXPit pairings whenever you typed in one or the other. Can't search DeviantART without seeing yaoi pairings lol.

I'll be the first to say PitXLucina. For a very hilarious pairing, pair Wario with anybody on the roster.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh how I remember browsing DeviantART and seeing IkeXPit pairings whenever you typed in one or the other. Can't search DeviantART without seeing yaoi pairings lol.

I'll be the first to say PitXLucina. For a very hilarious pairing, pair Wario with anybody on the roster.
Don't forget the IkeXMarth, IkeXSoren, and LinkXGanondorf pairings. :p

There's also the EphraimXEirika pairing that is implied with the lore behind their final weapons' name and other things, but this isn't new if you've played or are knowledgeable about the older Fire Emblems and how marriage worked way back then.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
On the subject of philia, the brotherly love.

It is beyond doubt that, as many have professed above, Marth and Captain Falcon would be fast friends. Yet, such would seem the case of nearly any hero pair. Lucario and Meta Knight, Fox and Mario, King Dedede and ROB, no doubt, and all the in-betweens, such as Mario and Falcon, or Lucario and King Dedede.
The only questions arise when there are 'interesting' characters introduced, that is, characters who don't have exclusively heroic traits, such as with Falco, or Luigi, notably the villains such as Bowser and Wario, and even the less humanoid peoples whose intellectual, emotional, or behavioral capacity is directed other ways such as Kirby or any of the Pokémon.

There is something to be said for the secondary traits of the heroes, that is, what makes them more suitable to others. For example, Captain Falcon is a mercenary, even though his primary motive in the F-Zero cups is to halt Black Shadow and the myriad of other criminals, this would lend him well to sympathize, I feel, with Fox, whose situation is not unlike his own. The difference lies in that Fox is contracted to destroy his enemies, whereas Falcon is competing to destroy his enemies. Their differences would fuel their dialogue, and they would inevitably find a friendly acceptance. Samus, likewise, would sympathize with Fox in the same way. Certainly their small talk would be filled with techno-babble as well, an easy conversation topic. These sorts of things are what forms the majority of what people view as possible pairings.

But this is the real antecedent of speculation, just as it is the antecedent to romantic speculation: the secondary traits of a character are myriad. To speculate on who they would most likely associate with is not beyond us, but we must pick and choose what we would hold influential to who would be a bro to whom.

Last edited:

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
The decision between SamusxLittleMac and SamusxSnake will forever haunt me...although I lean more towards SamusxSnake.
MarioxPeach, as cliché and obvious as it is, is one of my favorites.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I think if anything, Shulk and Lucina would make a good team together as allies for a few reasons:
1: Both seek to change the future to protect the ones they love
2: Have awesome swords
3: And apparently fought together in the ESRB Leak against Ganondorf and Charizard.
Those already make me want to start my XenoEmblem fanfic. (Note that this pairing is not at all romantic. It is only support/battle pairing as they'd make a great team fighting together) :4shulk::4lucina:

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
haha it looks like i got people interested in the bromance between :4falcon: and :4marth:

anyways here's Mario and Pit.

Pit is a HUGE fan of Mario. As a little angel, he wants to be just as brave and heroic as his idol. When he went to Brawl, he was excited but nervous because he heard...unsavory rumors about him (refer to game theory's take on Mario).
When he finally got to meet his hero, Mario was...really tired. Pit was surprised that he's not heroic as he hoped or psychotic as he feared.
Mario only want to be left alone for the most part. Hell even Bowser was getting concerned. Pit, in his infinite stubbornness, tries to see what's wrong with Mr.Nintendo.
After many grape bottles were thrown at the angel, Mario finally surrenders. After a long silence, Mario confessed that he's tired of being a hero, if getting almost nothing in return, and overall is incredibly jealous of Luigi because his brother, despite somewhat of a coward, has really good friends in Falco, Falcon, and Marth.
Pit apologize for his intrusion, but still stayed with the plumber. After that, he and Mario will just...talk. That's all. It wasn't serious talks though. Just any random thing like "So this-a Ike guy...who does-a he like again" "MK is still dominating?"
Eventually Mario, with Pit's support, managed to talk normally to other people. He even told his problems to both Bowser and Peach. They both punched Mario and asked why didn't they told them about it.
Finally he and Pit talk with Luigi and, for the first time in forever, the brothers reconciled. Mario is still new to being a commentator but...he likes it. Even though Luigi and Pit's hype does get overbearing st times.

Which us mostly...but gee wouldn't change it for the world. Commentating a :4marth:: vs :4peach: with his brother and his stubborn best friend Pit

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
smash headcanons? on it

-robin and shulk are huge nerds and also nerd about everything to eachother
-lucina is incredibly starstruck by marth and considers herself unworthy, marth doesnt think so
-marth shulk and robin take daily trips to weenie hut jr.s but they can get into the salty spitoon if they wanted to
-ness misses lucas DEARLY
-shulk and little mac are TIGHT!
-rosalina and ike are pretty tight with eachother they might have some romance brewing
-captain falcon and sonic are frenemies, one moment they race eachother competitively and the other they're sitting down and playing videogames
-captain falcon and samus are on and off all the time

relationships inspired by smashmansion.tumblr.com

Top Bottom