• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Silliness: Smash Shipping

BunnyBoy1337

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3265-5888-7478
I support: :4mario: x :4peach:, :4luigi: x Daisy, :4link: x :4zelda:, :4kirby: x Ribbon, :4falcon: x :4samus:, :4pikachu: x Butterfree (because PeanutButterGamer and Hey You Pikachu), :4sonic: x Tails (Tails is female :troll:), Popo x Nana, :4pit: x :4palutena:, :4robinm: x :4lucina:, :4mii: x Eachother (:troll:), :4tlink: x Toon Zelda, :4villager: x Isabelle, :4fox: x Krystal,:4dk: x Candy Kong, :4diddy: x Dixie Kong, and :4yoshi: x Birdo.

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
"TIME TO TIP THE SCALES"

:4sonic:X:4sonic:
:4falcon:X:4falcon:
:4zelda:X:4sheik:
:4dedede:X:4dedede:
:4lucario:X:4lucario:

SOMEONE TAKE THE SHIPPING ABILITY AWAY FROM ROBIN

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Kinda-ish smash related, but I fabulously ship Ghirahim x Zhang He (Dynasty Warriors). Anyone else with me? :3

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
It does have a story and I don't see why that really matters
Yeah, sure, they met in Generations at Sonic's birthday party, but they have absolutely no history as that is their first time meeting at all ever in that continuity. As such, Silvaze would be an example of what they call a "crack pairing". Sonic and Blaze, on the other hand, at least have history as well as numerous moments of shipping implications (Sonic Rush's ending, basically everything to do with Sir Percival in Sonic and the Black Knight), which is far more than I can say for Silver and Blaze.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Yeah, sure, they met in Generations at Sonic's birthday party, but they have absolutely no history as that is their first time meeting at all ever in that continuity. As such, Silvaze would be an example of what they call a "crack pairing". Sonic and Blaze, on the other hand, at least have history as well as numerous moments of shipping implications (Sonic Rush's ending, basically everything to do with Sir Percival in Sonic and the Black Knight), which is far more than I can say for Silver and Blaze.
Silver and Blaze in 06 is just as canon as black knight, sir percival isn't even blaze

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Silver and Blaze in 06 is just as canon as black knight, sir percival isn't even blaze
Sonic '06 magicked itself out of existence using time paradox stuff during the ending. As for SatBK, it and Secret Rings are both canon (they're referenced by Sonic himself in Generations), with Black Knight taking place immediately after Sonic Unleashed. Sonic somehow gets hijacked into the world of King Arthur on the way to his date with Amy. Now, you could argue that Sir Percival is not actually Blaze, but then there's the question of how her personality and appearance match up exactly. DId the story borrow Sonic's memories of his friends and use them as the Knights? If so, well, that says something about Sonic's opinion of Blaze. And if the story somehow based them off the real thing and not just Sonic's memories of them, well, there's more shipping evidence for you there too.

Even then, that completely ignores the ending of Sonic Rush, where Sonic and Blaze hold hands until the dimensional boundary forcibly pulls them apart. That's pretty shippy IMO.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Since this is Smash Shipping, not Sonic Shipping, I'll get back on topic.

I've always had a soft spot for Marth x Peach. Actual prince and princess. And since Caeda isn't in Smash...:p

.....Yellow Devil x Metal Face :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dude, I saw a fanfic that shipped Chrom and Lucina. I'm not kidding.
Well, if you think about it from their perspective

Lucina isn't really the same daughter that HE is raising, it's only an alternate universe from the future verion

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
No they don't.
Yes they do, everyone is at the party
I thought the whole point of shipping was that we can disregard canon circumstance.
Since this is Smash Shipping, not Sonic Shipping, I'll get back on topic.

I've always had a soft spot for Marth x Peach. Actual prince and princess. And since Caeda isn't in Smash...:p

.....Yellow Devil x Metal Face :troll:
While I believe Zelda x Marth to be superior, I admire you standing up to the Sanic ppl lel
We also use the same reasoning and excuse with our pairing. Horray, shipping!

Lucina isn't really the same daughter that HE is raising, it's only an alternate universe from the future verion
Sure, let's just throw causality out the window. Time traveling is breaking metaphysics enough as it is.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
On-topic then:

I saw a Smash Bros. fanfic that shipped LucarioxBlaze. I don't even know. (Blaze was severely out of character, which actually didn't bother me at the time since I knew next to nothing about the Sonic series, but then I actually went and got Sonic Rush and was thoroughly disappointed in that fanfic from then on.)

I don't really do Smash Bros pairings most of the time, just because IMO pairing up the Smash Bros cast doesn't make sense to me since it's the same version of them as in their respective games.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
:4myfriends:x:4zelda:. Another fanfic I remember reading a while back. If it wasn't obvious, :4link: was not happy about it. I don't remember, but I think it followed the whole "life happens" and :4zelda: had a falling out with :4link:, while :4myfriends: was either an affair she was having or a supportive friend who she fell for and I think :4myfriends: liked her too, but couldn't cause he felt he would infringe on destiny. Funny how Lana has blue hair too and she decided not to. Hyrule Warriors plot for those that are wondering.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, I announce a surprise pairing. It involves:4samus: and... drum roll please: :4zss:. They're a match made in heaven. Heck, :4samus: and :4zss: are bound together forever. :p

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Chrom is still her father no matter what timeline she's from. It's always wrong. And it's not :4robinm:.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The DS version isn't canon and Generations doesn't have a story.
Generations does have a story. It's not much, but it directly follows on from Colours. Eggman is shown to have found the Time Eater directly after the events in Sonic Colours (remember the cutscene after the credits in Colours?). The Time Eater is seemingly a leftover of the energy from the Nega Wisps Eggman created in Colours, and was formed after the black hole in Colours' ending, the black hole being the result of all of the negative Hyper Go-on energy being let loose.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic '06 magicked itself out of existence using time paradox stuff during the ending. As for SatBK, it and Secret Rings are both canon (they're referenced by Sonic himself in Generations), with Black Knight taking place immediately after Sonic Unleashed. Sonic somehow gets hijacked into the world of King Arthur on the way to his date with Amy. Now, you could argue that Sir Percival is not actually Blaze, but then there's the question of how her personality and appearance match up exactly. DId the story borrow Sonic's memories of his friends and use them as the Knights? If so, well, that says something about Sonic's opinion of Blaze. And if the story somehow based them off the real thing and not just Sonic's memories of them, well, there's more shipping evidence for you there too.

Even then, that completely ignores the ending of Sonic Rush, where Sonic and Blaze hold hands until the dimensional boundary forcibly pulls them apart. That's pretty shippy IMO.
Not to mention Sonic Rush Adventure's ending, where Blaze kinda seems like she's getting misty eyed when trying to say goodbye to Sonic.

SonicTeam765

Banned via Administration
NNID
SonicTeam765
Generations does have a story. It's not much, but it directly follows on from Colours. Eggman is shown to have found the Time Eater directly after the events in Sonic Colours (remember the cutscene after the credits in Colours?). The Time Eater is seemingly a leftover of the energy from the Nega Wisps Eggman created in Colours, and was formed after the black hole in Colours' ending, the black hole being the result of all of the negative Hyper Go-on energy being let loose.
The only reason I said that is because it's mostly Sonic friends been kidnapped go save them and find the chaos emeralds.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Not to mention Sonic Rush Adventure's ending, where Blaze kinda seems like she's getting misty eyed when trying to say goodbye to Sonic.

The only reason I said that is because it's mostly Sonic friends been kidnapped go save them and find the chaos emeralds.
Please take this to PMs. This is Smash. Not Sonic.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Please take this to PMs. This is Smash. Not Sonic.
I must agree. We don't want this to get too off topic and have this thread closed.

Today I'm having more interest in :4pit: x :4samus::4zss: recently. I guess I'm thinking more about it because of the Metroid and Kid Icarus history, in which both characters were born in the gaming industry in 1986, Metroid and Kid Icarus back then were kinda like sister games to each other (I think). Add that with the fact that KI:U had Metroid references with Pit himself making a Metroid reference with the Komayto (I think Metroid had a KI reference of the sort with 3 items needed to be collected in one of the games?) as well as the recent CSS having ZSS and Pit side by side, and yea... There you have it.
They could be an epic battle-ready duo, too.

Last edited:

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
I must agree. We don't want this to get too off topic and have this thread closed.

Today I'm having more interest in :4pit: x :4samus::4zss: recently. I guess I'm thinking more about it because of the Metroid and Kid Icarus history, in which both characters were born in the gaming industry in 1986, Metroid and Kid Icarus back then were kinda like sister games to each other (I think). Add that with the fact that KI:U had Metroid references with Pit himself making a Metroid reference with the Komayto (I think Metroid had a KI reference of the sort with 3 items needed to be collected in one of the games?) as well as the recent CSS having ZSS and Pit side by side, and yea... There you have it.
They could be an epic battle-ready duo, too.
There's also the fact that Pit and Zamus both debuted at the same time in Smash.

Top Bottom