• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete roster revealed? It was true!!!! (Except for Falcon/Olimar swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
No one here has proved ROB. No one has, period.

Once again, if you want to believe he's playable then that's your business, but that doesn't change the fact that he is an enemy. Or so my source says (Sakurai didn't say a thing about roster size).

Assuming, of course, Sakurai isn't wrong and, if he is, I'm going to kick his butt for making a monkey of me.
One of the only posts that actually made sense.
SALUTE!

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
This is really amusing stuff and all but ROB is playable whether we like it or not.

No one here has debunked ROB. No one has period.

Once again if you don't want to believe he's playable then that's your business but that doesn't change the fact that he is playable. Or so my source says (and no my source didn't say anything about 35 only, or this crappy list in general just NES ROB).

And JustABill and spindash in particular... Your slander hasn't changed anything. If you're waiting for the day when someone will absolutely prove ROB isn't playable you're out of luck because that day is NEVER going to come.

Assuming of course my source isn't wrong and if he is, I'm going to kick his butt for making a moneky out of me.
Okay first you tell us that we can believe what we want then you state ROB is playable as a fact? No, that is just what YOU believe. Also did your "sourse" happen to tell you that rob was playable from looking at the prophet's predictions? If so, then no one knows for sure. We will all know on the 31st though! :)

Boofer

Smash Ace
While the possibility exists that trophies can and will be collected in different ways than in Melee, using a basis of what we know to be previously true is a far more suitable course of applied logic than assuming outright it will not be true because it is not the same. Based on the logic you are trying to use, we could say that Mario is not playable just because he was in melee if he had yet to appear as a character, regardless of evidence we otherwise know to be true through supposition.

Using a Straw Man fallacy is incorrect in this case because ROB's deconfirmation, like any theory on these boards, is a hypothesis. That hypothesis is based on previously observed conditions and presented factual evidence, which is a natural course for logic. This makes the deconfirmation a more reasonable stance than a change of rules, therefore making you the user of the fallacy you linked us to.

You must recover!
I don't think Jayce was implying that it flat out will not be true because this is a different game. He was simply saying that it MIGHT not be true because it is a different game. This is exactly why R.O.B. has not yet been debunked.

wadeledge107

Smash Cadet
The mock up of the 35 character roster is probablly fake, please note that the R.O.B. in that picture is a picture of an ACTUAL R.O.B. not a 3D model.

The picture of the starting roster however, I find a bit more believable.

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothesis

Educate yourself

You must recover!
Maybe you should read through that yourself. A hypothesis is a guess. Just like I explained in the post you quoted. Based on evidence of their house you were in you could guess that their offspring uses glass cups too or that they also use glass cups in their vacation house. Which isn't a fact until you obtain the proof that it is true.

The people in this thread on the other hand are saying this hypothesis is true. Which in any case anything you can label as a hypothesis is neither true nor false until proven otherwise.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
IC wat you did thar

However, there is one good reason why ROB might be the only playable minion from the SSE. He's the only one who is Nintendo representative rather than a generic enemey cooked up by the staff.

On January 31st (or whenever a real confirmation is given), those who doubted that ROB was playable shall be dissapointed. And if I'm wrong (ie, my source is wrong) then I don't care because I don't want ROB anyway and that 35 character list sucks).

Azureliske

Smash Rookie
I don't think Jayce was implying that it flat out will not be true because this is a different game. He was simply saying that it MIGHT not be true because it is a different game. This is exactly why R.O.B. has not yet been debunked.
He wasn't saying things are true one way or the other. He was however implying that the evidence against ROB's debunction hypothesis is a straw man fallacy, and it is not.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
the mock up pic is made my Roster maker,a flash game that you can make a smash brawl roster....

Azureliske

Smash Rookie
My source told me that the great and mighty poo from Conker is playable.

But I should probably stop looking to the toliet for revelations. :urg:

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
He wasn't saying things are true one way or the other. He was however implying that the evidence against ROB's debunction hypothesis is a straw man fallacy, and it is not.
No, that post about strawman was in response to someone saying I was grasping at straws (I being dyslexic read this wrong and posted a link to the strawman wiki). What you're doing is an argument from ignorance, IIRC.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
Okay first you tell us that we can believe what we want then you state ROB is playable as a fact? No, that is just what YOU believe. Also did your "sourse" happen to tell you that rob was playable from looking at the prophet's predictions? If so, then no one knows for sure. We will all know on the 31st though! :)
No prophet's involved. I don't link spirituality with video games, that's just nonsense.

A game tester told me that ROB was playable and yes he's really a game tester who tested the game at NOA. When I was told ROB was playable I found it rather hard to believe myself but it's not out of the realm of possibility. ROB being playable is all that tester told me. If said tester is wrong then he's wrong. But I personally have no reason to lie about this... I'm not looking to be a profit. Just sharing what I've heard.

I hope that 35 character roster isn't legit and it really is just a culmination of various predictions and leaks and it also sucks... I want Isaac too much to fathom a Brawl without him... but since I was convinced ROB was indeed playable I have considered that the 35 roster isn't a fake (all images of it are, but I believe the 21 roster image is real because it doesn't look fake at all nor does the disc image going around).

Take it or leave it.

I know most of you will leave it. Call me a liar, a faker, a whatever... but I don't really care. I just want to be there when ROB is confirmed and people go nuclear. Because that will definently be amusing to me and anyone else who believes ROB is playable. But if he's not, then IMO the roster will probably be a lot better so that's no sweat off my nose.

In a huge sea of rumors, various facts are bound to get lost in the mix and people will do their best to try to debunk them for no other apparent reason than that they don't want those rumors or facts to be true. Plenty are fake some will be true. It's just the nature of these things. However, I do believe ROB is playable. I don't really understand how that will occur but I'll believe it until someone proves me (and in turn my source) wrong.

Azureliske

Smash Rookie
No, that post about strawman was in response to someone saying I was grasping at straws (I being dyslexic read this wrong and posted a link to the strawman wiki). What you're doing is an argument from ignorance, IIRC.
Which is what everyone on these boards has been doing and will keep doing until 1/31/08. You included. What's the point you are trying to make?

Also, your argument would appear to be the one more likely based on ignorance, due to the fact that your arguement consists of "Brawl isn't Melee" where the no ROB hypothesis uses some form of evidence from the Dojo and previously released games.

Nonetheless, no one really has anything to stand on, so I propose pie.

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
Which is what everyone on these boards has been doing and will keep doing until 1/31/08. You included. What's the point you are trying to make?

Also, your argument would appear to be the one more likely based on ignorance, due to the fact that your arguement consists of "Brawl isn't Melee" where the no ROB hypothesis uses some form of evidence from the Dojo and previously released games.

Nonetheless, no one really has anything to stand on, so I propose pie.
I'm not the one proposing anything as true though. Although I propose that Dutch Apple Pie is the most delicious pie followed closely by Key Lime and Lemon Meringue.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
No prophet's involved. I don't link spirituality with video games, that's just nonsense.

A game tester told me that ROB was playable and yes he's really a game tester who tested the game at NOA. When I was told ROB was playable I found it rather hard to believe myself but it's not out of the realm of possibility. ROB being playable is all that tester told me. If said tester is wrong then he's wrong. But I personally have no reason to lie about this... I'm not looking to be a profit. Just sharing what I've heard.

I hope that 35 character roster isn't legit and it really is just a culmination of various predictions and leaks and it also sucks... I want Isaac too much to fathom a Brawl without him... but since I was convinced ROB was indeed playable I have considered that the 35 roster isn't a fake (all images of it are, but I believe the 21 roster image is real because it doesn't look fake at all nor does the disc image going around).

Take it or leave it.

I know most of you will leave it. Call me a liar, a faker, a whatever... but I don't really care. I just want to be there when ROB is confirmed and people go nuclear. Because that will definently be amusing to me and anyone else who believes ROB is playable. But if he's not, then IMO the roster will probably be a lot better so that's no sweat off my nose.

In a huge sea of rumors, various facts are bound to get lost in the mix and people will do their best to try to debunk them for no other apparent reason than that they don't want those rumors or facts to be true. Plenty are fake some will be true. It's just the nature of these things. However, I do believe ROB is playable. I don't really understand how that will occur but I'll believe it until someone proves me (and in turn my source) wrong.
How long aqgo was it when he told you this? Did he mention any other secret characters?
If not then why just ROB? Well it seems it could go either way..but I hope its fake. :laugh:
It dosnt really matter to me much anyways I just wanna brawl!

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
I was told ROB was in the game back in December. That's all my source said. As you know... he could get fired if he gave out serious details about the roster, SSE and such. He shouldn't have even have said ROB was playable but eh... whatever.

It was long before that leak showed up and once again I only somewhat believe it because ROB is present. Because seriously that roster is awful.

smash_lord1050

Smash Apprentice
lol its fake theres no kirby between seamus and fox in the starting roster. wtf???. and then he just appears in the full roster. plz explain if ur smart enough

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I really doubt this is the roster, and doubt even more that ROB (either one of them for that matter) would be a PC.

M.K

Level 55
This is so fake, wow, it's entirely obvious. I'm just a kid, 9th grade, and this is blatently fake as far as the eye can see. 35 characters is perfect? Shut the hell up, it's not. There is no excuse for seven years of labor.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere, plotting to become dictator of smash w
I was told ROB was in the game back in December. That's all my source said. As you know... he could get fired if he gave out serious details about the roster, SSE and such. He shouldn't have even have said ROB was playable but eh... whatever.

It was long before that leak showed up and once again I only somewhat believe it because ROB is present. Because seriously that roster is awful.
That's wat they all say. "MY source wil get fired if he tells me more"
this is rediculous. everyones fighting. MODS PLEASE CLOSE ALL TOPICS CONCERNING THIS TOPIC ANDS SET UP A STICKY TOPIC PLEASE!

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
Um, is it just me, or is everybody missing the fact that there's no Animal Crossing character on that roster?

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
That is what they all say and that's why I don't expect anyone to believe me.

Once again, in a sea or rumors facts will get lost. We'll only know for sure when a real confirmation occurs. Until then I'll keep expecting ROB to be playable.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Hey Shortfuse. I think your trying to say this is the probable arrangement of how the roster will appear, not the actual roster itself. I don't believe this is the roster but I do believe this is likely how the arrangement will follow.

Anyway, if anyone hasn't noticed, that picture is a fake since its confirmed from the 2ch picture that Zelda and Sheik are both presentable in the player selection menu as sharing one space. Just a heads up, although most of you probably know that. Just wanted to clear that up. (I think Sheik will be selectable now actually after the first 6 Zelda color swaps and will be presented like Wario, who has 6 color swaps for his original Warioware costume and another 6 for his classic attire.)

So yeah, our starting roster does indeed make sense. We first had 8 starters in SSB. Then in Melee we had 14 starters, which was equal to the number of characters we received altogether from SSB. Looks like history will almost repeat, because from the 2ch picture, we have 25 "starter" characters which is equal to the total amount in Melee (Sheik didn't count back then since she wasn't treated with her own profile back, she was just an attack move, who happened to make a name for herself in tournaments). So if you count now, we have 18 characters + Zelda AND Sheik (who finally has her own official profile now on the Dojo, she didn't have one back in the Melee Dojo) + Samus and Zero Suit Samus + Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. That totals into 25 starters. So yeah. Looks like we do have some consistency in history, unlike the Dojo and their unpredictable way of giving updates.

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
Hhm, all very interesting in a kind of way. Then on the other hand you don't have to be a math whizz to be able to whip such an ordering system.

I took a short few minutes looking at the rooster and by chance thought:
if you add another column (four more) and another row (this time nine more, because we leave a free spot for random characters left and right) you have the new magic number of 48 (which was stated at other times) ( one column would give you another some other leaker's magical 38)... wow conspiracy... at the same time a row could be fit in between Samus and Kirby allowing us to slip Ridley into the rooster while all else can be arranged to stay the same... in the end, the possibilities are sheer endless.

On another note (actually all my notes have been mentioned one time or another...): leakers might have right information... well, better said one speck. In other words, there is one tidbit they know, while the other stuff they invent.
Or they're more well informed and purposely slip in false information to, for example, keep law suit issues away from them.

All in all and in the end it boils down to the fact, that chance is still too large a factor with these criteria, and only trust brings us further (sadly trust and the internet don't combine well, for whatever reasons :( )

The only thing we can do is try not to let things get under our skin... unless we like that...

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
I think we can at least confirm the the new small roster was obtained from a television set!

EPX2

Smash Ace
So yeah, our starting roster does indeed make sense. We first had 8 starters in SSB. Then in Melee we had 14 starters, which was equal to the number of characters we received altogether from SSB. Looks like history will almost repeat, because from the 2ch picture, we have 25 "starter" characters which is equal to the total amount in Melee (Sheik didn't count back then since she wasn't treated with her own profile back, she was just an attack move, who happened to make a name for herself in tournaments). So if you count now, we have 18 characters + Zelda AND Sheik (who finally has her own official profile now on the Dojo, she didn't have one back in the Melee Dojo) + Samus and Zero Suit Samus + Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. That totals into 25 starters. So yeah. Looks like we do have some consistency in history, unlike the Dojo and their unpredictable way of giving updates.
There were eight starting characters in Super Smash Bros. and four secret characters, making for a total of 12. Not 14.

And that theory still doesn't work since you're counting PT as three separate characters, when the DOJO doesn't.

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
I want it to be fake, only 2 3rd party characters, and overall quite a boring line up (4 Starfox characters!?)

I was expecting another surprise or 2. Mr G&W was hilarious when we found out about him, but ROB 64? What can he do!? :S

I don't think it's fake or real, I reserve judgement and wait for more evidence.
Same sentiment here. There's no WTF factor in this list at all, and the big series get so much representation they choke out the one-man franchises. Don't like it one bit.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
we should start referring to the 35 char roster as the lack-of-ridley-roster.

thats the roster we're getting, folks. deal with it.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Oh well. With a disappointing amount of newcomers, at least we can hope that some of the cloned vets will have new movesets. New Falco, Ganondorf, and WW Link/young link movesets. Ehh, but my favorite unlockable character is gone, unfortunately (mewtwo). Luckily it was at the expense of a character I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom