• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete roster revealed? It was true!!!! (Except for Falcon/Olimar swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
lmao, it's amazing how many people here and on GameFAQs don't realize that the picture is a mock-up...

When and how was NES ROB debunked? Because it's an enemy in SSE? ...
You collect PC trophies by beating modes with them. You have an item called trophy stand in Brawl, you toss it as NPC enemies in SSE to collect trophies of it. Therefore you get a trophy of ROB by using it. Debunked.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I didn't know ROB was completely disconfirmed as possible since the Leaks Index thread doesn't mention it.

The zelda icon is a good catch though. the 2chan pic was released the the supposed brawl disc picture.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
the real issue is that no one knows which ROB is being stated by any of these leakers. I know for a fact that they are not all in agreement on which ROB is supposedly in the final roster. This confusion alone should be the ultimate red flag of what appears to be an elaborate hoax.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
i think i can live with this roster but the problem is rob if he is playable why make him a generic enemy in sse? doesn't make sense

Cranky Kong

Smash Rookie
We know very little about NES R.O.B. regardless and being an SSE enemy doesn't exactly prove that it can't be a playable character as well...

Tfox

Smash Rookie
The only (weak) case that the 35 person roster can show is that they can make a smash character-sudoku work. Which wouldn't take more then ten minutes to imagine. Also, there is no evidence if the 2ch leak is real or not, for all we know, it could be a photoshop roster uploaded to a SD card to a TV. Nothing is concrete with this, and it only showcases the coat-tail prophit riders and easily swayed sheep.

Prophit Slaya.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I want it to be fake, only 2 3rd party characters, and overall quite a boring line up (4 Starfox characters!?)

I was expecting another surprise or 2. Mr G&W was hilarious when we found out about him, but ROB 64? What can he do!? :S

I don't think it's fake or real, I reserve judgement and wait for more evidence.

spindash

Smash Ace
lmao, it's amazing how many people here and on GameFAQs don't realize that the picture is a mock-up...

When and how was NES ROB debunked? Because it's an enemy in SSE? ...
NES R.O.B. was debunked upon the realization that all encounterable enemies are capable of being captured and turning in generic trophies to collect. This includes R.O.B.s The generic method to collecting trophies for characters themselves are Adventure Mode, Classic, and All-Star (should it make it's return).

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
The person who uploaded the 35 char roster isn't a prophet, I THINK, so that's why I say it could be Star Fox ROB instead. Of course, I could be wrong on that.
i'll bbl. sleep

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204

why do some faces look stretched while others appear normal?

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
R.O.B. the accessory can be collected by the trophy stand item as a generic enemy is SSE. OUT!
Got a screen shot to prove that? I'm aware of the way you collect SSE enemy/boss trophies however if you don't have a screen of ROB getting nabbed to be turned into a trophy then you've got noth'n.

And also, hasn't it occured to anyone here that the ROB that's playable could be a particular ROB Squad member? Just saying...

Marzy

Smash Cadet
Or I don't know, maybe Sakurai didn't want to reveal Sheik yet? Come on man. That proves nothing.
I agree, that picture looks pretty real to me. I won't say it's not fake though, as it could be. :ohwell:

Also what's with all this talk about ROB? I would have thought he would be the last character they would put in. I highly doubt he will be in it, that screenshot is just a fake. :confused:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Got a screen shot to prove that? I'm aware of the way you collect SSE enemy/boss trophies however if you don't have a screen of ROB getting nabbed to be turned into a trophy then you've got noth'n.

And also, hasn't it occured to anyone here that the ROB that's playable could be a particular ROB Squad member? Just saying...

GRASPIN AT STRAWS. ROB IS NOT PLAYABLE. :mad:

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Another thing: If characters are slid in, check a couple Wii channels. Bubbles that are slid in on the wii resize all the time, I see no reason why this should be any different. Things are repositioned and redone between demo and final version...

I just don't see any evidence in support of this.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
more proof it's fake taken from the Team Co-op update

Oh, nice catch. However, if that portrait is correct (in that they show both characters, Zelda and Sheik), how come Samus's picture doesn't show ZSS? Or how come PT's doesn't show all his Pokemon? Doesn't make sense.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
The way I see it, neither NES ROB nor StarFox ROB are debunked. There could be 2 different trophies for NES ROB as a character and as an enemy, and character trophies may be available via Coin Launcher.

As much as I would like to see this roster debunked (35 characters with no Ridley), so far IT HAS NOT BEEN DEBUNKED.

EDIT: With regards to the Zelda picture, there is no reason whatsoever that it couldn't simply have been changed.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
it doesn't matter if it was before Sheik was revealed. Sakurai never did it in Melee. what happens when you choose Zelda then?

saying Sakurai added it when Sheik was revealed is just a silly strawman argument.

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
Here we go again.. I still agree with JustABill that both ROB's have been debunked and so has this roster.
I honestly dont understand why people are arguing with the facts that Justabill gave, you guys act like you actually want ROB playable lol. You were tricked by the prophets again, get over it.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Nice catch!
I agree that Zelda's icon in the Dojo update does not include Sheik as it does on the infamous 2chan pic, but maybe the developers changed the icon between the dojo update and now? Also, ROB 64 appearing as a trophy in the coin tosser update could be a mistake, even though I doubt it.

For me, the abominabale 35-char rumor is still up there.

I so wish I still could believe in the Prima leak... Sigh.

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
Saying the icon couldn't change is a strawman argument. Pointing out that the Zelda icon came before Shiek was revealed and could have been changed is pointing out a possibility.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Sakurai wouldn't want to reveal Sheik yet? I really hope you're being sarcastic because that's a ridiculous claim.
Are you kidding? The guys proof that the sheik+zelda picture was false was a picture that was released before Sheik was revealed. If the icon from this supposed leak is real, he wouldn't have shown it before sheik's reveal, so what would he use? Zelda's solo pic of course.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
Is it?

They changed the promotional video showing the leak for Ness, Jigglypuff and Lucario only after stickers were annouced to be used to enhance characters playable in the SSE.

PT's image would be rather crowded with all his Pokemon, Olimar doesn't have his Pikimin either for that reason but I don't think they included Zero Suit next to Samus because you have to perform a final smash to play as Zamus where as with Sheik you just press down + B or A at the begining of a match (well I don't know about A for Brawl but I don't imagine they'd stop letting you do that).

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
Can't we just wait like a week for the whole roster, from the actual game

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
so why would they do this in Brawl all of the sudden? furthermore, why is Zelda the only one that gets this special treatment?
Because Brawl is a new game and they don't have some kind of invisible rule set that says they can't change an icon. Like I said, no trend from the previous Smash games mean **** for Brawl.

SilverSanctum

Smash Rookie
I think slamming the door closed on this and calling it debunked is a little hasty, as we don't know if the ROB from subspace will be the same as the playable version (could have different colorization, moveset, etc.) Hell, he could just be a fun extra afterthought that they they threw in, like making the wireframes playable for example. Remember, many people thought the original Melee roster was debunked because of G&W (or thinking Roy was Roy Koopa). Although I think the reality of this list is unlikely, I'll keep my mouth shut and wait to see how this all pans out.

Marzy

Smash Cadet
What kind of idoit would even put rob in the roster?
Exactly, he's not even in it as a playable character, the screenshot is clearly a fake. Anyone can tell it is, so I don't understand all this talk about ROB? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom