• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete roster revealed? It was true!!!! (Except for Falcon/Olimar swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman

Oh, nice catch. However, if that portrait is correct (in that they show both characters, Zelda and Sheik), how come Samus's picture doesn't show ZSS? Or how come PT's doesn't show all his Pokemon? Doesn't make sense.
objection! zss is part of samus final smash and sheik is part of zelda's move set and its pokemon trainer as the name of course he is the icon

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
so why would they do this in Brawl all of the sudden? furthermore, why is Zelda the only one that gets this special treatment?
Why change it... well do you remember in the Melee demo they only showed Sheik and Sheik had the spot on the selection screen? They weren't revealing that Zelda was also playable at the time. This is the same kind of thing.

Why only Zelda/Sheik get this double icon? Why not? Keep in mind you have to get the smash ball to play as Zamus and PT and Olimar's icons would be crowded with all their Pokemon and Pikimin.

And why would a leaker go to the trouble of making a new icon for Zelda that includes Sheik? Clearly it doesn't make the image any more believable so why bother?

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else notice that on the "supposed" starting roster pic Olimar has a red and blue pikman in his picture while on the dojo their is only a blue one?

Smash Apprentice
Are you kidding? The guys proof that the sheik+zelda picture was false was a picture that was released before Sheik was revealed. If the icon from this supposed leak is real, he wouldn't have shown it before sheik's reveal, so what would he use? Zelda's solo pic of course.
Why going through the trouble of making two different Zelda pics (solo and with Sheik) when they could have put Peach on Kirby's team on that image? (since he can save her too from Petey, in fact on the videos from the SSE Kirby goes with Peach after the fight :p)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You believers are so blind and sad it's not even funny any more. I'm going to bed. Hopefully you'll release you got duped when I sign back on.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
that was the demo NOT The REAL Game!!! It probably changed since he limited the selection and he hasn't revealed sheik at that time!!
Uh?

The demo is proven to have a similar select screen.
The icon is distorted and stretched.
Not a good mock-up at all.

Everybody stop lying to yourself.
Nobody can PROVE the roster, because all of you just going to plant a big
FAKE on it just to satisfy the need that your favorite character never got in
as a playable character, or other childish things.

I'm sure all of you don't want to spoil it for yourselves before the week is out...

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Actually, seeing a combination of these mock-ups makes me feel a little better about a 35 character roster, in the sense of quantity I mean. Lets say the 2chan image was accurate: 21 opening characters, exceeding Melee's starting lineup, with an opening for 14 unlockable characters, also exceeding Melee's. Really I guess I just feel nerfed because A) I've already known the identity of existing secret characters, but took them as standard characters, and B) because approximately 5 characters in the secret character lineup I have seen before (Omitting Young Link and Ganondorf because of possibility of a separate moveset). Nothing seems concrete yet, but at least if there is a 35 character lineup, I won't go completely crazy.

Azureliske

Smash Rookie
While the possibility exists that trophies can and will be collected in different ways than in Melee, using a basis of what we know to be previously true is a far more suitable course of applied logic than assuming outright it will not be true because it is not the same. Based on the logic you are trying to use, we could say that Mario is not playable just because he was in melee if he had yet to appear as a character, regardless of evidence we otherwise know to be true through supposition.

Using a Straw Man fallacy is incorrect in this case because ROB's deconfirmation, like any theory on these boards, is a hypothesis. That hypothesis is based on previously observed conditions and presented factual evidence, which is a natural course for logic. This makes the deconfirmation a more reasonable stance than a change of rules, therefore making you the user of the fallacy you linked us to.

You must recover!

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Look, could it be this you are speaking of?

Because the R.O.B. squad in my honest opinion cannot be playable.
Like this.

That means other generic enemies are playable then, WOO YEAH GREAPP! YEAHHHHHHH

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
You're the one grasping at straws attempting to debunk something by providing something that hasn't been proven to be true in Brawl. I'm pointing out there's a possibility that this isn't the case in Brawl because BRAWL ISN'T MELEE. You can disbelieve this roster or believe it or what ever, I don't care, I personally don't believe it. But you haven't debunked ****.

Hyper Luigi

Smash Ace
This is really amusing stuff and all but ROB is playable whether we like it or not.

No one here has debunked ROB. No one has period.

Once again if you don't want to believe he's playable then that's your business but that doesn't change the fact that he is playable. Or so my source says (and no my source didn't say anything about 35 only, or this crappy list in general just NES ROB).

And JustABill and spindash in particular... Your slander hasn't changed anything. If you're waiting for the day when someone will absolutely prove ROB isn't playable you're out of luck because that day is NEVER going to come.

Assuming of course my source isn't wrong and if he is, I'm going to kick his butt for making a moneky out of me.

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
While the possibility exists that trophies can and will be collected in different ways than in Melee, using a basis of what we know to be previously true is a far more suitable course of applied logic than assuming outright it will not be true because it is not the same. Based on the logic you are trying to use, we could say that Mario is not playable just because he was in melee if he had yet to appear as a character, regardless of evidence we otherwise know to be true through supposition.

Using a Straw Man fallacy is incorrect in this case because ROB's deconfirmation, like any theory on these boards, is a hypothesis. That hypothesis is based on previously observed conditions and presented factual evidence, which is a natural course for logic. This makes the deconfirmation a more reasonable stance than a change of rules, therefore making you the user of the fallacy you linked us to.

You must recover!
You have no proof to backup your claims. You're taking a piece of unproven evidence and claiming it as true. It's like going to someone's house seeing that every cup out is glass. Then claiming that their son's house or their vacation house is filled with glass cups too. Which is possible but it doesn't mean it's true.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
You're the one grasping at straws attempting to debunk something by providing something that hasn't been proven to be true in Brawl. I'm pointing out there's a possibility that this isn't the case in Brawl because BRAWL ISN'T MELEE. You can disbelieve this roster or believe it or what ever, I don't care, I personally don't believe it. But you haven't debunked ****.
This is garbage.

You all are subsiding as a bunch or prepubescent babies.

You CANNOT and I repeat CANNOT debunk something in which you don't have all the information in the world about your topic.

None of you have the truth when it comes to Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

The game is the only thing that has answers, and you're going to disappoint yourself on Jan. 31st.

Azureliske

Smash Rookie
You have no proof to backup your claims. You're taking a piece of unproven evidence and claiming it as true. It's like going to someone's house seeing that every cup out is glass. Then claiming that their son's house or their vacation house is filled with glass cups too. Which is possible but it doesn't mean it's true.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothesis

Educate yourself

You must recover!

Micahc

Smash Ace
This is really amusing stuff and all but ROB is playable whether we like it or not.

No one here has debunked ROB. No one has period.

Once again if you don't want to believe he's playable then that's your business but that doesn't change the fact that he is playable. Or so my source says (and no my source didn't say anything about 35 only, or this crappy list in general just NES ROB).

And JustABill and spindash in particular... Your slander hasn't changed anything. If you're waiting for the day when someone will absolutely prove ROB isn't playable you're out of luck because that day is NEVER going to come.

Assuming of course my source isn't wrong and if he is, I'm going to kick his butt for making a moneky out of me.
No one here has proved ROB. No one has, period.

Once again, if you want to believe he's playable then that's your business, but that doesn't change the fact that he is an enemy. Or so my source says (Sakurai didn't say a thing about roster size).

Assuming, of course, Sakurai isn't wrong and, if he is, I'm going to kick his butt for making a monkey of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom