• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Competitive Impressions | MLG Finals

Djent

Smash Champion
Mr-R advances over Fatality 3-1 and will face ScAtt; Ryo will play the winner of Reflex and GrimTurtle.

:4sheik: is the only character to appear twice in top 8.

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
ryo went 2-2 against 6wx's sonic and won the last game on an f-smash and an u-smash. its a good matchup for Ike, but its not like Sonic has absolutely no hope

Djent

Smash Champion
I think the MU will prove to be evenish in time. 6WX obviously learned a lot just in the course of the set, and I frankly think Ryo is a stronger player than Heero/Manny. But I'm no expert on either character, so ignore this if you'd like.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
6wx is probably the best Sonic in North America. Ryo forces Manny to switch characters.

We'd need komorikiri to play an Ike to see the MU fully. Since Komorikiri thinks Sonic wins pretty heavily.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
There's 1 important difference in that Ike is easy to waft. It's going to be... weird. Ike actually has few problems in neutral in that MU I believe.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Man. I can't get behind any of these characters lol. Shame about Ryo losing.

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
Reflex beats Ryo in an impressive 3-2 set. This MU is super interesting and I wish it could happen more often. My internet took a dump games 2-3, but from what I saw Reflex was just holding it a bit more together and so I'm glad he got the W (not for Wario).

Ike still made more money than Sonic and Ryu. :laugh:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Really good showing from both players. Ryo made a crucial mistake with that counter game 4.

Very excited to see Reflex made it this far, let's see how he far he gets.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Man Reflex with those god-like DIs, any lesser player would have been killed 10-times over by Ryo. That counter whiff was really unfortunate. Still good job Ryo for bringing Ike into top 8. The radiant flames are burning hot.

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
Reflex will fight the loser of ZeRo vs. Ally. That's a rough player draw and one of :4wario:'s worst MUs either way.
But he has triumphed over incredibly difficult odds so far, so we cannot count him out. :smash:

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Diddy, Sheik and Mario are Wario's worst MUs so this is gonna be really hard

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Mega Man is getting dumped on right now. This doesn't look very fair at all haha.

That Lylat glitch! What was that all about? Note to self, never pick Lylat with Roy.

Last edited:

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
I felt like he was trying too hard to get in on Mr. R's space. It might have been better if he stayed back a bit.

Radiant Hero

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mattiroquai
I can't believe how poor that Sheik vs. Mega Man match up was... I was hoping for a good comeback after that Uair into Bair (or was it Fair? I forgot) too. Hopefully this is just a bad showing of that MU though, like Ike vs. MK was at BH5.

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
lol at Mario's slide being safe on shield when hitting with the last frames. Looks like Stun Dipper. Didn't know that worked.

Last edited:

Rawbinator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HypothesisTest
ZeRo absolutely dominates Ally. Pretty sure I've seen all their matchups and none of them ever felt close. I think he needs to do something different...dunno what but SOMETHING

Also ZeRos ledge pressure is amazing

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Nairo going Doc...

I really couldn't not have seen this coming. What a close game 1.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Aaand pursuant to my earlier statement, Nairo goes Doc of all things, taking a game off of ESAM.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
"Muh doctor mario is one of the worst characters in the game". I always thought that was a bunch of BS. He's not even average, he's better than average.

Top Bottom