• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clowsui and Hilt present: RETRIBUTION//Results are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Isn't that how PS1 is though? :o The lava/transformation comes up. People run away from each other. Wait until it's over, and then get back to doing whatever it was they were doing? o-o
A lot of Stadium 1 is a set time that doesn't happen terribly often (every 30-40 seconds or something, right?), and six out of eight transformations don't cause heavy stalling (since we get four Normal phases), but many of Brinstar's issues are available whenever you want. You can shark a vast majority of the time, you can split the stage in two anytime it's not already split, and the hittable surfaces are almost always available unless a person goes out of his way to break them all (which is hard while fighting an opponent abusing them).

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
A lot of Stadium 1 is a set time that doesn't happen terribly often (every 30-40 seconds or something, right?), and six out of eight transformations don't cause heavy stalling (since we get four Normal phases), but many of Brinstar's issues are available whenever you want. You can shark a vast majority of the time, you can split the stage in two anytime it's not already split, and the hittable surfaces are almost always available unless a person goes out of his way to break them all (which is hard while fighting an opponent abusing them).
Is there anyone who is super amazing in an MK banned environment at sharking to really make that an issue here? O-o Also as someone said earlier lava to some degree stops sharking. I haven't really seen anyone abuse the stage splitting thing, so I don't really know how bad that is lol. Also the whole breaking that thing should be hard while fighting an opponent shouldn't it? o-o Isn't the hittable surface thing usable by everyone, or is the fact that it exists supposed to be bad? o-o

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Most of the biggest offenders are also really good at breaking the center. G&W (N-Air), R.O.B. (U-Air) and Pit (U-Air) do it alright. As far as breaking the center goes, I know Wario just has to non-fastfall D-Air to manage it, and he doesn't really have to worry about retaliation much if he's smart about it.

JTsm

Smash Master
Ness can split the stage real easily (while playing Red X) on Brinstar. Not saying he's broken, but I guess that's one example of a charcter wanting to split Brinstar in two. lol

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Most of the biggest offenders are also really good at breaking the center. G&W (N-Air), R.O.B. (U-Air) and Pit (U-Air) do it alright. As far as breaking the center goes, I know Wario just has to non-fastfall D-Air to manage it, and he doesn't really have to worry about retaliation much if he's smart about it.
I don't think I would mind any of those characters trying to shark me there lol. Is it really hard to approach them or anything after they break that middle part? It feels like it you position yourself right they wouldn't really be able to make a whole lot out of breaking that. I really don't know a whole lot about why certain characters are great on Brinstar lol. o-o Also do any of those characters auto-win there or anything? It just seems like it's just a solid cp for them. o-o

EDIT: Also we should play at this Reflex. :D I want to learn the Wario/PT MUs better, and you should show me Brinstar tricks unless it is still banned by then. :O

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Is Blue Rogue coming to this tournament? What About Fizzle? What about Overswarm?

Y.b.M. is 100 percent confirmed for going... I'll be in Cincinnati for like 9 days proir to this tournament.

Ummm TKO, please bring some bottles! And everyone is coming out with me.... We need to enjoy the night and take lots of pictures. I won't let the God Kais Legacy end on a bad note.... We goin in!

Kel

Smash Master
YbM, go to the sttelers game with us the day after this tournament!

This thread sucks.

Chi, you flip flop more than Romney.

I'm pretty sure ridley is a Michiganer. My guess is Roller, but I'm not putting too much thought into it.

I still stand that we should have the entire thing be SV only. Everyone strikes there anyway and anyone who is remotely good at the game plays entire sets on the stage anyway. Just cut through all the BS and force everyone to play there. Stop relying on gay stages like FD and yoshi. Man up and fight me on SV. (once again, NOT trolling)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Haha You know thats impossible unless they are free... I'm on a tight budget... We are going to destroy those Stupid Steelers...

Also, Jake I get all of my blackness from you....

And I need to take pictures with everyone I don't have pictures with... I wanna take these moments back to Dallas with me

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Haha You know thats impossible unless they are free... I'm on a tight budget... We are going to destroy those Stupid Steelers...

And I need to take pictures with everyone I don't have pictures with... I wanna take these moments back to Dallas with me
I can't believe I'm gonna say this...but go Bengals!

I hope parents will let me go! I don't think I've seen you in forever!

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I still stand that we should have the entire thing be SV only. Everyone strikes there anyway and anyone who is remotely good at the game plays entire sets on the stage anyway. Just cut through all the BS and force everyone to play there. Stop relying on gay stages like FD and yoshi. Man up and fight me on SV. (once again, NOT trolling)
What are you, Illinois???????

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850

Ive always wanted a picture with will smith!!!!!!

:phone:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Yeahhh, as long as they pay the bills, I make sure to keep them informed. Plus, I'm really close to my parents and i don't want to worry them. I already pulled a stunt last year where I went with Pittsburgh melee to the big house without telling them first
We drove straight through my home town too. It was funny....but they were mad/scared for my safety xD

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I already pulled a stunt last year where I went with Pittsburgh melee to the big house without telling them first
We drove straight through my home town too. It was funny....but they were mad/scared for my safety xD

just kidding Lokii, my parents are kinda the same way.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Not to mention her parents may be concerned with super-thirsty smashers...
^harmless. any smasher who'd actually want to get at her wouldn't have the balls to say it and instead would make snide comments from afar

(except for that one guy I think you were/are dating the last time I was in Ohio)

Yeahhh, as long as they pay the bills, I make sure to keep them informed. Plus, I'm really close to my parents and i don't want to worry them. I already pulled a stunt last year where I went with Pittsburgh melee to the big house without telling them first

I mean you've been to tournaments before tho I've met you at least twice now and I've only been to Ohio 4 times.

I guess I could understand tho. I'm not really close to my Dad (even tho he lives like 10 mins away from me) but i'm close to my Mom she didn't like the Idea of me going to tourneys when I was in High School but now she doesn't care. lol

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
how did you even pull that out of what I said. LMAO

Edit: OH WAIT LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I meant the one guy Lokii MIGHT HAVE been dating. I didn't question it but I just figured because if they way they were around each other so much

but then again I thought Rikku and Auspher where dating when I first met Rikku for the same reason tho.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
lol

Time to stand around girls a lot so it appears we're dating
creeper status be damned

Mission accepted

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I like the recognition?

Sometimes it's just nice to pretend?

Yolo?

Status