• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clowsui and Hilt present: RETRIBUTION//Results are up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yes, I am a serious player that will probably win. You can find videos of me on youtube.

Your new favorite Brawler is now me, congratulations. :)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Hello competitive smashers. I have never attended a tournament before, and plan to attend this one.

I have a few questions.

Any serious players showing up? (By serious, I mean well-known and likely to win) If so can you tell me names to find on YouTube?

I do plan on being eliminated fairly early, but I'm still going to try my hardest. I only started learning this game seriously a couple months ago.

I'm 17 and I main Diddy Kong. Do you think I'll be able to find some competitive matches outside of the actual bracket that won't necessarily be a money match? I don't want to go bankrupt losing to pros!

My favorite Brawler is Gnes, but I know he won't be showing up seeing as he lives in Texas lol.

Also, Ally is the person who inspired me to learn the games mechanics more in-depth. I don't play Snake, but his impressive skill got me wondering if I could ever be that good. Would be cool to watch Ally play.

ANY answering of my post in very appreciated! I live here in Cincinnati so me losing won't be a huge deal travel wise lol.
There will be plenty. MJG, Kain, Zinoto, Player-1, DRN...I don't feel like going through the thread, but, rest assured, there will be many.

Many people will be happy to play competitive matches without asking for money in advance. I know I would be. The scene doesn't really run on money--You can expect to get plenty of friendlies with all sorts of people.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Hello competitive smashers. I have never attended a tournament before, and plan to attend this one.

I have a few questions.

Any serious players showing up? (By serious, I mean well-known and likely to win) If so can you tell me names to find on YouTube?

I do plan on being eliminated fairly early, but I'm still going to try my hardest. I only started learning this game seriously a couple months ago.

I'm 17 and I main Diddy Kong. Do you think I'll be able to find some competitive matches outside of the actual bracket that won't necessarily be a money match? I don't want to go bankrupt losing to pros!

My favorite Brawler is Gnes, but I know he won't be showing up seeing as he lives in Texas lol.

Also, Ally is the person who inspired me to learn the games mechanics more in-depth. I don't play Snake, but his impressive skill got me wondering if I could ever be that good. Would be cool to watch Ally play.

ANY answering of my post in very appreciated! I live here in Cincinnati so me losing won't be a huge deal travel wise lol.
Seek me out at the tournament and I'll show you the ropes. Nice to see newcomers this late in the game.

What's The Point

Smash Master
See Ridley, this is a real new person.

Anyway, don't MM people. Just ask if they want to play. Most people say yes. You'll want to talk to Player 1 because he uses Diddy and knows a lot of Diddy things. You will then want to talk to Zinoto so he can tell you how to actually win with them.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I got my first Boy Crazy booster the other day and I'm pretty sure they took several of the pictures by surprise

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I probably won't have too much cash to spare, but I'm down to get some mms in at this. Hit me up if anyone wants some Peach action. :denzel:

clowsui

Smash Legend
Okay guys. Announcement post right now.

1. 2 stock, 6 minute pools*
In the interest of saving time, we're doing 2-stock, 6-minute pools. This should save us roughly 1 hour of tournament time given 16 setups (which is a pretty pathetic number of setups IMO but I have to play with worst case scenarios here).

This also gives players the bonus of not getting "burnt out" during pools.

2. Windjammers Qualifiers/Windjammers RR**
Windjammers is and has been the hidden Arcade Legacy tradition.

So let's make it not so hidden this time! Windjammers this time will be featured as a tournament game at Arcade Legacy. The prizes are as follows:

Nothing other than what the participants put in for a pot :troll:

(no but seriously guys help me think of a decently inexpensive prize)

That being said...

We don't have that much time. So in the interest of saving time, we will have an 8-man round robin at the arcade itself.

FOUR seeds are already determined for this tournament! (Not listed in any order)

Jesse (Arcade Legacy owner)
TheReflexWonder
WTP
Sneakytako

But what about the other four spots?

One or two qualifiers (most likely 2 unless Juu has no time) will be held before the tournament itself online using GGPO (obtained here http://ggpo.net/download/) and a Neo-Geo ROM of Windjammers. These online qualifiers will be held in a double elimination format by Juushichi, who will give all participants the date for the online qualifier.

I will keep track of registrants by PM and forward it to Juu at the cutoff date described below.
The cut-off date for the first qualifier will be: next Wednesday, October 3rd
So if you want to participate, please PM me!

If we have time, we'll feature the "deciding match" of the qualifier on the projector.

3. Brinstar is banned. So is Metaknight.

Just to make sure everyone knows.

4. AiB/Signature - Click I am Attending/Change your Sig!
Guys check the OP. There's a way for quite a few people to get free entry, and all it requires you guys to do is just PRESS A BUTTON ON AiB OR CHANGE YOUR SIG!!!

So please help me advertise.

5. Setups/Power Strips*

This tournament is not going to be any fun if we don't have any setups. Right now I have 10 TVs guaranteed so far, and three Wiis. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that you guys can bring TVs and Wiis. I am really hoping for at LEAST 20. If we could have 24 that would be amazing. 24 TVs would save us quite a bit of time and allow us to have a lot of friendlies (eventually).

So if I could get a list of TVs and Wiis after this post, that'd be great. Power strips would be appreciated too!

* I will run 3-stock pools provided that I get 26 TVs confirmed AND that's what people prefer.
** If less than 16 people sign up for the first qualifier we'll just run it at the venue.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Why not just have an actual tourny for wind jammers? Not this 8 man round robin ****. I only say this because i'd like to participate but have no time for online qualifiers... lol.

:phone:

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yo dawg read da post we have no time either lol

If it so happens that like...less than 16 ppl sign up for qualifiers we can just run dat S at the venue, sure

clowsui

Smash Legend
I need a bare minimum of 26 setups confirmed for me to run 3-stock pools.

I technically only need 21 but ******s gonna *** and they're going to flake so I need a buffer of 5 "confirmed" TVs.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
My carpool can probably bring 3 Wiis to this, and I can bring a powerstrip. :o At least 2 Wiis though.

EDIT:Also i'll see what we can do about a t.v. as well. ^_^

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think the idea is to motivate players to bring more if they have a problem with the current plan.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Pretty much what Reflex said

also the buffer isn't really arbitrary lol, 21 TVs is based on a strict calculation and 25 TVs is based on the fact that at least 20% of the "guaranteed" setups any tournament host has, at a larger tournament, are actually not guaranteed and are "floating", so to speak

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Should have a strip and I always bring the Wii.

This is going to be a strange transition because I will literally be in Athens the week of this event, haha. I guess I will just have to come home on Friday instead of Saturday and cut short the time with the homies of OUGA.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
2 stock pools, 6 mins sounds terrible. In that regard, I can bring a TV, to assist with that not happening, and WTP prob will have one in his car as well. My wii is booty so I won't bother bringing that lol.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
2 stock pools, 6 mins sounds terrible. In that regard, I can bring a TV, to assist with that not happening, and WTP prob will have one in his car as well. My wii is booty so I won't bother bringing that lol.

I agree, but a lot of people want 2 stock format to lower the time that matches take.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I agree, 2 stock 6 mins sounds pretty "meh". If you gotta do it, you gotta do it but yeah hopefully not.

I can possibly bring a TV down if someone needs something to hook their stray Wii up to.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Like if I see less than 25 TVs confirmed in the thread but on the day of somehow 21 magically appear of course I'll do 3 stock pools lol. I'm just trying to motivate people to bring setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom