• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Ganon: The Original King Of Evil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Have you even played a single game with Ganon in it?
Yes, all of them. In Skyward Sword, Ghirahim's got double swords, he's got a big BF sword, for half the fight he doesn't use a sword at all. There is so much variety in the weapons he uses, and you can't confine his moveset to a single one. Ganon always has his trident, and mostly just shoots fire at you. He warps around sometimes, which is an interesting move, but it's not enough on its own.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
How about something to do with that sword Demise uses for his final smash?

Last edited:

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
As a lifelong Zelda fan, Ganon is the only Zelda newcomer I would care to see in the game right now. If he was included, I would be perfectly fine with keeping Falcondorf this time.

Add me to the supporters please!

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I have to say, I never once thought about Classic Ganon being a playable character. But now that I have, he's the only Zelda newcomer that actually looks really interesting to me.

Consider me a supporter.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I'd be alright with Ganon. In fact, when I thought about it, and seeing that the other Zelda characters (sans TLink) are based on their TP designs, I pondered what Ganon might look like TP styled.

But that's Beast Ganon!
Or is it? Just straighten that back and...

Minus the gash and plus the classic Ganon outfit, I think he'd look cool as hell.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
I'd be alright with Ganon. In fact, when I thought about it, and seeing that the other Zelda characters (sans TLink) are based on their TP designs, I pondered what Ganon might look like TP styled.
But that's Beast Ganon! Or is it? Just straighten that back and...

Minus the gash and plus the classic Ganon outfit, I think he'd look cool as hell.
I think this would be ideal, seeing as they appear to be using TP designs for the Zelda characters in this iteration. Designing Ganon like this would require a little imagination on Sakurai's part. I'm hoping that he considers it worthwhile.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think this would be ideal, seeing as they appear to be using TP designs for the Zelda characters in this iteration. Designing Ganon like this would require a little imagination on Sakurai's part. I'm hoping that he considers it worthwhile.
I don't think Sakurai has to design a TP-esque Ganon, if I recall correctly it was the Zelda team who made the TP version of Sheik so he can just ask them if he wants a classic TP-eque Ganon concept design to use.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Twilight Princess Ganon (and Ganondorf for that matter actually) is too gritty and dark for my liking.

I really like the 80's anime influence on the original Ganon design. Hope if we do get him, it's this one.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Twilight Princess Ganon (and Ganondorf for that matter actually) is too gritty and dark for my liking.

I really like the 80's anime influence on the original Ganon design. Hope if we do get him, it's this one.
That one looks a little to silly for me. Somewhere in between would be nice. I really like the style of the blue Ganon, but I like the badass looks of TP Ganon.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
That one looks a little to silly for me. Somewhere in between would be nice. I really like the style of the blue Ganon, but I like the badass looks of TP Ganon.
The picture probably isn't the best, but the design in general is what I'm fond of.

ALBW's Ganon is pretty spot on. More menacing while still retaining the classic 80's anime look.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Although I support K. Rool, Ganon is THE heavy weight villain I would be most excited about (except for Ridley, but I'm not even sure he would be a heavy weight.)

The biggest reason he should be in is because he would really be the ONLY character repping the 2D Zelda games.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Honestly, his ALttP/ALBW design is probably his best look imo and I would like it most if he had that design going for him in the Smash Bros games.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I wonder, with Ridley-heavily-implied-to-be-playable, some implications about K. Rool, and Ganondorf to yet be announced, that there would be too many heavyweight characters...

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Sakurai has to design a TP-esque Ganon, if I recall correctly it was the Zelda team who made the TP version of Sheik so he can just ask them if he wants a classic TP-eque Ganon concept design to use.
I heard that the Zelda team had already made concept art for Sheik in Twilight Princess that ended up going unused, and Sakurai just used that for Brawl.

All Zelda characters that have appeared in Smash have used pre-existing designs, with just accompanying graphical changes. I do think it is possible that they could make a bipedal form of the TP Ganon, however that level of redesign is unprecedented in Smash (for the Zelda franchise at least).

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I wonder, with Ridley-heavily-implied-to-be-playable, some implications about K. Rool, and Ganondorf to yet be announced, that there would be too many heavyweight characters...
Considering characters with a weight of 110+ heavyweight, we have Bowser, Donkey Kong, Snake, King Dedede, and Charizard. That's five.

Adding Ridley, King K. Rool, and Ganon would make 8.

8/48(ish) isn't bad at all.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I heard that the Zelda team had already made concept art for Sheik in Twilight Princess that ended up going unused, and Sakurai just used that for Brawl.
According to Hyrule Historia, the Twilight Princess-esque design for Sheik was drawn for Super Smash Bros Brawl as it depicted what TP Zelda would have looked like if she transformed into Sheik.

According to Hyrule Historia at least....

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Considering characters with a weight of 110+ heavyweight, we have Bowser, Donkey Kong, Snake, King Dedede, and Charizard. That's five.

I would like to see

Super Heavy: 3/50

Heavy: 8/50

Mid: 22/50

Light: 12/50

Super Light: 5/50

Edit: forgot SH

Last edited:

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
According to Hyrule Historia, the Twilight Princess-esque design for Sheik was drawn for Super Smash Bros Brawl as it depicted what TP Zelda would have looked like if she transformed into Sheik.

According to Hyrule Historia at least....
Yeah I just found it: http://www.glitterberri.com/hyrule-historia/page-174/

Personally I would be fine with either look. A variant of the TP design would look great and fit nicely with the rest of the revealed Zelda characters, but the Link Between Worlds Ganon may be easier to pull off, just because it is already made.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig

Snake probably won't be returning so still isn't bad at all

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I know I only just posted that model yesterday, but let's take another brief look, this time with some armor...

Doesn't look too bad, right? Granted, I'm not too fancy with modeling...

fill

20EggsEggs
So it seems like most people are on the same page that Ganondorf is getting some kind of rework happening to him. The two best scenarios i've heard so far is either Pig Ganon ( which i prefer ) or he gets Ike's moveset if Ike is cut. i could see the Ike -> Ganondorf thing happening. Whats everyones thoughts?

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
So it seems like most people are on the same page that Ganondorf is getting some kind of rework happening to him. The two best scenarios i've heard so far is either Pig Ganon ( which i prefer ) or he gets Ike's moveset if Ike is cut. i could see the Ike -> Ganondorf thing happening. Whats everyones thoughts?
I wouldn't be too hurt honestly, since although it wouldn't be an original move set at least Ganon will stop being a Capt falcon clone. Although, still only move that hate towards him being an Ike clone /:

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
I know I only just posted that model yesterday, but let's take another brief look, this time with some armor...

Doesn't look too bad, right? Granted, I'm not too fancy with modeling...
It's a good concept. Do you think you can put him in a DK-like standing position? In the T position it makes his short legs look a little jarring.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
It's a good concept. Do you think you can put him in a DK-like standing position? In the T position it makes his short legs look a little jarring.
Unfortunately, he's not rigged to any bones yet, so I can't change his pose right now.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I would like playing as an Ike Ganon, but only because I like using Ike. It would still be very lame though because if that happened, they would just be ripping off another moveset.

I would love to see Ganondorf with Ike's A and aerials and his own specials and smashes. Still Pig Ganon is favorable.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I too vastly prefer the original Ganon art for its aesthetic qualities (the similarity to older 80s anime art direction). That's the same reason I greatly prefer the original design for Takamaru over the Dynasty Warriors design (and would prefer they use that design for him if he appears in this game).

The older Zelda games (up to about the Oracle games) really reveled in that old anime style, and it's something that I feel has been lost and missing in the newer titles, especially in games like Twilight Princess. I'd like to have an older design used for Ganon so that it contrasts with Twilight Ganondorf in the same way that Toon Link contrasts with Link.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I was thinking more of like his appearance in the Oracle games.

Except with the 3ds/Wii U graphics of course, but that black armor definitely needs to be included.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

I've got to admit, I would laugh my pants off if his portrayal in SSB4 is anything like the one in the cartoon.

But I suppose we already have Falcondorf for unintentional hilarity.

Morbi

Scavenger
I would like playing as an Ike Ganon, but only because I like using Ike. It would still be very lame though because if that happened, they would just be ripping off another moveset.

I would love to see Ganondorf with Ike's A and aerials and his own specials and smashes. Still Pig Ganon is favorable.
Ike Ganon would still be better than Captain Falcon Ganondorf (IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom