• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Ganon: The Original King Of Evil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
That moveset picture is what made me really want Ganon in, actually.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Better. The blue's a little overwhelming, though.

I messed with the colors a bit and think this looks better.

Is there any way we can give him eyes, though?
To MSPaint!

In all seriousness though, I kind of like the glowing eyes. Makes him come off more ruthless and evil, although nowhere near as scary as the pig from Amittyville Horror. (Let's see if anybody has ever read the book d: )

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
His model in ALBW shows colors

Still dark? I think it's the lighting in this scene.

Also spoilers, but I'd like this as an alt color if he gets in.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
To MSPaint!

In all seriousness though, I kind of like the glowing eyes. Makes him come off more ruthless and evil, although nowhere near as scary as the pig from Amittyville Horror. (Let's see if anybody has ever read the book d: )
I think he looks much better without pupils.
I guess I'm in the minority that thinks the eyes make him look more intelligent.

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
Old Fashion Ganon is definitely a character I support, and would not mind in the least if he replaced Ganondorf. I feel if Ganon and K.Rool made it into the game we would have a very nice selection of heavy weight characters to balance out with the mid and lightweights. That being said, I do have doubts he would make it in (hopefully the new Zelda game on 3DS would increase his chances). Ganondorf always seems to get the short end of the stick, while all the zelda characters seem to get a lot of attention (Bar Toon Link who I don't understand how they cant come up with a separate move set), Ganondorf always gets stuck being a Captain Falcon clone for some reason. I would really like to see Sakurai actually put some time and effort into the fist fighting warlock. All ganondorf talk aside, the best case scenario for me would be Ganondorf being replaced by the spear wielder Ganon and creating a whole new interesting heavy weight.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I agree, that move-set was very interesting. I am mostly alluding to those specials. I have been on the fence about Ganon vs. Ghirahim for the longest time, but not any more.
On the fence between Ghirahim and Ganon? Hmm

On a side note I'm diggin' all the one piece avatars that I've been seeing around the boards! @ Topplox Topplox

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Why will Nintendo not draw Ganon with his outfit from ALttP? With the vest?
Nintendo always uses this Oracles outfit!

I wish the NES sprite was representative of his official 1986 art. I am so fond of this sprite but it seems to have no canonical value.
We may never see an official visual update to that cyan pig clothed in red.
Please do not type about Satellaview Zelda on the SNES. That was their opportunity...

Last edited:

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the icons and rip, AncientTobacco. Sorry for not thanking you earlier. If I used one, it would certainly be the NES Ganon one.
I've been working on the NES Ganon moveset, and I've decided to minimize a certain thing I previously embraced about it.
Observing Ganon's ears, I always prefer the floppy ones in the fourth icon and the raised pointy ones in the fifth picture. He only raises his ears in the NES versions.

Last edited:

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
I remember seeing that painting of Ganon the first time. It was online. It was my second indicator that pig Ganon would finally be in a game after all these years. The first indicator was a spoiler in a popular TLoZ website. It was an article. It's title confirmed there would be a Dark World in ALBW. Knowing who created the Dark World, I was simultaneously angered and intrigued to know pig Ganon would appear. Certainly, I would have rather not known that the Dark World was in it. But it was a sneaky spoiler; I should have been avoiding such websites.
I dislike how similar ALttP Ganon fights compared to Dracula in Castlevania. Thankfully things like the trident differentiates them.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
As uttered before, I really don't like 2 Links, Zelda's and Ganons in a game. They can replace Dorf for the Manbearpig and nobody would really bat an eye other than losing a character from 2 iterations. Not like we're losing too much since he is in fact a clone. Its something that should have been corrected in brawl and what may be an easier solution for sm4sh.

I was thinking about it the other day, and I think a character who can't jump and only has his Up B to recover would be really interesting. A massive heavy weight with insane reach and power. He would be obnoxiously slow, but this type of character would have incredible reach so that wouldn't really matter. He would find an area to control and clobber anyone who gets near him. His weight would make him basically unmovable until very high percentages. Like a legitimate boss character. Comparable to Hulk Davidson from that mediocre Viewtiful Joe fighting game.

A trident wielding Ganon could fit the bill nicely if they pulled it off. I'm not gung-ho for the idea (it has potential to be awful) but I'm wondering what you guys think. A super strong, super slow, Ganon with awesome reach and abysmal recovery.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I was thinking about it the other day, and I think a character who can't jump and only has his Up B to recover would be really interesting. A massive heavy weight with insane reach and power. He would be obnoxiously slow, but this type of character would have incredible reach so that wouldn't really matter. He would find an area to control and clobber anyone who gets near him. His weight would make him basically unmovable until very high percentages. Like a legitimate boss character. Comparable to Hulk Davidson from that mediocre Viewtiful Joe fighting game.

A trident wielding Ganon could fit the bill nicely if they pulled it off. I'm not gung-ho for the idea (it has potential to be awful) but I'm wondering what you guys think. A super strong, super slow, Ganon with awesome reach and abysmal recovery.
That would be called a turtle in other games. Dhalism is an example (although he's not heavyweight).

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I support him. The idea of having turn invisible for rolls and dodges is very cool and true to the character, while also giving us a new niche (heavy, strong, mix up fighter).

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman

The idea of being unable to jump seems interesting on paper, but I think in practice it would be extremely off-putting. That would essentially restrict him to left and right, cutting his options in half.

Besides Ganon has shown to be relatively mobile in his boss fights in the 2D games, teleporting around the field and whatnot. I think that just giving him a low jump height would suffice.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
The idea of being unable to jump seems interesting on paper, but I think in practice it would be extremely off-putting. That would essentially restrict him to left and right, cutting his options in half.

Besides Ganon has shown to be relatively mobile in his boss fights in the 2D games, teleporting around the field and whatnot. I think that just giving him a low jump height would suffice.
Yeah in a 2D game, you need to be able to go into both dimensions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom