• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Ganon: The Original King Of Evil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Funny, JFM2796! Instead of a jump, pressing up could put Ganon into a new stance, where he uses aerial moves? That could replace his lack of jumps. Anyway, to everyone, I did not forget to create a moveset for NES Ganon. I have the specials generally completed, so please await the set patiently.

Haibu

Smash Rookie
I was disappointed by the lack of Ganon(dorf) news over E3, so I reworked Ganon with a little more of an NES/SNES feel to him to cheer me up... Gotta keep that trident!

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Thank you, Haibu. I especially appreciate that you chose Ganon's NES face. And his general NES clothing style.

fill

20EggsEggs
@ Haibu Haibu nice job. So iv'e been thinking that maybe since the roster was finalized early in development that maybe they might have some loz:albw influence since it came out the same time XY came out and we ended up with greninja. But since they already knew the classic ganon was being used that they might use classic ganon for smash4. I know they had ganondorf in the "robot chicken" E3 videos, but they have two of every LoZ character. and it seems most villians are being kept hidden until after release. Just an idea

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
That drawing is fantastic. I personally prefer Ganon's appearance in the final battle of ocarina of time, but I'm rather of fond of ganon regardless of incarnation.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Might as well add him.

Ideally, I'd want him to replace Ganondorf.

But my ideal Zelda Roster would be: Link, Zelda, Ganon, Vaati, Skull Kid, Impa.

Not two Links, Two Zeldas, and Two Ganons. So why not just have two of each

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Eh, what the hell. I support. Ganon's always caught my interest.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Alright, the OP has been updated. I added another argument and updated/modified the supporter list. Plus some minor tweaks.

I wonder why so many people think Ganondorf and Ganon can't/shouldn't co-exist in Smash. Personally, I think they both deserve to be in. And we have multiple Links and Zeldas anyway; Why not another Ganon?

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Add me to the supporter list. Paper Mario and Ganon are my two favorite alternate characters that could potentially be in Smash.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I thought of some potential victory poses for Ganon:

Victory #1: A bat swoops into the field, transforming into Ganon. He glares menacingly at the screen, his eyes glowing.
Victory #2: Ganon briefly twirls his Trident before planting it towards the ground. On his right hand glows the Triforce of Power, and he makes a low laugh at the defeated characters.
Victory #3: Ganon creates a ring of fire around him (think the attack from ALTTP), which turns into a pillar of fire. He does this to show off his magical prowess.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
For a bit after E3 I thought maybe we might not get a new Zelda character, but it seems possible now and who better than the original King of Evil, Ganon, The Big Blue Monster himself.

Keep in mind Monster Ganon would be a new character, and thanks to Yuga, he might be likely if you think about it for a minute, and if you look at the roster now, unless Zelda gets that Hilda costume, there is absolutely nothing to represent LBTW.

Ganon needs something new and perhaps his monster form can help with that, again after seeing the Lucina and Robin reveal, and the fact that there is nothing new with Zelda characters, its either one of the following, Ganondorf return with new move set or Ganon replaces Ganondorf, take your pick.

I also want to briefly mention Ghirahim still lurks about hoping to replace Ganon, but I'm not to certain if that's even possible, unless of course Ganon appeared as his final smash, but I don't think I want that, I don't know, have to see what happens.

fill

20EggsEggs
For a bit after E3 I thought maybe we might not get a new Zelda character, but it seems possible now and who better than the original King of Evil, Ganon, The Big Blue Monster himself.

Keep in mind Monster Ganon would be a new character, and thanks to Yuga, he might be likely if you think about it for a minute, and if you look at the roster now, unless Zelda gets that Hilda costume, there is absolutely nothing to represent LBTW.

Ganon needs something new and perhaps his monster form can help with that, again after seeing the Lucina and Robin reveal, and the fact that there is nothing new with Zelda characters, its either one of the following, Ganondorf return with new move set or Ganon replaces Ganondorf, take your pick.

I also want to briefly mention Ghirahim still lurks about hoping to replace Ganon, but I'm not to certain if that's even possible, unless of course Ganon appeared as his final smash, but I don't think I want that, I don't know, have to see what happens.
i would rather have ganon over dorf, but i don't think they will cut the dorf, and he was in the E3 "robot chicken". but i do think he is likely, theres no new villians yet and with the zelda/sheik split and also having link and TL it makes sense to have two of the big zelda characters, but then again i'm bad at guessing sakurai and it would mean reworking dorf(which i think is happening) AND adding a complety new heavy character.. 2 cents

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Ganon needs something new and perhaps his monster form can help with that, again after seeing the Lucina and Robin reveal, and the fact that there is nothing new with Zelda characters, its either one of the following, Ganondorf return with new move set or Ganon replaces Ganondorf, take your pick..
I pick the option where Ganondorf returns and we get Ganon in addition.

Two Links, two Zeldas and two Ganons.
Ghirahim has no hopes of replacing Ganondorf. His only chance is getting in as the 6th Zelda rep.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I've posted this before, but not on this thread

There is a clear and obvious reason why beast ganon will be playable over ghirahim

We have 2 links and 2 zeldas already. Once we get 2 ganons the pattern will be complete.

It makes you feel stupid for not thinking of it yourself when you hear it, really.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Some of the other threads like K. Rool and Chrom have been setting up DLC campaigns. Why shouldn't this one?

And unlike K. Rool or Ridley or Isaac, there appears to be the very real possibility that Sakurai might underrepresent the Zelda franchise and make Ghirahim or something playable over the King.

TeamFlareZakk

Some of the other threads like K. Rool and Chrom have been setting up DLC campaigns. Why shouldn't this one?

And unlike K. Rool or Ridley or Isaac, there appears to be the very real possibility that Sakurai might underrepresent the Zelda franchise and make Ghirahim or something playable over the King.
I think Ghirahim should be the dlc, I think the Ghirahim supporeters should set one up because I have good reason to believe we're getting Ganondorf.

This, the Gerudo Valley stage seems to favor Ganondorf for a returning character, especially considering Twinrova appears on this stage.

Also keep in mid characters were chosen at the beginning of development, this looks more like a hint of Ganondorf's return if you ask me.

Also notice how none of the characters are as they appeared in Skyway Sword, therefore save Ghirahim for dlc, that way they can have SS skins for Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, even though Ganondorf's would be a Demise skin.

Then have the Monster Ganon that appeared in LBTW replace the Beast Ganon for the final smash, also monster Ganon could easily be a alternate costume for Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If we have a choice between Captaindorf and Ganon, I will take Ganon any day.

Here is hope to you supporters.

TeamFlareZakk

uhm im starting to think that people want ganon solely because they hate captaindorf :/
I will say I do hate he's using Captain Falcon's moves, but technically I want Ganon cause he's Ganon, Ganondorf, Ganon, either one would do for me, I don't feel Ghirahim should be in unless he's dlc.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
So, folks, if Ganon appears, which games do you thinks his moves will originate from? I safely guess Ganon's moves will mostly come from ALttP. I would be pleased with at least one NES reference in his moveset, though. To reference the NES, Peahat, Digdogger, or Aquamentus could appear. Ganon could ride Aquamentus.

Haibu

Smash Rookie
I'm pulling for LttP with a dash of NES... or the other way around. I could see ol' NES Ganon throwing down.

Haibu

Smash Rookie
If I had my way, we'd see the best of both worlds, as Ganon could let his trident fly around for a sec while he brawls and wizards without it.

Haibu

Smash Rookie
Don't mind me, just dreaming... and yes, Ganon is invisible to jumbotrons.

Last edited:

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Dang! Once I saw that depiction of Ganon, I essentially, without thought, performed the "AWWW YEEEAH" meme. I hope Nintendo one day redesigns NES Ganon too. Thank you for revitalizing his '80s sprite, Haibu!

Now, everyone, imagine a remix of Level 9 playing as you witness Haibu's drawing!

Haibu has revitalized the Prince of Darkness!!!! They have stolen the Triforce with Power!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Pd55J9OuE

Last edited:

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Howdy Ganon fans! I showed off my take on Ganon in TP's style before, but here's a few more shots of the finalized model. (It's not rigged yet, unfortunately)

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for sharing your pleasing effort, Angelglory! Do you think Beast Ganon should have been a more intelligent character in Twilight Princess? I somewhat do. With that design, pig Ganon could emulate the personality I sometimes imagine for him: a grand, fantastical, heavy metal yet classical, awe-inspiring yet wise warlock befitting an animated '80s productions. Others must have imagined this, too!

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Ganon's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

TeamFlareZakk

I'm think Ganon should take on his LBTW appearance.

Aternative costumes: OoT Ganondorf, TP Ganondorf, Yuga Ganon

Final Smash: either just keep Beast Ganon, or maybe imagine a Giga Ganon, the result of if Ganon were to have all three pieces of the Triforce, in the Zelda series, we have yet to see that happen, but it could still happen in Super Smash Bros.

The only thing that worries me about Ganon being in is that Summoning Final Smashes have been introduced through Robin with Chrom, I'd hate to see Ghirahim replace Ganondorf just to reduce Ganon to being summoned as a final smash, that would suck.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Ganon's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
Ganon should primarily be a Ranger/Zoner who plays keep away with powerful projectile attacks and his Trident. He would also have teleportation to make up for his slow speed. He would also have some Bruiser characteristics, but would mainly play as a defensive character that uses his long reach and projectiles to make it difficult for the opponent to approach, though more mobile characters can maneuver around his laggy moves and punish him. He functions a lot like King Dedede, but exchanges D3's grab game and edgeguarding tools for more powerful projectiles and Teleport(think Mewtwo) to allow him to recover, get away, or even get in close when necessary.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Ganon should primarily be a Ranger/Zoner who plays keep away with powerful projectile attacks and his Trident. He would also have teleportation to make up for his slow speed. He would also have some Bruiser characteristics, but would mainly play as a defensive character that uses his long reach and projectiles to make it difficult for the opponent to approach, though more mobile characters can maneuver around his laggy moves and punish him. He functions a lot like King Dedede, but exchanges D3's grab game and edgeguarding tools for more powerful projectiles and Teleport(think Mewtwo) to allow him to recover, get away, or even get in close when necessary.
Would :4link: give him as much trouble as he would in their own games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom