• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
nintendo wifi really? i used to be a robot i mained him for 2 years i still use him because i have fun with the playstyle.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
It should.

I wanna play through Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. One of my favorite games ever. Anyone wanna Let's Play it with me over Skype? It's got robots!

:phone:

Bees!

Smash Ace
ROB is my favy of all time. But lately I have been wanting to co-main another character to add to the happiness already provided by my little robot. A character that is near and dear to my heart. Lately I have been delving into my childhood and reliving some fond and nostalgic gaming memories and Sawnik is definitely a character I grew up with and is still interesting to me. ROB/Sonic/Kirby. Seems like a good trio of all my love. (Since I also grew up with Kirby as well.)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I think the gamne is really awesome and fun, but I dont know whether it has viable competitive play though. It can be pretty broken at times, and some characters are just far too good. lol.

People will be bias against this though because everyones played smash bothers beforehand. I find the game feels much different though, just some similarities.

If you're only a nintendo fan, then you wont like it I guess. Sucks a majority of smashers here are massive nintendo fan boys. (or at least zelda ones).

I just love sackboy =)

Btw, me and friend just got a server going for Minecraft. I was wondering if anyone would like to join since its lacking people atm lol. Preferably no greifers but no one here is an *** anyway xD.

tru0067

Smash Journeyman
Hi,

I was recently going through all star again and found ROB really fun...

What are some tips

And what moves should I use more often

And which moves should I never use

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I play ROB at tournaments in my state which you happen to be in aswell. You heard or been to a couch warriors tournament here before? Its where he have our monthlies anyway.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Lawl dem pikas.

Speaking of which, Lucas and Pikachu are such a dumb team with the correct synergy :/. Derp.

Also my ROB icon disappeared for some reason :S. I had to reselect it lol.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If any of you are interested, Thursday night at 9pm EST I'll be doing a private stream of the latest Project M ROB. I will be answering questions and testing things in frame advance. I know detta's getting in on it along with several other ROB:M players, but I wanted to give you all a heads up in case any of you wanted to join us.

Bouffaloof

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, i'm new on the boards and Papa Mink's been teaching me stuff.
I'm goin' to his tourney this weekend, got any tips?

:D moves:
Ftilt
Dtilt
Nair
Gyro
Laser

:) moves:
Jab
Utilt
Fair
Bair
Up-B

:| moves:
Uair
Dsmash
Fsmash
Usmash

:( moves:
Side-B
Dair
I'm not sure why the smashes and up air are :| moves?

Sudai

Stuff here
Hey guys, i'm new on the boards and Papa Mink's been teaching me stuff.
I'm goin' to his tourney this weekend, got any tips?

UAir is super easy to SDI and punish. As is DSmash. USmash hits a very very tiny area. FSmash is the best of them but it's still only situational

Bouffaloof

Smash Rookie
The problem I keep having is that almost every time that I try to do any sort of tilt, it turns into a smash. I know I need to practice it, but it can be very frustrating.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Just comes with practice. Try not to tilt the stick hard and press A at the same time, then it'll just buffer a smash attack mostly. Usually I tilt in the direction I want to use and press A a little bit after pressing the direction. But yeah, just getting the hang of the game is the best thing.

So I have my questionnaire test today which i need to complete to have a driving test. Wish me luck :x.

If I pass, I can do my proper driving test and never have to catch a bus again if I pass <3

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
When are the best uses for Ftilt and Dtilt?
R.O.B.'s tilts are best used for spacing more than anything else. Dtilt, in particular, is a good option for pinning opponents against a wall, though it can be DI'd out of, so keep that in mind. Overall, R.O.B. has good tilts for spacing, and if I remember correctly, can block some projectiles that aren't transcendent, but that's pretty much all it's good for from my experience. It's not like I'm a R.O.B. pro or anything.

And whats the safest way to get back to the ledge.
You can use Nair against an edge-guarder/hogger, using his Up B to hover until you get a decent opening to latch onto the ledge. If you're recovering from directly below, Uair is a good option, as it lasts a decent while and has good priority. You can also try recovering from above using Nair, but R.O.B.'s floatiness and the startup frames for Nair makes it a bit unsafe, especially against those who easily has an answer to a descending R.O.B., and it's not like he can air dodge out of Up B either. Fair is also a good option if recovering horizontally.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Did a mix recently for the venue that hosts my SWAGG tournaments. Lots of various musical styles on here (Electro house, Prog House, Dubstep, NuDisco, DNB, etc)

Thought I'd share with my ROBBros.

https://soundcloud.com/vortexgc3/mix
this is awesome and exactly what i needed to get my homework done

(i work better on homework when i'm listening to music, but i haven't gotten any new music lately so it's all been the same old stuff)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Remember this is just my personal opinion, but:
U-air: It does good damage, But it's easy to SDI out of it
Dsmash: Fast punishing option, But it's easy to SDI out of too, Also it's pretty punishable when shielded and they dont even need fast reactions to punish
U-smash: His strongest move, But it has like no hitbox
F-smash: Mediocre kill power, range and speed all lead to generally being mediocre

When are the best uses for Ftilt and Dtilt?

And whats the safest way to get back to the ledge.
Man, you really are everywhere

Ftilt: His longest range non-projectile attack, Good for grounded spacing and as a long-ranged poke in general, It should probably be your most used A-move
Dtilt: Good when at a closer range than is effective for Ftilt, It's not too useful once they get over ~80% though. If they get hit, you can usually do another one right away, Repeat untill they trip, and then grab them for good damage
Ledge: Do up-b And tap B to use less fuel and still rise at the same speed. Do a N-air pre-emptively while getting to the ledge to cover yourself from an opponents attack. Grab ledge....Have fun getting off the ledge

Should I ask questions here or on the Q and A thread

Here is fine

Top Bottom