• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hey guys, I'm gonna do a ROB lab livestream (answering questions, testing stuff in frame advance, etc) tomorrow night around 7pm EST at http://www.twitch.tv/jcaesar. Tune in if you're at all interested in the next version of Project M ROB (and in case you haven't heard, Demo 2.5 is coming out on the 28th of this month).

dettadeus

Smash Lord
The first shiny pokemon my sister and i ever found was a shiny Mareep back in Silver.

We thought it was a glitch and ran away because I was 5 and she was 7 and we had no idea what was going on half the time.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
The first shiny pokemon my sister and i ever found was a shiny Mareep back in Silver.

We thought it was a glitch and ran away because I was 5 and she was 7 and we had no idea what was going on half the time.
Better than what happened to me...

My first shiny was a Tangela in Crystal. That's one of the few Pokemon that can run on its own accord. I don't think I need to say what happened. <_<

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Better than what happened to me...

My first shiny was a Tangela in Crystal. That's one of the few Pokemon that can run on its own accord. I don't think I need to say what happened. <_<
Gutted

I have yet to encounter a shiny outside of the red gyarados

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I've found about 5 shinies in total.

I had shiny noctowl in crystal.
Shiny phamphy from leaf green
Shiny jiggypuff which i accidentally killed in black. Derp.
Then shiny snorunt from an egg and shiny mareep in the farm grass area.

So ive been pretty lucky ;o

I was pretty happy about the mareep too stingers <3. Its one of my fave gen 2 pokes.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I don't think I've ever run into a shiny, but then there are quite a few pokemon where I probably wouldn't recognize a shiny if I ran into one.

Nido

ily Sebby
Shiny Charizard/Rayquaza most overrated shinies imo.

I've found a shiny Cascoon in Ruby and caught it with the only great ball in my bag. Shame Dustox is useless, Leisha you're actually that lucky?

:phone:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I guess so.... xD Although I have the shiny charm in B2 so it makes finding them a bit easier than normal.

Charizard in general is overrated lol. (Go Blastoise <3) But then again most of 1stgen is because of nostalgia.

Anyone can get shiny haxorus now, its just like the red gyarados. Although I will admit, it looks pretty nice. =)

Nido

ily Sebby
Shiny charm?
I haven't got B/W2.

So what, that + masuda method = 1/ two thousand something?

Leisha next tourney I'm at please teach me some ROB tricks

:phone:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
You get shiny charm when you complete the national dex which makes the chances 1/2000ish of finding a shiny. With masuda on top of that its 1/1000ish. Dont know the exact numbers.

I think the last smash thing we're having is the meetup this friday night, then theres no tournaments for a while. Probably not until late January anyway. I can show you some Rob aswell, although I cant promise anything amazing since I only touch brawl on a rare occasion nowdays. (always say ima get back into it, but then lazyness kicks in :p)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I have a shiny ampharos in my bw2 run (but I cheated x.x)
getting one legit is like...the dream. and you're living it.

i cant go to apex anymore, I just found out how much hotel would cost and theres noone giving free housing apparently x.x oh well. such is life

Heartstring

Smash Legend

i cant go to apex anymore, I just found out how much hotel would cost and theres noone giving free housing apparently x.x oh well. such is life
Dude, When are going planning on being there? Me and my other UK guy need to book a hotel and stuff. I mean I think the pair of us will be able to crash with other people but a few days we will be hotelling

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
G-P who are you coming with? Fuzzyness or Jolteon by any chance? I'm not sure who's coming from the UK but I know most of the P:M playing ones now.

InternetExplorer is housing a bunch of people for free, including my group. You could ask him.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Honestly, you can't. There's a 16 person limit on the tourney there. But I assure you we'll have setups for friendlies there the whole time.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
More or less, Alex Strife (the TO) doesn't think it would look good in front of Apex sponsors if a mod got a large focus (and if it was open to everyone, we'd be getting hundreds of entrants).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah unfortunately... hopefully we'll have more tourneys like Genesis and FC that let us run enormous Project M tournaments.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Oops...I lied to Remo then. Told him there was a big tourney going on for it at APEX. Doubt we would've made it anyway, but it still would've been nice.

You going to be hosting an tournaments in January after APEX, JCz?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
More or less, Alex Strife (the TO) doesn't think it would look good in front of Apex sponsors if a mod got a large focus (and if it was open to everyone, we'd be getting hundreds of entrants).
Doesn't seem like Nintendo every really cared about Smash's competitive side in the first place. But maybe this will lead to something. Just maybe.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah we've tried many times here to get nintendo support, but they just wont bother with a fan based community like ours. You do see places like gametraders and EB games getting nintendo support, but you can imagine the rules are always catered to the casuals. (as in the whole thing, everyone should have a chance of winning bullcrap lol.)

Top Bottom