• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I think a OneCharacter trio, in this way : a central one and 2 "satellite" characters that attack when needed (like :4duckhunt:or:rosalina:).

Go subscribe that guy, he is really good. and when I saw the video there were just 2 comments.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I think you guys will like this :)
My heart completely skipped a beat (hah) when I saw this on the front page. I know I should expect this sort've thing after all of the Smashified videos, but still.. I'm craving Rhythm Heaven badly.

I love the concept too, it could definitely work.

nanogotchi

Smash Rookie
It's definitely really cool! Though, indeed I'm still very worried TwT especially about that supposed direct.. Any confirmation?

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
Wow... that is art style smashified, that is incredibly, because i dream come true as that....
I loved Chorus kids and too Rhythm Girl as Rhythm Troupe (as group)....:happysheep:(i liked rhythm heaven series)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think you guys will like this :)
Not going to lie. I am actually PRAYING that this becomes the "eventual" RH rep we get for Smash, if Rhythm Girl and/or Chorus Kids or even Karate Joe don't work out. Knowing Sakurai, this really seems like just the kind of "off-the-wall" choice he would add from a series as wacky as Rhythm Heaven.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
3 more days, I'm hyped! I can't wait to see all the game has to offer. With the release being so close to E3, maybe we'll get some information on the western localization then like how we got Fever at E3 2011.

As far as Smash goes, I don't expect anything huge just yet, but if the presentation on the 14th involves new Mii outfits I wouldn't be surprised if we got Rhythm Heaven costume to commemorate the new game.. if not a character

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Well, something tells me there's going to be a character reveal at E3. Or perhaps, the video presentation that Sakurai is going to give 20 minutes before the update that comes with Lucas will have it.

Either way, I'm almost confident at least 1 new character will be revealed within a matter of time. I won't be unhappy if it's someone like Wolf or Ryu or Roy, but if it was the Chorus Kids...

Eh, thinking about it, I feel like it'll be a character a lot more people would have been hyped for from the start. It's E3, so I imagine they'll show off what the majority wants (and what they know they want). Chorus Kids could still come- we'd likely just have to wait after E3 to see it happen.

...But you know what would be really amazing? If, just like the last two E3s, they unveiled three new characters for Smash.
If that's the case, I think the Chorus Kids could be one of them.

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
Apologies everyone about the Rhythm Heaven Direct I mentioned earlier, my friend mistranslated that quote from the mini direct, I believe it said "The game is ready to be pre-downloaded DIRECTLY after the Nintendo Direct, which it indeed did (just downloaded it onto my Japanese 3DS. Sorry for any confusion.

Lets hope for a Rhythm Heaven Character on the Smash Presentation. The Date of that is very close to Rhythm Tengoku Plus' release.

EDIT: Look who I found in the New Rhythm Heaven Cafe!
Whether it's Marshal or Just a Chorus Kid. It's fun seeing them outside their game!

Last edited:

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
Sorry for posting again, but this is brilliant.
A little bit for us at the end too :)

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Apologies everyone about the Rhythm Heaven Direct I mentioned earlier, my friend mistranslated that quote from the mini direct, I believe it said "The game is ready to be pre-downloaded DIRECTLY after the Nintendo Direct, which it indeed did (just downloaded it onto my Japanese 3DS. Sorry for any confusion.

Lets hope for a Rhythm Heaven Character on the Smash Presentation. The Date of that is very close to Rhythm Tengoku Plus' release.
Ahh, that's rather unfortunate. I can understand the mistranslation though, it's fine!

Also, I'm so jealous of you! I wish I had a Japanese 3DS. Can't wait to see all the amazing gameplay footage that rolls out in the coming days. ;o
OH GOODNESS WHY CAN'T THIS BE REAL.

I would absolutely die if I saw this, especially with the Chorus Kids fakeout at the end. All these incredible fanmade trailers make me really antsy to see what an official one would be like. Perhaps we'll see on the 14th or during E3..

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Wow! This is awesome! But I'm not sure about the Reporter from Ringside. Is that "trailer" trying to say she is a "playable" character, or something else? And what about the Chorus Kids?

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474

EDIT: Look who I found in the New Rhythm Heaven Cafe!
Whether it's Marshal or Just a Chorus Kid. It's fun seeing them outside their game!
that character isnt marshal, if that is Chorus kid, because him has not hands, difference between chorus kids had their bowties and marshal had hands/fingers.

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
I honestly don't care about the confusion between the two. But there's something I noticed A LOT in this game.
Chorus Kid/Marshall Shows up almost all over the place, in backgrounds hidden, and even in all of the the Ending Cards of the Final Remix of the game. They're really pushing them out there.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I honestly don't care about the confusion between the two. But there's something I noticed A LOT in this game.
Chorus Kid/Marshall Shows up almost all over the place, in backgrounds hidden, and even in all of the the Ending Cards of the Final Remix of the game. They're really pushing them out there.
This is very interesting.. Think you could show us some more pictures? I'd like to see what the people who say the Chorus Kids aren't important characters to the series have to say now.

also @ Jonofunu Jonofunu your avatar is adorable as heck.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Chorus Kids being in a lot of places in the game? Hm, with Karate Joe getting a decent amount of attention too, I'm going to guess that he and the Chorus Kids will pretty much be the most iconic RH characters soon (if not now). In the context of Smash getting a RH rep, well, I think either one or the other of these two would make it in.

And I have to agree with @ Jigglystep Jigglystep , @ Jonofunu Jonofunu , your avatar is pretty adorable.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So the Chorus Kods are becoming the new Easter egg characters this time around? It's like the Rhythm Heaven developers seriously want Sakurai to make them playable in the future (if not, as DLC fighters).

Chorus Kids confirmed! :awesome:

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
There's gotta be a reason why he's featured in the Result Images of the Final Remix... and he also appears in the Gallery as a little Icon to play a game or show your Flow

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Blarg, I need to post here more often. Anyway, RHTB+ looks so amazing and if it isn't localized I might cry. Especially loving all that Chorus Kids love... definitely not giving up hope on them for DLC just yet. :)

Also, how up to date is the OP? I'm still not a part of the choir. :urg:
my name must be there when they inevitably get confirmed :b

Reposting this to express my support :D

You know, in hind sight, I think "take the stage" would have worked better... ah well.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
There's gotta be a reason why he's featured in the Result Images of the Final Remix... and he also appears in the Gallery as a little Icon to play a game or show your Flow

Very interesting. These are some great finds! It's quite intriguing that the developers feature him so frequently - especially in the results screen.

This has actually solidified my hopes a bit more.
Also, how up to date is the OP? I'm still not a part of the choir. :urg:
That has been fixed. ;o

Last edited:

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
Yeah it's pretty neat. I even noticed in the Multiplayer/ChallengeMode there's a Star in the Sky of the background with a Chorus Kid Face.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I am certain that a Chorus Kids or a RH character will be announced soon with Ryu

Like i'm gonna cry if they aren't

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
I thought that is a choir boy at gallery from rhythm tengoku 3ds and he is same guy from glee club.

Because if Marshal and Choir boy arent same guy, they are differents. Marshal doesn't appear in version 3ds.

Last edited:

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
I have a feeling we won't get Best Plus in other countries for a while, There's a LOT in the game to translate. Like songs, Read this Stories and even the Story Dialogue, So It's a lot more text than usual.

PS. This is the Toughest Rhythm Heaven I've ever Played so far, Soo many challenges, and Even the Perfect Challenges aren't alone this time.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I'm just going to plug here and mention that Karate Joe has FIVE minigames all to himself.
Karate Man Easy, Karate Man GBA, Karate Man's Father, and Karate Man DS and Karate Man 2 Wii as bonus games.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Love the discussion with Chorus Kids here, really hoping for the reveal. Whether it be CK or KJ or Marshal.
All the promotion Rhythm Heaven 3DS is getting has made me super optimistic for a pre-ballot reveal, especially considering Sakurai already had plans for a Rhythm Heaven character before the idea of DLC came into the picture.
New RH theme for 3DS
Only for ringside so far
This is awesome! Imagine a Glee Club theme that had the Chorus Kids' voices..

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
Lumber Cats is easily my new favorite stage for this game.

Hey, Fan Club is back!

Also that last remix is insane.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lumber Cats is easily my new favorite stage for this game.

Hey, Fan Club is back!

Also that last remix is insane.
Fan Club is back? Sweet! Can't wait to play my favorite minigame again in the future.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
So I heard that
RH music plays in the Miiverse stage by some GAF user

is this true?
Pls don't be true

Top Bottom