• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It can be earlier than next time with the new RH coming up, Sakurai might as well reconsider the idea of a RH character, whether it be Chorus Kids or characters like Karate Joe or Marhsal. I don't think he's going to wait 6 years later to add a RH character.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It can be earlier than next time with the new RH coming up, Sakurai might as well reconsider the idea of a RH character, whether it be Chorus Kids or characters like Karate Joe or Marhsal. I don't think he's going to wait 6 years later to add a RH character.
When is this new RH coming and what system will it be on?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Really? Japan only? REALLY?
Keep in mind that the games normally get released in other regions nearly a year later due to localization with the songs. :088:

The wait we had to experience for Rhythm Heaven Fever's release in America was proof of this

Edit: Damn it Greninja! :4greninja:

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
YES! This is wonderful news!

I too believe that it is highly likely we'll see some form of Rhythm Heaven representation before "next time". Smash would be incredible marketing for one of Nintendo's most underrated IPs, especially be it a character. Having a DLC character to coincide with Rhythm Heaven 3DS would skyrocket the sales and popularity of the series no doubt. One could argue that it'd end up being a Mii costume like what happened with Inkling (I draw the comparison because Splatoon and RH 3DS are both upcoming games), though considering Sakurai has already put consideration into a Rhythm Heaven character, it wouldn't surprise be at all if he were to return to the project.

I'd truly love to see Rhythm Heaven be up there among Nintendo's most popular franchises after some promotion in Smash.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
YES! This is wonderful news!

I too believe that it is highly likely we'll see some form of Rhythm Heaven representation before "next time". Smash would be incredible marketing for one of Nintendo's most underrated IPs, especially be it a character. Having a DLC character to coincide with Rhythm Heaven 3DS would skyrocket the sales and popularity of the series no doubt. One could argue that it'd end up being a Mii costume like what happened with Inkling (I draw the comparison because Splatoon and RH 3DS are both upcoming games), though considering Sakurai has already put consideration into a Rhythm Heaven character, it wouldn't surprise be at all if he were to return to the project.

I'd truly love to see Rhythm Heaven be up there among Nintendo's most popular franchises after some promotion in Smash.
Hell, at this point I'd take a stage and some music alone, let alone a character.
I'm hoping they give us something RH related (preferably a fighter + stage and music) for Smash.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
I hope that in this E3 confirmed the Chorus Kids for DLC and it is fake (though I doubt it) the leak that Roy and Ryu, if it were real, de waiting 2 holes more but one that I think will be for Wolf and Ballot Smash Character.

Let's be honest, it is impossible that they are first Chorus in Smash Ballot, not many people want, and that depresses me not see them in the game, and the possibility of not seeing a Smash Bros 5 what Sakurai said...

Well, anyway, if confirmed in a trailer, I swear I'll break my room the illusion, hehehe.

(And forgive if not very well understood the comment, i'm not in English language x( )

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
>not seeing a Smash 5

I honestly cannot imagine Nintendo letting this series stop, even if Sakurai stops directing it. It just sells way too well for them to go 'welp, the guy behind it's done, let's drop the series'.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
>not seeing a Smash 5

I honestly cannot imagine Nintendo letting this series stop, even if Sakurai stops directing it. It just sells way too well for them to go 'welp, the guy behind it's done, let's drop the series'.
Of course, Nintendo would NEVER let go of a cash cow like that through any circumstance. That's like expecting Game Freak to put an end to Pokemon for good. The worst case scenario is that Sakurai might just throw in the towel and become a supervisor with a potential successor as the new director.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This better be localized. Better also announce that localization in E3.

I mean, 100 unique Rhythm-games which would include majority from last ones? That is too good.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936

look at them.

LOOK AT THEM.

LUMBER CATS FOR SSB4

Seriously though, that trailer looked amazing and very promising. I'm crossing my fingers for a quick localization.. I'm sure it will be translated, it's just a matter of how long we have to wait. x(

Also, did anyone else get a Super Paper Mario vibe from the new music shown off? I love it!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
A direct focusing on summer releases in Japan.
Guess what game also has a summer release.

Last edited:

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
It would be nice if there would confirm the Chorus Kids in that Japanese direct, as happened with Shulk, although I doubt it.

By the way, and if confirmed Tebiri? Rhythm Heaven 3DS mascot?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It would be nice if there would confirm the Chorus Kids in that Japanese direct, as happened with Shulk, although I doubt it.

By the way, and if confirmed Tebiri? Rhythm Heaven 3DS mascot?

"Ermagod, Tebiri for Smash! He's more relevant than Marshal and the Chorus Kids combined!"

I can see this crap coming from a mile away. :rolleyes:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I didn't saw the Chorus Kids artwork! That one's sweet!

Also, if Chorus Kids don't get in, please give us a Rhythm Heaven stage with beautiful music!

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Well, I'd hope for a Rhythm Heaven stage and some music either way, though to be completely honest I'm not feeling so optimistic that there will be new stages and music coming as DLC. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see new stages and music, but there's been no announcement- and if I'm correct, no implications of one either- of stage/music DLC so far, yet two fighters have already been shown off to us.

I mean, who knows, the Mii costumes didn't come out until the April Direct, much closer to the release date, and we knew about Mewtwo in October. It's possible there will be a future announcement of DLC that isn't new characters/Mii costumes and is something like stages and music, and it'd most likely happen at E3. But if there's no announcement at that point, I'm just not going to hold my breath.

I apologize if it sounds like I'm ranting or going on unnecessarily about the topic. I guess I never really said what I thought on the DLC situation for Smash so far.

I want to be optimistic, though, I really do. We at least know some new modes are coming, although I think that might just be the tournament mode(s) announced in October. Still, I'm excited for that, and really, the desire for Smash DLC is so strong, I just don't think they'll go wrong with whatever they do.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
In Smash Bros 3DS, along the course code of Ryu and Roy, exist the 3 holes of characters that were discovered characters, also he stated that there was like 7 holes for upcoming stages, and knowing that soon will leave the Rhythm Heaven 3DS... why not?

In addition, the Wii U a symbol of Rhythm Heaven was shown in the files of characters, and wait for God's sake, that it means to be some DLC, like the scenario also discovered Dr. Mario stage, if that confirmed as DLC, and we can be sure someone exist of Rhythm Heaven character.

By the way, I found this image on a possible Tumblr moveset to Marshall/Chorus Kid.

Last edited:

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Here's my idea for a Rhythm Heaven stage. ^^

I think a good idea for a Rhythm Heaven stage is for it to have a gimmick similar to the WarioWare stage from Brawl. The match starts you off in the Café, but then after some time the stage changes into a mini-game. Once the mini-game is over you are brought back to the Café. The difference between this stage and the WarioWare stage is that there would be a bigger variety of mini-games, and the mini-games would start at a slow pace. As the match goes on however, the mini-games gradually speed up and the transition between mini-games will gradually become shorter. Once the speed of the mini-games have reached their max, about 20 seconds later a ten second countdown will begin in the background of the stage, and once it reaches zero the background will say REMIX! During a remix the transition between mini-games will be instant, and the speed of the mini-games will be slightly faster than it's regular maximum speed. A remix will last for about 15 seconds.

The reward you get for getting a PERFECT on a mini-game depends on the speed of the mini-game. Messing up once or twice during a mini-game will get you a SUPERB. A SUPERB rewards the player with recovery damage from the previous speed level. Messing up three or four times will give you an OK. An OK rewards the player with recovery damage from two previous speed levels. If you mess up four or more times during a mini-game, not only will you not recover any damage, but you'll also be stunned for about two seconds.

Perfect Normal Speed Reward: Recover 1-7%, SUPERB Normal Speed reward 0%, OK Normal Speed reward 0%

Perfect Faster Speed Reward: Recover 8-14%, SUPERB Faster Speed reward 1-7%, OK Faster Speed reward 0%

Perfect Max Speed Reward: Recover 15-20%, SUPERB Max Speed reward 8-14%, OK Max Speed reward 1-7%

Perfect Remix Reward: Recover 30-50%, SUPERB Remix reward 15-20%, OK Remix reward 8-14%

Some special effects for getting a perfect could be having the word PERFECT appear in big golden letters in the background, hearing a loud applause, and having a spotlight be on all the characters in the match who got a perfect for a brief moment.

This stage is very gimmicky, but I think it makes sense for a Rhythm Heaven stage to be gimmicky. Besides, there's always the Omega version.

The only names for the stage I could come up with are: The Café, Rhythm Café, and Rhythm Heaven Café.

Last edited:

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
According to today's Nintendo Direct, Rhythm Tengoku will be getting it's own Direct sometime this month, alongside a Demo...In Japanese only ;)

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
According to today's Nintendo Direct, Rhythm Tengoku will be getting it's own Direct sometime this month, alongside a Demo...In Japanese only ;)
uhh

An ENTIRE DIRECT dedicated to Rhythm Heaven? A demo too!?

This is huge.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not surprising since the series is popular enough to warrant its own Nintendo Direct. I want to see more of the new games along with seeing how revamped the originals were (Choir Boys, Tap Trial, Munch Monk, ect) in the upcoming direct.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Well, we may not be hearing any mention of this game coming to non-Japan territories just yet, excepting that one Tweet, but this sounds like good news for the Rhythm Heaven (/Tengoku) series having a strong following in Japan.

As much as I'd like for those of us in other territories to get a Direct for this game, Japan is getting it first, and special Directs don't tend to happen until around a month before their games' release, so, who knows? I'm not going to bet on it, but it'd be nice.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
We could get Smash news like with the Splatoon Direct. :L
Hopefully not a Chorus Kids costume.
I think I would cry. However, I still think some RH Mii outfits would be very neat.. perhaps Wandering Samurai as a Swordfighter or Karate Joe as a Brawler. (if he's not playable)
just please not chorus kids please

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
I think I would cry. However, I still think some RH Mii outfits would be very neat.. perhaps Wandering Samurai as a Swordfighter or Karate Joe as a Brawler. (if he's not playable)
just please not chorus kids please
A DJ Yellow Mii outfit for Gunner or Brawler would be neat too.

Last edited:

nanogotchi

Smash Rookie
Heyo >w< New guy over here! Joined just for our little rhythm guys! Anyway, do you have any sources for this TwT like, I haven't seen anyone else mention this and I'm starting to get scared TwT

Anyway, I love the chorus kids.. And I love karate joe too! Let's hope this all works out for us <3

Top Bottom