• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Does any one have a picture of their fever appearance?

I still hope they are playable, as I agree they have a cool design. I just want them to have a kinda 3D appearence since they would be kinda like stepping on Mr Game & Watchs territory. I want an under detailed model so he still looks 2D without actually being 2D (Think G&W Kirby or 3D G&W)

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Does any one have a picture of their fever appearance?

I still hope they are playable, as I agree they have a cool design. I just want them to have a kinda 3D appearence since they would be kinda like stepping on Mr Game & Watchs territory. I want an under detailed model so he still looks 2D without actually being 2D (Think G&W Kirby or 3D G&W)

It's arguable if this is actually a Chorus Kid or not, it's likely just another random member of their race as Marshal is.

Regardless, I think they will use full 3D models for the Kids since Rhythm Heaven isn't really inherently 2D (there are 3D rendered minigames and characters are seen at different angles in general). While it wouldn't really follow the RH art style, I feel like having them hand drawn in 2D would stick out a bit. Plus, Warioware uses the same art style yet characters from the series like Ashley are rendered as models.

I get what you mean about the deceptively 2D-but-actually-3D style though, I would love that!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
HEY EVERYONE!

Is there an antagonist type of character in any of the Rhythm Heaven games?
Anyone who is mean to you, a la the Duck Hunt Dog, just kinda rude/anti your progression, laughs, etc?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
HEY EVERYONE!

Is there an antagonist type of character in any of the Rhythm Heaven games?
Anyone who is mean to you, a la the Duck Hunt Dog, just kinda rude/anti your progression, laughs, etc?
There are those demons from the Samurai Slice minigame. Do they count?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
There are those demons from the Samurai Slice minigame. Do they count?
Nope; I need a prominent character. I was hoping to somehow reason how the Chorus boys, or the Monkey, or Karate Joe, or the Wrestler were antagonists in some way. Or villainous.... anything corrupt or sinful

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Nope; I need a prominent character. I was hoping to somehow reason how the Chorus boys, or the Monkey, or Karate Joe, or the Wrestler were antagonists in some way. Or villainous.... anything corrupt or sinful
The batter from Exhibition Match maybe?
Rhythm Heaven doesn't really have any villains.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This is quite unfortunate.
It is villain round in Roster Elimination, and I'm trying to add a Rhythm Heaven character under a villain/antagonist idea, just not familiar enough with the game to figure out how to do that. Quite want a representative of the game in it by now, yargh!

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Are you kidding!? These guys are as villainous as villainous gets! (Skip to 1:08)

D

Deleted member

Much like WarioWare, also done by the developers of Rhythm Heaven, there is no actual antagonist.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
You could probably call Dr. Crygor something like a villain.

Also Wario.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Villain does not mean antagonist.
And, it has been some time since I have played Wario Ware- but from what I remember there are definitely characters who I could make an argument for being either antagonists or villains, either for being against what the main character is trying to accomplish, or for having questionable moral direction.

Obviously the point of antagonist is difficult in these games, because there is no plot, and no recurring character to be seen as a traditional antagonist. Just because it is not cliche odes not mean it does not exist.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Okay;

If no one in the games can be considered a Villain (of questionable morality) or an antagonist (against you in the game at any point)

Is anyone at all a rival?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
You guys want to know what should happen? There should be a Marshall trophy that says: "He kinda looks like one of the chorus kids, but he isn't one of them."

Just so people can stop saying Marshall and Chorus Kids like they are the same thing. >.>

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Well, all it will take is a veteran reveal to confirm or deny the leak. If their render artwork doesn't line up, it's bogus.

Or a 3DS stage, since we got a picture of those too.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Though, apparently the leaker also said there will be DLC which includes the Chrous Kids.

So, at least if it is real they will be in the game. <3

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Man, I'm really split on this leak.. The Chorus Kids are technically in (still not getting as to why they'd be DLC) but the rest of the roster seems.. underwhelming. Doc and Dark Pit as separate characters, really? :/ No Rhythm Heaven stage either, as far as I can tell. Regardless, I'd be happy about them making it in.

Hopefully some more information or deconfirmation surfaces soon.. otherwise, back to the waiting game.

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
Man, I'm really split on this leak.. The Chorus Kids are technically in (still not getting as to why they'd be DLC) but the rest of the roster seems.. underwhelming. Doc and Dark Pit as separate characters, really? :/ No Rhythm Heaven stage either, as far as I can tell. Regardless, I'd be happy about them making it in.

Hopefully some more information or deconfirmation surfaces soon.. otherwise, back to the waiting game.

That Pink Stage looks Very Rhythm Heavenish to me.

If this is true. We could get the rumored Chorus Kids, Lucas, Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, and possibly more characters as DLC for the 3DS version once the Wii U Version is finally out. I Kinda like that, gives us more characters to expect for the other variation of the game.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936

If this is true. We could get the rumored Chorus Kids, Lucas, Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, and possibly more characters as DLC for the 3DS version once the Wii U Version is finally out. I Kinda like that, gives us more characters to expect for the other variation of the game.
Huh, good observation.. the only minigame I can think of offhand that resembles it is Donk-Donk, which would be somewhat of an odd choice for a stage to say the least.

Having DLC characters flow in like that would be a pretty interesting way for them to go about it, although I wouldn't be able to stand the wait to play as the Chorus Kids.. :S

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Huh, good observation.. the only minigame I can think of offhand that resembles it is Donk-Donk, which would be somewhat of an odd choice for a stage to say the least.

Having DLC characters flow in like that would be a pretty interesting way for them to go about it, although I wouldn't be able to stand the wait to play as the Chorus Kids.. :S
Donk-Donk is one of the minigames where you can actually see the literal 'rhythm heaven' in the background.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
For the love of God, can people who believe/trust/like this leak please keep it to the leak thread?

Seriously, it's everywhere and it doesn't need to be, feels like a waste of time. Even if it is true somehow, leave it where it belongs.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce

I was thinking the pink stage was Magicant.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
OMG CHORUS KID CONFIRMED.

For the love of God, can people who believe/trust/like this leak please keep it to the leak thread?

Seriously, it's everywhere and it doesn't need to be, feels like a waste of time. Even if it is true somehow, leave it where it belongs.
The leak pertains to our character and seems somewhat realistic, so it opens discussion for the fate of the kids. C'mon, at the very least it's something to discuss.. there's been a bit of an information drought. :L

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
OMG CHORUS KID CONFIRMED.

The leak pertains to our character and seems somewhat realistic, so it opens discussion for the fate of the kids. C'mon, at the very least it's something to discuss.. there's been a bit of an information drought. :L
By that logic we should be discussing every single leak that happens in every single thread since non-playability is pertinent to every character.

It took several characters for the Gematsu stuff to become acceptable and a topic of discussion in character threads, and even then it eventually got so stupidly out of hand that it got its own thread for discussion.

There's a leak subgroup for a reason, and it's so that we don't have to endure this stuff over and over again in different threads. It's a nuisance to go to different threads and see the same bits about why its wrong and the same bits about how some people believe it, etc.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
By that logic we should be discussing every single leak that happens in every single thread since non-playability is pertinent to every character.
Well, it's mainly the fact that the leak actually mentions the Chorus Kids being in. Had it not, I doubt there were be any activity in this thread regarding the leak.. but fair enough, I get where you're coming from, it can be quite monotonous at times.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Well, it's mainly the fact that the leak actually mentions the Chorus Kids being in. Had it not, I doubt there were be any activity in this thread regarding the leak.. but fair enough, I get where you're coming from, it can be quite monotonous at times.
You know how many leaks now contain the chorus kids or marshal since Gematsu? And just a 'Rhythm Heaven Rep' since the Sneaky Spirits? Heck, this thread (and people even considering Rhythm Heaven more seriously which was a positive side effect) was made because of the Gematsu leak.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Seriously? Those videos were debunked a long time ago! The 2D design of the Balloon Fight stage would be really easy to replicate believably with that Choir Kid render. That trailer just reused footage from several Smash 3DS videos, with the Choir Kid being swapped over one of the fighters (case in point, the Rainbow Road clip is taken from the Smash Direct.) Neither have the Choir Kid render properly baked into the game, as it's to light aside from the rest of the assets.

If that was a joke, I'm going way too ahead of myself. :p

With today's leak of the potential final roster, the last bit about the Chorus Kids being planned as DLC gives me hope that their dream is still realized, even with this leak backing up the most credible, new leak (Ninka/Vaanrose). Ultimately, I just hope they are officially confirmed by Sakurai to get this mess over with.

Top Bottom