• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I'm just going to say I support them despite the fact they've lost all chances to be playable.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
But they didn't?
Alright. I correct myself. They've lost ALMOST all chances to be playable.
Mainly because A. They aren't as important as characters like Karate Joe, B. Marshal, while seemingly a part of their race, is much more of an established character then them, and C. Rhythm Girl has appeared in many more advertisements than them. They got the whole "Game & Wario" appearance going for them, though.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Mainly because A. They aren't as important as characters like Karate Joe, B. Marshal, while seemingly a part of their race, is much more of an established character then them, and C. Rhythm Girl has appeared in many more advertisements than them. They got the whole "Game & Wario" appearance going for them, though.
Rhythm Girl appears in Game & Wario?

Anyways, I don't know about that. While I would prefer Rhythm Girl or even the Wrestler over Chorus Kids, I still think CK are more recognizable.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Rhythm Girl appears in Game & Wario?

Anyways, I don't know about that. While I would prefer Rhythm Girl or even the Wrestler over Chorus Kids, I still think CK are more recognizable.
Chorus Kids do.
Rhythm Girl is the one that appears in the advertisements, though.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
A. They are important characters. They appear on practically every advertisement for Rhythm Heaven DS.
B. I didn't know that being in one game makes you an "established character".
C. RHG ads do go back to Tengoku, so that's true. However I find Chorus Kids way more interesting, and if Sakurai cam up with the idea I feel he would too.

And Gematsu is not dead, contrary to popular belief. It's just not as reliable as it once was.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
Also worth noting is that Marshal is inexplicably called "Matt" in the PAL version. If he is in the game I wonder if they'll change it or just leave it?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
No one that's been proposed for a smash "rep" from Rhythm Heaven has been deconfirmed yet. Also the Game and Wario cameo doesn't affect too much because there were cameos of other rhythm heaven characters before Game and Wario, so keep that in mind as well. Also the germatsu leak being 'less reliable' instead of dead scares me because Shulk could have simply been a misidentified Robin, but that's off topic. Chorus men and rhythm girl share the similarities of being on large cardboard standees/advertisement scrolls with chorus men being pushed heavily for the DS version and rhythm girl pushed heavily for the GBA version as well as sharing the spotlight with Cam, Miss Ribbon, and Marshal for the Wii version. It could really be anyone playable because Rhythm Heaven doesn't have a defining "main character" throughout the series.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
I'd like to be added to the choir!

I will admit, I'm not completely sure if it WILL be chorus kids. From what I see, it's either them or Marshal, although I don't mind which one is in.

However, chorus kids might only have a music-based moveset tethered to their specialty: singing, while Marshal is tethered to the game itself, so there wouldn't be a huge problem making him into a sort of musical Mr. G&W.

For both of them, I can imagine their movesets to have a unique timing system, faithful to rhythm heaven.

But I would like to be part of the choir for this.. heavenly group!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Seems like the beaming part is starting to dull lately, though I would account to the people dismissing the idea due to it not fitting into their made up criteria.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just saw someone today justifying that the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run is comparable to Hanenbow as a stage: not a correlation to a playable character.

Just...:facepalm:

Why the Sneaky Spirit of all things then? If there were no character content for the series, why would they pick an unplayable series as far as characters are concerned to pick an obscure enemy who appears in one minigame from a series not at all centered on combat? This isn't a Hanenbow situation in the slightest, people. It's something bigger. Something substantial.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
No one that's been proposed for a smash "rep" from Rhythm Heaven has been deconfirmed yet. Also the Game and Wario cameo doesn't affect too much because there were cameos of other rhythm heaven characters before Game and Wario, so keep that in mind as well. Also the germatsu leak being 'less reliable' instead of dead scares me because Shulk could have simply been a misidentified Robin, but that's off topic. Chorus men and rhythm girl share the similarities of being on large cardboard standees/advertisement scrolls with chorus men being pushed heavily for the DS version and rhythm girl pushed heavily for the GBA version as well as sharing the spotlight with Cam, Miss Ribbon, and Marshal for the Wii version. It could really be anyone playable because Rhythm Heaven doesn't have a defining "main character" throughout the series.
Not if you've seen Shulk ever in your life.

But, all the Sneaky Spirit suggests is a Rhythm Heaven Rep. Not necessarily the Chorus Kids, whether they were originally the choice and couldn't be made to work because there are three of them is another story. I say it's open to anyone from the series, but I still believe it is possible that RH also gets no rep at all.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce

But, all the Sneaky Spirit suggests is a Rhythm Heaven Rep. Not necessarily the Chorus Kids, whether they were originally the choice and couldn't be made to work because there are three of them is another story. I say it's open to anyone from the series, but I still believe it is possible that RH also gets no rep at all.
The Sneaky Spirit suggests something, although like you said it's definitely possible that RH doesn't get a character. What the Sneaky Spirit does mean though is that Rhythm Heaven's been looked at and has at least some form of other content in the gmae.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Does anyone else find it significant that the Chorus Kids were even mentioned by the Gematsu leak prior to the confirmation of Sneaky Spirits? Honestly, who would've guessed there'd be Rhythm Heaven representation? It just strikes me as too off the wall to not mean anything.

Another theory I've been thinking about in regards to the Sneaky Spirits: aren't Smash Run baddies suppose to be the enemies of the characters in each series? Keeping this in mind, how would it make sense to not have a playable RH character yet have an enemy from the series? Also, as some other people have been mentioning; why the Sneaky Spirit? It's such an obscure and random choice if there was no playable character for the series, it'd really be out of place..

I dunno about you guys, but I'm pretty set on there being a Rhythm Heaven rep. For anyone who doubts that rep would be the Kids, I personally believe they would be the best representation of the series in terms of being iconic and the ability to implement the concept of the series as a whole into their moveset more so than some other RH characters people have been suggesting. Of course, this is my opinion, I just don't want anyone to lose hope!

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Not sure if anyone else mentioned it before in this thread. But I imagine the Chorus kids working like the Zappa Yow Yow Boys from ´"Clayfighter: Sculptors Cut". That, plus the specials referencing things from RH of course.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Does anyone else find it significant that the Chorus Kids were even mentioned by the Gematsu leak prior to the confirmation of Sneaky Spirits? Honestly, who would've guessed there'd be Rhythm Heaven representation? It just strikes me as too off the wall to not mean anything.

Another theory I've been thinking about in regards to the Sneaky Spirits: aren't Smash Run baddies suppose to be the enemies of the characters in each series? Keeping this in mind, how would it make sense to not have a playable RH character yet have an enemy from the series? Also, as some other people have been mentioning; why the Sneaky Spirit? It's such an obscure and random choice if there was no playable character for the series, it'd really be out of place..

I dunno about you guys, but I'm pretty set on there being a Rhythm Heaven rep. For anyone who doubts that rep would be the Kids, I personally believe they would be the best representation of the series in terms of being iconic and the ability to implement the concept of the series as a whole into their moveset more so than some other RH characters people have been suggesting. Of course, this is my opinion, I just don't want anyone to lose hope!
It's not that people didn't think of the idea of a Rhythm Heaven character before Gematsu, it's just that barely anyone thought it was any likely given the nature of the games.
And in some ways the Sneaky Spirit has complications as much as it gives support. I think I may have said this in this thread before, but I still find it odd that the Pooka was left out of the demo to not spoil Pac-Man, yet the Sneaky Spirit was left in.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
It's not that people didn't think of the idea of a Rhythm Heaven character before Gematsu, it's just that barely anyone thought it was any likely given the nature of the games.
And in some ways the Sneaky Spirit has complications as much as it gives support. I think I may have said this in this thread before, but I still find it odd that the Pooka was left out of the demo to not spoil Pac-Man, yet the Sneaky Spirit was left in.
Yeah, I did hear of some requests for a RH character, though it really didn't seem all that realistic and for the leaker to supposedly "guess" that the series would actually be included in this iteration, it makes me wonder if that truly is a coincidence.. That's another reason why I feel the Chorus Kids are all the more likely.

As for the Sneaky Spirit being left in while Pooka wasn't, that may have just been an exception for Pacman considering Sakurai was very open to dropping hints like that for other newcomers. (the Punch-Out ring, the galaxy stage, the Palutena references, the Find Mii and Tomodachi stages, etc..) They likely didn't want to spoil the surprise of a 3rd party character, as opposed to how nearly all the other newcomers were alluded to in some way before being revealed. If we are indeed getting a Rhythm Heaven character, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai revealed a stage for the series beforehand, or perhaps acknowledged the Sneaky Spirit in a PoTD just to hint at it.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

But who mistakes lucina for chrom then? It really works both ways.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Look art Sakurai's name:
SAKURAI

Now look at every other later in his last name: S, K, R, and I

The S,K, and I could all stand for something.

Most likely:

Samus
a
Kirby
u
R
a
Icaris

The R could only stand for one thing: RHYTHM HEAVEN

I know I know... its a long shot, but hey... thoughts?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Look art Sakurai's name:
SAKURAI

Now look at every other later in his last name: S, K, R, and I

The S,K, and I could all stand for something.

Most likely:

Samus
a
Kirby
u
R
a
Icaris

The R could only stand for one thing: RHYTHM HEAVEN

I know I know... its a long shot, but hey... thoughts?
No offense, but that's just, kinda strange and a little absurd.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
So today 8 years ago the first Rhythm Heaven game was born. Is Sakurai going to acknowledge the big Sneaky Spirit in the room?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Actually, no joke...Sal did. Look at his post history, around the fifth post.
Yeah, I know. That's what I was referring to haha.

And also happy anniversary Rhythm Heaven! What is it- 8 years old now?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I wanna preach to the choir: I'm in full support. WarioWridays over in the pic of the day thread, when chorus men come so will wario. Be the best trailer

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
But who mistakes lucina for chrom then? It really works both ways.
Uh, what? I suppose that's an easier mistake to make. But really that's a pretty weak excuse: her hair is like 5 times as long as his. She's not even wearing the same outfit. Again, if you've ever seen any of these characters, you could tell the difference.

If that's what this leaker is spouting, it's bull****. He couldn't even be bothered to look up what the characters look like? Really?

And if that is the case, then the Chorus Men could easily be Marshall. Since he's so prone to mistaking characters, apparently.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Uh, what? I suppose that's an easier mistake to make. But really that's a pretty weak excuse: her hair is like 5 times as long as his. She's not even wearing the same outfit. Again, if you've ever seen any of these characters, you could tell the difference.

If that's what this leaker is spouting, it's bull****. He couldn't even be bothered to look up what the characters look like? Really?

And if that is the case, then the Chorus Men could easily be Marshall. Since he's so prone to mistaking characters, apparently.
But all of those mistakes could happen for someone not familiar with their games. FE characters, Shulk, and Rhythm Heaven characters are no where as recognizable as pikachu or mario or kirby, etc. So if the leaker had solid evidence, then they might just suck with their knowledge of the characters. It also could mean they saw a very early draft with ideas thrown around of the final roster before development began hence the things like '6 gen pokemon' and just putting Chrom their before meeting with intelligent systems/seeing how well awakening was doing.

Back on topic though, it could mean marshal over the chorus men. I am sure whoever makes the cut will have a unique moveset and marshal vs the chorus men isn't too bad because the designs are similar and they could have alts that look the same... I mean if you are in it for the characters themselves over the mechanics of said possible characters.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
But all of those mistakes could happen for someone not familiar with their games. FE characters, Shulk, and Rhythm Heaven characters are no where as recognizable as pikachu or mario or kirby, etc. So if the leaker had solid evidence, then they might just suck with their knowledge of the characters. It also could mean they saw a very early draft with ideas thrown around of the final roster before development began hence the things like '6 gen pokemon' and just putting Chrom their before meeting with intelligent systems/seeing how well awakening was doing.

Back on topic though, it could mean marshal over the chorus men. I am sure whoever makes the cut will have a unique moveset and marshal vs the chorus men isn't too bad because the designs are similar and they could have alts that look the same... I mean if you are in it for the characters themselves over the mechanics of said possible characters.
I understand not knowing, I just don't understand how he wouldn't do a google image search to verify. It literally takes a second.

As for, Rhythm Heaven, Marshall V. Chorus Kids is too similar to matter, in my opinion. I am not familiar the series, but anyone from Rhythm Heaven seems like an interesting choice to me and I'm all for it.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I understand not knowing, I just don't understand how he wouldn't do a google image search to verify. It literally takes a second.

As for, Rhythm Heaven, Marshall V. Chorus Kids is too similar to matter, in my opinion. I am not familiar the series, but anyone from Rhythm Heaven seems like an interesting choice to me and I'm all for it.
*cough*I'm hoping for rhythm girl*cough*
Have you seen people use artwork and credit it to Google or say "I don't know who the original creator/artist is" instead of Google searching the image. People are that lazy.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
*cough*I'm hoping for rhythm girl*cough*
Have you seen people use artwork and credit it to Google or say "I don't know who the original creator/artist is" instead of Google searching the image. People are that lazy.
I know people are, but if you are trying to seem credible it's the least you could do. Not "Oh, look a character I don't know? Must be Shulk!"

Honestly, I will be a little disappointed if there is no Rhythm Heaven rep because this leak made the idea grow on me.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I know people are, but if you are trying to seem credible it's the least you could do. Not "Oh, look a character I don't know? Must be Shulk!"

Honestly, I will be a little disappointed if there is no Rhythm Heaven rep because this leak made the idea grow on me.
Meh I guess but idk maybe they were pretty certain-ish. I am glad the leak brought in more people to consider rhythm heaven- it's kinda funny how before the leak most people scoffed at rhythm heaven suggestions outside of it just appearing as a stage.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
The idea of the Chorus Kids has grown on me certainly. I too will be completely disappointed if I don't see them, they are so unique to not be added.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Chrous Kids did have a precursor with the The Clappy Trio from Rhythm Tengoku, however. Both The Clappy Trio and Glee Club share the same premise of you controlling the far right member and mimicking the other members, with The Clappy Trio focusing on a group of clappers while Glee Club focuses on a group of singers.

Funnily, The Clappy Trio and Glee Club even share similar "Try Again" screens too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom