• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Another doodle from me! :p

Speaking of which, what do you guys think their Final Smash would be? I personally would love to see KimmotMan's Karate Man idea.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Speaking of which, what do you guys think their Final Smash would be? I personally would love to see KimmotMan's Karate Man idea.
Looks awesome! I love the one just hanging on at the end, haha.

Also, @ APC99 APC99 look. Tell me it's a sign. ;)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Question: Why does it say Unity?

Also: @Louie G., I noticed that the Chorus Kids were in the intro animation in Game & Wario, when Wario is flipping through channels. Just thought I should mention that.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Question: Why does it say Unity?
I'm.. not entirely sure, I have a thing for writing random inspiring words on my silly drawings. Though I guess you could say it's referencing how the three are suppose to be in union with their singing (aswell as how they might fight in Smash) yet they're scrambling to get the Smash Ball. :awesome:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

I like the Karate Man idea. I honestly don't know what they can do, they have a lot of potential.

I really love your drawing!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Seriously, at this point for me, it's these guys and K. Rool. That's all I really need left with the newcomers to be satisfied. We could get anything else in addition, but as long as they're here, I'm good. :)

I'm actually working on a (for now just) special moveset for them, as well. Just need to think of a fitting recovery.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Shulk, these guys, and the return of Lucas is all I need.

As for an Up Special, many people thought of a consecutive charge jump, where you have to press Up-B to the rhythm to have a better chance of recovery.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Shulk, these guys, and the return of Lucas is all I need.

As for an Up Special, many people thought of a consecutive charge jump, where you have to press Up-B to the rhythm to have a better chance of recovery.
Perhaps See-saw would work well for that.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Personally I want the chorus men to be one character but have all three at the same time in a visual way, in "synchronized" position if you will, example: The fan trailer for them shows them hitting Wario, that could be their neutral A move and to get the most damage from it, you have to press the A button at the right time. But you could also do it really out of tune and it will be very weak.

Chorus_Men

Smash Rookie
If they are added, Its even better, because then there is an Amiibo version. I want a Chorus Kid figure next to my computer~!

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
If they are added, Its even better, because then there is an Amiibo version. I want a Chorus Kid figure next to my computer~!
These guys, Kirby, Villager, and Olimar, would be my ideal Amiibo collection. Unfortunately they're a little pricey so I'll end up getting just one.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Well, I finally played RH DS, since I randomly found it in the $10 bin in Wal-Mart. Never heard the entire Glee Club track until now, it was adorable. I can just tell these kids have to have amazing taunts if they get in.
Somehow the Club Nintendo code was used even when its supposed to be new...but that's a whole other story.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It probably just expired. I don't think RHDS is eligible for registering at Club Nintendo anymore, but I could be wrong. There's a list.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I wonder when I will be added to the support list. Not really sure if I asked before...

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Chorus Kids have been pretty dead lately I've been noticing.

They play the cantata, but everyone else would prefer the sonata.

Chorus_Men

Smash Rookie
Can I please be added too? Wasn't there an announcement that all the characters would be revealed tomorrow? (August 12th) Or was there a Reschedule.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Can I please be added too? Wasn't there an announcement that all the characters would be revealed tomorrow? (August 12th) Or was there a Reschedule.
Nah that was just Corocoro wording something wrong. They're just showing off what we know so far.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Just a random thought I had the other day: what would the Chorus Kids sound like, exactly? I can just imagine the three letting out an adorable harmonious scream after getting knocked away..

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Just a random thought I had the other day: what would the Chorus Kids sound like, exactly? I can just imagine the three letting out an adorable harmonious scream after getting knocked away..
It is so funny, but I can picture the Chorus Kids being voiced by Tara Strong (Timmy Turner, Young Ben 10) ever since I saw their mini game, "Glee Club"!:laugh:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Pretend I'm a Chorus Kid hater (Which I'm not), why would they be a better choice then Marshal? I remember someone saying one was actually in Rhythm Heaven Fever?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Pretend I'm a Chorus Kid hater (Which I'm not), why would they be a better choice then Marshal?
There is some value in the point that by being three it can accurately represent all the games in RH that involve timed group performances (clappy trio, glee club, tap trial, etc.)

But aside from that, I think ultimately they're both equally good at representing the series. If one is preferred over the other, I believe it's probably more from a design perspective since some people don't like marshall and some do.

I remember someone saying one was actually in Rhythm Heaven Fever?
Yes, there's one in an infinite game with the Munchy Monk. Forget the name atm.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
At least in the US, Chorus Kids were pretty much the front and center of advertising, so that could be somethin' they've got goin'.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Pretend I'm a Chorus Kid hater (Which I'm not), why would they be a better choice then Marshal? I remember someone saying one was actually in Rhythm Heaven Fever?
For me it's that aesthetically the Kids are more appealing (also cuter) than Marshal and they could represent the rhythm syncing mechanism better.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
At least in the US, Chorus Kids were pretty much the front and center of advertising, so that could be somethin' they've got goin'.
For the DS version where as Marshal is more so for the Wii version along with rhythm girl and wrestler and such. Rhythm girl also was front and center of the Japan Only GBA version. All of the top suggested RH characters have a lot of good things going for them so really jsut root for your favorite I guess.

Chorus_Men

Smash Rookie
I just realized the Gematsu leak said the characters would be in the game, not be playable. We know Chrom won't be a playable character because he is Robin's final smash. Chorus kids might just be an assist trophy, even though I hope they turn out being playable.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I think Marshall's going to be a one-time character. He has his equivalents in both the GBA game and the DS game as the Drummer and the Frog Hopper. Those two and Marshall all appear in the opening of the game and thank the players at the end of the credits. And they each have their own minigame, Marshall's being Night Walk, Frog Hopper's being Frog Hop, and the Drummer's being an entire bonus mode dedicated to him. And neither of the characters have reappeared in the games afterwards outside of cameos yet. Marshall isn't necessarily the most likely character even if he's given a recency bonus.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
In my opinion, based on advertisements and the general perception of the series among people, the Chorus Kids would be the far more iconic and recognizable choice. They've been used in quite a bit of media for Rhythm Heaven, and were even chosen to have a cameo in Game and Wario when something from Fever could've been used instead. Just looking at their design screams Rhythm Heaven. (no pun intended)

Not only that, I think they would be able to represent the concept of the series a bit better since they have the whole trio thing going on for 'em. As others have said, they would be able to implement the synchronicity aspect into their moveset with more ease than Marshal. Basically, they have much more room for including rhythm-based attacks.

This last point is completely bias, but c'mon, how adorable would it be sing your opponent to death? :chuckle:

I just realized the Gematsu leak said the characters would be in the game, not be playable. We know Chrom won't be a playable character because he is Robin's final smash. Chorus kids might just be an assist trophy, even though I hope they turn out being playable.
Why would he include an assist trophy in a list of otherwise playable characters? :L Surely the leaker's source would've been able to differentiate the position of the characters. In regards to Chrom, it's very possible that was simply outdated information since Sakurai did mention considering Chrom a while back. The "Pokemon from X and Y" thing could refer to the XY placeholder slot before the decision of Greninja was finalized. If this is the case, the source could've acquired the information around the same time, hence why he included Chrom since he may have been in consideration at the time. The leak is outdated, not incorrect.

Whether or not this is good or bad for the Chorus Kids is debatable, though I am fully confident Sakurai would go with them if there is indeed a Rhythm Heaven rep.

Last edited:
Top Bottom