• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
The Chorus Kids are in serious jeopardy or outright nonexistent now. Sneaky Spirit proves nothing beyond RH has something in Smash Run. It's unclear if this is a 'Brawl Animal Crossing Icon' or not.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Sneaky Spirits are so random, so left field, that I highly doubt Rhythm Heaven will be without a character.
Chorus Kids, Karate Joe, Wrestler, Marshal, somebody.

It's not like they're some iconic enemy that'll just be added to Smash Run because screw it.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I have serious doubt in the Chorus Kids, but I've still got the feeling a character Rhythm Heaven has a decent chance.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Just because Robin is in doesn't make the Gematsu leak completely wrong, this is the same leak that predicted Village, Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Little Mac, X and Y Pokemon, Pac Man, Mii Fighters, and Palutena.
- Are people forgetting that he never said anything about Rosalina, he also never specified Greninja as Sakurai even said that he had a place hoolder spot for an X and Y Pokemon.
-Lucina is also very similar to Chrom, there is a chance they switched the two early on to avoid another blue haired male swordsman.
-With Monolith Soft re tweeting the news of this direct, there may have been a chance that they thought it would be Shulk's trailer. Or they knew it was and Sakurai just switched it to make it more of a surprise.
-The Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run is still relavant.

People are jumping the gun way to quick saying the leak is dead, it isn't, but it wasn't completely right. I still think Shulk and the Chorus Men are on there way with the possibility of even more newcomers not specified in the leak.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't know what to think anymore.
The Gematsu deniers are having their field day. But like others have said Sneaky Spirit exists, I'm holding on to that and I want them more than ever now.
My new belief:

Sakurai is actually Oprah Winfrey and in the next direct he'll appear and be like....

"and you get a Shulk!...."
"and you get a Chorus Kids!..."
"and you get an Isaac!...."
"and you get a k Rool!..."
"and you get a Ridley!...."
"and you get a Takamaru!..."
"and you get a Mewtwo!...."
"Everybody gets everybody!!!!"
*crowd goes mad*

Hey, it makes as much sense as anything else right now.

A rhythm heaven rep isn't a no go, you should probably come to terms with the possibility of it not being Chorus Kids though.

Last edited:

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Who do you think would be our rep if CK don't make it in? I've heard a lot of people talk about Karate Joe or Wrestler, but - granted this comes from having never played either of their minigames - I could see Wrestler as an assist or stage asset of some kind, be it background bit or hazard.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Who do you think would be our rep if CK don't make it in? I've heard a lot of people talk about Karate Joe or Wrestler, but - granted this comes from having never played either of their minigames - I could see Wrestler as an assist or stage asset of some kind, be it background bit or hazard.
All I want is the Reporter.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'm 100% set on Rhythm Heaven definitely having a rep.

I could totally see Chrom having been considered initially but dropped because of logistics (just wtf can you DO with him?) and Lucina added as a clone/alt due to Sakurai's desire to please as many people as possible.

But Chorus Kids ... if that idea was considered in the first place, I'm sure it's sticking. And if not, at the least we're getting a Rhythm Heaven rep.

And I would FLIP A **** if Rhythm Monkey appeared. Like, you have no idea how crazy I'd go. But still, I'm expecting CK more than anything.

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
My new belief:

Sakurai is actually Oprah Winfrey and in the next direct he'll appear and be like....

"and you get a Shulk!...."
"and you get a Chorus Kids!..."
"and you get an Isaac!...."
"and you get a k Rool!..."
"and you get a Ridley!...."
"and you get a Takamaru!..."
"and you get a Mewtwo!...."
"Everybody gets everybody!!!!"
*crowd goes mad*

Hey, it makes as much sense as anything else right now.

A rhythm heaven rep isn't a no go, you should probably come to terms with the possibility of it not being Chorus Kids though.
Anybody from RH but Karate Joe.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I still think it's most likely Chorus Men, remember Salromano posted about Animal Crossing Guy, which it could possibly be Tom Nook or the Villager, we got specifically the Villager. People are doing the same thing to Chorus Me (with choices like Karate Joe and Marshal), and I doubt plans have changed to make another RH character playable.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Add me to the supporter list. I support them because I personally LOVE quirky characters.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The added 'uh oh' in the title combined with the OP's Wario avatar made me laugh, as I could just see Wario saying a quick "Uh oh" in my mind. xD

Anyway, personally I couldn't care less about this character, and it's really why I wish the leak was false. However, unlike so many others today, I can not cast away this leak just because it was inaccurate in one place. Too many characters were predicted right (and seriously, who could have predicted all of those characters right but not had some inside information? It's absurd).

So I still fully believe Shulk and Chorus Boys will be in. I just hope that there are additional newcomers because those don't really do anything for me.

•Col•

Smash Champion
inb4 support list evaporates

:troll:

Nah but seriously. Chorus Kids are cute/funny. Wouldn't mind if they ended up in the game after all.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
So basically we're going back to pre-leak days.
No offense, but is this a bad thing? There was little to no speculation with that leak since most people were sure it was correct. Also we can finally have a little more faith in certain character choices (Ridley, K. Rool, Isaac, Dixie, etc), which even if it is wrong in the end can always be a good thing for the time being. (Note: I'm not sure if you were saying it was a bad thing, so my mistake if you weren't. It's hard to tell how you feel with this post.)

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
No offense, but is this a bad thing? There was little to no speculation with that leak since most people were sure it was correct. Also we can finally have a little more faith in certain character choices (Ridley, K. Rool, Isaac, Dixie, etc), which even if it is wrong in the end can always a good thing for the time being. (Note: I'm not sure if you were saying it was a bad thing, so my mistake if you weren't. It's hard to tell how you feel with this post.)
Nah I prefer it too. Plus it gives so much more elbow room for possible Rhythm Heaven reps.
The person I was replying to, however, didn't seem thrilled about it.

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
Regardless of the leak, I'm still pretty confident that Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven representative are the final two newcomer reveals (so much so that I would make another bet with Warchamp).

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Things aren't looking so good any more, I'm slightly worried now
Although, the Sneaky Spirit still points to a Rhythm Heaven character of some sort. I'm just really hoping its the Chorus Kids...

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
I still have hope for a Rhythm Heaven Rep. The Sneaky Spirit is enough evidence for me.

Captain Falcon was announced today since it was the anniversary of F-Zero X for N64 in Japan. Sakurai's pretty sneaky with these reveals.

I feel like our best shot for a Rhythm Heaven character is at the end of this Month on July 31st. The Japanese Release of Rhythm Tengoku Gold/Rhythm Heaven DS.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
In other news, Captain Falcon (a veteran) got revealed along with the newcomer(s) of the day.

I think it's fairly reasonable to expect the likes of Wario to be revealed at the same time as a Rhythm Heaven rep.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Just remember to not give up now, as we now have a definative answer for a character from Rhythm Heaven. Which is a bigger deal then people think considering the lack of focus was always a problem with Rhythm Heaven.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
In other news, Captain Falcon (a veteran) got revealed along with the newcomer(s) of the day.

I think it's fairly reasonable to expect the likes of Wario to be revealed at the same time as a Rhythm Heaven rep.
Not necessarily Wario. It looks like the veterans revealed with the newcomers don't make sense anymore. Who'd think Falcon would be with Robin AND Lucina ?

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
Not necessarily Wario. It looks like the veterans revealed with the newcomers don't make sense anymore. Who'd think Falcon would be with Robin AND Lucina ?
Because today is F-Zero X's Anniversary :)

Just hope for a Rhythm Heaven rep to be announced on the 31st this month for Rhythm Heaven DS's Japanese Anniversary. At least that's my speculation.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Because today is F-Zero X's Anniversary :)

Just hope for a Rhythm Heaven rep to be announced on the 31st this month for Rhythm Heaven DS's Japanese Anniversary. At least that's my speculation.
Didn't know that ! So we can still consider anniversaries now.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
So Sal's leaker said: "I only know what has been done, not what or when they will be made available. Sakurai may change his mind, and he does all the time. Shulk will not be changed."

Sal emailed him about it and he's waiting for a response. Who knows now, he most probably had old info. I'm still hopeful.

D

Deleted member

Though the credibility of the second leak has gone down quite a bit, the sneaky spirit still exists. I actually liked the ideas for this character, so I'm still hopeful. There is one theory I have regarding the leak, which would explain everything, but it's a little farfetch'd. Regardless;

If you still want this character to be in the game, continue to support them. The Kids are not Chrom. They haven't been outright disconfirmed. There is still hope. The biggest evidence pointing to the Kids specifically may be gone, but there is still a chance that they are playable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Hey, I'm not a Chorus Kids supporter, but I figured I should pop in.

As a Ridley supporter, I'd like to apologize in advance for the treatment to come. The mass abandonment of supporters in droves, the disillusionment, the occasional troll and detractor popping in telling you how delusional you are and how you need to face reality...

But at least you have it better than the Shulk supporters. Outside of some tweets, there's no proof of any Xenoblade representation.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Chrom being deconfirmed doesn't deconfirm the Chorus Kids/Men.

Even with the Gematsu Leak being dead, the remaining characters listed in it still have a chance to be playable, with the Chorus Men being more-likely than Shulk because of the Sneaky Spirit enemy in Smash Run.

Trolls better realize these facts before going about with their trolling.

Hong

The Strongest
I should add that (unrelated to the above post or current discussion) I have been reading this thread for quite some time now. I hope that, should the Chorus Men be revealed, everyone will play nice. :)
Just to bring this back up for anyone who missed it.

No need to come into this thread and pick on Chorus Men supporters. It's 100% okay to argue their validity and their chances, but maintain some civility.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
The problem with the Chorus Kids is that nobody really thought of them before the leak, and I'm honestly kind of doubting that Sakurai would have thought of them if the leak's fake. It's definitely possible for Rhythm Heaven to get a character, but unless the planets align and the leak was actually partially right about the things yet to be confirmed, I don't think the Chorus Kids have much a chance anymore.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
lLet me make something clear:
GEMAtSU IS'NT dead.
It is rather clear that Sakurai planned Chrom early on, but changed to Robin for uniqueness.
The only thing we have to be concerned about is the Chorus Kids getting changed to a different Rh rep too.

Top Bottom