• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice
What i found odd is that the Fan club games practice mode was harder than the actual game, and that I managed to pass remix 1 first try despite never passing fan club. Odd.

Also, we absolutely need Remix 10 from both Heaven and Fever, and then Remix 6 from Tengoku as music tracks. As well as Karate Joe's theme from Heaven.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
It's always going to strike me as odd how the mixup of all the games in Tengoku is the third to last remix instead of the last like the other two titles.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also, we absolutely need Remix 10 from both Heaven and Fever, and then Remix 6 from Tengoku as music tracks. As well as Karate Joe's theme from Heaven.
And Air Rally, complete with sound effects.

BA BOM BOM BOM

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
What i found odd is that the Fan club games practice mode was harder than the actual game, and that I managed to pass remix 1 first try despite never passing fan club. Odd.

We need all vocal songs, in all honesty. =P

Since Warioware Inc had both English and Japanese versions of the same songs it got, it makes me wonder if the Rhythm Heaven stage will be like that. I hope so, since I like both versions of each song.

It's always going to strike me as odd how the mixup of all the games in Tengoku is the third to last remix instead of the last like the other two titles.
That really threw me off lol. It's amazing how different Tengoku was.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I liked how they had a remix of remixes after the one with all the songs, particularly since Remix 2 is pretty spunky.

The last remix I didn't get though, that one was just random. And evil.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If the chorus kids are in... I want Lea Michelle, Naya Rivera, and Darren Criss to be the voices. @synesthe-sia

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I am so ready for the Chorus Kids. Beat RHDS today, on my way to Superbing everything and then perfect.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hey guys you know that thing in i think it was tetris on the nes where several nintendo characters playing instruments

well i was thinking wouldn't it be kind of cool if they remade this in the chorus kids reveal trailer (or indeed any music based character)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
hey guys you know that thing in i think it was tetris on the nes where several nintendo characters playing instruments

well i was thinking wouldn't it be kind of cool if they remade this in the chorus kids reveal trailer (or indeed any music based character)
That is ridiculous!
Captain Falcon would never be trained in an upright Bass.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The thread title is kinda funny, considering none of this even really started until there was already very good reason to believe Chorus Men were in the game. It's not like real support for the Chorus Men began long ago and since then they've had to contend with the possibility of deconfirmations and stuff like most other candidates.

They've pretty much had their road paved for them. ;)

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
The thread title is kinda funny, considering none of this even really started until there was already very good reason to believe Chorus Men were in the game. It's not like real support for the Chorus Men began long ago and since then they've had to contend with the possibility of deconfirmations and stuff like most other candidates.

Yeah, can't say it's the most appropriate title for them.

Hong

The Strongest
What about thm is so cute, exactly? I mean, they are, I get it, but I don't analytically understand why.
With cases like Kirby, sometimes it's a matter of simplicity.

Short stubby body, big expressive face, and they really put their heart into it. The bow ties are such a small, but monumental touch.

I should add that (unrelated to the above post or current discussion) I have been reading this thread for quite some time now. I hope that, should the Chorus Men be revealed, everyone will play nice. :)

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
What about thm is so cute, exactly? I mean, they are, I get it, but I don't analytically understand why.
Proportions. Same reason a lot of people think Marshal isn't as cute. He's skinnier with spindly limbs and has hands.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Yeah yeah I know. Just referencing a song. :p
This new title should suffice.

It's really more about all the hate that we have to deal with.
I know it hasn't been long but jeez it feels like forever.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well you kinda have to expect hate when you're handling the thread of SSB4's ROB.

It's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But hopefully it gets better quickly after the worsening. :p

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
If I'm going to be honest I'm seeing relatively little hate for the Chorus Kids, at least compared to what I was expecting. I'd even say Chrom has a little more scorn behind him, or if not that, then less love.

And even if the Chorus Kids did get some wave of anger if they're confirmed, I can't say I wouldn't have expected it.

Hong

The Strongest
It's strange, if you ask me.

I have never played a Rhythm Heaven game, so I can't pretend to be an expert, but it's not like there is a lot to understand about them, since they are just one game within a game of many.

So in that sense, with Chorus Men, what you see is more or less what you get. Not like the Villager or something, a character who will be pulling out all sorts of crazy things for their moves. Sure their Final Smash may be Glee Club, and they may have attacks that involve soundwaves to reflect their singing ability, and I don't think pulling out objects from Rhythm Heaven is in the realm of possibilities...

But the three of them is such an honest and straight-forward prospect. I feel they should be simple to assess as a fighter, and that's where the detractors lose me. I find them to be immensely charming. Both their simplistic art style and the fact there are three of them opens up a realm of possibilities for what they can do as a fighter. To me that is immensely appealing.

I guess a lot of the same people who only want bad ass and cool characters can't appreciate something a little silly.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce

I have never played a Rhythm Heaven game, so I can't pretend to be an expert, but it's not like there is a lot to understand about them, since they are just one game within a game of many.

So in that sense, with Chorus Men, what you see is more or less what you get. Not like the Villager or something, a character who will be pulling out all sorts of crazy things for their moves. Sure their Final Smash may be Glee Club, and they may have attacks that involve soundwaves to reflect their singing ability, and I don't think pulling out objects from Rhythm Heaven is in the realm of possibilities...
Yeah, I tried pulling together some kind of gimmick for them a couple pages back, but I didn't even begin to think what kind of moves they could have. I'm not going to be making any bets for what it'll end up being.

Hong

The Strongest
Hm, really? Well, I suppose I'll have to make a moveset for them in that case. :)

I think if someone like me who has never played any Rhythm Heaven games can do it, surely. Mr. Sakurai and his team will make short work of it.

Will get to it eventually. Some time after EVO, for sure.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
At least people were warned ahead of time. There's already been a good amount of people who warmed up to the idea.
Sadly, there's going to be that guy that still hates WFT and didn't hear about the leak. Which is why I want them revealed to the world already :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If I'm going to be honest I'm seeing relatively little hate for the Chorus Kids, at least compared to what I was expecting. I'd even say Chrom has a little more scorn behind him, or if not that, then less love.

And even if the Chorus Kids did get some wave of anger if they're confirmed, I can't say I wouldn't have expected it.
I definitely see more hate for the Chorus Men outside of Smashboards than inside. The people I've spoken to irl aren't psyched about them, and I received several messages from people saying they really don't want to see them after I put up that banner on deviantart. I think the areas where people have become more acclimatized to the leak result in less hate on the Chorus Men, but so far people who know about the leak still make up the minority of those just generally interested in Smash 4.

I guess a lot of the same people who only want bad *** and cool characters can't appreciate something a little silly.
I think a lot of it is they're unexpected and not particularly popular. If they were the clear faces of Rhythm Heaven, they would have gotten popularity a long time ago and more people would be open to them in Smash. Like with ROB, I think it's largely a case of people deeming them "unworthy" over actually hating on the characters themselves, which is dumb, but kinda how things go, especially when that character is to be revealed towards the end or last, as they become the target for all disappointment felt towards the roster.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

But the three of them is such an honest and straight-forward prospect. I feel they should be simple to assess as a fighter, and that's where the detractors lose me. I find them to be immensely charming. Both their simplistic art style and the fact there are three of them opens up a realm of possibilities for what they can do as a fighter. To me that is immensely appealing.

I guess a lot of the same people who only want bad *** and cool characters can't appreciate something a little silly.
Yeah, I'm beginning to think they'll get the Wario treatment where instead of direct influence from microgames, his moveset is mostly original but still captures Wario's characterization in those games. Most references from his games are subtle, unlike G&W where you can see where each of his attack came from.

I'd be fine with that, but I'd be lying to say if I wouldn't be disappointed if they don't pull a lot of stuff from Rhythm Heaven. I didn't mind it with Wario so it woudn't overshadow Wario land/World from his moveset. (Which actually ended up getting more inspiration taken for his animations, anyway.)

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Finally finished my moveset... Hope you guys like it! I spent a while brainstorming all the moves and their playstyle, not to mention their taunts and victory poses too.

The Chorus Kids are a rhythm based trio, requiring precise rhythmic button pressing and combo stringing in order to reach their true potential. Their specials involve pressing B in a 4/4 rhythm. Their other attacks can be used for combos; stringing them together in rhythm results in hard hitting attacks.

Entrance: A small stage appears on screen and the curtains part, revealing the three Chorus Kids. The third Kid is singing a long note while the other two stare at him disapprovingly.

Jab: When pressed with correct rhythm, each Chorus Kid will send a colorful note floating forward. The first three hits are small, soft notes. The final blow is a shockwave sent out by all the Kids singing at once.
Dash Attack: The Chorus Kids trip and fall. Essentially Kirby's Dash Attack from Smash 64.

Pummel: Front Chorus Kid slaps the opponent while the other two cheer him on from behind.
FThrow: Exhibition Match - The Chorus Kid throws the opponent lightly into the air as if pitching a ball to himself, following the pitch with a strong hit from a baseball bat.
UThrow: Crop Stomp - The Chorus Kid stomps on the ground, causing the opponent to be lifted slightly into the air. The Chorus Kid then grabs hold of the opponent again and throws him high up into the air.
DThrow: The opponent is thrown down on the ground and bounces back up.
BThrow: The opponent is passed back to each Chorus Kid and then thrown to the side when the end of the line is reached.

The Chorus Kids, when in the air, form a sort of wall. The Kids line up vertically and use their attacks simultaneously. This may seem very beneficial at first, but the Kids are very small to make up for it: they're about the size of one large character when lined up in the air.

Nair: Airboarder - The Chorus Kids hold on to boards under their feet and spin around once.
Fair: The Kids swing their heads forward. This can work as a meteor smash. Similar to Yoshi's Fair.
Uair: An upward kick with both feet.
Dair: The Chorus Kids spin downward. This is similar to Luigi's down aerial.
Bair: A drop kick to the back of the Kids. One of the most reliable kill moves in their moveset.

FTilt: Karate Man - A strong punch forward.
UTilt: Clappy Trio - The Kids clap above their heads.
DTilt: All of the Kids perform a low kick. Can force tripping.

FSmash: Big Rock Finish - A loud guitar riff is played by the Kids, sending a sound-wave in front of them.
USmash: Space Soccer - The Kids kick soccer balls high into the air. The move is a large disjointed hitbox, and has great vertical range.
DSmash: "Spin it Boys!' - The Kids spin around and create a small tornado surrounding them. This attack has some ending lag when the Chorus Kids stop spinning. Opponents can be sucked into the attack if close by.

NSpecial: Glee Club - The Chorus Kids strike a loud chord, sending a blue shockwave in three directions. You must press B in 4/4 rhythm for each of the Kids to join in. The first Kid sends a shockwave forward, the second in back, and the third above them. The shockwaves can form a barrier around the Chorus Kids if B is held down. Releasing the button causes the shockwaves to shoot in their respective directions.
SSpecial: Love Lab - A test tube filled with a red chemical is passed down from Kid to Kid by pressing B in 4/4 rhythm. With the first three beats, the tube is spawned and passed to the end. On the last beat, the Kid on the end tosses the tube forward, causing an effect to the victim. The effects go in a set order: Burn, Freeze, Spike. Spike in the air causes a meteor smash, and on the ground causes the opponent to be buried.
USpecial: Micro Row - The Chorus Kids squish down and charge up a boost that's direction can be changed while the boosts occur. Pressing B in time with the 4/4 beat can result in up to three boosts. This is purely for recovering purposes, as it doesn't cause any damage.
DSpecial: Tap Troupe - The Chorus Kids stomp on the ground, causing a small earthquake around their feet a la DK. To keep the quake going, B must be tapped in a syncopated 4/4 rhythm. If used in the air, Tap Troupe can result in a spike if sweet spotted.
Final Smash: DJ School - The Chorus Kids got a hold of DJ Yellow's DJ equipment, and use it to cause a big shockwave comparable to Tabuu's. One Kid is on the turntables, one is holding the mic, and the other is sitting on a speaker. One Kid scratches the records at the same time as another screams into the mic, causing said shockwave that can cause some damage, but mainly pushes the opponents off the stage.

UTaunt: The Kids "beam with pride", smiling with their hands on their hips and glowing yellow.
STaunt: The third Kid yawns and stretches, his big mouth agape. While he smacks his lips, his partners glare.
DTaunt: The third Kid makes a goofy face while the other two glare at him. He turns to them and immediately stops and gets back into position.

Winning Animations:
1. The trio runs in and sings their victory theme, striking a victorious pose when done. A crowd cheers as the Kids bow.
2. One Kid is held on the other two's shoulders and occasionally bounced, while the three smile happily.
3. The Kids "beam with pride", smiling with their hands on their hips and glowing yellow.

Losing Animation:
The third Kid claps rapidly with a huge grin on his face, while the other two glare at their energetic partner, clapping slowly and unenthusiastically.

I even linked the minigames referenced for those unfamiliar. Hopefully that helps visualize their moveset even more.

Thanks for making this thread such a success. Choir till the end!
@ Hong Hong

I posted this a while back. It outlines what I'd expect them to play like and what moves I'd expect and want them to have.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I mean... they would have to be based heavily on sound, rhythm, and the fact that there's three of them.
That's not entirely simple all outright in itself.

Hong

The Strongest
I mean... they would have to be based heavily on sound, rhythm, and the fact that there's three of them.
That's not entirely simple all outright in itself.
Actually, the fact there are three of them and their art style is more than enough for me.

I mean no insult, but it's a matter of creativity.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
as falcon's not in that pic i fail to see why it matters, you appear to have mistaken samus for him
All right... who is the bottom then? Ya know, the one I was clearly referencing? I'd appreciate knowing the correct answer, if you are going to correct me.

edit: foot mouth

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Oh, remember in Skull Girls with Big Band's trumpet easter egg? I want Chorus Kids to something similar with their singing as a smash taunt or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom