• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Just remember to not give up now, as we now have a definative answer for a character from Rhythm Heaven. Which is a bigger deal then people think considering the lack of focus was always a problem with Rhythm Heaven.
This 100%.

Robin and Lucina getting in over Chrom shows that the seemingly impossible can happen. Most people (myself included) thought that Chrom had the last Fire Emblem slot locked down due to the Gematsu leak. So there's no need to lose hope.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Just remember to not give up now, as we now have a definative answer for a character from Rhythm Heaven. Which is a bigger deal then people think considering the lack of focus was always a problem with Rhythm Heaven.
It may be the lack of sleep, but I don't quite get what you're saying here. Definitive character answer for a character, mostly. Apologies for the inconvenience. It sounds hopeful, though. I like hope.

lLet me make something clear:
GEMAtSU IS'NT dead.
It is rather clear that Sakurai planned Chrom early on, but changed to Robin for uniqueness.
The only thing we have to be concerned about is the Chorus Kids getting changed to a different Rh rep too.
I was honestly expecting that Chrom was swapped out for Lucina, just due to likely move similarities.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
You probably had several people saying this and I'm not a Chorus Kids or Gematsu fan at all, but the Gematsu leak being wrong doesn't mean that the little guys can't be playable, this is the time to prove that you really care about them and just didn't jump on the Chorus Kids bandwagon just because the were likely.

Are they less likely now ? Yes.
Are they now impossible ? **** No !

They still represent a new poppular Nintendo IP, could bring an interresting mechanic and even already have a smash run ennemy in favor of a RH rep.

Good luck, I hope that you will still get your character, nothing is disconfirmed until Sakurai said so =)

Hong

The Strongest
I would like to reiterate from my previous statements over SmashBoards:

Information was genuinely leaked. You don't guess Wii Fit Trainer and Mii Fighters. Maybe "Miis", but not the specific semantics.

But it is just that; a leak. Not an official statement. A game will only look like at most two-thirds of what you imagined it to be when you make the initial draft. A lot of your plans will change. Smash Bros has about a dozen characters who would end up postponed for another entry, replaced, or even not show up all.

Being so cocksure in leaked information is never a safe thing to do. It's rather clear that the second leak was indicative that the leaker is fraudulent. They had some real information from somewhere, but they're obviously not involved with the game development, or we would be getting accurate information.

The Chorus Men may still be in the cards depending on how early or late of a draft was leaked, and how much information they had. They still have plenty going on for them, so I would standfast and support the character that you love.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also to be frank, but Chorus Kids are fun to discuss considering it pertains to actually playing as them.

Also because they're so adorable!

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
I still think Chorus Men have a shot, although their chances have taken a bit of a hit. I'm very certain that we'll get a Rhythm Heaven Character, because the series very popular in Japan from what I understand. I'd say that this is the biggest Nintendo franchise that has no representation in Smash Bros (except for like Brain Age which I barely count). Of course there is also the Sneaky Spirit. I'm pretty sure the only enemies we have seen that don't belong to a represented series are the SubSpace Emissary characters, and the Polar Bear (but Ice Climbers are PROBABLY in). Rhythm Heaven representation hasn't taken much of a hit, whether it ends up being Chorus Men or someone else is up in the air though

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I still think Chorus Men have a shot, although their chances have taken a bit of a hit. I'm very certain that we'll get a Rhythm Heaven Character, because the series very popular in Japan from what I understand. I'd say that this is the biggest Nintendo franchise that has no representation in Smash Bros (except for like Brain Age which I barely count). Of course there is also the Sneaky Spirit. I'm pretty sure the only enemies we have seen that don't belong to a represented series are the SubSpace Emissary characters, and the Polar Bear (but Ice Climbers are PROBABLY in). Rhythm Heaven representation hasn't taken much of a hit, whether it ends up being Chorus Men or someone else is up in the air though
Advance Wars is much larger than Rhythm Heaven. So is Starfy.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I would like to reiterate from my previous statements over SmashBoards:

Information was genuinely leaked. You don't guess Wii Fit Trainer and Mii Fighters. Maybe "Miis", but not the specific semantics.

But it is just that; a leak. Not an official statement. A game will only look like at most two-thirds of what you imagined it to be when you make the initial draft. A lot of your plans will change. Smash Bros has about a dozen characters who would end up postponed for another entry, replaced, or even not show up all.

Being so cocksure in leaked information is never a safe thing to do. It's rather clear that the second leak was indicative that the leaker is fraudulent. They had some real information from somewhere, but they're obviously not involved with the game development, or we would be getting accurate information.

The Chorus Men may still be in the cards depending on how early or late of a draft was leaked, and how much information they had. They still have plenty going on for them, so I would standfast and support the character that you love.
I strongly agree with this. I'm so shocked that I have yet to see this brought up, but the Pokemon X and Y leak was a genuine leak with genuine information in it... and also a bit of wrong information! I fully believe that Sal Romano's source did actually have some information at some point. We still have the ghost enemy in Smash Run.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Came here to check the morale after Gematsu took a rather large hit this morning. Glad to see everyones' sneaky spirits are still high :]

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Likewise, I just want to be shakily animated and dapper (bowtie) while punching my favorite Nintendo characters to death. For a game I had near-zero interest in until recently, it's probably my favorite purchase in a while.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Anyone saying that Gematsu is completely dead is jumping to conclusions.

8/11 and Sneaky Spirit still stand.
I'm still on the outdated boat.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Anyone saying that Gematsu is completely dead is jumping to conclusions.

8/11 and Sneaky Spirit still stand.
I'm still on the outdated boat.
Don't forget "mii fighters".

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I came to this thread to say that I played the arcade version of Rhythm Heaven for the first time, the gameplay is so fun and it instantly became a favorite franchise for me, RH is an incredibly underrated franchise.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
cheering for you guys even more now; Good Luck! ... I hope to see the Chorus Kids playable in this game!... The Sneaky Spirits can't be nothing. :3

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Also because they're so adorable!
You kidding?
Have you seen those fangs they have?
It's oddly creepy. Mostly because they are adorable on the outside, but then they open their mouths and you're like "Wait, what? They're like little monsters."

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why does a rhythm heaven enemy in smash run MEAN a rhythm heaven character HAS to be in the game?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What it prooves is everyone is wrong about those 3 being the last

But the reason that the sal leak is dead is because he claim shulk is definatly tomorrow and we got lucina captain falcon and robin.

The problem is outdated but still likely deac at this point due to his claim about shulk is locked tomorrow.

Hong

The Strongest
Why does a rhythm heaven enemy in smash run MEAN a rhythm heaven character HAS to be in the game?
Simply being acknowledged as a series is a lot more than a number of franchises can speak for. It also goes to show they know how to correctly render the art style shared with the Chorus Men, which in turn helps to verify some of the technical concerns that fans have had.

That said, I wouldn't encouraged Chorus Men supporters to run any further with it than that.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You kidding?
Have you seen those fangs they have?
It's oddly creepy. Mostly because they are adorable on the outside, but then they open their mouths and you're like "Wait, what? They're like little monsters."
So a trio of singing bald albino ****** hell spawns?

It's probably the pugly cute effect kicking in again, because this wouldn't be the first time I've found odd characteristics charming. Like cuttlefish and jumping spiders.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
What it prooves is everyone is wrong about those 3 being the last

But the reason that the sal leak is dead is because he claim shulk is definatly tomorrow and we got lucina captain falcon and robin.

The problem is outdated but still likely deac at this point due to his claim about shulk is locked tomorrow.
Shulk being a lock for tomorrow is one hole in a leak that has been spot on about nearly everything else.
Chrom is another.

It's a big issue at the moment, but plans change.
E3 2013 plans were not set in stone, clearly. X/Y Pokemon is part of the leak. Shulk wasn't revealed.
However Sal was correct about 8/11 of the characters confirmed, got the Mii Fighter name, and Sneaky Spirits are enemies in Smash Run. Changing plans are the reason for the leak's inaccuracy, most likely.
Which gives credence to the "outdated" theory.
It's such a weird choice for a RH enemy that it isn't really something that would make sense without a character.
It's not like Sneaky Spirit was ever an obvious choice, or some iconic character in RH.

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
So far, the enemies in Smash Run consist of Enemies from the franchises of Fighters. With the exception of the Subspace Emissary baddies, who were enemies of basically everyone in Brawl.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If it weren't for the Sneaky Spirits, I would have been in shivels at the idea of the Chorus Kids being unlikely. They're the most rounded of any potential Rhythm Heaven character.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I've really grown to like the idea of a Rhythm Heaven rep (especially after buying RHDS and RHWii), and the fact that there's three Chorus Kids would allow Sakurai to represent the "group of characters, you're the one on the end, copy what they do" aesthetic that RH games use. I'd be fine if they went with, for instance, Karate Joe instead, but I've kind of gotten myself excited thinking of how the Chorus Kids could attack etc...

Oh well. I'm sure there's RH representation still in the game. If it still turns out to be Chorus Kids, that's fantastic, but I won't complain if they choose someone else for the series.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I been watching this thread. Im happy that Chorus Kids are really going amazing even with the death of gematsu leak.

The Sneaky Spirit is the only evidence we know that a RH Rep. could appear. Well, the sneaky Spirits are REALLY a ODD enemy characters in Smash run but better say is the oddest of all. And the other theory I came to mind Every fighter has a enemy in Smash run include the third party. Except the subspace emissary enemies, there from smash itself and Punch-out and Fire emblem STILL lacking enemy in Smash Run (Even with the 3 minutes reveal!?) but, yet Ice Climber have its own villain but not confirmed for Smash.

The possibility of a Represent of Rhythm Heaven have a chance more bigger than other favorite.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I've been watching this thread for quite a while now, and grown to like the idea of them. Sadly the 'death' of Gematsu has seemed to hurt their chances. However I believe the trio or any RH rep still has a shot of becoming apart of the roster, due to the supporting evidence. So I'll support these monochrome singers until proven otherwise!

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Gematsu and Sneaky Spirits tell us one thing: Rhythm Heaven was at some point in the mind of Sakurai. And if Gematsu is indeed correct, but just outdated, that still bodes pretty well.

See, with Chrom one could see Sakurai considering him and then dropping the idea due to diversity issues, to then favor Robin.
But when it comes to Rhythm Heaven, even if he drops Chorus Kids in favor of another RH rep, it's still Rhythm Heaven and likely to preserve the flavor and joy of the series.

I was pretty confident about a RH rep before Gematsu, and time has only made me more confident. I don't feel that today takes away any of that confidence.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I'd like to think that Karate Joe's reveal starts with the Mii Fighter Iwata in-engine, saying "I cannot reveal any more Smash Bros characters, it is too much for me to handle. I'm just a man, please underst-" before getting punched out by Karate Joe and transitioning the music into Lonely Storm.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
There is apparently a leak from gamefaqs a month ago that called Lucina over Chrom and a single Rhythm heaven guy... which reminded me of this video no one ever talks about yet looks exceptionally legitimate to me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just dropping in to say, why the 'Uh-oh'? You all still have sneaky spirits at your side. Well, of course, Karate Joe and others have them too.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Eh, Sneaky Spirits are a good omen (ironic, since they're ghosts) but we don't know for sure if each franchise with playable characters gets Smash Run enemies and vice versa. It'd be silly to assume Sakurai's setting up a precedent when he's demolished so many others with the same game.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

This should be their theme for the reveal.
"I just want to shine"
"cant leave the past behind you"
"the teardrops keep fallin down"
or this to be more legit sounding...

Last edited:
Top Bottom