• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chorus Kids for Smash Bros. DLC! ~ Lend your Song of Support in the Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! ~

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice
New member here!

Ever since the Gematsu leak, I've been lurking here in the Chorus Kids' page. It also introduced me to the Rhythm Heaven franchise! It is soooo gooooood!

Still believe they are going to be playable! :)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It doesn't, technically, although every other enemy is from a playable character's franchise. (With the exception of the Subspace Emissary enemies because they're from Super Smash Brothers itself.)
We have playable characters from the Super Smash Bros. franchise. They are the Mii Fighters. :troll:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Just dropping in to say, why the 'Uh-oh'? You all still have sneaky spirits at your side. Well, of course, Karate Joe and others have them too.
It was yesterday when we all kinda freaked out because we didn't know what this meant for the Kids.
But since Gematsu has been right in the past, I like to think that it's outdated and Chorus Kids are still on their way.
There is apparently a leak from gamefaqs a month ago that called Lucina over Chrom and a single Rhythm heaven guy... which reminded me of this video no one ever talks about yet looks exceptionally legitimate to me.

He clips through the ground.
Well, I don't know if this has been discussed before, but apparently a guy a month ago corrected the Gematsu leak in GameFAQ, stating Lucina would be in the game over Chrom and Marshal would be in the game over Chorus Boys.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69440637
I don't really think this is true for two reasons.
First, I feel that Sakurai will choose Chorus Kids over Marshal, since they have so much more potential and represent the series far better. Also, I think of Robin as Chrom's replacement, not Lucina. Chrom AND Lucina would have probably made it, as she is a clone.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It was yesterday when we all kinda freaked out because we didn't know what this meant for the Kids.
But since Gematsu has been right in the past, I like to think that it's outdated and Chorus Kids are still on their way.

He clips through the ground.

I don't really think this is true for two reasons.
First, I feel that Sakurai will choose Chorus Kids over Marshal, since they have so much more potential and represent the series far better. Also, I think of Robin as Chrom's replacement, not Lucina. Chrom AND Lucina would have probably made it, as she is a clone.
I swear to God if Lucina's clone-clusion means Dark Pit is in and Chorus Kids aren't, I will go over to Japan and tell off Sakurai :troll: but seriously I'll be pissed

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
Say if Marshal or a Single Chorus Kid ends up being playable, I can imagine Sakurai playing around with that.

There could be an Event Match called "GLEE CLUB" where you fight three of them.
And If you do a 3 Vs. 1, they could have a secret victory pose at the end of the match :p
If I do remember, the Star Fox Team has the same treatment with their Speech in Brawl.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Remember fellas.... even if it's Marshal.... we sorta win, because it's Rhythm Heaven representation nonetheless. :p

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
I read somewhere that one of the next trailers may feature the Chorus Kids/Marshal, alongside the Ice Climbers, Dixie Kong and Lucas.

That would be pretty neat, since each of those characters have a connection to Rhythm in some way.

If it's real, I can expect to see this trailer at the end of this month. On Rhythm Heaven DS's anniversary

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
just saying that the sneaky spirt is not the only enemy without a character as the find mii ghost is in smash run too and the mii fighters are smash orginal according to to the site

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
They'
just saying that the sneaky spirt is not the only enemy without a character as the find mii ghost is in smash run too and the mii fighters are smash orginal according to to the site
Despite having the Smash Symbol, They're still Mii's though. Pilotwings, the Tomodatchi Stage and Find Mii Stages are all Mii Based games too but with different symbols as well.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I read somewhere that one of the next trailers may feature the Chorus Kids/Marshal, alongside the Ice Climbers, Dixie Kong and Lucas.

That would be pretty neat, since each of those characters have a connection to Rhythm in some way.

If it's real, I can expect to see this trailer at the end of this month. On Rhythm Heaven DS's anniversary
That would be cool. Gotta love Dixie and Lucas.

domokl

Smash Lord
They'

Despite having the Smash Symbol, They're still Mii's though. Pilotwings, the Tomodatchi Stage and Find Mii Stages are all Mii Based games too but with different symbols as well.
but there still from the smash series as the mii fighters side of the mii was never seen until smash. so its still technically part of the smash series no matter how deep you go into the series. so find mii ghost is still valid.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
but there still from the smash series as the mii fighters side of the mii was never seen until smash. so its still technically part of the smash series no matter how deep you go into the series. so find mii ghost is still valid.
Let me try to put it this way; the Sword Fighters are QUITE obviously based on Find Mii.
The Brawlers are semi-based off Tomodachi Life. They are regular humans who gotta have somewhere to live.
The Gunners were probably thrown in to make it 3/because he thought it was cool.

chronomantic

Smash Ace

I'm torn between a (potential of course) Wario/Chorus Kids or Jiggly/Chorus Kids joint reveal on August 3rd.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Metroid anniversary August 6th
Rhythm Tengoku anniversary August 3rd

Ridley/Karate Joe reveal for August direct.

domokl

Smash Lord
Let me try to put it this way; the Sword Fighters are QUITE obviously based on Find Mii.
The Brawlers are semi-based off Tomodachi Life. They are regular humans who gotta have somewhere to live.
The Gunners were probably thrown in to make it 3/because he thought it was cool.
i really dont see the tomodachi life comparsion to the brawler but okay. the swordfighter sorta is based on find mii but dosent have a sheild or use magic. point is find mii ghost technically dosent have a character as its it own series as considerd by sakurai

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
i really dont see the tomodachi life comparsion to the brawler but okay. the swordfighter sorta is based on find mii but dosent have a sheild or use magic. point is find mii ghost technically dosent have a character as its it own series as considerd by sakurai
Well, It's not like you Fight those ghost in any other franchise.

I think the Mii's are a special case as well, because they don't have a true franchise to originate from (Yes Wii Sports is their Debut game and they have many other appearances.) But They're the avatars of the Nintendo Systems Wii and so on, thus a universal representation.

Now back to Chorus Kids, I have a silly thought, What If Karate Joe was their Final Smash?
The Kids could summon, or even transform into him and do some sort move like Kirby, Link, and Ike.

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
I think we've got two trailers left. The first I'm thinking we'll have someone like Shulk, probably around early/mid-August. The last one will be like a week before it releases in Japan, showing Ridley and K. Rool together, maybe a veteran villain as well like Wolf or arguably Meta Knight. I think the Rhythm Heaven rep will be in the game as a secret character imo

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
We may get a Rhythm Heaven rep... and now that the Gematsu Leak has ended, I'd like to see someone a bit more... familiar with fighting... like Karate Joe.. or the Wrestler.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I swear to God if Lucina's clone-clusion means Dark Pit is in and Chorus Kids aren't, I will go over to Japan and tell off Sakurai :troll: but seriously I'll be pissed
Lucina makes some sort of sense because it's a new model, but Dark Pit would just be pure laziness. It takes "clone" to a scary level.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I want the chorus kids over the abomination that is marshal.

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice
I want the chorus kids over the abomination that is marshal.
1) DJ Yellow (Will never happen)
2) Chorus Kids/Men
3) Rhythm Girl
4) Karate Joe
5) Reporter
6) Marshal
7) Wrestler X
8) Miss Ribbon

My personal list. I agree that Marshal is not nearly as appealing to me as Chorus Men, imo. Although I do feel Karate Joe and Rhythm Girl are more deserving, due to their prominence in the series and advertising respectively, I just like the Chorus Men way more for some reason. But I would not be upset if they got picked over the Chorus Men!

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, I agree with on Tomodachi and Find Mii, but I should tell you, Pilotwings isn't necessarily Mii-focused, I mean, I know they were the main focus of the most recent installment in the series: Pilotwings Resort, they aren't the main focus of the series. To get a better feel of what I mean, Take a look at this:
Behold, the cast of Pilot Wings 64 for....the Nintendo 64. (IMO, these are the most likely PW characters Sakurai would choose from.) My point is, if Sakurai would pick Miis from a game he'd pick them from Tomodachi and Pilot Wings has original characters he can choose from to be playable.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I would be more than fine with this.
[collapse=Relevant]
This music is god tier.[/collapse]
You tell me about.
There is apparently a leak from gamefaqs a month ago that called Lucina over Chrom and a single Rhythm heaven guy... which reminded me of this video no one ever talks about yet looks exceptionally legitimate to me.

I saw this fake leak trailer too but the only part that look legit. Is the first part, the one with the balloon stage.
Im still waiting for its real reveal.
Toon Link is clone but Lucina is taking to the next level, I think DARK PIT is gonna be in Im going piss.

Is not even a single RH Character(can be anyone from there) I gonna be double piss.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Here's something I drew up on Miiverse to show my support for the Kids!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've been having the hardest time thinking of a 'Chorus Kids verbs the noun!' pun, and this is probably the best I've seen.
Imagine if the tagline was literally "Verbs the Noun!"? Like, the team forgot to fill it in Mad Libs style? :p

That being said, the Sneaky Spirit still makes me confident for these guys. It's kinda funny. In my opinion the Chorus Kids are in a much better position that Shulk. At least we've seen a piece of Rhythm Heaven content. :D

It's just a shame we had to lose Chrom though...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
*cough* *cough* Mii Force *cough*

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
IMO, the three best tag lines would be:
Chorus Kids take the Stage
Chorus Kids Steal the Show
Chorus Kids beat the beat

Hong

The Strongest
We may get a Rhythm Heaven rep... and now that the Gematsu Leak has ended, I'd like to see someone a bit more... familiar with fighting... like Karate Joe.. or the Wrestler.
Aww. I think that's really boring.

It's one thing if the character comes from a violent game. Well, RH has some violence, but I mean more deliberate, like a fighting game or RPG. But if anything, I give top priority in Smash Bros to characters who are anything but fighters. It makes them more interesting IMO. Folks like :gw: and :4villager: are priceless as a result.

It would be unfair of me to vouch for specific Rhythm Heaven characters because I am not familiar with the series, but I'd prefer Chorus Men over either of those two.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
My main conflict with Wresler and Karate Joe is that I can actually see the potential, especially for the former since we hardly have grapplers in Super Smash Bros.

Though I feel as though it wouldn't give an impression on what Rhythm Heaven is supposed to be about, a series of quirky rhythm based minigames. Hence why that being paralleled with a quirky character that attacks using musical elements does make sense to me. I'm not even talking about "he attacks with singing" either, I'm more so talking about turning the fundamentals like the rhythm and tempo of music and converting into a playstyle that encourages you to keep up the momentnum of your attacks.

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice
Here's something I drew up on Miiverse to show my support for the Kids!

This line could probably be appropriate for a Jigglypuff x Chorus Kids reveal ala Falcon x Robcina
Jiggs takes the spotlight singing then Chorus Kids steals the show! Together with the conductor of course. Add Wario somewhere cause why not? :)

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
This line could probably be appropriate for a Jigglypuff x Chorus Kids reveal ala Falcon x Robcina
Jiggs takes the spotlight singing then Chorus Kids steals the show! Together with the conductor of course. Add Wario somewhere cause why not? :)
I think Jiggly will be held off until after release, but I can see Marshall with Ice Climbers.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Aww. I think that's really boring.

It's one thing if the character comes from a violent game. Well, RH has some violence, but I mean more deliberate, like a fighting game or RPG. But if anything, I give top priority in Smash Bros to characters who are anything but fighters. It makes them more interesting IMO. Folks like :gw: and :4villager: are priceless as a result.

It would be unfair of me to vouch for specific Rhythm Heaven characters because I am not familiar with the series, but I'd prefer Chorus Men over either of those two.
My main conflict with Wresler and Karate Joe is that I can actually see the potential, especially for the former since we hardly have grapplers in Super Smash Bros.

Though I feel as though it wouldn't give an impression on what Rhythm Heaven is supposed to be about, a series of quirky rhythm based minigames. Hence why that being paralleled with a quirky character that attacks using musical elements does make sense to me. I'm not even talking about "he attacks with singing" either, I'm more so talking about turning the fundamentals like the rhythm and tempo of music and converting into a playstyle that encourages you to keep up the momentnum of your attacks.

I'll give you that... I'd much rather have a quirky character as opposed to a fighting character, but I'm biased towards the Wrestler and Karate Joe, as I loved them in Rhythm Heaven Fever. Chorus Men would represent RH as a series better.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I'm not even talking about "he attacks with singing" either, I'm more so talking about turning the fundamentals like the rhythm and tempo of music and converting into a playstyle that encourages you to keep up the momentnum of your attacks.
I'm not seeing why Karate Joe can't have a gimmick like this.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord

I'm not seeing why Karate Joe can't have a gimmick like this.
It is pretty likely ANY rhythm heaven character would have some sort of rhythm move, gimmick, final smash, etc.

Top Bottom