• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Favorites? Okay, I'll bite.
1.:4lucina:
She was my 2nd most wanted character, and although she's a clone, it makes sense, and I have a history of maining Marth clones too. :awesome: She was also the first character to show that Gematsu wasn't 100% true and didn't have every character in the game. I also really love her character, especially as hope never did die for her support and she was able to change her destiny in both Fire Emblem and Smash.

2.:4palutena:
My 3rd most wanted character. I really liked her character in Uprising, and like how it was portraid in her trailer. She also seems to have a very fun and unique moveset. (The claws should be one of her A-attacks though) It also helps when she's attractive too. :shades:

3.:4robinm::4robinf:
They definitely seem to have a fun moveset, and they also represent Fire Emblem even better than I could have imagined. (Never though weapons breaking would ever be part of Smash) I was also a large supporter of him for a while until he started becoming extremely popular around here, that's when I started supporting Lucina. Also, they were the final killing stone for Chrom, which I definitely enjoyed. (I'm glad Chrom showed up in some form though.)

4.:4pacman:
I'm definitely a fan of him, and his design in Smash. He's one of the few characters who I support not because of me, but because of his fanbase, especially considering how much unneeded hatred they got before he was revealed. He's also got the uniqueness and seems to have a goofy playstyle, which I definitely like.
5. :rosalina:
She was my most wanted Mario newcomer, but I never found her likely, so I showed my support more often for Toad instead of her. But now she's in, and definitely seems to have a fun moveset (even if I usually do suck at puppetmasters) She was also our first newcomer since E3, so she definitely brought some hype. Needless to say, I'm glad Esla got in. :troll:

6..:4wiifit:
While she may seem a bit bland compared to some other characters, I still really like her inclusion. A lot of it is because of the massive butthurt that happened after she was revealed. She was also very unexpected, which I tend to like. Plus, it's been too long to not have a mannequin in Smash. :troll:

7.:4megaman:
Only because we got this thanks to his inclusion.

8.:4greninja:
He's grown on me the longer I've known about his inclusion. He was my first X and Y Pokemon, and he's got the moveset, so I like him.

9.:4littlemac:
While I don't really care to much about his inclusion, he's unique, and has awesome alt. costumes. 'Nuff said.

10.:4villager:
Kind of the opposite of Greninja, the longer I've known of him, the less I care about his inclusion.

11.:4mii:
One of my least wanted characters for Smash. What's even worse is how much time it takes to make them. Only good thing I see is that I can now play as Reggie.

solarunity6

Smash Rookie
11.:4palutena: I'm not saying I don't like her but I just haven't had any experiences with her as a character. She was the only newcomer that I didn't know who she was. This is probably because I never played the Kid Icarus series, and since I have never played her in ssb4 this is solely based on her concept. I am still optimistic and am open to liking her but with the game not out yet I don't have that connection.
10.:4greninja: Greninja is a very popular Pokémon now that x and y has been out for a while. I also know that he was planned to be in ssb4 before x and y was released. Greninja is a good choice for a character in the super smash bros series, but I wish sakurai held back with his reveal to work on his move set a little more. I feel that his move set is to little related on what he actually uses in the game. Still like I said before I am optimistic.
9.:4littlemac:I put little Mac here for a similar reason as palutena. Don't hate on me but as a child I sadly wasn't raised on video games and I unfortunately didn't play punch-out. He is higher than her because, his moves he has look very fun. Especially the KO meter aspect of his play. It adds a whole new unique way to play ssb.
8.:4lucina: Let me start with a story. The day before the release of the lives team that was to reveal a new newcomer, I was texting my friend about who we wanted in. He said that for a fire emblem rep. He wanted chrom. I told him that lucina would be a way better option and what do you know the next day she WaS revealed. But a MARTH CLONE!?!?!? she deserves more than that.
7.:4robinm::4robinf: I don't have much to say. It was a surprise to she him/her and their moves look good but I wasn't like OMY GOD MUST PLAY HIM/HER!
6.:4mii: This was a neat idea to have three different classes of them. Even with the ability to technically play as anyone it was all to expected from a Nintendo game
:4villager:5. I like the idea of beating people up with everyday items. Also everything he does just screams his franchise. I like the charm he brings to the game based around beating the living daylights out of people.
4.:4megaman: Mega man is a character a lot of people recognize including me. I like his attacks his design and he just fits. He isn't my favorite newcomer because from what I've seen of him he almost fits in to well I feel like he might turn into the Mario of ranged characters with all around stats and no main focus point.
3.:4pacman: The reason this character is so high up is because he screams iconic. He is a major part of gaming history and I like how sakurai treated him as that. His final ash is just what it should be and his moves are all from great classic games. He fits in to the series and provides a new recognizable character into the already hit series.
2.:rosalina:What can I say she is a loved character in the franchise (for more reasons than one) and adding her was a very good reason in my opinion. I think her unique gameplay with lime will be both complex but redeeming. I also feel with time she will be a very viable character. In general I feel that there should be more characters like her in the game.
1. :4wiifit: I grew up on many things video games weren't there in my life until later. Some of the few games I played were Wii party type games withy family Wii wit was a common sighting in my house especially the yoga my mom would be in front of the TV striking all of the poses. We can say that the Wii fit trainer was kinda like part of our family. When I heard she was in ssb4 I was kinda skeptical. How would a character like her be viable for the game? Then I saw her play striking yoga poses for moves and all of the fun hulahoops for recovery remind me of those days on the Wii and of some of my first video games I got into more fighting like games and shooters a few years back and ssb like two years ago. I never would have thought that one of those Wii characters would get in even with the game being a Nintendo game. I love her quirkiness and just what she reminds me of and this is why she is at the top of the list.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
best to worst
1.greninja-i love pokemon and he was my starter in y and he completly confirmed mewtwo to be playable
2 little mac-love punch out and he looks fun and powerful
3 pacman- my favorite namco character and i like how they did the old school pac man
4 robin-a unique addition not just another swordsmen and well replace one of my mains ike
5 mega man-robot nuff said
6 mii- dont like the 3 characters but glad i can get characters that dont make it in playable
7 villager-ehh
8 rosilina-wanted bowser jr and paper mario more
9 palitena- dont really care for ki
10 lucina-clones again
11-wii fit trainer-waste awful anyone but her even more clones

Staarih

Smash Master
I wanna give this a go too.

11. :4lucina:
I'm not a fan of Fire Emblem, but that's not the sole issue... I'm just definitely not a fan of clones. The whole back story to her inclusion is probably understandable, but it also made me sort of like her less, knowing that she was initially planned as an alt for Marth, which would have been an all-around better solution in my book. Oh well.

10. :4mii:
As much as I try to like these guys, I can't. Well, I don't hate them, and some of the stuff we've seen them do are pretty impressive... it's just the Mii characters themselves which I've always find annoyingly disturbing for some reason haha! But points for giving us an opportunity to technically play as any character we create.

9. :4robinm::4robinf:
I'm totally digging the route Sakurai took with Robin, really opens up a new page for FE-characters (not being only sword-fighters). Introduced a whole new character to me too. But me not being a fan of Fire Emblem, it didn't really hype me as much as I would have hoped, but I'm definitely interested in trying Robin out.

8. :4littlemac:
Little Mac has always gone under the radar for me, I don't know why. I hardly knew who he was, not having played Punch-Out ever. Yeah, I might be a major minority here, but I can't really help it haha. When he was revealed, I was hyped mainly because everyone else was hyped. Now, looking back, while he is an interesting character, I've found myself to be more interested in some of the other characters.

7. :4villager:
Finally we have an Animal Crossing -rep, so points for that. I like the way Villager stays true to his games, but on the other hand, he looks a bit "all over the place". This might change when I actually get to play as him. Also, the more I've known about him, the less I really care... but I do like him anyway!

6. :4megaman:
I've never been an advocate for Mega Man - actually, I barely ever was in the Smash speculative scene until very recently, so I didn't know how popular of a character he is/was. Here's another example of me not being very familiar with a character, not having played any Mega Man games, but I did know who he was (that much of an icon he must be haha!). So of course I'm glad he got in, if not for me, then for other people. Not exactly sure if I like the way he plays, but I still really want to test him out once I get the game.

5. :4palutena:
First, I didn't care for Palutena at all. I didn't get hyped from her reveal trailer, she seemed like a lifeless character, nothing interesting. But now, the more we DON'T know about her (she's hardly been in any PotD's or the like), the more interesting she gets. And I've also grown to appreciate her style: she's a pretty impressive looking character. Her many special moves also intrigue me, and, well, just my overall interest towards her has skyrocketed.

4. :4greninja:
Me, being a hardcore Pokémon-fan, get excited with even the slightest of Pokémon news. I was a Zoroark-supporter and always thought X/Y were too new to have representatives of... but low and behold, we got Greninja. And I was pumped!! After the initial surprise and shock I was happy to see that Greninja was indeed quite a good-looking character, being fast and nimble, just the way I like my characters. Super excited for his inclusion!

3. :rosalina:
Rosalina is one of my favourite Mario-characters of all time. I, as many others, didn't really think she'd make it to Smash though. But surprise surprise! I really like how Sakurai just didn't go with any generic move set with her, but implemented the Luma's to make her quite a tricky character. I don't know if I'll ever learn to properly play as her, but I know that I'm going to try till the very end now that she actually made it in the game!

2. :4pacman:
I was a major supporter of Pac-Man, and while I did have my suspicion of him making it, luckily it all turned out positive. I am extremely pleased with his looks. I wouldn't have liked the Ghostly Adventures modern look, but of course would have welcomed him in the game even in that case... but this is just so much better and a great homage to the older Pac-Man games. His move set looks like so much fun and I know I'll be playing as him sooo much, if not even maining him.

1. :4wiifit:
Hahaha, okay, this is sort a crazy and weird one... but WFT is actually the character that interests me the most. I've already decided she's going to be the first character I'll try once I get the game. I'm all for quirky, out-of-the-blue characters, and she definitely qualifies as one. I'm also one of those people who like to NOT go along with the mainstream... so naturally I'm going to take interest in her when the majority hates her haha! She looks pretty solid on the battlefield though, so I wouldn't go underestimating her haha!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
1. :4palutena: 100% - As I said a million times, she's the only one I wanted, and she delivered. I even gotten used to her powers gimmick quickly. I guess it's because my main priority was get getting revealed first.
The only sadness I have for her is the lack of PotD and info she's been getting. It would be nice if she'd get more attention in that aspect. But at least she's in, so no worries from me (unless she becomes a low tier).

2. 4megaman: 75% - Well, here's my honesty. I wasn't against him being in at all. I just thought he wouldn't make it, but seems he's in and I'm okay with it. Beats what Capcom has been doing to him lately. I don't think he'd fit my style though.

3. :rosalina: 70% - My honest truth is that I preferred Bowser Jr over her, but I've gotten over it, especially after Palutena was revealed. She is unique I guess, and that's it. I admit I had some disdain for her during my "waiting for Palutena" episodes.

4. :4robinm: :4robinf: 70% - While it is true this is a unique character, I'm still questioning there being 4 FE characters, with 1 being very similar to Marth. It doesn't help that each of them have swords (I kinda have issues with too many sword characters), but again, he's unique with a blade and magic in one, so I'll let that one go. I won't really use him/her though.

5. :4wiifit: 60% - I've gotten used to her recently. She an interesting choice that many never thought would happen.

6-8. :4villager::4littlemac::4greninja: 50% Indifferent.
For Villager, I don't mind him, but I don't really have interest in him. For Mac, still not liking the power meter gimmick due to potential imbalance. For Greninja, actually I don't know, cept probably was impatient bout that "episode" I mentioned before. The same was for Mac really.

9. :4lucina: 25% - I'm questioning this one only because she seems like a clone of Marth atm, and I had issues with clones. I'll probably get used to her later, but I need to see complete gameplay of her in the final product of the game and judge later. So until we see other moves being used that Marth isn't using, then I doubt I'd show much liking for her.

10. :4pacman: 5% - Finally above Miis it seems. I still don't like him, though. At least Snake's likely to be gone thanks to him.

11. :4mii: 0% - Still hate em. Despite knowing they're supposed to be different styles, I still question why there's 3 different ones. Then consider em not playable in random online matches. I probably assume that to be because of inappropriate Miis some ppl made, but I don't care, because I still hate em and won't ever use em unless I have to for event matches, stadium, and whatever to unlock stuff.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, I guess I'll give it a quick go.

11. :4wiifit:
A pretty weird addition, but that's just me.

10. :4littlemac:
Don't get me wrong. I do like him as a character, I've just never played his games. I'm just glad he got in over that irritating echidna who I was hoping would take his place as an assist trophy.

9. :4megaman:
I only really wanted him in for that "Oh what the heck?!?!" reasons, plus he gets a lot of good recognition from NintendoCapriSun.

8. :4pacman:
Good overall choice for Namco Bandai, but I'm not too good at his games, I still plan on using him regularly though.

7. :4mii:
This is pretty much having ANYONE playable for crying out loud.

6. :4greninja:
I like using Water type Pokemon.

5. :4villager:
Huge Animal Crossing fan back in my childhood.

4. :4palutena:
After Brawl was out for at least a month, I told a friend that I wanted Palutena in the next smash. He just stood there laughing at me. And I knew that Sakurai would remember him working on Uprising.

3. :4robinf:
Robin is the first playable Fire Emblem character to use Magic tomes, which had I known Magic was a thing in Fire Emblem, I would've wanted Micaiah in Brawl.

2. :rosalina:
I was actually tempted to want Rosalina after watching a collaboration of two Lets Players doing Super Mario Galaxy, and her move style just looks so cool.

1. :4lucina:
I desperately wanted Lucina in the game secretly, not just because I fell in love with Awakening, but if you don't count Robin, she's the first female FE representative, which is totally awesome. (I also recognize her voice actress as the current voice for Blaze the Cat, but no big deal)

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Alright speculators.. I'm collecting opinions for a special article in the week in review, Top 11 Newcomers.

Basically, all I need is for you to list all of the newcomers, and give your reasoning behind why they rank higher or lower. For instance:

(Why WFT is #11)

10. :4pacman:
(Why Pac-Man is #10)

Your participation is greatly needed, and appreciated.

Thanks!
Well, I suppose I'll try too. I should clarify first that I like everyone revealed so far.
11. :4lucina:- Yes, it's because she's a clone. I have nothing against clones, and I like Lucina as a character, but the fact that she was going to be an alt. really shows (but I like this outcome better).
10. :4mii:- I like the Mii's inclusion and how they're handled, I'm just slightly disappointed that they don't seem to have inspiration from their other series in their movesets. Very slightly.
9. :4megaman:- I love the way he seems to perfectly emulate his NES appearances and the unique moves he brings to Smash. That said, I really have very little personal connection to him and his games. I'm glad he's here and I'm happy for his supporters, though.
8. :4littlemac:- The thing I love most about Little Mac is that everyone's thing against him is that he'd have nothing but punches, but then Sakurai goes and gives him just punches. And yet, he still looks amazing, being able to decimate foes on the ground, balanced with a terrible air game.
7. :4greninja:- I love Greninja. He's my favorite of the Kalos starters. I was really hoping he'd make it but wasn't expecting him on his own due to the fact that that'd be unfair to fans of the other starters. That said, I didn't really like the idea of a Trainer that replaces the one we already had. And obviously the whole fairness issue means nothing because Charizard. Oh, and there's :substitute:.
6. :4palutena:- I was rooting for Magnus, but I'm glad KI got someone new at all. I loved all of the characters in Uprising, and Palutena was no exception, so I'm glad her personality is being brought into the fray. Plus, I like that her moveset is comprised of the powers Pit can use.
5. :rosalina:- Rosalina was my 2nd most wanted Mario newcomer, after Toad. I love the Galaxy games, and Rosalina's background was part of that. When do we ever get a character with a background in a main-series Mario game? Galaxy. Plus, I love the Lumas and I never expected THEM to be playable as well. She would be switched with Pac-Man if it weren't for her final smash. Not only does it not look very good, but they could have utilized the Lumas' TRANS-FOOOOOORRRRMMing ability. A perfect final smash would have been essentially Galaxy's ending.
4. :4pacman:- Pac-Man was the last 3rd party character I felt to be truly deserving to be playable. The only reason I wasn't sure if I wanted him or not is because I figured they'd go with his Ghostly Adventures look. I guess I should have known better, because WOW. Not only is he classic Pac, but his moveset is inspired by retro Namco goodness!
3. :4wiifit:- Wii Fit Trainer is the one character that everyone knows, but no one expects. 'Twas genius. I was in disbelief at first at the hilarity of her inclusion and the fact that she actually looked good. I mean she will really make you fit... inside a coffin. Ihadtodon'thurtme.
2. :4robinm:- I was one of those people who was expecting Chrom, but would rather have Robin. Needless to say, I'm satisfied with the outcome. They picked the perfect looks and voices for them too, and I could see their palette swaps maybe altering their face and voice. Robin's sword and magic combo looks amazing, and I like that they implemented the durability feature of the weapons. And even the sword s/he does have is unique!
1. :4villager:- An Animal Crossing character was LONG overdue, and Villager is the perfect choice. I know that most people wanted Tom Nook, or K.K. Slider, but I think Villager does a better job of representing the Animal Crossing series with his moveset than those two. Also, I love his moveset. It's wacky, looks usable, and does a fantastic job of utilizing the tools. Plus, I love that Sakurai's fears of him losing his "innocent image" came true to the fullest extent.
0. :substitute:- 'nuff said.

This probably isn't set in stone, but I gave it a lot of thought. Hope it helps! Again, I like everyone announced so far.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
if you got to chose one newcomer that still has a chance to be in this game to be playble who would you chose
Isaac. I wanted to go with Ridley but he is in the game already, though with role still uncertain. Dunno if any more third parties would be considered ,,having a chance'' since Sakurai doesnt want to flood us with them, but if there's still space I would love some Simon Belmond action.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
if you got to chose one newcomer that still has a chance to be in this game to be playble who would you chose
Isaac, hands down. I love Toad and would love to see him make it, but Isaac juuuust inches the little guy out. In fact, I would be satisfied with Isaac being the last unique newcomer and the rest being revamped vets (looking at you, G-dorf, and your little buddy Mewtwo) and *gasp* clones.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
1. :4villager:
Sakurai mistakenly made a god playable and I intend to take advantage of that.
2. :4megaman:
Mega Man is fantastically put together in this game. Capcom and Sakurai's team did amazing with him. I'm only more surprised at myself for not having considered the possibility that he could seamlessly transition between robot master powers. I felt if he were in, he would have moves that strictly used Dr. Light's technology (was expecting Rush to be an integral part of his arsenal). It's nice to be proven wrong here.
3. :4wiifit:
This may be the one WTF character who I immediately liked on reveal.
4. :4lucina:
Her design looks cool and the absence of a tipper means less thinking for a novice like me.
5. :rosalina:
Rosalina has been thrown in so many games since her debut in Galaxy. While I don't know if this is a result of loud fan demand, I do know she is a pretty unique character in Smash Bros, and I've always warmed to the snowflakes of this franchise.
6. :4littlemac:
This character takes me back... To the time when I was a baby. Yeah, good memories. When I eventually did play his game on virtual console, I liked it. Mac was a bit bland in comparison to the more colorful personalities in the game, but he was the underdog you couldn't help but root for. A flyweight competing against 200+ pound men. On the whole, I think he deserved his inclusion based on past and recent success. He has a unique style also, which again, is something I like to see. I'm looking forward to picking Kirby against him, because then I'll have Mac's considerable brawn coupled with the ability to be good in the air. It will be unstoppable. :troll:
7. :4greninja:
He's not Blastoise, but he'll do.
8. :4robinm::4robinf:
Another character that looks promising. I wanna try Robin out to see if he/she will be the first FE character I don't completely suck with.
9. :4pacman:
Should be fun to see what sort of madness will ensue with him on the field.
10. :4palutena:
Palutena has more spells than Gruntilda. I'm interested in trying her out as well.
11. :4mii:
Not the biggest fan of the Miis and I can't even use them for trolling purposes. These things are throwaway in my opinion.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Favorites? Interesting...

1. :4robinm::4robinf: (10/10, would bang... twice over).

Robin is one of my favorite newcomers if only for the pretentious sentiment that I was correct whilst almost everyone else was incorrect. I am fairly petty; however, I digress. Robin is a great newcomer as she did not only surprise the vast majority of speculators, but she contested the Gematsu leak returning speculation to normalcy. Therefore, she means a lot to the community as a whole, she is a symbol of hope, faith, and most prominently, the prevalence of logic. She reminds us to never adhere to the bandwagon appeal fallacy, or adhere to confirmation bias. Some have yet to learn this lesson; however, that does not drastically alter the notion that she changed everything. Her trailer was one of the finest and most hype inciting, I even offered Sakurai a blow-job. It was not my finest moment... or was it? As a character, Robin was the avatar of one of my favorite 3DS titles; in fact, I restarted my file a month before her reveal in anticipation for her reveal. It also helps that my sister and I can both main Robin using her alternate costume. Usually we claim characters, but Robin is not just one character. Also, she represents her games more accurately than most current roster members introducing a unique mechanic. If she is not your favorite, perhaps you are delusional. I jest. I jest.

2. :4lucina: (10/10, thank you very much, Sakurai. I apologize for calling you incompetent).

When I first joined Smashboards, there were only three meager aspects of inclusion that I requested. Mewtwo's return, which is all but guaranteed at this point, Skyward Sword Zelda, it could still happen as an alternate. But the most important, the one I cared about as the likely was perceived as non-existent? Lucina. I suppose I would have gotten her as an alternate costume if she were not included as a clone of one of my mains anyways, but it means a lot that she is in the game. She is one of my favorite Nintendo characters and probably my favorite female character in general. I could not be more happy.

3. :4littlemac: (10/10, fight like gentlemen).

Smash, the fighting game without a character that can actually fight. It always intrigued me that there was not one member of the roster who actually "fights" in their game. Of course there were always swordsmen and whatnot; albeit, I wanted a character that could fight with their fists, "the fist is mightier than the sword." A man's man. Little Mac is that character. I have no connection to Punch Out!! but he was most certainly one of my most wanted characters and I intend to main him. His dude bro-esque design is aesthetically pleasing and his trailer was reminiscent of older Smash reveals (subjectively speaking, of course). He reinvigorated my faith in the game and his play-style of complete and absolute rush-down is amazing!

4. :rosalina: (8/10, the cosmos under her dress will be thoroughly inspected).

Rosalina is my favorite Mario newcomer, she was also another character that I predicted over almost everyone else despite her being a fairly logical choice. Her marionette play-style had my curiosity initially, and at e3, it had my interest. However, I have determined that she does not offer a lot to Smash collectively. Her play-style is unique, but it is seemingly similar to what we already have on the roster with Luma as an extension. I suppose I was expecting more. Still, she is a great choice, far better than the other ideal options.

5. :4greninja: (8/10, "Yo, Mewtwo, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but Charizard had one of the best videos of all time! One of the best videos of all time!")

He is an interesting choice and my starter of choice for the sixth generation. He might not offer a lot of variety to the roster, but does he really need to? He is mother-****ing Greninja!

6. :4palutena: (7/10, no quip here).

Palutena was one of my most wanted characters and I am always intrigued with zoning characters. I am was slightly disappointed with her model among other things, but beggars cannot be choosers.

7. :4wiifit: (10/10, "Robin... stop tipping the scales!")

Best addition in Smash to date. Simply genius, Sakurai. This is not sarcasm, I am being utterly genuine. I do not intend on playing her as much as I originally anticipated, but a great choice nevertheless.

8. :4villager: (5/10, death... death is inevitable)

If I pretend that she is a homicidal maniac dressed as a boy, reminiscent of Psycho, who murder the previous Mayor of Smashville to become mayor herself... she would probably be higher on the list. However, when we deal in objective fact, that is not the case, unfortunately.

9. :4pacman: (5/10, I am indifferent)

I did not want him as I would prefer any other Namco-Bandai character, preferably from Soul Calibur, maybe even Tekken. His surprised me though, he is more original than I thought. It is apparent that he will be a fun character to play.

10. :4megaman: (1/10, one point for a great move-set! Negative nine because you are a tool!)

Overrated garbage character that looks like one of the funnest in the game. Conflicting emotions will ensue upon launch.

(Mii Fighters do not deserve to be on my list).

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Kinda late on this but i'm so glad the new stage is N's castle, that's like my favorite area in Pokémon ever.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
best to worst
1.greninja-i love pokemon and he was my starter in y and he completly confirmed mewtwo to be playable
2 little mac-love punch out and he looks fun and powerful
3 pacman- my favorite namco character and i like how they did the old school pac man
4 robin-a unique addition not just another swordsmen and well replace one of my mains ike
5 mega man-robot nuff said
6 mii- dont like the 3 characters but glad i can get characters that dont make it in playable
7 villager-ehh
8 rosilina-wanted bowser jr and paper mario more
9 palitena- dont really care for ki
10 lucina-clones again
11-wii fit trainer-waste awful anyone but her even more clones
Spell her name right if you are gonna put her so low.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Anybody else feel like a veteran's coming tonight?

Yeah, me neither.
I've said it earlier, but I believe the Ice Climbers are tonight. Mainly due to what I feel was foreshadowing in the Galga boss picture.

1: :4villager:
2: :4littlemac:
3: :4mii:
4: :rosalina:
5: :4pacman:
6: :4greninja:
7: :4megaman:
8: :4wiifit:
9: :4lucina:
10: :4robinf:
11: :4palutena:
Ironic. Your bottom 3 are the only characters I like.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Favorites:
-:4robinm::4robinf: 100% ZOMG.
-:4littlemac: 100% ZOMG.
-:4greninja: 90% Looks really fun, and it's one of my favorite Pokémon.
-:4megaman: 90% Overrated maybe, but definitely deserving of a spot, at least in my opinion, also looks really fun.
-:rosalina:80% Heck yes.
-:4pacman: 75% Not a fan of Pac-Man, but i think Sakurai handled him really well, love the homage to Atari games.
-:4lucina: 70% I love Lucina, but being a clone means that i'm not as hyped for her.
-:4villager: 50% Indifferent.
-:4mii: 50% I used to despise the idea, but Sakurai managed to make them interesting to me.
-:4wiifit: 50% Now THAT'S overrated :awesome:. But seriously, i think she's bland as hell, her personality comes pretty much from the Internet only, and i feel people seems to like her only because so much people don't, however, what i do like is that buffing based playstyle, looks pretty fun.
-:4palutena: 30% Meh, not so fond of her being a customization jack of all trades character.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
All right, I'll take a stab at it.

11. :4palutena: I have no care for Palutena. At all. She's too much of a gimme, looks to play awful, and honestly, I just didn't find KI: U to be that great. It was great, sure, but considering how many hipsters are on this board, it was highly overrated.
10. :4lucina: Clone is meh. I enjoyed her in Awakening, but I just don't see the purpose of a girl Marth. It's like a double negative. :troll:

9.:4wiifit: Eh. I was surprised.

8. :4villager: Not a big fan of AC either, I'm not the type who likes games with very little gameplay, but whatever. He looks great, but I don't see the appeal. This is subject to change, though.

7. :rosalina: Would've rather had anyone else in a Mario slot, (that meaning Waluigi) but I can understand how this is good for business. Other than that, she really didn't have any other merits. She would be lower, if she didn't have a unique moveset.

6. :4greninja: Loved X and Y, but I was rooting for Hawlucha. I like the Ninjster, but not love. I do like having a new Pokemon, though.

5. :4littlemac: Little Mac I see as a necessity, didn't not want him, but also wasn't a huge fan, either. He was the only bandwagon character I ever supported.

4. :4robinm::4robinf: I like Robins's design, and their moveset looks beast. Hopefully they are more prominent in future Fire Emblem titles, so they can return next time around.

3. :4pacman: Love me some Pac-Man! A great, really unique moveset, can't wait to main him! (unless Paper Mario, Bandana Dee, or Mach Rider get in.)

2. :4mii: Clearly Nintendo All-Stars, I also bet my friend three hundred dollars they would be playable characters. Now, I'm using that money to pay for all my Smash 4 equipment. All the hate brought towards them is unnerving, especially due to the fact that they have been planned since the NES to be on a Nintendo console, and are the True avatars of Nintendo.

1. :4megaman: Mega Man 2 was (and still is) the ****. Seeing my childhood friend as a playable character brings a tear to my eye.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I refuse to rank the characters in a specific order because I like them all for their own reasons.

But Greninja is probably my least favorite, so you can have that I guess.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
#1: Palutena - 2nd most wanted character of mine. I love her model (minus no emotion which I think she'll eventually get) has a cool move set, and huge potential. Also from a game I really like. Another tough female. Gotta love 'em

#2: Robin - She's what I've been wanting from the Fire Emblem franchise. A mage. I use mages the most when I play Fire Emblem games (Ilyana in PoR and RD). She has the ability to use a sword to which is really cool. They picked the best voice actor out of the three they had for her.

#3: Lucina - Another female Fire Emblem character which is great. She's a tough female and one of the only characters I liked out of the Awakening Cast. Plus, like Roy, she has Marth's moves, without being Marth. That's great!

#4: Villager - I really wanted Animal Crossing to have a chance even though I haven't really played the game. He has a strange move set like Game and Watch, but it fits perfectly. I rather have Slider or Nook, but this is fine.

#5: Wii Fit Trainer - I think it's a lame pick. But I guess in a way it kind of makes sense. She's okay.

#6: Little Mac - I love Punch Out, but I don't like Little Mac. I don't really like the idea of having him in Smash for some reason. Maybe because he is a true fighter? Not sure.

#7: Mega Man - Never really liked the guy. I wanted a slew of other Cap characters I'd rather have. But he's tolerable.

#8: Rosalina - I don't like her or her games, but I like her more than the three below her. That's it. Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario are both more deserving.

#9: Greninja - Such a lame pick, from such a lame game in a great franchise. It breaks me that Gen 6 gets any representation at all. I guess it's better than Gen 5, but still. There are other Pokemon that I like much, much better.
He doesn't even have a real gimmick which is even more lame.

#10: Mii - I really hate the idea of this. Play photo dojo if you want to fight as your self. I don't get why Mii's have to be in everything. They are just ugly avatars used for Sports Games to welcome you to the Wii. That's all they should be.

#11: Pac Man - Sakurai suddenly thinks he has potential.. but then he has him use THE GHOSTS as an attack? In what world does it make sense for Blinky and co helping Pac Man? I find that incredibly ridiculous. I hate Pac Man's look to, but I guess it's better than the Disney one. Namco should've given me my IdolM@ster character... :(

Anyway, just want to mention, that I hate this new stage. Gen 5 was the worst game in the franchise. I wanted a stage like Cerulean Cave or The Cave of Origin. Heck, Pokefloats 2 would've been cool! This will most likely be a Spear Pillar ripoff, especially since Palkia is a Pokeball character deconfirming Spear Pillar as a Past Stage.
Aww, you don't like Greninja?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I refuse to rank the characters in a specific order because I like them all for their own reasons.

But Greninja is probably my least favorite, so you can have that I guess.
Palutena is my least favorite!

How does that feel?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Top newcomers

11. :4mii: - Don't like the fact there's three, don't like that they have so much in terms of customizable appearance, don't like all the attention they got post-E3.

10. :4littlemac: - Keep in mind there's a huge gap between Miis and everyone else. From here on it's the characters I actually like. And I like Mac, it just seems like out of all the newcomers he's the one I'll play the least.

9. :4wiifit: - I like Miss Fit, she's so random and weird and helps me get in shape. I appreciate Sakurai's decision in including her.

8. :4lucina: - I love Fire Emblem and respect Lucina, but being a clone means she doesn't go higher.

7. :4pacman: - Awesome inclusion, eager to play him. Not much else to say.

6. :4megaman: - One of the best reveals in this whole Smash pre-release experience. He looks like he controls exactly like the NES games, and I am happy about that.

5. :rosalina: - She seems really interesting to play and I look forward to seeing her potential.

4. :4greninja: - One of my favorite starter pokemon and one of the best surprises in terms of newcomers. Yes please. He also looks extremely versatile.

3. :4villager: - Such a hilarious troll character, look forward to having her as one of my mains.

2. :4robinf: - This surprise exceeded that of Greninja. It's the one character I wanted a lot but never expected, and the fact she actually happened makes me extremely happy. Can't wait to play her and will probably be cosplaying her during release (already got my purple coat! Mwahahaha!)

1. :4palutena:- My favorite Nintendo character of all time and now she's playable in one of my favorite games of all time. Easy easy easy number 1 for me.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Palutena is my least favorite!
So that's your opinion? Okay, that's cool. You probably have a good reason for that.
How does that feel?
Nothing really. I'm probably too "hipster" to really care about your opinion on who you like and don't like. B)

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
:4villager::4pacman::4robinm: - Creative ideas that transition perfectly from the source material, widley varied moveset, and definitely bringing new material to the field
:4wiifit::4greninja: - very inspired, interesting choices that bring new kinda new material that might be effective
:rosalina: - trying to bring something, but feels improperly executed or could be done better. Not bad, but not good either
:4megaman::4littlemac: - trying to bring something new, but feel very limited as a result
:4palutena::4mii: - new material feels more like a distraction, custom moves to choose from are pretty generic, and not interested in the characters in the first place
:4lucina: - not for the single reason that she is a clone - I openly accept certain clones - but because she is a clone of 1.) a character that didn't need an improved variant and 2.) a character with a moveset that was already boring. Acceptable clone choices would have been: Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, and Zelda.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So that's your opinion? Okay, that's cool. You probably have a good reason for that.
Nothing really. I'm probably too "hipster" to really care about your opinion on who you like and don't like. B)
My reason is that I'm bandwagon.

Wait... am I the hipster?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
My thoughts:

11 - :4wiifit: - Just a waste of a slot in my opinion. I know she has grown a lot on several people due to moveset but I still maintain noone would have missed her had she not appeared.

10 - :4palutena: - A character who I suppose could've been interesting who I feel has been butchered in the way her specials are being handled.

9 - :4mii: - Would've been surprised if they didn't get in, but can't say I have any hype for them, and doubt I will use them much if at all.

8 - :4villager: - Don't care about the character or the games he's from. His moveset doesn't massively interest me either.

7 - :4lucina: - Whilst she is a Marth clone and I wouldn't care if she were not there, she marks the distinction between newcomers I dislike and newcomers I like.

6 - :4robinm: - Cool newcomer. Haven't really played Fire Emblem.

5 - :4littlemac:- Don't enjoy Punch-Out, but Little Mac is a very different character and looks very fun.

4 - :4greninja: - I am a big Pokemon fan and Greninja is a very interesting choice, as well as looking quite fun to play as.

3 - :4pacman: - Kind of expected him, but he is still a legend and I look forward to playing as him.

2 - :4megaman: - The more exciting 3rd party inclusion; he just seems to have been handled perfectly this game.

1 - :rosalina: - I think Rosalina is a good character, but I don't have any particular attachment to her. Her moveset however, is really exciting and easily makes her the most interesting newcomer to me.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Acceptable clone choices would have been: Zelda, Zelda, Zelda, and Zelda.
We must begin our campaign for Hilda now (or at least for a palette choice pls).
My reason is that I'm bandwagon.
okay
Wait... am I the hipster?
You said there a large amount of hipsters on these boards, and I figured you meant the hipsters actually loved Uprising. I really enjoyed Uprising and wanted Palutena to be playable, so I assumed I could be considered a hipster to you.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
  1. :4pacman:
    What is essentially the living embodiment of video games, Pac-Man had received a lot of flack in the past ranging from the possibly legit point of 'limited moveset potential' to the frankly ridiculous and idiotic; 'not recognised as a 3D character' and 'not a legendary third party.'

I mean he's the most well known video game character aside from possibly Mario. He's a legend alright, and the one I'm most excited about playing as; had it not been for Pac-Man there's a strong chance we wouldn't have gotten a lot of our favourite mascot characters that are in Smash in the first place.

Wakka wakka wakka...

2. :4robinm::4robinf:
    The biggest surprise for me. Loved Awakening, felt Chrom was a bit bland for Smash and felt we were going to represent Fire Emblem with yet another blue haired swordsman who was literally designed based off of Marth and Ike, which would of been pretty lame since Fire Emblem has far more to offer than just swords.
    Robin was the outside chance, but couldn't be happier about his/her inclusion.

3. :4villager:
    Always wanted an Animal Crossing character playable...Villager is far more fun looking than I even imagined in motion.

4. :4littlemac:
    Unlike the rest of Smashboards I was pretty neutral on Little Mac until I saw his trailer. I see what the fuss is about. Much manliness.

5. :4megaman:
    Have no connection at all to Megaman, never played one of his games, probably never will, but I'll be damned if I don't appreciate the level of love put into him.

6. :4greninja:
    Little too random for me, but hey; he stopped us getting the dull Brawl + Mewtwo Pokemon option I was dreading. Thanks Greninja!

7. :rosalina:
    Ah, the competition. *shakes fist* I at first was determined to hate her, but after witnessing how she played at Comicon, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued.

8. :4lucina:
    I didn't like Lucina in Awakening much. I don't like Marth in Smash much. I'm not even sure why I'm so okay with Lucina being a Smasher honestly, but that Robin also got in probably helped.

9. :4mii:
    Play as Layton, and various other humanoid wanted characters that were rejected by Sakurai...a nice wooden spoon prize, but the fact they take up 3 characters worth of development time, at least, is not something I'm fond of.

Unlike the rest of Smashboards I was pretty neutral on Palutena pre-reveal. I have yet to get what the big deal is about her, and her movesets a bit too mishmash for me. That random twelve different specials thing doesn't do her any favours either for me.

A character absolutely no one was asking for. Still don't get the appeal; this is the most emotive Smash yet and we include a character with a blank face. Also stop shooting energy balls; you're supposed to be about physical fitness.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Are there seriously any other viable alternatives to the existing Zelda besides Toon Zelda?

DACSHeyes

Smash Cadet
1. :4lucina: - I like Lucina, and I'm happy she's in. One of two characters added that I actually care about.
2. :4robinm::4robinf: - I like Robin too, and I'm happy (s)he's in. The other character I actually care about.
3.:4mii: - Swordsman has a Chakram. I can play as Xena. All I care about.
4. :rosalina:
5. :4megaman:
6. :4pacman:
7. :4littlemac:
8. :4wiifit:
9. :4greninja:
11. :4villager:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom