• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I can see Sakurai announcing on Miiverse Friday a new character reveal live stream on Monday. It seems a very Nintendo thing to do. Everyone thought they'd reveal a new character or veteran at the Invitational or EVO and instead they did it right after. So I can see them doing the same for Comic Con.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I can see Sakurai announcing on Miiverse Friday a new character reveal live stream on Monday. It seems a very Nintendo thing to do. Everyone thought they'd reveal a new character or veteran at the Invitational or EVO and instead they did it right after. So I can see them doing the same for Comic Con.
Ice Climbers or Lucas would be good.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I didn't know about the Mother anniversary, however I'm kind of banking on a Ness/Shulk reveal in August.
Someone had a theory that the O12 would be revealed in the remaining trailers and I think it makes a lot of sense.

Ness/Shulk - JRPG stars
Jigglypuff/Chorus Kids - Singers

Although I think that Wario is too perfect to ignore as a reveal alongside the Chorus Kids, so he can be exchanged with Jiggs.

As for other characters, I'm pretty sure they're secret.
And I think Lucas will be secret too; Earthbound is currently the most recent game in the series (thanks to the VC release) so Lucas could switch with Ness for the unlockable status.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Ness/Shulk - JRPG stars
Robin/Lucina/Captain Falcon - ???

I mean, the other two match up nicely, but at the same time, they revealed Captain Falcon for Fire Emblem newcomers. I think they could really reveal any veteran with any newcomer they want.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Robin/Lucina/Captain Falcon - ???

I mean, the other two match up nicely, but at the same time, they revealed Captain Falcon for Fire Emblem newcomers. I think they could really reveal any veteran with any newcomer they want.
I assumed it was because F-Zero and Fire Emblem both released in 1990. Either that or because Captain Falcon looked awesome in that animation style.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I don't expect a veteran or newcomer. It seems odd that they would reveal a veteran at Comic-Con, but not E3.
E3 is about innovation and the future of videogames/electronics. A newcomer or 3 makes perfect sense.

Comic Con is about the celebration of the entire canon and ever promising continuation of Nerd Culture. A veteran or 3 makes perfect sense again.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
E3 is about innovation and the future of videogames/electronics. A newcomer or 3 makes perfect sense.

Comic Con is about the celebration of the entire canon and ever promising continuation of Nerd Culture. A veteran or 3 makes perfect sense again.
Mewtwo would be nice. A veteran that might feel like a newcomer reveal.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Mewtwo is the best choice in my mind to stand along with the likes of Batman, the Avengers, Darth Vader, Rick Grimes, Harry Potter, the TMNT, Bender, Gandalf, Deadpool and Hellboy. Mewtwo is nostalgia and excitement rolled into one. Mewtwo is Comic Con.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Hey, that's my favorite character you're talking about...
Well, take a look at my avatar and guess my favorite character.
I'm not actually an advocate of any non-snake character being cut.
But I have no mercy... not after the things I've seen.

And more acutely comic related.
Mewtwo confirmed!

Last edited:

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
I'd much rather have veterans that are speculated to be "at risk" (Lucas, Snake) than characters that ate pretty obviously returning. (Ness, Jiggs) I mean Falcon in FE trailer was great and all, but I would've preferred a character people had a legitimate reason to worry about.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'd much rather have veterans that are speculated to be "at risk" (Lucas, Snake) than characters that ate pretty obviously returning. (Ness, Jiggs) I mean Falcon in FE trailer was great and all, but I would've preferred a character people had a legitimate reason to worry about.
I don't know. People on YouTube were pretty sure he was gone.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I really don't know if we should really expect a character at Comic-con, but i guess it is possible, if i had to choose, i would say Mewtwo definitely.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If Mewtwo is revealed on Friday I will march to the nearest GameStop, buy a Wii U, and pay full price for the pre-order.

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Well, how appropriate do you guys find a Shulk reveal (and to throw a bone or two, Meta Knight and Ness as well) for this weekend, given that Xenoblade is a heavily inspired by anime in general?

Niala

Smash Ace
I didn't know about the Mother anniversary, however I'm kind of banking on a Ness/Shulk reveal in August.
Someone had a theory that the O12 would be revealed in the remaining trailers and I think it makes a lot of sense.

Ness/Shulk - JRPG stars

Although I think that Wario is too perfect to ignore as a reveal alongside the Chorus Kids, so he can be exchanged with Jiggs.

As for other characters, I'm pretty sure they're secret.
And I think Lucas will be secret too; Earthbound is currently the most recent game in the series (thanks to the VC release) so Lucas could switch with Ness for the unlockable status.
That's an interesting thought, and I think it would be a fitting reveal for all those characters.

I'm somewhat unsure about the Ness/Lucas switch, but that does stand to some amount of reason. Ness, along with Captain Falcon, are the only two characters to switch being unlockable, then a starter, and then ~back~ to unlockable. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see them return to starters again for Smash4, along with Marth, who seems to be heavily promoted as the staple for Fire Emblem in this game, even going so far as to appear on the box art for the 3DS version.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm still not sure we would see a new character so soon. Veteran, maybe, but I'm not sold on new fighter.

Watch, on Friday, Sakurai's gonna say "another new fighter intro Monday!!!!".

If it is, i'll just bank of Shulk again?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'd say maybe a veteran gets revealed. A newcomer may stretch it seeing how we got 2 already in July.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If we get another newcomer trailer...

I'd personally bank on Chorus Kids. Shulk is perfect Direct material (which should probably be soon btw).

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If Mewtwo is revealed on Friday I will march to the nearest GameStop, buy a Wii U, and pay full price for the pre-order.
I think a lot of people (myself included) would do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom