• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I know it's kind of a pipe dream, but I want either Ness or Lucas (preferably Lucas) to appear in Shulk's trailer.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I dont think it is too soon for a new character reveal.
We are nearing the end, what happens at the end of a firewords show?
Well, the finale certainly doesnt lull off.
It gets more rapid and exciting.
Overall, the closer we have gotten to the end, the more newcomers we have had announced.
Let us continue.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I agree. I just came here and people were already discussing hypothetical scenarios. Heck, I think a veteran this close to Robin's reveal would be weird. Cool, but weird.
I think a veteran reveal is feasible. We've seen veterans revealed not long after the announcement of newcomers before (Rosalina's reveal was closely followed by Zelda's, and Little Mac's was closely followed by Diddy Kong's). I think it's possible for it to happen again.

D

Deleted member

I think a veteran reveal is feasible. We've seen veterans revealed not long after the announcement of newcomers before (Rosalina's reveal was closely followed by Zelda's, and Little Mac's was closely followed by Diddy Kong's). I think it's possible for it to happen again.
Sure it's possible. I'm not crossing my fingers though.

Metallaeus

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping for a veteran announcement soon; I mean, the game is already so close to release. xC
Well, either way, we'll know the full roster soon as well.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
I do think it's too early for another newcomer reveal, we still have a few months to go depending on how soon Sakurai wants the whole roster revealed. I'm boldly guessing we have two trailers left and one of them will surely be saved for last, leaving only one for between now and release which can be next month.

A veteran reveal would be preferable anyway.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I hear someone heard that a certain Purple dragon was seen taking the stage!

D

Deleted member

Newcomer: R.O.B.-N.

And let the fanart commence.

Last edited by a moderator:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I know it's kind of a pipe dream, but I want either Ness or Lucas (preferably Lucas) to appear in Shulk's trailer.
That's easily probable. I mean Xenoblade has been commonly referred to the Earthbound of our current generation (at least I've seen that comparison tossed around several times).

But I would love to see Shulk fight R.O.B. in the trailer thinking he's some sort of Mechon (Which is more of a pipe dream but meeeeh).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
At the moment I just want to see the Ice Climbers, Wolf, ROB, and Jigglypuff to shut certain detractors up. :D

That, and I enjoy playing as each of them. And just reveal Game and Watch officially already...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
At the moment I just want to see the Ice Climbers, Wolf, ROB, and Jigglypuff to shut certain detractors up. :D

That, and I enjoy playing as each of them. And just reveal Game and Watch officially already...
I want to see every character come back because every character has stupid detractors.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

I just want everyone back home safely. It's bad enough that they pulled the plug on Pokemon Trainer

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I just want everyone back home safely. It's bad enough that they pulled the plug on Pokemon Trainer
Right.
The first character that was truly disconfirmed happened to be my main/favorite character in Smash yet. Go me!

epicgordan

Smash Ace
If we get another newcomer trailer...

I'd personally bank on Chorus Kids. Shulk is perfect Direct material (which should probably be soon btw).
Interesting. I heard that Rhythm heaven has an anniversary coming up in addition to Mother. Maybe this newcomer trailer then would feature Ness, Chorus Kids, and Wario (the latter due to their ties to RH).

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Right.
The first character that was truly disconfirmed happened to be my main/favorite character in Smash yet. Go me!
I know, dear.... I know.
The wound does not heal.
It's a constant craving.

D

Deleted member

That's easily probable. I mean Xenoblade has been commonly referred to the Earthbound of our current generation (at least I've seen that comparison tossed around several times).

But I would love to see Shulk fight R.O.B. in the trailer thinking he's some sort of Mechon (Which is more of a pipe dream but meeeeh).
Even better; we have R.O.B. attacking Ness/Lucas and then Shulk saves them mistaking R.O.B. for a mechon. Best trailer.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Right.
Well you can take some solace in the fact that it was supposedly a technical decision and not because he hated poor little red

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Right.
Well, his Pokemon haven't been disconfirmed.

We could still get Ivysaur (or have Venusaur to replace him)
I wouldn't bet on him or Squirtle, but we don't know if they're out yet.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
If Snake gets a conclusive deconfirm, I'll be disappointed, but not too sad. Luigi was never gonna get cut and he's the other character I used most.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
If Snake gets a conclusive deconfirm, I'll be disappointed, but not too sad. Luigi was never gonna get cut and he's the other character I used most.
I actually would prefer to get conclusive deconfirms at least, that will make it easier for us to let go of some ideas and think about new ones that could be as cool or better than the others

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I actually would prefer to get conclusive deconfirms at least, that will make it easier for us to let go of some ideas and think about new ones that could be as cool or better than the others
Yeahhhh... I would rather get the bad news sooner than later. They should do this next game: release a list of characters that aren't going to be playable, straight away.

Last edited:

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
Yeahhhh... I would rather get the bad news sooner than later. They should do this next game: release a list of characters that aren't going to be playable, straight away.
I don't see how that can be possible. Remember characters such as Roy and Mewtwo in Brawl were cut near the end of production due to time constraints. Who knows exactly what they were doing to those characters, and why it was taking them so long to complete. There's still the sad reality that it could happen again, where a character gets unfortunately cut at the last moment. The only good part is now they can send us DLC, with the completed character.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The only characters I could see being left out on account of time constraints are Lucas, Wolf, and Mewtwo.
Luckily it seems like Sakurai and the team are pretty good on time.

And I don't see how Snake could get a formal disconfirmation. Maybe in the vein of Rayman, I dunno.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I don't see how that can be possible. Remember characters such as Roy and Mewtwo in Brawl were cut near the end of production due to time constraints. Who knows exactly what they were doing to those characters, and why it was taking them so long to complete. There's still the sad reality that it could happen again, where a character gets unfortunately cut at the last moment. The only good part is now they can send us DLC, with the completed character.
Well, supposedly the roster was decided before production began, right? It would still be possible to state which characters they weren't going to bother developing. I understand that characters are inadvertently cut due to whatever reason (time constraints, gameplay concerns, etc.).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Out of curiosity, why?
After Sakurai's statement on Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man being a godsend matchup, I doubt that another third party will be showing up.
Why on Earth would you trust anything Sakurai says, silly?
Besides, of course he would say things like that when he's trying hype a character he just revealed.

There's no real reason for him to be removed and there never has been.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I never said there was a good reason to remove Snake, but it's very likely in my eyes, because...

Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man - I just said this but Sakurai pretty much considers this the greatest thing in the world. I really do feel that Snake would have been revealed already if this occurred, especially at E3 which was hinted but for some reason didn't happen.

"The Mewtwo Treatment" - When Mewtwo was cut from Smash, his moves were sort of recycled among the cast. We've already seen some of this with Snake, whether it be Sheik's grenades or ZSS's Final Smash. This isn't a definite disconfirmation of Snake, but it certainly doesn't help him.

Kojima - He's a major troll, but he did flat out say that Snake was unlikely. But again, he's a major troll. Just like Sakurai, you really can't take him seriously.

So personally I'm not banking on Snake. There's no good reason to remove him, but then again there really wasn't a good reason to remove Mewtwo.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So personally I'm not banking on Snake. There's no good reason to remove him, but then again there really wasn't a good reason to remove Mewtwo.
Mewtwo was cut because of time constraints. It sucked, sure. But Smash 4 looks a lot more timely.

Regardless, this is my roster.

54 Character Roster Roster.png

It's the same as last time but Takamaru takes the place of Wrestler & Reporter.
This is working with the 54-character theory.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
No.

Sorry, but I intentionally cut the Rhythm Heaven character. I don't see myself adding him back.
I understand that, but I highly doubt that a Rhythm Heaven enemy as obscure as Sneaky Spirit will go without playable representation.

I know you've heard this a million times already but I really can't stress enough how significant this is. Sneaky Spirit appears in one insignificant minigame. If Rhythm Heaven wasn't getting a character I would argue that they would have absolutely no enemies in Smash Run. And quite frankly their one enemy is more than Star Fox and Fire Emblem has currently. None of those series, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, or Rhythm Heaven, have stand out enemies iconic enough to add into Smash Run. But strangely enough it's Rhythm Heaven that gets an enemy. Of course I think we'll get some sort of Star Fox and Fire Emblem representation in Smash Run, but it's at least worth noting that Sneaky Spirit was never an obvious choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom