• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CAST4 - Nov 22-23, 08 - Alberta, CAN - MELEE ONLY - It's over! T^T

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
The word dynamism means power so it's only right. lol

Really though, I'm just making the decision for the better of myself.

Also...
Absolute power corrupts absolutely and every single human on this earth has absolute power over their own soul, hence every single human among us is, to various extents, corrupted. Good observation kithkin. ;)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I disagree. Absolute power is undefined since it's infinite. You cannot corrupt something when it's already controlled absolutely. Also corruption is a pretty broad term, one would have to describe what is being corrupted and how. Another flaw is the existence of a soul; although there is much proof of some other life force within a human body, it cannot be confirmed without dying your self, and then who can you share this discovery with? No one.

kithkin

Smash Champion
It's a matter of beliefs/opinions Luke.

God your posts are worse than Tylers, because at least his are short and you realize it's stupid right away.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Ok...

A) It was just to make fun of your post
B) You didn't mention dynamism, only me because I disagreed with you, making you pretty prejudice.
C) What I said made sense. I didn't use opinions or beliefs, just definitions and facts.

That's pretty much it, the abc.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Brad, your posts are worse than anybody I've ever seen, they're like mine times over 9000, so don't even joke around or bother telling people that their posts are bad because yours are just absolute ςhit.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I don't suppose this is the proper place for this discussion, but...

I disagree. Absolute power is undefined since it's infinite. You cannot corrupt something when it's already controlled absolutely. Also corruption is a pretty broad term, one would have to describe what is being corrupted and how. Another flaw is the existence of a soul; although there is much proof of some other life force within a human body, it cannot be confirmed without dying your self, and then who can you share this discovery with? No one.
Something pious or impious isn't determined by a person as that is merely a perception on what it best fits given the individuals knowledge and believe. The absolute form of something corrupted would have to be something in which the gods first liked, then disliked. Though, what the gods/god/higher power/whatever initially likes and is good because it IS liked by *god* then changes for the worse and our idea of good and bad is not accurate as it's built on perception, which is twisted to begin with, nor is it possible to understand exactly what it is that *god* likes. Whereas the opposite is also impossible as we don't contain this knowledge, therefore, everything in human existance is, by consequence, naturally corrupted and will never become pure. The distraction that prevents anything we know from becoming pure to the point where the not corrupted is possible, is the body to soul relationship that only breaks at death.

Sorry, one of the books I'm currently reading is Plato: The Complete Works and Phaedoe discusses this thouroughly. (it's the part where Socrates is sentenced to execution and has to drink the posion so all of his "almost equals" gather in his chamber and discuss life before and after death)

Edit: I forgot to add the on topic part that I first came here to do haha

Yeah, k, Kaelen, Tim and I are all coming to this and AJ might come too and if it's just us then my car is very possible but....
Eggz, I still haven't heard from you on Gimpys car situation and if bussing is alright with you. BACK FROM DISNEY LAND YET?!?!jeeeeez

Levi5

Smash Ace
Who's Levi and where do I find this post?
I'm Levi, and here's the post again.
DO NOT BUY ADVANCE TICKETS FROM GREYHOUND.
They become 100% void if you're at the station less than 60 minutes before the trip is scheduled to leave. So, you would have to buy tickets again after showing up 59 minutes early. Don't fall for their shit, I almost did once.

MagnuM

Smash Ace
LIZARDON!!!!!!

... wait a minute, this is Melee only isn't it? Lizardon isn't in Melee! Well I'm not coming then!!

. . .

Wait Bowser's in Melee! Ok I changed my mind, I'm coming now!

Please make space for my Bowser. He's not fat, he just has a big shell!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
LIZARDON!!!!!!

... wait a minute, this is Melee only isn't it? Lizardon isn't in Melee! Well I'm not coming then!!

. . .

Wait Bowser's in Melee! Ok I changed my mind, I'm coming now!

Please make space for my Bowser. He's not fat, he just has a big shell!
Don't worry about space. There's plenty of room cause my Pichu takes up like NO space pretty much. >:^]

kithkin

Smash Champion
K Victor, Sorry I just mean't to piss off Luke and Tyler, so my last post here in that subject:

Luke, I was aiming it at you and Tyler, purposefully.

Dynamism was just commenting and did't make it harsh at all. You did. =3 So I just return the favour. All the time.

Oh and Tyler, My posts are bad, get over it, it's not changing.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
That's cool about the bus bit. It what I was originally planning anyhow.

And wow, alright. So, wait, so say if I do go to the station say, like, 61 minutes in advance on the day of the bus thing, it doesn't go void? I doubt I'm going to buy them in advance anyway: it smells fishy.

Edit: Gah, I always appear to be overlooked: I'm confirmed, I can bring a Melee setup. No TV or VCR. Maybe VCR. <.< Haven't decided. Now put me on the front page!

Lib3r4t3
AJ Tkach
Penticton, BC

Levi5

Smash Ace
Depends on whose watch really, a timing so minuscule as 1 minute could be on the fence for one person and far to another side of it for another person.

By definition you wouldn't have to buy another ticket though

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Edit: Gah, I always appear to be overlooked: I'm confirmed, I can bring a Melee setup. No TV or VCR. Maybe VCR. <.< Haven't decided. Now put me on the front page!

Lib3r4t3
AJ Tkach
Penticton, BC
Okay, i've added you're details as well as Stu's.

Edit: Which reminds me, please check that you're confirmed on the first page. I'll be inputting these into tio before the tourney, so it'll be make my life a little easier.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Since it's clear to me that Levi thinks I don't really deserve to be on the Alberta PR, I think it would be necessary to have yet again another MM at CAST4. This one is total business, no joking around. You name the price I guess.

Not intended to be a grudge match, just for me to prove that I have some worth :).

Levi5

Smash Ace
How about we play a set, no money. Does that sound okay?

Best 3 of 5
Double blind picks
Advanced slobs
Wobbling will be banned

kithkin

Smash Champion
against victra?

also, I'm still not on the confirmed... but leave me off till any ride from calgary is confirmed. even though levi and alex etc are on

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
against victra?

also, I'm still not on the confirmed... but leave me off till any ride from calgary is confirmed. even though levi and alex etc are on
I'm pretty sure Luke is calling out Levi.

They all confirmed themselves via MSN. Everyone basically knows they must come to this, and I'm not sure why you of all people didn't find a ride yet. I think Allan is driving, so you could hitch with him maybe.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
So, if Alpha wins, he proves he deserves that he's deserving on the PR.

But what if Levi wins? What he get?

Edit: I'm probably going to be bussing down two days in advance. Would Connor still be willing to lend housing for me that early?

This is, of course, if the "thug mansion" plans are void now.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Well if Levi accepted formally, he wouldve got his money.

by the way Lib3r4t3, not to sound rude to Alphicans, but he won't win. At all.

Not even close.

And I dunno, I still wouldn't put Luke on my PR if he won.

edit: Oh and in his case, Levi gets nothing but to say he won and was right.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
It was going to be for the people you drove down, so there was the possibility it was cancelled too. How close is it to the tournament place anyhow and what do we have for transportation once we get there?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well if Levi accepted formally, he wouldve got his money.

by the way Lib3r4t3, not to sound rude to Alphicans, but he won't win. At all.

Not even close.

And I dunno, I still wouldn't put Luke on my PR if he won.

edit: Oh and in his case, Levi gets nothing but to say he won and was right.
I won't guarantee a win, because first of all a victory is never guaranteed, and secondly I am playing someone like Levi. I will, however, guarantee good quality matches, with a feel of uncertainty on who will win. And I don't think it's fair to say just because you dislike me you wouldn't put me on your PR, because that isn't how a PR should be made.

BTW, why do you dislike me so much? Is it because I said you'd be knocked off the brawl PR soon? If so... Grow up. I did mean it, but like seriously, why hold a grudge? It's dumb and immature. If it's another reason please do inform, I would like to know what gets people angry, so I can continue to do it ;).

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
BTW, why do you dislike me so much? Is it because I said you'd be knocked off the brawl PR soon? If so... Grow up. I did mean it, but like seriously, why hold a grudge? It's dumb and immature. If it's another reason please do inform, I would like to know what gets people angry, so I can continue to do it ;).
A lot of us just don't like your attitude is all. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with your smash skills. That's the case with most of the people i've talked to. No offense.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Well someone can be a serial killer for all it matters, PR shouldn't be judged in that way.

I'm so glad BC has such a well organized Melee community. :-] Btw where are the other Canadian Melee PR's?

kithkin

Smash Champion
And I don't think it's fair to say just because you dislike me you wouldn't put me on your PR, because that isn't how a PR should be made.
I never said I wouldn't put you on because I dislike you, I can come to terms with you enough to enjoy your company, if you manage not to piss me of long enough for me to do so.

AKA: Don't make **** up, I never said you wouldn't be on because I dislike you, you wouldn't be on JUST for beating levi is my point, you'd haveto still do well.

Besides you ARE on it. Get over it. It's just a PR

Like Victor said, it's just yor attitude, and me personally, I just don't like your posts because I disagree with pretty much every one of them, and you take mine in ways that bothers me is all.

Nothing against who you are as a person, or a smasher (well not really, I mean I can't say I know you all that well) just a poster.

And about saying I'd be knocked off the PR, well, we all know that was out of line, but I say out of line things all the time so it's fine. It's true I was kinda bothered by your whining about your own placement, but whatever.

I think the end of that post is the one hearty thing you've said that I agree with. Even though it's to piss people off, thats what I enjoy.

So basically I don't like you because of your posts, and your attitude in taking them (like when you go in depth on something I was just saying to someone (who even got the joke and replied) and disagreed and ruined the funny)

edit: and remember, if you're ever curious as to why I commonly rag on you and Tyler, just look down to my sig, and hopefully it will make sense.

Top Bottom