• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
If I ever see him in that outfit, I'm gonna have nightmares. ._.
The Tingle suit sucks so much i'm sure that if an ugly person put on a Tingle suit they will look pretty.

(Am I a comedian yet?)

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Well Pichu and Dark Pit come from a game series with history while the characters are new. Shulk is an exception to this rule--but even then Shulk is a Nintendo character
Also, I just realized, compared to other cuts, Wolf has no excuse to be absent. Ice Climbers and Snake with their whole Issue thing, Ivysaur and Squirtle aren't iconic enough to be DLC, Pichu is too cute, Young Link is kinda redundant--but....why no Wolf? Can't even use the "second Fox" argument cause *ahem* Roy?
I think 1st party characters get in even if they're not iconic. Look at:4greninja: . he was in before x and y's release wasn't he? Nintendo characters have relative ease getting in smash bros (with a few exeptions) it's the 3rd party characters that have to jump through a lot of hurdles.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I think 1st party characters get in even if they're not iconic. Look at:4greninja: . he was in before x and y's release wasn't he? Nintendo characters have relative ease getting in smash bros (with a few exeptions) it's the 3rd party characters that have to jump through a lot of hurdles.
hmmm maybe iconic wasn't the right word--it would just be awkward to have those two as DLC of all veterans. I don't know--they don't have the Melee cut status of Mewtwo and Roy and their absence isn't as noticed as Wolf, Snake, and Icies and they're not as cute as Pichu. Greninja is the first water starter that looks better than the fire one XD

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
So besides the obvious buffed up side B, what other buffs would you guys like to see? Personally i prefer the air would love it if his foward smash did a lot of shield damage like:4ryu: collar bone breaker. It would fit nicely into his hyper-aggressive playstyle.

Edit: i can't remember who it was but someone suggested his final smash should be the new walkers from zero. I don't know if the wolfens can do that to...but i thought it was a really nice idea.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
So besides the obvious buffed up side B, what other buffs would you guys like to see? Personally i prefer the air would love it if his foward smash did a lot of shield damage like:4ryu: collar bone breaker. It would fit nicely into his hyper-aggressive playstyle.
It is not a buff, per se; however, I hope that they do not increase ending lag on his laser to be more consistent with Fox and Falco.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Hmmm, here's a list of changes I would like:

Make forward and up smash a little more powerful. They always felt a little too weak for me.

Less lag on neutral air and make it consistently be a single strong hit for more follow up potential.

Have forward air send at a more horizontal trajectory for more KOing potential.

Make his Up B a kill move.

I'm perfectly fine with everything else, though. I can already see Wolf being better than he was in Brawl due to the removal of chain grabbing, edge hogging, and the changes to meteor smashes.

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
His up B attack always ended in a horizontal kick regardless of which direction he went--but I want him to kick if he goes right or left, hearbutt if he goes up, or meteor smash kick if he's able to fly down onto an opponent use trying to recover--maybe give him a little "bounce" so he doesn't just go into a helpless state after doing that but only if he hits an opponent

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
So in anticipation for Wolf's return, I've been practicing with him endlessly in Brawl. Can't wait to see how he'll be in Smash 4.

Morbi

Scavenger
So in anticipation for Wolf's return, I've been practicing with him endlessly in Brawl. Can't wait to see how he'll be in Smash 4.
That is not a horribly bad idea, I have been getting way too antsy to try Wolf in Smash 4 that I had almost forgotten that I could play him any time that I want.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I've been playing him in Project M. Mostly because my local scene plays a lot of it.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
That is not a horribly bad idea, I have been getting way too antsy to try Wolf in Smash 4 that I had almost forgotten that I could play him any time that I want.
I did that awhile ago and I've mentioned it before, but the roster in brawl feels so small now.

and the controls feel so weird!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If Wolf does make a return to Sm4sh, then I have no reason to play Brawl again.
The Tingle suit sucks so much i'm sure that if an ugly person put on a Tingle suit they will look pretty.

(Am I a comedian yet?)
Not even close. You have a long ways to go.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm so glad wolf is super popular in Japan...just had to share that, i'm staring to get a little paranoid :(

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
To all my fellow Wolf supporters, look what I found especially for those who didn't know about it:
https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/230661-soon

If you already knew about this then give yourself a pat on the back.
Oh my GOD, I really need that Wolf and the Falco one. And the fox/ wolf one. And the Lucas is so sweet too, DAMN
Well, looks like I neeed atleast 4. Gone be to broke to buy more Smash DLC ;-;

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Oh my GOD, I really need that Wolf and the Falco one. And the fox/ wolf one. And the Lucas is so sweet too, DAMN
Gona´be broke really soon...
I already got the Rosalina one ordered obviously and I do plan to get the Mega Man, Wolf and maybe Roy shirts but I'll hold off on those three until I return to work in full health.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Also, in their Podcast, Source Gaming came up with a couple of theories for the remaining slots in characters
1. ALL THREE are for the ballot--I actually don't believe that because the slots were found in April and I believe they only added as many slots as they could do before the Ballot. It's REALLY hard to believe this one when the third one was discovered nearing the end of the ballot, making it the perfect time to start a ballot character assuming they waited until the ballot finished. I'll call this one the Ballot favored-theory
2. TWO ARE PRE-BALLOT--ONE (SO FAR) is BALLOT -- I want Wolf, Pichu, Ice Climbers, and Snake. Given the DLC so far, I'd venture that Wolf and Snake/Pichu would be the 2 released and would serve as a way to "hold us off" until the Ballot character is released. I'll cal this one the Veteran favored theory

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Murrr... I bet Wolf would look sexy on that. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm officially commondeering this Lenny Face( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
:wolf: : I can't let you ...ouch.

Better nerf :4greninja:
Ooooh,that's what happened,that's why he might be DLC(NO WONDER WHY SAKURAI DIDN'T PUT HIM IN THE BASE GAME ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).).
Also, in their Podcast, Source Gaming came up with a couple of theories for the remaining slots in characters
1. ALL THREE are for the ballot--I actually don't believe that because the slots were found in April and I believe they only added as many slots as they could do before the Ballot. It's REALLY hard to believe this one when the third one was discovered nearing the end of the ballot, making it the perfect time to start a ballot character assuming they waited until the ballot finished. I'll call this one the Ballot favored-theory
2. TWO ARE PRE-BALLOT--ONE (SO FAR) is BALLOT -- I want Wolf, Pichu, Ice Climbers, and Snake. Given the DLC so far, I'd venture that Wolf and Snake/Pichu would be the 2 released and would serve as a way to "hold us off" until the Ballot character is released. I'll cal this one the Veteran favored theory
I don't think we're having ONE newcomer

We only need third parties,despite the hate(Bomberman is a unique,yet spiritual successor to Snake or they both might be in SM4SH,nobody knows.

It's gonna have Shantae becuase Sakurai visited WayForward,it's happening guys.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Well it makes me wonder, do you think Wolf wears boxers, briefs or n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ?
Perhaps he's a...Howling Commando :B

Also, consider me a supporter.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
What if the 5 mario slots from April as a whole were slots the development team thought they could fill before the ballot ended?

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
That would be awesome, but I don't wanna get my hopes up too much.
Well I mean, why else would they add another slot NOW of all times? What--they "had time" to do another Ballot character? Took them a while to figure it out, huh

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
What if the 5 mario slots from April as a whole were slots the development team thought they could fill before the ballot ended?
I'm not understanding. Are you saying they wanted to give us more characters before the ballot ended but couldn't for some reason?

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I'm not understanding. Are you saying they wanted to give us more characters before the ballot ended but couldn't for some reason?
Nah I'm saying that maybe all 5 of the slots were meant for the gap between Mewtwo and the Ballot--with the most recent one being for the ballot and possibly beginning a Ballot run of DLC characters. Th 2 DLC characters would hold us over and still technically be pre-ballot (in terms of development). It's an over-optimistic view for sure, but hey, it's something

Last edited:
Top Bottom