• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

xWolfiex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xWolfie55x
3DS FC
2982-1721-1850
WHEN Wolf is in the game I'll be like
╚═( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
…..╚(███)╝
……╚(██)╝
………(█)
……….*
What are you, a lennypede? lol

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
Guys you can tell me what you want but I believe that we get 6 DLC Charas with 2 remaining packages. Only 3 more would look weird the roster with 2 more it´s perfgect. But Sakurai has more then 2 Charas in his sleeve. So I guess it will be 6. Only six would look the roster perfect other would destroy the structure of the roster.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Wolf, Lucas and Mewtwo should have been base game, I will agree with you there.
Roy shouldn't be in Smash 4 at all.

Wii Fit Trainer is deserving of her role in Smash. She's relatively well known and is a nice silly addition.
I should probably mention that Roy is my least favoritve vet and I also thought that with Lucina, his chance at being DLC would plummet. But as you can see, that didn't happen. This only means that Sakurai really loves Fire Emblem and has nothing to do with the other vets not being as worthy as Roy. I didn't mean to hate on WFT , I'm just sick of the giant misconception that the three clones of a roster of 51 characters took "precious development time" I want Wolf back in the game, but I do not put him above Megaman, Robin, Pikachu, or Meta Knight in terms of "who should've been in the base game"

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
I should probably mention that Roy is my least favoritve vet and I also thought that with Lucina, his chance at being DLC would plummet. But as you can see, that didn't happen. This only means that Sakurai really loves Fire Emblem and has nothing to do with the other vets not being as worthy as Roy. I didn't mean to hate on WFT , I'm just sick of the giant misconception that the three clones of a roster of 51 characters took "precious development time" I want Wolf back in the game, but I do not put him above Megaman, Robin, Pikachu, or Meta Knight in terms of "who should've been in the base game"
I agree with you about Roy, but you have to admit, he's a lot better in this game.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Guys you can tell me what you want but I believe that we get 6 DLC Charas with 2 remaining packages. Only 3 more would look weird the roster with 2 more it´s perfgect. But Sakurai has more then 2 Charas in his sleeve. So I guess it will be 6. Only six would look the roster perfect other would destroy the structure of the roster.
That would make sense. This way we could have two or three already worked on characters for the next three months until they release the ballot "winners" starting next year.

Oh, also first post here. Enjoyed my stay as a guest the last few weeks so I thought it would be time to join the pack ;)

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
That would make sense. This way we could have two or three already worked on characters for the next three months until they release the ballot "winners" starting next year.

Oh, also first post here. Enjoyed my stay as a guest the last few weeks so I thought it would be time to join the pack ;)
Welcome to the wolf pack! Great to have you aboard. :wolf:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Welcome to the pack! Good to see another howler on board for Wolf.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman

Thanks a lot. Always been howling for Wolf, always will.

AROOOOOOOOOOOO! ;)
Welcome to the Wolf thread! Appreciating very much your support!!

xWolfiex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xWolfie55x
3DS FC
2982-1721-1850

I should start greeting people often. Welcome to the pack, brother.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Welcome to the Wolf thread! Appreciating very much your support!!
I should start greeting people often. Welcome to the pack, brother.
Thanks, guys.

So, there'll be a new update soon hopefully fixing Diddy Kong. Are you expecting anything alongside that patch? Especially since there's a rumor regarding a Direct within the next two weeks?

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
So

I heard there's a patch 1.1.2 coming

It's only a fix to the Diddy grab glitch tho
There could be more to it.

IT'S JUST TOO SIMPLE FOR NINTENDO.
I think Sakurai already gave us a date to look forward to. If u scroll to the bottom of the main page you'll see text that says:
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS: Launch Date: 10/3/2014
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: Launch Date: 11/21/2014
2 things youll notice, October 3 is the date the ballot ends and the time difference between those 2 is about 2 months, the same time it takes to get a patch. Coincidence? I think not, Wolf is released on Nov 21 confirmed
November 20th-21st are the dates I think will have DLC.

November 20th was SF:Zero's original release
November 21st for everyone's favorite HD smash game(SSBU)
Thanks a lot. Always been howling for Wolf, always will.

AROOOOOOOOOOOO! ;)
Sup bro

Welcome to the Pack

We have ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) shaped cookies.Enjoy.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina: did take up development time. They didn't take up much mind you but they did take up time. Time that could have been spent on anyone or anything else. Get rid of those 3 and we could have gotten something as minuscule as getting :4mewtwo: a day or two earlier. When you also consider how little those 3 add to the game (especially :4lucina:) the complaint, while minor can be considered legitimate. That being said, as it was mentioned before characters like :4wiifit: and whoever else can be complained about more. Heck, you could complain about stages and music and modes for that matter too. Get rid of PAC-LAND and all of it's music and Smash Tour and Angry Bombs and who knows what could have been made in the time it took to make those.

Also, completely unrelated but it is a pain finding the character heads now. :4wiifit: and :4wiifitm: aren't even near each other. ;-;

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
AceArcana AceArcana welcome to the club! AWOOO--what are your thoughts on the third slot?

phantom man phantom man I just realized that my whole argument against Roy is hypocritical. I vouched for Lucina's inclusion because she was easy to make and a last minute inclusion and yet, here I am arguing that Roy is a third Marth. I take it ALL back--Lucina shouldn't (and didn't) count as a strike against Roy. It's one heck of a tease, though. You think King K. Rool is deconfirmed cause of a costume? Look at Roy--Lucina was her own Marth clone and Roy still made it back.

Krysco Krysco I don't think cut vets were completely ignored--there aren't any new semi-clones in the game like in Brawl. Roy fans could've argued that Lucas took just as much time to make in Brawl then Roy did in Melee. But here, there's nothing to compare it to as the 3 were last-minute wrapping up characters.

Also, I feel Sonic was the reason behind Brawl's delay (actually it might have been said somewhere). Could Sonic be the reason Jigglypuff, Wolf, and Toon Link wereable to be added?

Last edited:

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
AceArcana AceArcana welcome to the club! AWOOO--what are your thoughts on the third slot?
Thanks. Well, first of all it means that there is virtually no limit to how many characters can be added. Thus said, I now highly expect the return of at least one Veteran (best result Wolf, worst result anyone else ;)), one newcomer that is already worked on and, of course, someone from the ballot. Although I'm pretty sure there will be more slots at the end of the year or early next year. No way they miss out on the chance to cash in more money by not adding more than one ballot character.

Furret24

Smash Master
That forward smash is crazy strong and Game & Watch is super light, so no surprise there.
I was playing Meta Knight. :/

His fsmash is crazy strong. G&W's sweetspoted fsmash kills just as early...fully charged.
:gawmelee:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

His fsmash is crazy strong. G&W's sweetspoted fsmash kills just as early...fully charged.
Well, Roy's forward smash has always been like this, and it's fine as it is if you ask me considering Roy himself has a lot of flaws.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana

I also think that Roy is a bit, well, unbalanced. He's super fast, super strong, has nice defense and actually has quite a good recovery. I think Sakurai wanted to make sure that he is different enough from Marth/Lucina for not being blamed for adding yet another Marth and he succeeded. If Wolf gets the same treatment there's really no need for me to pick up any other character.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Wolf shouldn't have much problems with Roy. Assuming his legs don't get a range nerf we should be able to keep him away with Blaster and retreating bairs. Our weight should also keep us living longer than G&W, MK and the other Starfox characters. If Wolf gets any combos then Roy should be a good weight for them. On the other hand, Wolf is also gonna be combo fodder and Roy does have a few.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Seeing as I main Roy and I'm most likely gonna main Wolf as well, I'll thankfully know the matchups back and forth.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Seeing as I main Roy and I'm most likely gonna main Wolf as well, I'll thankfully know the matchups back and forth.
Same here. I actually really enjoy playing Roy although I don't really like him as a character. Lacking the personality, imo. However, it's somehow pretty satisfying to land combos with Roy.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Same here. I actually really enjoy playing Roy although I don't really like him as a character. Lacking the personality, imo. However, it's somehow pretty satisfying to land combos with Roy.
I wanted Roy ever since he was cut from Brawl and I supported him until the end. He was my most wanted veteran and is one of my favorite video game characters ever.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
I wanted Roy ever since he was cut from Brawl and I supported him until the end. He was my most wanted veteran and is one of my favorite video game characters ever.
I didn't have to deal with losing my main character up to Brawl since I used Link. But now I lost Wolf and I know you how you feel since it's the same for me with him.

Since Fire Emblem didn't really catch my interest I wasn't really able to build up any connection to Marth or Roy, who basically was a "fiery Marth" to me back in Melee. And it's still like that for me except i main him atm xD

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I didn't have to deal with losing my main character up to Brawl since I used Link. But now I lost Wolf and I know you how you feel since it's the same for me with him.

Since Fire Emblem didn't really catch my interest I wasn't really able to build up any connection to Marth or Roy, who basically was a "fiery Marth" to me back in Melee. And it's still like that for me except i main him atm xD
Yeah, Wolf was one of my best characters in Brawl and I miss him a lot. He's my most wanted veteran currently.

Understandable. Having played through Binding Blade myself, there certainly is more personality to Roy than people give him credit for, but I better not write a super long paragraph about it here.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Isacc apparently doesn't have a bunch of japan support, those 3 characters aren't the worse case scenario though, I'm worried that he'll add characters like Shovel Knight and Shantae. Those characters i actually would boycott. Though you would still have to wonder assuming if only those 3 did get in, why didn't Wolf and Krool. Basically it kind of would confirm some Sakurai bias. Wolf should have been pre ballot from the beginning, if Sakurai denies him for the ballot, he's got something against him.
This is true. Though to play Devil's Advocate, he's going to be bias no matter what. Let's just hope he's bias towards the right characters.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Isacc apparently doesn't have a bunch of japan support, those 3 characters aren't the worse case scenario though, I'm worried that he'll add characters like Shovel Knight and Shantae. Those characters i actually would boycott. Though you would still have to wonder assuming if only those 3 did get in, why didn't Wolf and Krool. Basically it kind of would confirm some Sakurai bias. Wolf should have been pre ballot from the beginning, if Sakurai denies him for the ballot, he's got something against him.
This is true. Though to play Devil's Advocate, he's going to be bias no matter what. Let's just hope he's bias towards the right characters.

Wolf, Lucas and Mewtwo should have been base game, I will agree with you there.
Roy shouldn't be in Smash 4 at all.

Wii Fit Trainer is deserving of her role in Smash. She's relatively well known and is a nice silly addition.
Just curious, why doesn't Roy deserve to be in the game? I agree Wolf, Lucas and Mewtwo should have been in the base game (but weren't because other characters were prioritized), but what makes Roy not worthy?

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Well, there is this one tweet where he's almost exclusively using quotes from Team Starwolf (Pigma and Leon). Why'd he do that if it's not anything Starfox related?

On the other hand, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions. If so, sorry. It just would somehow fit into all speculations so far.

Here's the tweet I was talking about:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RogersBase/status/651501082456293376
Oh! Thanks for pointing that one out! I know that Shofu is a Wolf supporter so that is a good hint right there and welcome to the pack even though I'm a bit late. :p

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, there is this one tweet where he's almost exclusively using quotes from Team Starwolf (Pigma and Leon). Why'd he do that if it's not anything Starfox related?

On the other hand, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions. If so, sorry. It just would somehow fit into all speculations so far.

Here's the tweet I was talking about:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RogersBase/status/651501082456293376
So this week is an actual possibility for Wolf to appear?

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
At least it sounds like it. But you know how it is. Take it with a grain of salt. So do I.
The internet is a mean place xD

Although I have a feeling in my gut that this might be finally true.

Anyone else got this feeling?

Last edited:
Top Bottom