• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
At least it sounds like it. But you know how it is. Take it with a grain of salt. So do I.
The internet is a mean place xD (although I have a feeling in my gut that this might be finally true).
I will take this with a grain of salt then. Man, the internet is really unpredictable, isn't it?

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Guys, seriously read it!

https://mobile.Twitter.com/RogersBase

He's hinting at Wolf so hard with his quotes...
I remember seeing a reddit post by HeroCallMe1,the OP of the thread about this.I guess you beat me to it :smash::reverse:epic emojis brah.

I think this is legit,but not"HOLY CRAP,DUCK HUNT DOG IN SMESH BRAS,IM FEELING SOMETHING""OMGOSH WE GOT DANK PITT,THE EDGE OS HIRTENG MEH"like the ESRB leak that swept the Smash Bros. subreddit

I mean Roger worked at Nintendo for a time

Could this thread be the Wolf social?Will Reggie finally learn to jump?Will Hungrybox lose to Reggie?Will John Cena except his promeme status?Find out next time on DBZ.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
I'm not understanding, what StarWolf related tweets are there and how does this person fit in with the smash series?

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Ha, nice one ;)

I'm not understanding, what StarWolf related tweets are there and how does this person fit in with the smash series?
It's about this particular tweet of a former Nintendo employee:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RogersBase/status/651501082456293376

Since he's almost exclusively answering with quotes from Pigma and Leon my theory is that he's hinting at something Starfox related. And since those two are members of Starwolf it may hint at Wolf to be presented as DLC within the next two weeks. Why else would he use less popular quotes from a franchise if not for teasing a main character?

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Since he's almost exclusively answering with quotes from Pigma and Leon my theory is that he's hinting at something Starfox related. And since those two are members of Starwolf it may hint at Wolf to be presented as DLC within the next two weeks. Why else would he use less popular quotes from a franchise if not for teasing a main character?
Because he loves Star Fox?

Aviterius

Smash Cadet
Ha, nice one ;)

As much as I want it to mean something, I'm a bit skeptical.
Welcome to the pack, in just a day you've posted more than I've done in weeks, well done.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Well give me a duck and call me a fiddle--well I suppose he could know something--either this is some "15 minutes of Fame" guy or there's some truth to this. We shall see.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Ha, nice one ;)

Wait, rogersbase used to work for nintendo?

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
The ballot officially closed! Maybe they're working on Wolf now! Or maybe they already are.......

Aviterius

Smash Cadet
Well give me a duck and call me a fiddle--well I suppose he could know something--either this is some "15 minutes of Fame" guy or there's some truth to this. We shall see.
Bit unrelated, but about your sig, why do you think Squirtle and Ivysaur are less likely than ICs? I understand that there are a lot of pokemon already and that there's not a lot of demand for them, but they seem more likely to me than a character that's been taken out because it's impossible to implement.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Ha, nice one ;)

I hope we get more Starfox mii costumes. Slippy, Peppy, Falco, Katt, Pigma, Leon and Andrew would be awesome.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
For those of you who were afraid of the idea, I looked up tingle Wolf and found nothing in Google images.
As for the leaks, Some guy named Stealth is claiming that a character that is not Wolf will be revealed soon, and many believe its either Krool or Inklings, due to hints we received, though I honestly have no idea what the **** is going on with these "leaks".

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
For those of you who were afraid of the idea, I looked up tingle Wolf and found nothing in Google images.
As for the leaks, Some guy named Stealth is claiming that a character that is not Wolf will be revealed soon, and many believe its either Krool or Inklings, due to hints we received, though I honestly have no idea what the **** is going on with these "leaks".
Man, I sure don't know what to believe at this point.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
All these leaks are probably fake. I don't think Nintendo will take kindly to an employee even remotely opening the door to leaks.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Man, I sure don't know what to believe at this point.
Now everyone's claiming Stealth's claims are bull and that Gol D. Rogersbase is the only guy who knows all and just now shared the info with Stealth and his friend Zef. Yeah Who's on first is easier to understand than this.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Now everyone's claiming Stealth's claims are bull and that Gol D. Rogersbase is the only guy who knows all and just now shared the info with Stealth and his friend Zef. Yeah Who's on first is easier to understand than this.
Man, this is getting crazy! I won't take their word for what they say about the next character, for now.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
For ****'s sake. Why not Wolf? The wait is literally just pissing me off at this point. I'm still hoping for Wolf this month though. Although I may not like him, Roger may just have solid info. Plus, Roger got into contact with Shofu, and used quotes from Leon and Pigma in his tweets. I really hope he isn't just playing like an asshole and is actually hinting at Wolf.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
For ****'s sake. Why not Wolf? The wait is literally just pissing me off at this point. I'm still hoping for Wolf this month though. Although I may not like him, Roger may just have solid info. Plus, Roger got into contact with Shofu, and used quotes from Leon and Pigma in his tweets. I really hope he isn't just playing like an ******* and is actually hinting at Wolf.
Well now everyone is saying that all the stuff that Stealth said about the DLC is bull, and that he was just piggy backing off Roger. Stealth also deleted a post saying that if the DLC character he was hinting at was Wolf, Shovel Knight or Shantae, he'd have hung himself already. I think he believes Wolf is a clone based on some of his posts.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Well now everyone is saying that all the stuff that Stealth said about the DLC is bull, and that he was just piggy backing off Roger. Stealth also deleted a post saying that if the DLC character he was hinting at was Wolf, Shovel Knight or Shantae, he'd have hung himself already. I think he believes Wolf is a clone based on some of his posts.
Wow. Stealth sounds like a ****

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Where are you reading all this?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Why do these leaks persist so? Is someone trying to rile us up or something?

I can't imagine why someone would think having :wolf: would be a bad idea. And the whole "Wolf is a clone" misconception still exists even though it has been discussed to death that he isn't? My faith in humanity is dwindling.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
I feel in our DLC drought everyone is looking for a smallest sliver of hope across all character fandoms, so we have fake leakers and people stretching things to infinity and beyond. But if Wolf makes it this weekend, I won't know what to say.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I feel in our DLC drought everyone is looking for a smallest sliver of hope across all character fandoms, so we have fake leakers and people stretching things to infinity and beyond. But if Wolf makes it this weekend, I won't know what to say.
Once Wolf is in the game as character DLC we shall have all reached leak enlightenment and then we can help any other characters who have yet to reach leak enlightenment....reach leak enlightenment. Also anyone want to send a picture of Tingle Wolf to Stealth just to hopefully traumatize him to never call Wolf a clone again, or ever hang himself at Wolf's inclusion (I know he deleted the post, but still)

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
GUYS, THIS IS JUST A LEAK. WE DON'T KNOW IF IT IS TRUTH (As a matter of fact, some part of tother threads are dismissing already...)...

You're all better than this come on, ruffians. :wolf:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
GUYS, THIS IS JUST A LEAK. WE DON'T KNOW IF IT IS TRUTH (As a matter of fact, some part of tother threads are dismissing already...)...

You're all better than this come on, ruffians. :wolf:
I'm not buying anything. Just becoming more and more agrivated at the lack of anything. The only thing I'm holding on to is Roger's info. The guy gets news, contacts Shofu, then makes Pigma and Leon quotes. I may just be a tease, in which case I won't be surprised. I don't very much like the guy, anyways..

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Eh, I'm the type that waits quietly for things, rather than put much stock in any supposed chances that may arise. Though I will say this, all of these leaks that popup every week are starting to get a little annoying.

You won't be saying anything. You'll be too busy howling with joy.:wolf:

On an unrelated note, what happened with the character icons? They're all out of order, not that it bugs me, just something I noticed.

Once Wolf is in the game as character DLC we shall have all reached leak enlightenment and then we can help any other characters who have yet to reach leak enlightenment....reach leak enlightenment. Also anyone want to send a picture of Tingle Wolf to Stealth just to hopefully traumatize him to never call Wolf a clone again, or ever hang himself at Wolf's inclusion (I know he deleted the post, but still)
As much as I don't like Tingle, this would probably be a hilarious troll move. Maybe use this as ammo against all the naysayers?:troll:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Bit unrelated, but about your sig, why do you think Squirtle and Ivysaur are less likely than ICs? I understand that there are a lot of pokemon already and that there's not a lot of demand for them, but they seem more likely to me than a character that's been taken out because it's impossible to implement.
I don't see Squirtle and Ivysaur as DLC worthy--I'd buy them in a heartbeat, but I don't think time would be put into them.

They are neither semi-clones like Roy, Lucas, and Wolf and they're not as notable as Mewtwo, Wolf, Snake or even Pichu.That being said, I adore Pichu and I think he'd be a great "cheaper" DLC choice, plus Pichu could be a squeeze-out like Lucina and Dr. Mario. I posted a little thingy on the Pichu thread.

The Ice Climbers being above them all boils down to which is more likely: Sakurai focusing DLC efforts on a two cut Pokemon from Brawl that aren't as wanted OR release Ice Climbers, who already have data, as a Wii U exclusive. Neither scenario is really likely so I guess they're actually equal. :pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee::pichumelee:

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Staying out of leaks and disscussion of such UNLESS they're proved with facts. That upper case being another one. Won't give it the benefit of the doubt until there is reveal.

:bowser:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Someone take a picture of that, and when something like that doesn't happen, call him out on that. Like I said, not believing until proof is shown.

:bowser:

Aviterius

Smash Cadet
Yo... I bet Shofu knows something, as he got rid of #FreeWolf.
I somehow doubt they'd let someone like Shofu get information no one else has access to, no offense to the man, but it just doesn't seem likely.
He did change his name but he still made a comment about it when he did.

Top Bottom