• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Please no, his side special is my favorite move in the entire series. I love this move so much, I have so many great memories of it, it's so hype, and no other characters have such a cool and unique move in my opinion. I mean damn no others characters have a diagonal purple raikiri that can go through stages ! Also this move kinda gave Wolf a new "headcanon" (hope I'm using the right term). With this move I have often seen Wolf being portrayed with a purple electrical power in his right hand / claws. I find this interesting how it add to Wolf personality and how it could serve Wolf in the future.

Same goes for his up-b. I like how you can surprise opponents in middle fight with it if you do it right, no many up-Bs can be pulled out like that. Also very satisfying, that last kick which send the opponent crash his head against the ledge of the stage and then fall for his doom unconscious, just awesome.

I'm telling you: In my opinion Wolf is already a great character and a very balanced one. Is an example of how characters should be made. He just needs a new final smash and a faster dash / run speed. I have an idea for his down B and final smash but in my country it's very late and I need to rest, will explain tomorrow if I have time. I also have a little speculation about Wolf's model in the Lylat Cruise codec, but it's nothing big that confirm him, it's just something that I found odd and I want to share it with you to see what you guys think.
Yes I too believe Wolf has purple electricity. In smash bros Wii U/3DS the characters attacks have color to them, Wolf's could be purple and have electric effects on his claws.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I just realized something: What does Star Fox 64 Wolf even look like outside his Wolfen? We know what he looks like in Assault, Command - basically his Assault attire -, and even Star Fox 2 through fan art and Brawl which combined his Assault look with Star Fox 2 elements.

Melee was supposed to have Wolf, but Sakurai scrapped him since he would look way too similar to Fox. Case in point, it's just a different head on Fox's body. He and Ganondorf's sword and poses with his sword are one of the few leftovers in Melee that were kept in. Oh, sure, Wolf could be taller, but that was confirmed until Assault, however, common sense will tell everyone that wolves are larger than foxes.

All we have are his talk icons for reference.

From Star Fox 64 3D it's clear what Wolf kind of wears. Yeah right. It looks like he's wearing a black shirt under a what looks like a brown jacket. Vague as hell. Oh, and he has a regular eyepatch.

Y'know who else wears similar clothes and has an eyepatch? Old Big Boss. For all we know, Wolf could look like freaking Aiden Pearce from Watch_Dogs. Ironically, Pearce is known as "The Fox". Also, the brown jacket reminds me of Bolin in Season 4 of The Legend of Korra. His jacket was based on the Rocketeer's, a superhero from 1982 who serves an homage to 1930's, 40's, and 50's superheroes.

Wolf in Assault and Command looked like a futuristic space pirate or a cowboy. Star Fox 2's concept had Wolf look like a space thug and a more "vulgar" pirate. Melee was just a copy and paste of Fox's body and an altered head for Wolf. Now, what would Wolf look like from 64? To me, he sort of screams old school, 1940's, jacket wearing gentleman. He'd be a thief, a pirate, a crook, and a fighter who's well-dressed, has class, but is subtle unlike his intimidating looks in Star Fox 2, Assault, Command, and Brawl. Perhaps, a bomber jacket? I mean, he is a pilot. Or something like those overcoat wearing villains like Big Boss, but for Wolf's sake and practicality, Wolf would wear a shorter jacket that might just reach below the hip instead.

Just a little question since if SSB4 wants to follow the 64 3D theme, then Wolf is probably not going to be in his Brawl form. Then again, Fox and Falco don't exactly reflect their selves in 64 3D or Command.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Wolf has reached 400 on the DLC poll. I just now got Wolf's trophy. So analysis time, it's purely assault and resembles Fox(assault) in terms of fur. Its not as detailed as I thought, also why does the Star Wolf trophy case come first in the Star Fox series? Why not Star Fox, Star Fox Assault, Star Wolf. Star Wolf, Star Fox Assault, Star Fox, seems a bit odd. OK now I'm starting to expect a Wolf DLC announcement even more now.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Wolf has reached 400 on the DLC poll. I just now got Wolf's trophy. So analysis time, it's purely assault and resembles Fox(assault) in terms of fur. Its not as detailed as I thought, also why does the Star Wolf trophy case come first in the Star Fox series? Why not Star Fox, Star Fox Assault, Star Wolf. Star Wolf, Star Fox Assault, Star Fox, seems a bit odd. OK now I'm starting to expect a Wolf DLC announcement even more now.
You're right about the positioning of the trophy cases - At the moment in my game, the Star Wolf trophy box appears to be first in line. I know TheRandomCities4 compiled up pictures of the trophy boxes over on the Krystal thread, and he also remarked about the trophies. (Though sadly, I've given up on the Krystal thread - I can't tell if it's about Krystal or a 'We hate Nintendo, they're idiots and should go bankrupt for being Nintendo' thread.) Listen - I owe a lot of my gaming life to them - I don't want to see/hear any trash talk. (True, they may have made some mistakes, or done things the fans may disagree with, but I still enjoy their games for what they are worth!)

But yeah, I too, think Wolf's very likely for DLC. (Still working on the document for a post about why one should support Wolf for DLC. @ Ffamran Ffamran 's move suggestions/ideas sounded really cool, (Wolf Pounce - Use of weapons from Assault) so I hope you don't mind if I reference them. And gives me a bit more reason to hunt down Star Fox Assault, the only game in the series I've yet to play. :ohwell:)

Also, regarding Miyamoto's remark about the story of Star Fox U being episodic, I have a suspicion the game's going to be better off being downloaded from the e-shop. That's just my feeling about it. And one last thing - Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You're right about the positioning of the trophy cases - At the moment in my game, the Star Wolf trophy box appears to be first in line. I know TheRandomCities4 compiled up pictures of the trophy boxes over on the Krystal thread, and he also remarked about the trophies. (Though sadly, I've given up on the Krystal thread - I can't tell if it's about Krystal or a 'We hate Nintendo, they're idiots and should go bankrupt for being Nintendo' thread.) Listen - I owe a lot of my gaming life to them - I don't want to see/hear any trash talk. (True, they may have made some mistakes, or done things the fans may disagree with, but I still enjoy their games for what they are worth!)

But yeah, I too, think Wolf's very likely for DLC. (Still working on the document for a post about why one should support Wolf for DLC. @ Ffamran Ffamran 's move suggestions/ideas sounded really cool, (Wolf Pounce - Use of weapons from Assault) so I hope you don't mind if I reference them. And gives me a bit more reason to hunt down Star Fox Assault, the only game in the series I've yet to play. :ohwell:)

Also, regarding Miyamoto's remark about the story of Star Fox U being episodic, I have a suspicion the game's going to be better off being downloaded from the e-shop. That's just my feeling about it. And one last thing - Merry Christmas!
Star Fox Wii U isn't episodic like Telltale Games's stuff. Miyamoto said that the story would be like Thunderbirds. So, I'm assuming it'd be like a cartoon where each mission or act is like an episode. The side missions would be more like mini-games so, they'll involve other types of gameplay or something.

Personally, I'm trying to get a copy of Command and maybe the original Star Fox. I've played the rest to completion, but never played the others. F-Zero, Mother/EarthBound, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Mega Man, etc... Yeah...

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Star Fox Wii U isn't episodic like Telltale Games's stuff. Miyamoto said that the story would be like a Thunderbirds. So, I'm assuming it'd be like a cartoon where each mission or act is like an episode. The side missions would be more like mini-games so, they'll involve other types of gameplay or something.

Personally, I'm trying to get a copy of Command and maybe the original Star Fox. I've played the rest to completion, but never played the others. F-Zero, Mother/EarthBound, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Mega Man, etc... Yeah...
We need a Star Fox TV show, I think we can all universally agree on that. Also Merry Christmas, though I'm still waiting for my wish to come true (Wolf DLC announcement).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
We need a Star Fox TV show, I think we can all universally agree on that. Also Merry Christmas, though I'm still waiting for my wish to come true (Wolf DLC announcement).
A lot of Nintendo's stuff could be made into other media. Wario could get sort of a superhero comic and TV show kind of like DuckTales since Wario's not exactly nice, but he's not completely evil similar to how Scrooge McDuck is greedy, but he's not heartless. Mother/EarthBound could be a novel, Fire Emblem could be like The Lord of the Rings or A Song of Ice and Fire either as a series of novels, films, or a TV show. The Legend of Zelda is one thing I don't know what they could do other than "explain" it like Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think earthbound would make a good animated film and fire emblem an anime
There was a Fire Emblem anime. I don't know how well it did other than Spike Spencer voiced Marth which was okay considering the time. Now, I don't know since he was all right as Ringabel in Bravely Default. I think Gideon Emery would be cool for Marth. That buttery smooth voice he's got. That or Jamieson Price. IT'S LU B- I mean, IT'S MARTH! RUN AWAY! :p

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
This strikes tears to me eyes every time :'(:popo::lucas::wolf:
Anyway No hate here Folks.
But I now love both of these two :4fox::4falco:~Don't know if it's that back-air of Falco's
Fox and Falco have shot up their on my main list they can't pass the top 5 though but Fox sits at a steady 6
:popo:
:4falcon::4ness::4fox:
Now if it's just me trying to fill the void.
It makes perfect sense seeing how I now main these guys
-:4fox::4falco:
-:4ness:
-:rosalina:
I miss the 3 play-styles oh so much.
I am not here to complain though just give my two-sense.
I see these two coming back sometime soon the out-cry for them is ridiculous.

But honestly........ I'm losing hope everyday for these two :popo:

And I am a guy who wants the entire cast back this smash.... yes even:pichumelee::younglinkmelee::roymelee:
It' not me being butt-hurt or anything it's just, whenever I get Rekt playing as my Smash 4 main :falcon64::falconmelee::falcon::4falcon:
I have no other choice to turn to, other than my wild-card being:4villager:
(seriously get that little devil in motion and he kicks major butt)
I need at least these two back in this iteration of Smash
Need my destroyers of souls to return to me once more :')

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
But I now love both of these two :4fox::4falco:~Don't know if it's that back-air of Falco's
Fox and Falco have shot up their on my main list they can't pass the top 5 though but Fox sits at a steady 6

And I am a guy who wants the entire cast back this smash.... yes even:pichumelee::younglinkmelee::roymelee:
It' not me being butt-hurt or anything it's just, whenever I get Rekt playing as my Smash 4 main :falcon64::falconmelee::falcon::4falcon:
I need wolf back, I just can't play as anyone else as good I could him, he just fit my playstyle so well. Also lucas so I can stop getting rekt by my brothers ness (I ****ing hate ness in this game)

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Wolf will be back soon. The question is Spring 2015, Fall 2015, Winter 2015, or earlier than Spring 2015. He was a late cut (so it seems) so he should be easy to bring back. I need WOLF NOW! I don't want a repeat of Mario Kart 7, where I got my main Wario, but my second main, Waluigi was cut, that game didn't support DLC (coincidentally Wario was also unlockable in that game too) This game can support DLC, so WOLF WILL COME BACK. We just don't know when.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Wolf will be back soon. The question is Spring 2015, Fall 2015, Winter 2015, or earlier than Spring 2015. He was a late cut (so it seems) so he should be easy to bring back. I need WOLF NOW! I don't want a repeat of Mario Kart 7, where I got my main Wario, but my second main, Waluigi was cut, that game didn't support DLC (coincidentally Wario was also unlockable in that game too) This game can support DLC, so WOLF WILL COME BACK. We just don't know when.
Maybe summer, that'll hopefully be when star fox comes out

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Right now, we really don't know much. Mewtwo is it and could very well be the only character. Now, that may not happen as I expect Mewtwo will be a success in terms of number of downloads and purchases (as an aside, I expect there wont be a ton of free downloads because there aren't many people with the Wii U version so I expect a lot of 3DS owners will buy him). It wont be till after that they'll even consider doing other characters.

I do agree with you all that Wolf stands the best chances of returning due to both the new Starfox game, his huge role in the series, and that Japan like Star Wolf. But time will tell when that actually happens. Sakurai has said characters take a while, though the delay with Mewtwo may also be because they are adding other things as well like Tourney, Sharing and the Miiverse stage. But, again, we really wont know until Mewtwo is released. I suspect we'll see something in a January Nintendo Direct. I suspect there may be some stuff in the release we don't know about (though it likely wont be more characters).

BTW, I'm like a lot of you all. I really want Wolf, Lucas and ICs back. I'd like Roy back too but Lucina makes it difficult.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Oh.And :mewtwopm:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Right now, we really don't know much. Mewtwo is it and could very well be the only character. Now, that may not happen as I expect Mewtwo will be a success in terms of number of downloads and purchases (as an aside, I expect there wont be a ton of free downloads because there aren't many people with the Wii U version so I expect a lot of 3DS owners will buy him). It wont be till after that they'll even consider doing other characters.

I do agree with you all that Wolf stands the best chances of returning due to both the new Starfox game, his huge role in the series, and that Japan like Star Wolf. But time will tell when that actually happens. Sakurai has said characters take a while, though the delay with Mewtwo may also be because they are adding other things as well like Tourney, Sharing and the Miiverse stage. But, again, we really wont know until Mewtwo is released. I suspect we'll see something in a January Nintendo Direct. I suspect there may be some stuff in the release we don't know about (though it likely wont be more characters).

BTW, I'm like a lot of you all. I really want Wolf, Lucas and ICs back. I'd like Roy back too but Lucina makes it difficult.
Well judging by character time it will take Mewtwo 5 months depending on the work procedure.
s stated last month he started working on Mewtwo and when I got my notification back regarding Mewtwo and the CD it said the codes for Mewtwo should arrive near the end of March. If my assumptions are correct they will either promote more after their New Year direct when ever that shall be of course, or during E3 which will probably be the Latter.
now people can say al they want that these sort of characters would generate hype
[URL='http://smashboards.com/threads/k-rools-kremling-kutthroats-request-the-king-in-your-smash-club-nintendo-forms-today.324259/']
But that statement can be proven wrong.
I damn near cried when I saw the majesty of Falcon:4falcon: being shown HD During the Trailer for these two:4robinm::4lucina:
Maybe it's personally because I can only dare to say I love Ike seeing how he was born in Brawl and I preferred him over Marth.
That and Fire emblem somehow got two extra reps and two of my favourite franchises lost two putting them below Fire Emblem even if they were not cut.
:4marth::4myfriends::4lucina::4robinm: I only like :4myfriends:&
But that's my opinion.

:4ness:
[/URL]
:4fox::4falco:Need I bring up the hype that Mewtwo originally generated ?:mewtwopm:
And I can't tell you the (smiles:4ness: & tears ) I got when I saw Ness duing that 3ds stream but then realised Lucas was gone.
Same goes for Falco all I thought about was..... Where's Wolf ?
I do think they will come back.
If Star Fox, and that Earthbound forever thing is real (even if not Mother 3 can still go Worldwide)
They should return even faster.
These two are shoe in's because unlike Mewtwo they can both be for the most part ported-over.
Because as we all know Sakurai said Melee was pretty hard to port data fro two-generations over. Which explains why all the Melee stages have come from Brawl.
And why congo jungle is the only 64 stage seeing how looks like the Melee stage.
I just wait for to come back to me :)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So what would y'all's reaction would be if Wolf does get confirmed as DLC around the time Star Fox Wii U comes out?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So what would y'all's reaction would be if Wolf does get confirmed as DLC around the time Star Fox Wii U comes out?
Brace myself for another inevitable secondary to be added to my burgenoning roster.

:3

Pazzo

Smash Rookie
You have my vote. Wolf for DLC! Let Lucas get a comeback too if we're at it.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
I would be so freaking happy. Just thinking about how I would have two of my most favorite playable characters (wolf and mewtwo) together with some of my other favorite characters (link and diddy) would be a dream come true!

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So can anybody tell me what use Wolf Flash is?

Not being facetious, I'm genuinely wondering, what's its purpose?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I'd actually be able to fight with someone and maybe win 1 on 1 for glory for once.

The Wolf flash is a more affective and more Spike worthy that the Fox/Falco illusion seeing how it goes diagonal and the Side-b to Up-b is now a thing it will affectively help Wolf in a lot of ways.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The Wolf flash is a more affective and more Spike worthy that the Fox/Falco illusion seeing how it goes diagonal and the Side-b to Up-b is now a thing it will affectively help Wolf in a lot of ways.
Okay, because I've never been able to use it without murdering myseflf quite messily.

Hence I just kind of ignored it for most of the game ahaha~

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I always pictured Wolf's SF64 attire to be the same jumpsuit that the SF wears, but in black, but with a brown longcoat over the top (think Fox Mulder length).
I think his British voice would be a welcome return. Hell, just get James Marsters to voice him, he'd do a sweet job.

Last edited:

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I've always pictured the attire to be the trench coat look as well. There was a really nice picture I seen of the Star Wolf team once upon a time that had them wearing a similar outfit, but I could only find the one of Leon Powalski at the moment.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've always pictured the attire to be the trench coat look as well. There was a really nice picture I seen of the Star Wolf team once upon a time that had them wearing a similar outfit, but I could only find the one of Leon Powalski at the moment.

That actually looks really really cool. I can definitely see Wolf wearing something like this, especially with the upturned collar and fingerless gloves to go with it~

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Essentially, this: an edge-guarding tool. Falco can get early/dirty kills with a throw and Falco Phantasm, but it's kind of predictable, somewhat unreliable, and slow. Still, for recovering, it's deadly since an edge-guarder can be punished severely if they get in Falco's path. The only issue is that about half or 3/4's of Phantasm has a hit box. Don't ask why; nobody knows why.

Wolf Flash is much more useful since if it no longer leaves Wolf helpless in the air then it can function as an amazing recovery - it has vertical and horizontal movement -, edge-guard, and anti-air tool. It's like Ike's Aether now - I love how Aether ignores the stage and hits people under it.

Last edited:

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
Something along the lines of
THANK YOU BASED MASH POTATO SAKA BA
Followed by a slow happy decent from a seated position onto the floor into a giddy squirm fest of smiles and rolls

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman

Just felt like I should share this here. It's from the Melee intro, and it doesn't look like Wolf at all. This is probably the worst Wolf render I've ever seen. I can understand why though as it's literally a retextured Fox made for a few seconds of an opening cutscene.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Just felt like I should share this here. It's from the Melee intro, and it doesn't look like Wolf at all. This is probably the worst Wolf render I've ever seen. I can understand why though as it's literally a retextured Fox made for a few seconds of an opening cutscene.
I thought he had an eye patch?

Top Bottom